Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | *headcannon noises*
1 2 3 4 5
Since pearlcatcher's pearls are like physical representations of their soul, the more guilt or bad stuff the pearly did, the heavier the pearl.

Kiddo pearlcatchers tend to have the lightest pearls (unless they bully other dragons, and then the parents notice), and if a kiddo is suspected of lying or doing something bad, the parents pull out a scale or something and weigh it to see if they lied or to prove they did something bad.

Sometimes, pearlies will test how good another pearly is by trying to hold their pearl, if they get the chance to, and sometimes freak out if they notice it's heavy. The problem with that is that if a pearly did bad things in the past, but later in life they end up changing for the better, the weight is still technically still there.

If pearlies do bad things to themselves, like hate themselves and other stuff like that, that still adds weight to the pearl too, since it's bad stuff, and some dragons misinterpret that weight as bad things they did to others, not themselves.

Pearlies hate it when other dragons lift their pearls though since it's touching their physical soul and an intrusion of their privacy to see how bad they are based on the weight.

One day, your friend, who happens to be a pearly, puts down their pearl to go grab something and when they call you over to them, you try to pick up their pearl to bring it to them, but before they see what you're doing and stop you, you realize that you can't lift the pearl at all, and you notice how it's sunken into the soft dirt ground a good bit, and the friend has this look of horror on their face having realized what you just discovered.

Or when there's a huge court case going on and the suspected pearly who is believed to be serial killer responsible for many deaths in the community, who's been saying they weren't the one who did it and that they were set up, despite there being tons of evidence of them being the killer, only to have a formal pearl weight check to see if they were guilty, and the pearl being so light that the dragon who picked it up almost threw it in the air, expecting it to be way heavier or needed to use tons of force to lift it after all the death.

That's my lore inspiration for the day, feel free to add some other stuff if ya like :P
Since pearlcatcher's pearls are like physical representations of their soul, the more guilt or bad stuff the pearly did, the heavier the pearl.

Kiddo pearlcatchers tend to have the lightest pearls (unless they bully other dragons, and then the parents notice), and if a kiddo is suspected of lying or doing something bad, the parents pull out a scale or something and weigh it to see if they lied or to prove they did something bad.

Sometimes, pearlies will test how good another pearly is by trying to hold their pearl, if they get the chance to, and sometimes freak out if they notice it's heavy. The problem with that is that if a pearly did bad things in the past, but later in life they end up changing for the better, the weight is still technically still there.

If pearlies do bad things to themselves, like hate themselves and other stuff like that, that still adds weight to the pearl too, since it's bad stuff, and some dragons misinterpret that weight as bad things they did to others, not themselves.

Pearlies hate it when other dragons lift their pearls though since it's touching their physical soul and an intrusion of their privacy to see how bad they are based on the weight.

One day, your friend, who happens to be a pearly, puts down their pearl to go grab something and when they call you over to them, you try to pick up their pearl to bring it to them, but before they see what you're doing and stop you, you realize that you can't lift the pearl at all, and you notice how it's sunken into the soft dirt ground a good bit, and the friend has this look of horror on their face having realized what you just discovered.

Or when there's a huge court case going on and the suspected pearly who is believed to be serial killer responsible for many deaths in the community, who's been saying they weren't the one who did it and that they were set up, despite there being tons of evidence of them being the killer, only to have a formal pearl weight check to see if they were guilty, and the pearl being so light that the dragon who picked it up almost threw it in the air, expecting it to be way heavier or needed to use tons of force to lift it after all the death.

That's my lore inspiration for the day, feel free to add some other stuff if ya like :P
77ec1a36661e11a40962b415b0b10b4babdc0c65.png
I love pearl catcher headcanons
I like to think that the color of the pearl can also have meaning
A bunch of accents color the pearl and glimmer changes the color of the pearl as well
So maybe the color of the pearl could be a reflection of their soul’s core personality? Or I also have a theory that when a pearlcatcher is shade-touched or exposed to extremely strong magic their pearl begins to reflect that.
I love pearl catcher headcanons
I like to think that the color of the pearl can also have meaning
A bunch of accents color the pearl and glimmer changes the color of the pearl as well
So maybe the color of the pearl could be a reflection of their soul’s core personality? Or I also have a theory that when a pearlcatcher is shade-touched or exposed to extremely strong magic their pearl begins to reflect that.
Yi8U9eL.pngX4Rja7n.pngYi8U9eL.png
8RAJoZx.gif +3 hours FR time
@Yagine Now you got me thinking about pearlcatchers painting their pearls to hide their core personality, and when the edgy pearlcatcher with the all black pearl leaves to go to the dragon bathroom, the other dragons try to scratch off the paint, but it's not paint, it's actually all black and then the light bulbs break and everyone screams
@Yagine Now you got me thinking about pearlcatchers painting their pearls to hide their core personality, and when the edgy pearlcatcher with the all black pearl leaves to go to the dragon bathroom, the other dragons try to scratch off the paint, but it's not paint, it's actually all black and then the light bulbs break and everyone screams
@Aquateal

Dragon: *hovering hand over pearl* I'm not touching it!

Pearlcatcher: YES YOU ARE!!!

Dragon: *hovering hand closer to pearl* I'm not touching it!!

Pearlcatcher: YES YOU AREEEEEE!!!

Dragon: *hovering hand even closer* I'm not touching it!!!

Pearlcatcher: YES YOU AREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE STAP ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!
@Aquateal

Dragon: *hovering hand over pearl* I'm not touching it!

Pearlcatcher: YES YOU ARE!!!

Dragon: *hovering hand closer to pearl* I'm not touching it!!

Pearlcatcher: YES YOU AREEEEEE!!!

Dragon: *hovering hand even closer* I'm not touching it!!!

Pearlcatcher: YES YOU AREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE STAP ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!
HC accepted-
HC accepted-
7qCl3Ny.png
@AquaParrot *happy noises*
@AquaParrot *happy noises*
Stop, please, I've got enough lore to write on my hands and throwing ideas at me isn't gonna help

But what about accents? Fun pearlcatcher tattoos? Hiding something like a crack or a miscolouration (defeated pearl sprite in coli)? Or trying to imprint a certain trait onto their soul? Help me out here.
Stop, please, I've got enough lore to write on my hands and throwing ideas at me isn't gonna help

But what about accents? Fun pearlcatcher tattoos? Hiding something like a crack or a miscolouration (defeated pearl sprite in coli)? Or trying to imprint a certain trait onto their soul? Help me out here.
I ABSOLUTELY ACCEPT IT
MY BODHI HAS A PEARL LIGHTER THAN HELIUM HE ALWAYS HAS TO HOLD IT BECAUSE IT'LL FLOAT AWAY
I ABSOLUTELY ACCEPT IT
MY BODHI HAS A PEARL LIGHTER THAN HELIUM HE ALWAYS HAS TO HOLD IT BECAUSE IT'LL FLOAT AWAY
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif || drearie
|| she/her
|| bi
|| worm king
|| anthem
@Zlhzlh Consider the following: pearlcatcher pearl dye/paint, and maybe some type of tattooing system but that's for the pearlies who want permanent stuff on them, and maybe parents let babies colour with washable markers on their pearls

@PopatoPips BODHI!! BODHI OH GOD!! BODHI YOUR PEARL, IT'S FLOATING AWAY AGAIN!! OH GOD CATCH IT CATCH IT- wait. Wait we can fly. We can catch it easily, guys we're idiots

Alternatively: is someone drowning? Bodhi will just throw his pearl at them and they'll float safely until someone can reach them
@Zlhzlh Consider the following: pearlcatcher pearl dye/paint, and maybe some type of tattooing system but that's for the pearlies who want permanent stuff on them, and maybe parents let babies colour with washable markers on their pearls

@PopatoPips BODHI!! BODHI OH GOD!! BODHI YOUR PEARL, IT'S FLOATING AWAY AGAIN!! OH GOD CATCH IT CATCH IT- wait. Wait we can fly. We can catch it easily, guys we're idiots

Alternatively: is someone drowning? Bodhi will just throw his pearl at them and they'll float safely until someone can reach them
Some less traditional pearlcatchers bottle their pearl goop and sell it, to be used to add a pearlescent coating to decorations.
Some less traditional pearlcatchers bottle their pearl goop and sell it, to be used to add a pearlescent coating to decorations.
1 2 3 4 5