Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What species would YOU hit the mat for?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Gaolers.

I wasn't sure of the breed when they were first released. I liked them, but at the time I was sure I'd be an imperial mono-lair. But then I started messing around with gaolers in the Scrying Workshop. I started reading their lore. I fell in love with the idea of ancient dragons reemerging into modern Sornieth. I fell in love with some of the genes—my favorite combination being phantom/spirit/wintercoat. I started seeing some vaguely catlike traits in gaolers, namely what I saw as a more leonine face and the mane, and I fell head over heels for what became the premise for Court Umbra, my lair.

I love the thick fur coat. I love the fact that their feet look scaly. I love the claws and leonine faces. I love the vaguely-feline ears. The only thing I would change would be give them larger wings—larger wings with the rest of the gaoler body shape, fur pattern, and face would be my absolute dream dragon. (Think tundra-style wings on the gaoler body/face/shape.) But I fell in love with everything about gaolers and quickly decided that they would be the primary breed in my lair.

I am now a gaoler mono-lair. I'm trying to breed a good male to use for my Bryn (one of my clan leaders) and then I'm going to start buying dragons for the rest of the Court. I would gladly go to bat for gaolers every time. I love their lore. I love the look of them. I love the claws and the fluff and the faces. I love everything about them.

So yes. I have a slight problem. And I don't even mind. Court Umbra is going to be all shadow gaolers. I have grand plans for my lore. I'm waiting for the map update before I start writing. But I have so much writing to look forward to, and my love of the breed has completely revitalized my love of this game.
Gaolers.

I wasn't sure of the breed when they were first released. I liked them, but at the time I was sure I'd be an imperial mono-lair. But then I started messing around with gaolers in the Scrying Workshop. I started reading their lore. I fell in love with the idea of ancient dragons reemerging into modern Sornieth. I fell in love with some of the genes—my favorite combination being phantom/spirit/wintercoat. I started seeing some vaguely catlike traits in gaolers, namely what I saw as a more leonine face and the mane, and I fell head over heels for what became the premise for Court Umbra, my lair.

I love the thick fur coat. I love the fact that their feet look scaly. I love the claws and leonine faces. I love the vaguely-feline ears. The only thing I would change would be give them larger wings—larger wings with the rest of the gaoler body shape, fur pattern, and face would be my absolute dream dragon. (Think tundra-style wings on the gaoler body/face/shape.) But I fell in love with everything about gaolers and quickly decided that they would be the primary breed in my lair.

I am now a gaoler mono-lair. I'm trying to breed a good male to use for my Bryn (one of my clan leaders) and then I'm going to start buying dragons for the rest of the Court. I would gladly go to bat for gaolers every time. I love their lore. I love the look of them. I love the claws and the fluff and the faces. I love everything about them.

So yes. I have a slight problem. And I don't even mind. Court Umbra is going to be all shadow gaolers. I have grand plans for my lore. I'm waiting for the map update before I start writing. But I have so much writing to look forward to, and my love of the breed has completely revitalized my love of this game.
cCYLT6h.png z8s5c34.png
5iXiC8z.png
4BheGMt.png
AaYNmEX.png
Al1BEGR.png
BPzUHdW.png
UuKod4C.png
JvUa9ma.png
5iXIYjY.png
Wildclaws, apparently spirals, and mirrors.

With wildclaws I have a small amount but they are loved, same with mirrors. (See Tiger, Code, Protocol)

I have a lot of spirals, however, and I really like them all, especially Typhoon even though he doesn't have all that much apparel. All of my spirals are either fodder or well-liked.

Edit: The spirals thing came at kind of a surprise to me, but when I did a headcount (eyeballed it, not sure of actual numbers) of my dragons there were a lot more spirals than I thought.
Wildclaws, apparently spirals, and mirrors.

With wildclaws I have a small amount but they are loved, same with mirrors. (See Tiger, Code, Protocol)

I have a lot of spirals, however, and I really like them all, especially Typhoon even though he doesn't have all that much apparel. All of my spirals are either fodder or well-liked.

Edit: The spirals thing came at kind of a surprise to me, but when I did a headcount (eyeballed it, not sure of actual numbers) of my dragons there were a lot more spirals than I thought.
Imps wildclaws and skydancers
Imps wildclaws and skydancers
06xk8gV.png
XrUXyrn.gifse5O2Tt.gifpxx5HPD.gif
Believe me, darling
The stars were made for falling
Snappers!
Snappers!
PJb908Z.png
Faes! Love those funky butterfly dragons.
Faes! Love those funky butterfly dragons.
fMy4Ig7.png
<3 Fae <3
<3 Fae <3
Are you ready for a scary story...?ZNP42DI.png o94-d1-Color-Blind-Brat.pngo94-d2-Color-Blind-Brat.pngo94-d3-Color-Blind-Brat.pngo94-d4-Color-Blind-Brat.pngo94-d5-Color-Blind-Brat.png
God between spirals, sds, and gaolers I can't choose!
God between spirals, sds, and gaolers I can't choose!
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
GUARDIANS
GUARDIANS
ridgebacks
i just don't have that many of them because i like accents and well.. there are barely any for those ;-;
ridgebacks
i just don't have that many of them because i like accents and well.. there are barely any for those ;-;
Rusted Crown
imperials. I just love shape of their wings, and I am weak on anything slim looking. I also love their wiskers aaaaa. and kiddos? imp kiddos are the best to me
and they are rare ones where I love poses of both male and female, so extra points!

gaolers seem to be number 2, even tho I don't own them that much. I am not fan of them as dragons, bbut rather how fierce they look with gnarlhorns. skydancers are close, would be higher but I am just not fan of pose of male skydancers heh....
imperials. I just love shape of their wings, and I am weak on anything slim looking. I also love their wiskers aaaaa. and kiddos? imp kiddos are the best to me
and they are rare ones where I love poses of both male and female, so extra points!

gaolers seem to be number 2, even tho I don't own them that much. I am not fan of them as dragons, bbut rather how fierce they look with gnarlhorns. skydancers are close, would be higher but I am just not fan of pose of male skydancers heh....
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10