Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Finally found Dappled Dunhoof!
So I've been playing this game since 2013, took a break for a year or so but am now back, and I've ALWAYS been searching for the Dappled Dunhoof. I had looked up where to gather to get rare familiars, and have gotten many Hippojays, but never any Dunhoof (to the point where I wondered if maybe they got retired or something, because come on, I've been doing this for six years and somehow never found one???)

And just as I was absentmindedly hunting in Plague and thinking that maybe it was time that I tried somewhere else because I would probably never find it, I FINALLY FOUND IT! I didn't get a screenshot because I clicked through so quickly, but I went and checked my hoard and it's there!

I'm just super excited because I've seriously been trying for this for six whole years, and I'm so so happy to have finally found it.

Did anyone else have this much trouble with this familiar??
So I've been playing this game since 2013, took a break for a year or so but am now back, and I've ALWAYS been searching for the Dappled Dunhoof. I had looked up where to gather to get rare familiars, and have gotten many Hippojays, but never any Dunhoof (to the point where I wondered if maybe they got retired or something, because come on, I've been doing this for six years and somehow never found one???)

And just as I was absentmindedly hunting in Plague and thinking that maybe it was time that I tried somewhere else because I would probably never find it, I FINALLY FOUND IT! I didn't get a screenshot because I clicked through so quickly, but I went and checked my hoard and it's there!

I'm just super excited because I've seriously been trying for this for six whole years, and I'm so so happy to have finally found it.

Did anyone else have this much trouble with this familiar??
Yeah I bought mine off the AH after only like a month of actively looking for it haha. Knowing how long it takes some people...worth the money at that point
Yeah I bought mine off the AH after only like a month of actively looking for it haha. Knowing how long it takes some people...worth the money at that point
myosotis Sela, she/her, FR+3
Jewelry Box Fae Subspecies
Official Lightning Subspecies
Ultimate Dragon Color Guide
Lore
_______________________Jewelry Box Fae subspecies
Congrats, my dude! Finally earning something you've been grinding for is the best type of dopamine.

Does it make me a bad person to say that I actually got one without even trying to look for her?
Congrats, my dude! Finally earning something you've been grinding for is the best type of dopamine.

Does it make me a bad person to say that I actually got one without even trying to look for her?
giP0sFG.png
I think I got the opposite luck that you did - it took me FOREVER to finally forage up a Hippojay, but I got a Dunhoof within a week or so of trying for one.

Congrats!
I think I got the opposite luck that you did - it took me FOREVER to finally forage up a Hippojay, but I got a Dunhoof within a week or so of trying for one.

Congrats!
congrats, that's really quite the achievement!

i've been half-heartedly searching for a hippojay for a while now. dragon bias in my lair means i burn through seafood at an alarming rate, so i can just fish in home territory and hope for the best, but it still kinda sucks compared to the darktouched chimera i got at about lv 12 scavenging and the manticore from lv ~ 31 digging, but... one can only hope, i guess.
congrats, that's really quite the achievement!

i've been half-heartedly searching for a hippojay for a while now. dragon bias in my lair means i burn through seafood at an alarming rate, so i can just fish in home territory and hope for the best, but it still kinda sucks compared to the darktouched chimera i got at about lv 12 scavenging and the manticore from lv ~ 31 digging, but... one can only hope, i guess.
Just realized Hippojays are the ones that I'm currently grinding for. Ah, what a world. Get one rare boi without even trying, then struggle for the one you really want.
Just realized Hippojays are the ones that I'm currently grinding for. Ah, what a world. Get one rare boi without even trying, then struggle for the one you really want.
giP0sFG.png
I got a Dunhoof right in the beginning when I joined, I was really lucky! Didn't even realize it was rare

The Hippojay however... I NEVER found one
In the end, a very kind user saw it on my wishlist and sent it to me!
I got a Dunhoof right in the beginning when I joined, I was really lucky! Didn't even realize it was rare

The Hippojay however... I NEVER found one
In the end, a very kind user saw it on my wishlist and sent it to me!
qR6otwA.png
[quote name="Shougoney" date="2019-09-16 15:05:55" ] I got a Dunhoof right in the beginning when I joined, I was really lucky! Didn't even realize it was rare [/quote] Same. I think it was maybe my first familiar, followed by a Janustrap.
Shougoney wrote on 2019-09-16 15:05:55:

Same. I think it was maybe my first familiar, followed by a Janustrap.
mkpoaHZ.png
Thanks for the congrats guys! If I get any more Hippojays, I'll refer back to this post to see who still needs one. :)
Thanks for the congrats guys! If I get any more Hippojays, I'll refer back to this post to see who still needs one. :)