Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | PSA : No Scattervials in Roundsey
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
[quote name="Ningyo" date="2019-05-20 12:41:48" ] @/Caireann - I’m not sure. :( They locked the 112-page thread for Natural eye vials, which was suggesting vials be added for each eye type alongside random breeding. [/quote] That's just [i]tyrannical[/i]. What are they going to do next? Ban people for continuing to protest by supplying legitimate compromises that deserve looking at?
Ningyo wrote on 2019-05-20 12:41:48:
@/Caireann - I’m not sure. :( They locked the 112-page thread for Natural eye vials, which was suggesting vials be added for each eye type alongside random breeding.

That's just tyrannical. What are they going to do next? Ban people for continuing to protest by supplying legitimate compromises that deserve looking at?
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
[quote name="Nekomata" date="2019-05-20 12:56:22" ] It's funny: They could make a small fortune out of eye vials by making them gem items. Better yet- make a site feature where you can pay 50g (or some other amount) to randomize your dragons eyes. Or make it a treasure sink. People would drop massive amounts of treasure/gems for a chance to perfect their dream dragon. Point is, they can introduce so many ways to make money off of the eye types. [/quote] I'd be cool with it being a treasure sink - and/or something that forces a page refresh so they get their ad revenue. But they just cut out all these options to make themselves money or to make the economy healthier entirely. And for what? Special eyes aren't special anymore on bred dragons. All the eye types are fodder priced already. I haven't personally bought gems in a long while - maybe nearly a year for me too. But that being said. staff.... please [img]https://i.imgur.com/eFfmdb3.jpg[/img]
Nekomata wrote on 2019-05-20 12:56:22:
It's funny: They could make a small fortune out of eye vials by making them gem items. Better yet- make a site feature where you can pay 50g (or some other amount) to randomize your dragons eyes. Or make it a treasure sink. People would drop massive amounts of treasure/gems for a chance to perfect their dream dragon. Point is, they can introduce so many ways to make money off of the eye types.

I'd be cool with it being a treasure sink - and/or something that forces a page refresh so they get their ad revenue.

But they just cut out all these options to make themselves money or to make the economy healthier entirely. And for what?

Special eyes aren't special anymore on bred dragons. All the eye types are fodder priced already.

I haven't personally bought gems in a long while - maybe nearly a year for me too.

But that being said.
staff.... please

eFfmdb3.jpg

[quote name="Varric" date="2019-05-20 13:02:57" ] [quote name="Nekomata" date="2019-05-20 12:56:22" ] It's funny: They could make a small fortune out of eye vials by making them gem items. Better yet- make a site feature where you can pay 50g (or some other amount) to randomize your dragons eyes. Or make it a treasure sink. People would drop massive amounts of treasure/gems for a chance to perfect their dream dragon. Point is, they can introduce so many ways to make money off of the eye types. I've stopped playing/buying gems for the most part because it's nearly impossible to perfect my progens so I no longer see the point. As such I haven't bought gems in well over a year. [/quote] Yeah, that's what I don't understand. Slap together a Wheel of Fortune game where you pay a flat fee to have a chance of getting your targeted dragon's eyes changed to any eye type. Most of the time, the effect could fail to take and then you would need to spin the wheel of rng again. It would make for a VERY effect treasure sink. [/quote] And to make it different enough from scattersights: It's got -every- eye type, including newer ones, so the chances of getting that one you want is significantly lower. But at least it'd be possible.
Varric wrote on 2019-05-20 13:02:57:
It's funny: They could make a small fortune out of eye vials by making them gem items. Better yet- make a site feature where you can pay 50g (or some other amount) to randomize your dragons eyes. Or make it a treasure sink. People would drop massive amounts of treasure/gems for a chance to perfect their dream dragon. Point is, they can introduce so many ways to make money off of the eye types.

I've stopped playing/buying gems for the most part because it's nearly impossible to perfect my progens so I no longer see the point. As such I haven't bought gems in well over a year.

Yeah, that's what I don't understand.

Slap together a Wheel of Fortune game where you pay a flat fee to have a chance of getting your targeted dragon's eyes changed to any eye type. Most of the time, the effect could fail to take and then you would need to spin the wheel of rng again.

It would make for a VERY effect treasure sink.

And to make it different enough from scattersights: It's got -every- eye type, including newer ones, so the chances of getting that one you want is significantly lower. But at least it'd be possible.
[quote name="mothbird" date="2019-05-20 12:49:53" ] Hm. I know this is Flight Rising Discussion, and the point is to discuss what we think about the game, including things we think should change. But it is also... a game that a lot of work is put into making and running, and that we all get to play, for free. [/quote] We might get to play the game for free but this does not mean that staff is not directly profiting off making it or by "selling" it to users. They still get ad revenue, gem sales, and profits from merch. I get that they're a small group and they don't want to expand too quickly (which is fair, I respect them for that and think it's better for the team as a whole) but this isn't a side hobby anymore. It's a company. I will acknowledge that personally I can be pretty acerbic toward certain decisions staff has made in the last year, but it hasn't come from nothing. I've been on this site for going on six years and I'll give the staff the respect they're due as individuals, but I've seen enough rug-sweeping regarding other on-site issues to know better than to take anything as gospel. The fact that many users are not allowed to talk openly about certain past site events in full due to staff finding them controversial is pretty telling. Anyway, since I actually hope to keep my account, that's all I'm going to say on this.
mothbird wrote on 2019-05-20 12:49:53:
Hm.

I know this is Flight Rising Discussion, and the point is to discuss what we think about the game, including things we think should change. But it is also... a game that a lot of work is put into making and running, and that we all get to play, for free.
We might get to play the game for free but this does not mean that staff is not directly profiting off making it or by "selling" it to users. They still get ad revenue, gem sales, and profits from merch. I get that they're a small group and they don't want to expand too quickly (which is fair, I respect them for that and think it's better for the team as a whole) but this isn't a side hobby anymore. It's a company.

I will acknowledge that personally I can be pretty acerbic toward certain decisions staff has made in the last year, but it hasn't come from nothing. I've been on this site for going on six years and I'll give the staff the respect they're due as individuals, but I've seen enough rug-sweeping regarding other on-site issues to know better than to take anything as gospel. The fact that many users are not allowed to talk openly about certain past site events in full due to staff finding them controversial is pretty telling.

Anyway, since I actually hope to keep my account, that's all I'm going to say on this.

“Denizens of the Volt-Lands”
She/They/He | FR Time +0
I'm glad the staff acknowledged the way they introduced and rolled out eye types were a mistake. However, I do hope a solution is made in the future. I would really really like to have more than a 1% (if even) chance to get primal on existing/hatched dragons.
I'm glad the staff acknowledged the way they introduced and rolled out eye types were a mistake. However, I do hope a solution is made in the future. I would really really like to have more than a 1% (if even) chance to get primal on existing/hatched dragons.
bIC5tjH.png

tumblr_psnzrayiuY1ypi5ljo2_500.png
"We made a mistake that we deeply regret."

*proceeds to make another batch of mistakes related to the first one*
"We made a mistake that we deeply regret."

*proceeds to make another batch of mistakes related to the first one*

[quote name="Nekomata" date="2019-05-20 13:04:16" ] [quote name="Varric" date="2019-05-20 13:02:57" ] [quote name="Nekomata" date="2019-05-20 12:56:22" ] It's funny: They could make a small fortune out of eye vials by making them gem items. Better yet- make a site feature where you can pay 50g (or some other amount) to randomize your dragons eyes. Or make it a treasure sink. People would drop massive amounts of treasure/gems for a chance to perfect their dream dragon. Point is, they can introduce so many ways to make money off of the eye types. I've stopped playing/buying gems for the most part because it's nearly impossible to perfect my progens so I no longer see the point. As such I haven't bought gems in well over a year. [/quote] Yeah, that's what I don't understand. Slap together a Wheel of Fortune game where you pay a flat fee to have a chance of getting your targeted dragon's eyes changed to any eye type. Most of the time, the effect could fail to take and then you would need to spin the wheel of rng again. It would make for a VERY effect treasure sink. [/quote] And to make it different enough from scattersights: It's got -every- eye type, including newer ones, so the chances of getting that one you want is significantly lower. But at least it'd be possible. [/quote] You could even take it a step forward and make it randomly affect any one part of the dragon's physiology except for element. Oh look, this dragon got breed changed into this other breed! Oh, man, this dragon's tertiary gene changed! Hey, look, this dragon's primary color seems to be different! Make it tier based. The cheapest option includes everything, while the more expensive options just target eye types, or breed, or body physiology (basically genes/colors in one, so you can't just single-color scatter). Call it... idk, Ezara's Exciting Experiments, and make the NPC dragon a very eccentric Lightning engineer, science-ing through some strange changes. Something.
Nekomata wrote on 2019-05-20 13:04:16:

I've stopped playing/buying gems for the most part because it's nearly impossible to perfect my progens so I no longer see the point. As such I haven't bought gems in well over a year.

Slap together a Wheel of Fortune game where you pay a flat fee to have a chance of getting your targeted dragon's eyes changed to any eye type. Most of the time, the effect could fail to take and then you would need to spin the wheel of rng again.

And to make it different enough from scattersights: It's got -every- eye type, including newer ones, so the chances of getting that one you want is significantly lower. But at least it'd be possible.

You could even take it a step forward and make it randomly affect any one part of the dragon's physiology except for element. Oh look, this dragon got breed changed into this other breed! Oh, man, this dragon's tertiary gene changed! Hey, look, this dragon's primary color seems to be different!

Make it tier based. The cheapest option includes everything, while the more expensive options just target eye types, or breed, or body physiology (basically genes/colors in one, so you can't just single-color scatter).

Call it... idk, Ezara's Exciting Experiments, and make the NPC dragon a very eccentric Lightning engineer, science-ing through some strange changes.

Something.
Why does air even come in different temperatures?
Honestly even if the scattersight would come back, it might be on the more expensive side of things despite all eye types being fodder at this point. Pretty much any eye type other than the new ones and Primal are fodder, and primal and the new eye types are only valuable if the dragon looks good with it. But people are willing to pay lots to get their gene projects done. 100 000 treasure on one scattersight sold instantly when it came out after all.
Honestly even if the scattersight would come back, it might be on the more expensive side of things despite all eye types being fodder at this point. Pretty much any eye type other than the new ones and Primal are fodder, and primal and the new eye types are only valuable if the dragon looks good with it. But people are willing to pay lots to get their gene projects done. 100 000 treasure on one scattersight sold instantly when it came out after all.
[quote name="Varric" date="2019-05-20 13:10:26" ] [quote name="Nekomata" date="2019-05-20 13:04:16" ] [quote name="Varric" date="2019-05-20 13:02:57" ] [quote name="Nekomata" date="2019-05-20 12:56:22" ] It's funny: They could make a small fortune out of eye vials by making them gem items. Better yet- make a site feature where you can pay 50g (or some other amount) to randomize your dragons eyes. Or make it a treasure sink. People would drop massive amounts of treasure/gems for a chance to perfect their dream dragon. Point is, they can introduce so many ways to make money off of the eye types. I've stopped playing/buying gems for the most part because it's nearly impossible to perfect my progens so I no longer see the point. As such I haven't bought gems in well over a year. [/quote] Yeah, that's what I don't understand. Slap together a Wheel of Fortune game where you pay a flat fee to have a chance of getting your targeted dragon's eyes changed to any eye type. Most of the time, the effect could fail to take and then you would need to spin the wheel of rng again. It would make for a VERY effect treasure sink. [/quote] And to make it different enough from scattersights: It's got -every- eye type, including newer ones, so the chances of getting that one you want is significantly lower. But at least it'd be possible. [/quote] You could even take it a step forward and make it randomly affect any one part of the dragon's physiology except for element. Oh look, this dragon got breed changed into this other breed! Oh, man, this dragon's tertiary gene changed! Hey, look, this dragon's primary color seems to be different! Make it tier based. The cheapest option includes everything, while the more expensive options just target eye types, or breed, or body physiology (basically genes/colors in one, so you can't just single-color scatter). Call it... idk, Ezara's Exciting Experiments, and make the NPC dragon a very eccentric Lightning engineer, science-ing through some strange changes. Something. [/quote] They could do so many things. So many ways to implement ways of eye changing without making it too easy and maintaining the 'special' nature of it. But nah. Let's sweep it under the rug. That's far easier. I even had hopes that maybe when they finally got around to adding that adventure feature (remember that? Yeah- neither do I) they could implement a way- maybe a quest- that when completed you could change your dragons eye type to a specified type. Of course, it'd be difficult and require lots of stuff, but it's becoming clear this is all wishful thinking.
Varric wrote on 2019-05-20 13:10:26:
Nekomata wrote on 2019-05-20 13:04:16:

You could even take it a step forward and make it randomly affect any one part of the dragon's physiology except for element. Oh look, this dragon got breed changed into this other breed! Oh, man, this dragon's tertiary gene changed! Hey, look, this dragon's primary color seems to be different!

Make it tier based. The cheapest option includes everything, while the more expensive options just target eye types, or breed, or body physiology (basically genes/colors in one, so you can't just single-color scatter).

Call it... idk, Ezara's Exciting Experiments, and make the NPC dragon a very eccentric Lightning engineer, science-ing through some strange changes.

Something.

They could do so many things. So many ways to implement ways of eye changing without making it too easy and maintaining the 'special' nature of it. But nah. Let's sweep it under the rug. That's far easier.

I even had hopes that maybe when they finally got around to adding that adventure feature (remember that? Yeah- neither do I) they could implement a way- maybe a quest- that when completed you could change your dragons eye type to a specified type. Of course, it'd be difficult and require lots of stuff, but it's becoming clear this is all wishful thinking.
[quote name="BlueJaysFeather" date="2019-05-20 11:24:53" ] I'm so done with everything about natural eye types at this point. I wish they had never been added to the game. Nothing about them feels like it's been implemented in a way that considers the feelings of older players, and I'm honestly about ready to cry over how the staff have expressed their plans to move forward with it. [/quote] Eyepocalypse will always be the one update where I believe the devs just did not think their concept through [b]at all[/b]. And part of that is because players were never told that this feature was coming, unlike many of the other site revamp features over the years. They could have avoided so many issues surrounding Eyepocalypse if there was a Developer Update news post about this release several months beforehand where they announced they were going to update dragon eye colours to standardize them and introduce an RNG element to eyes in breeding. Because players would have had a chance to warn them of the potential issues of such an update. Eyepocalypse was a mess of poor implementation, lack of forethought, and missed opportunities. (Seriously, Eye Type Vials could have been an amazing and much needed treasure sink if the devs actually thought their concept out more.) And it's so sad because I think most players really do like the Eye Types. It's a cool idea and fun cosmetic element to play with. But it's not cool when our only option to get the cool thing amounts to get lucky with RNG because randomness is fun, [i]right?[/i]
BlueJaysFeather wrote on 2019-05-20 11:24:53:
I'm so done with everything about natural eye types at this point. I wish they had never been added to the game. Nothing about them feels like it's been implemented in a way that considers the feelings of older players, and I'm honestly about ready to cry over how the staff have expressed their plans to move forward with it.

Eyepocalypse will always be the one update where I believe the devs just did not think their concept through at all. And part of that is because players were never told that this feature was coming, unlike many of the other site revamp features over the years. They could have avoided so many issues surrounding Eyepocalypse if there was a Developer Update news post about this release several months beforehand where they announced they were going to update dragon eye colours to standardize them and introduce an RNG element to eyes in breeding. Because players would have had a chance to warn them of the potential issues of such an update.

Eyepocalypse was a mess of poor implementation, lack of forethought, and missed opportunities. (Seriously, Eye Type Vials could have been an amazing and much needed treasure sink if the devs actually thought their concept out more.) And it's so sad because I think most players really do like the Eye Types. It's a cool idea and fun cosmetic element to play with. But it's not cool when our only option to get the cool thing amounts to get lucky with RNG because randomness is fun, right?
YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14