Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | People who purge their lairs...
1 2 3 4 5
I randomly get rid of dragons that I have which I no longer care for as much anymore.
I have some dragons right now im thinking of selling or exalting but haven't decided yet.

Everyone is different.
I randomly get rid of dragons that I have which I no longer care for as much anymore.
I have some dragons right now im thinking of selling or exalting but haven't decided yet.

Everyone is different.
natureshieldl.pngbNS8NB5.pngoQ0muoq.pnghuCYmYA.pngwE7J1TW.png
I finally purged my layer for space for the upcoming nature vs arcane form battle...

I feel horrible.

RIP like 10 dragons
I finally purged my layer for space for the upcoming nature vs arcane form battle...

I feel horrible.

RIP like 10 dragons
6975-DF1-F-0-CE4-484-C-9-DAC-849203436797.png
i've purged my lair a couple times now as of recent. i just hit exalt and be done with it. what's done is done and no turning back, makes it final, permanent, and easy that way. i only have one perma now, my baby Ether. i'm not sure how i'll ever be attached to any dragon again...i've tried so many times trying to have a lair setup that i could keep but, i always take out my stress on wiping them all out in the end. it's a weird cycle for me, keeps me in this dragon hell. not sure if it's good or bad.
i've purged my lair a couple times now as of recent. i just hit exalt and be done with it. what's done is done and no turning back, makes it final, permanent, and easy that way. i only have one perma now, my baby Ether. i'm not sure how i'll ever be attached to any dragon again...i've tried so many times trying to have a lair setup that i could keep but, i always take out my stress on wiping them all out in the end. it's a weird cycle for me, keeps me in this dragon hell. not sure if it's good or bad.
yzUX307.png
Thinking about that, I've never, ever, really purged my lair. Like, leaving it in blank? Nope. But I have really few permas, almost anything in my lair is exalt fodder I've kept around because "pretty", or breeding projects, all of it can be purged in case of Dom, which is a very big part of my play-style and clan's lore.. So that might count as purging?

I know I have a hard time deciding how many of those beloved fodders must be gone during each battle, is a ton of lore and dedication I've put into my fodders (because in my clan the exalts are loved and praised the same as the permas) which I must be prepared to let go (is a ton of bio-relocation and apparel-removal), yet I do it because it IS part of their lore, it is the reason I've kept them and the purpose I've given to them, they would never feel completed nor their existence be fulfilled if I didn't exalt them in the literal meaning of Exalting.

So the only times I've "purged my lair", that is: exalted everything except my 7~8 permas, were because of an announced battle, like PvE or PvA. I could've yeeted my whole lair just a few weeks ago too, if I knew fire was actually conquesting against us, sadly I hadn't a chance to actually put a fight for it and thus my dergs must remain here till another moment worthy of such honor x'D
Thinking about that, I've never, ever, really purged my lair. Like, leaving it in blank? Nope. But I have really few permas, almost anything in my lair is exalt fodder I've kept around because "pretty", or breeding projects, all of it can be purged in case of Dom, which is a very big part of my play-style and clan's lore.. So that might count as purging?

I know I have a hard time deciding how many of those beloved fodders must be gone during each battle, is a ton of lore and dedication I've put into my fodders (because in my clan the exalts are loved and praised the same as the permas) which I must be prepared to let go (is a ton of bio-relocation and apparel-removal), yet I do it because it IS part of their lore, it is the reason I've kept them and the purpose I've given to them, they would never feel completed nor their existence be fulfilled if I didn't exalt them in the literal meaning of Exalting.

So the only times I've "purged my lair", that is: exalted everything except my 7~8 permas, were because of an announced battle, like PvE or PvA. I could've yeeted my whole lair just a few weeks ago too, if I knew fire was actually conquesting against us, sadly I hadn't a chance to actually put a fight for it and thus my dergs must remain here till another moment worthy of such honor x'D
lU1KFhR.gif
Kydo
He/Him
FR+4
256-large.png
Do what comes natural~

cauldrontext.png

I have very few perma dragons, but they're kinda old so I don't feel like I should toss them into the abyss. My solution has been to change genes or scatterscroll when I need a new face c:
I have very few perma dragons, but they're kinda old so I don't feel like I should toss them into the abyss. My solution has been to change genes or scatterscroll when I need a new face c:
6mWOUG0.png
The only time I ever did a full lair purge and exalted every single dragon, gem genes and all, was because I wasn't happy with my lore. It was a mess and I needed a shake-up. I don't see myself doing it again though, I've spent much more on my current clan and don't foresee the need to do anything so drastic again now that there's plenty of Den space to put everyone in.
The only time I ever did a full lair purge and exalted every single dragon, gem genes and all, was because I wasn't happy with my lore. It was a mess and I needed a shake-up. I don't see myself doing it again though, I've spent much more on my current clan and don't foresee the need to do anything so drastic again now that there's plenty of Den space to put everyone in.
60Avnmu.png
QgilwX7.png Looking for colors or near miss:
—Mantis/Peacock/Peridot
—Ginger/Auburn/Sanguine
—Cerulean/Teal/Ice
—Periwinkle/Plum/Fuschia
i did purges back when i have 1 page+ of permas! then i reduced it to 2 and now it's at 11. but honestly? the only real permas i have would be inana and melon! maybe jubilee as well, but the rest i keep 'em bc they're pretty and they're mostly level 25's, which i need in coli! the other dragons in my lair are either a. to be sold or b. fodder or c. hatchery pairs/hatchlings. and i purge also because i need tons of space for my hatchery!

i usually sell the dragons i'm purging - if they don't sell after a long time, i level them to 6 or 7 and exalt them. or if they're super pretty/have art, i give them away!
i did purges back when i have 1 page+ of permas! then i reduced it to 2 and now it's at 11. but honestly? the only real permas i have would be inana and melon! maybe jubilee as well, but the rest i keep 'em bc they're pretty and they're mostly level 25's, which i need in coli! the other dragons in my lair are either a. to be sold or b. fodder or c. hatchery pairs/hatchlings. and i purge also because i need tons of space for my hatchery!

i usually sell the dragons i'm purging - if they don't sell after a long time, i level them to 6 or 7 and exalt them. or if they're super pretty/have art, i give them away!
pleasant_comm.png
I don't really purge, but I do exalt dragons if I no longer love them and then promptly find a replacement, usually of the same breed, to yeet the name and lair of the old dragon onto. It's like the old one was always the new one, lol. There are some dragons that have had many different incarnations though. Pretty sure I'm on my third Caliban and third Adrian... Desdemona might be getting yeeted out too.
I don't really purge, but I do exalt dragons if I no longer love them and then promptly find a replacement, usually of the same breed, to yeet the name and lair of the old dragon onto. It's like the old one was always the new one, lol. There are some dragons that have had many different incarnations though. Pretty sure I'm on my third Caliban and third Adrian... Desdemona might be getting yeeted out too.
1WhYQHt.png
I can’t purge my lair.. hibernal is enabling my dragon hoarding
I can’t purge my lair.. hibernal is enabling my dragon hoarding
tumblr_ou6l6ehqpW1v9fmlwo7_r1_400.png tumblr_odifu3YDM01v9fmlwo6_r2_250.png
I never really mean to purge, but I am a fickle creature that ends up with a bunch of abandoned breeding projects and dragons that I meant to gene but lost interest in before I had the money, so eventually some exalting just has to be done for space, and usually while getting rid of the dead projects and impulse buys I realize that some of my permas aren't actually that pretty and don't have lore, so then off they go too..

and now my progens are the only dergs left from the year I joined oops
I never really mean to purge, but I am a fickle creature that ends up with a bunch of abandoned breeding projects and dragons that I meant to gene but lost interest in before I had the money, so eventually some exalting just has to be done for space, and usually while getting rid of the dead projects and impulse buys I realize that some of my permas aren't actually that pretty and don't have lore, so then off they go too..

and now my progens are the only dergs left from the year I joined oops
1 2 3 4 5