Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | About the scarred wastelands
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote name="TehuMertt" date="2019-09-20 19:36:47" ] @/penguala They are not flesh, don't worry. I actually have an explanation as to why it looks the way it looks. brb lemme quote myself [quote name="TehuMertt" date="2019-08-20 08:12:30" ] [*]The Scarred Wasteland is, as the name suggests, a red, iron-rich wasteland plateau, very similar to the [i]Atacama Desert[/i], but with some swampy mini-biomes. No, it is not made out of flesh, no it is not pestilent and bloody because something like that wouldn’t just be such a health hazard that practically every possible disease would spread (see War of The Worlds and their way of terraforming) but organic material disintegrates very fast and turns into fertile soil. HOWEVER, what is possible are thick and bulbous plants and trees that spread throughout the soil, trying to get to some water and preserving the fluids inside their thick roots. What is possible is having dry bone-like organic structures (plants that live in symbiosis), small oases and swampy areas. Some areas are in higher altitudes, the areas closer to the Sea of a Thousand Currents are lower. Since the area is surrounded by mountain ranges or elevated areas (mountains of Starfall Isles, hills of The Windswept Plateau and desert hills of Dragonhome), it is isolated from the seas except on its eastern side where (I can only guess) the wetter areas would be. A hot or cold arid climate, primarily continental, oceanic at the border with Water territory.[/quote] So yeah, the ground isn't flesh, it's mainly sand, rock and very dry soil. [/quote] Yeah I follow this cause I have the exact imagery of the minecraft red banded desert formations and stuff, but mixed with the living plants and such, But the idea OP had and continues following with is utterly cursed and I'm half tempted to follow the 'dig deep and hear a heartbeat' for lore and purge my lair cause dang is n't that terrifying
TehuMertt wrote on 2019-09-20 19:36:47:
@/penguala They are not flesh, don't worry. I actually have an explanation as to why it looks the way it looks. brb lemme quote myself
TehuMertt wrote on 2019-08-20 08:12:30:
[*]The Scarred Wasteland is, as the name suggests, a red, iron-rich wasteland plateau, very similar to the Atacama Desert, but with some swampy mini-biomes. No, it is not made out of flesh, no it is not pestilent and bloody because something like that wouldn’t just be such a health hazard that practically every possible disease would spread (see War of The Worlds and their way of terraforming) but organic material disintegrates very fast and turns into fertile soil. HOWEVER, what is possible are thick and bulbous plants and trees that spread throughout the soil, trying to get to some water and preserving the fluids inside their thick roots. What is possible is having dry bone-like organic structures (plants that live in symbiosis), small oases and swampy areas. Some areas are in higher altitudes, the areas closer to the Sea of a Thousand Currents are lower. Since the area is surrounded by mountain ranges or elevated areas (mountains of Starfall Isles, hills of The Windswept Plateau and desert hills of Dragonhome), it is isolated from the seas except on its eastern side where (I can only guess) the wetter areas would be.
A hot or cold arid climate, primarily continental, oceanic at the border with Water territory.

So yeah, the ground isn't flesh, it's mainly sand, rock and very dry soil.

Yeah I follow this cause I have the exact imagery of the minecraft red banded desert formations and stuff, but mixed with the living plants and such,

But the idea OP had and continues following with is utterly cursed and I'm half tempted to follow the 'dig deep and hear a heartbeat' for lore and purge my lair cause dang is n't that terrifying
Jar of Vapors I collect Bottled Embers and Jar Of Vapors!
WishList
Bottled Embers
Before this thread, I thought that plague flight was a cool place and that it might be nice to visit someday.... now I lament that my flight borders plague. If I could, I would rearrange the world to put plague on the other side of light so that light flight and it's emperor can stand between plague and everyone else because this thread makes mulit-headed zombie dragons seem not so bad now.
Before this thread, I thought that plague flight was a cool place and that it might be nice to visit someday.... now I lament that my flight borders plague. If I could, I would rearrange the world to put plague on the other side of light so that light flight and it's emperor can stand between plague and everyone else because this thread makes mulit-headed zombie dragons seem not so bad now.
qDavPTk.png
[quote name="Maelstrym" date="2019-09-18 20:36:48" ] [quote name="cabinetman" date="2019-09-18 20:33:04" ] mm yes dragon dandruff [/quote] Wouldn't it be [i]landruff[/i] since it came from land-flesh? [/quote] Another thing I refuse to admit exists, and that I have witnessed.
Maelstrym wrote on 2019-09-18 20:36:48:
cabinetman wrote on 2019-09-18 20:33:04:
mm yes dragon dandruff

Wouldn't it be landruff since it came from land-flesh?

Another thing I refuse to admit exists, and that I have witnessed.
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | They/them | 3+ FR Time | Student
Only dragons from tabs marked with
"forum game friendly", should be picked for forum games!
Seeking...
Skin: wandering independence
Please PM!
[img]https://cdna2.zoeysite.com/Adzpo594RQGDpLcjBynL1z/cache=expiry:31536000//auto_image/compress/https://s3.amazonaws.com/zcom-media/sites/a0iE000000B0UU8IAN/media/catalog/product/f/i/file_1.jpg[/img] [i][b]Nick Fury flakes.[/b][/i] [spoiler]Just a stupid inside joke from my family :'D[/spoiler]
file_1.jpg

Nick Fury flakes.

Just a stupid inside joke from my family :'D
vckV4Hu.pngnbYcIeA.png
Also I wonder if Zerg run faster in the scarred wastelands
Also I wonder if Zerg run faster in the scarred wastelands
[img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/87/4f/39/874f395459e3180a5b511053e8689d38.jpg[/img]
874f395459e3180a5b511053e8689d38.jpg
tumblr_na5dh68Ezc1tfzajgo2_500.gif
[quote name="JambaMage" date="2019-09-18 20:16:53" ] [img]https://i.imgur.com/Cxoq788.png[/img] [/quote]
JambaMage wrote on 2019-09-18 20:16:53:
Cxoq788.png
Hey yall I'm back!
1 2 3 4 5 6