Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | *headcannon noises*
1 2 3 4 5
@Kataracts Great idea. Pearlcatcher tattooing booths are all the rage in some part of the Sunbeam Ruins and all the other species find it unnerving.
And a baby pearlie scrawling a big smiley face onto its pearl happily just popped into my head. Adorable image.
@Kataracts Great idea. Pearlcatcher tattooing booths are all the rage in some part of the Sunbeam Ruins and all the other species find it unnerving.
And a baby pearlie scrawling a big smiley face onto its pearl happily just popped into my head. Adorable image.
this thread brings me joy
this thread brings me joy
im steph | he/they/ram
@Rivershard dragon essential oils but it's just pearly goop lol :D @Zlhzlh [b]Kiddo pearly:[/b] Mom can I write something on your pearl? [b]Parent pearly:[/b] Yeah, sure thing kiddo, just don't use the dragon sharpies [b]Kiddo pearly:[/b] *draws heart on pearl with "I luv u" under it* [b]Parent pearly:[/b] Aw sweetie you're so precious :) @dallonweekes [center][img]https://magnettribune.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/kondo-475x469.jpg[/img][/center]
@Rivershard dragon essential oils but it's just pearly goop lol :D

@Zlhzlh
Kiddo pearly: Mom can I write something on your pearl?

Parent pearly: Yeah, sure thing kiddo, just don't use the dragon sharpies

Kiddo pearly: *draws heart on pearl with "I luv u" under it*

Parent pearly: Aw sweetie you're so precious :)

@dallonweekes
kondo-475x469.jpg
77ec1a36661e11a40962b415b0b10b4babdc0c65.png
Why do I love this so much

just gonna casually sub...
Why do I love this so much

just gonna casually sub...
MZeTqmO.png

he/him
@Fagin because it stimulates the endorphins and makes the feel good chemicals :)
@Fagin because it stimulates the endorphins and makes the feel good chemicals :)
@Kataracts Oh no I love it. Might doodle something later now.

Anyway, what's your thoughts on the fun defeated Pearlcatcher sprite in the Coli with the broken pearl? I've got a lv 25 mage and that's an interesting point to work from, lorewise.
@Kataracts Oh no I love it. Might doodle something later now.

Anyway, what's your thoughts on the fun defeated Pearlcatcher sprite in the Coli with the broken pearl? I've got a lv 25 mage and that's an interesting point to work from, lorewise.
@Zlhzlh I honestly don't know, maybe a magic wound that never really goes away and continues to affect the dragon until a magic user fixes it? Or maybe some sort of soul-draining dark-magic shade type thing that continues to crack the pearl and slowly kill the dragon unless some sage mage cures them with ancient magic? Or it can symbolize a fatal wound and if the dragon is healed it goes away?
@Zlhzlh I honestly don't know, maybe a magic wound that never really goes away and continues to affect the dragon until a magic user fixes it? Or maybe some sort of soul-draining dark-magic shade type thing that continues to crack the pearl and slowly kill the dragon unless some sage mage cures them with ancient magic? Or it can symbolize a fatal wound and if the dragon is healed it goes away?
@Kataracts Ooh, I like those! Alternatively if we were to look at things on a scientific level and take the pearl similar to the brain, with different areas corresponding to different functions, perhaps a damaged pearl could cause some change to the dragon itself, say blindness or impared eyesight, a change in personality or emotions, or memory loss for example. Who knows?
@Kataracts Ooh, I like those! Alternatively if we were to look at things on a scientific level and take the pearl similar to the brain, with different areas corresponding to different functions, perhaps a damaged pearl could cause some change to the dragon itself, say blindness or impared eyesight, a change in personality or emotions, or memory loss for example. Who knows?
@Zlhzlh or if certain areas of the brain are damaged, weirdly-coloured spots, growths or cracks appear on the pearl that correspond to those areas, like cracks are cuts and damage, and weird spots are like chemical imbalances and invasive fluids and growths are, well, growths and deformations, or a pearl's colour change can indicate some brain danger/if it starts turning grey, or the colour fades then the pearly is dying? Ah, so much lore potential!!
@Zlhzlh or if certain areas of the brain are damaged, weirdly-coloured spots, growths or cracks appear on the pearl that correspond to those areas, like cracks are cuts and damage, and weird spots are like chemical imbalances and invasive fluids and growths are, well, growths and deformations, or a pearl's colour change can indicate some brain danger/if it starts turning grey, or the colour fades then the pearly is dying? Ah, so much lore potential!!
@Kataracts These are just too good, I'm really tempted to start scrying up some Pearlcatchers and hatching lore. I'm out of ideas myself now, but my list of lore ideas is certainly getting an update, heh. Those pearls just hold way too much potential!
@Kataracts These are just too good, I'm really tempted to start scrying up some Pearlcatchers and hatching lore. I'm out of ideas myself now, but my list of lore ideas is certainly getting an update, heh. Those pearls just hold way too much potential!
1 2 3 4 5