Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I know it's "Ga-lor"
1 2 3
Guh-lore
Accents galore
Guh-lore
Accents galore
zXxPZyW.pngh9eGKnU.pngSkLRWkr.png
Omg I didn't even make the connection to the actual word galore I can't even, I was too stuck on how similar it looked to Galoers (prob not spelled right, the pre tundras) to notice his name is a real word
Omg I didn't even make the connection to the actual word galore I can't even, I was too stuck on how similar it looked to Galoers (prob not spelled right, the pre tundras) to notice his name is a real word
jKNxJDc.png 93911947.png 93991508.png 93890069.png 92702429.png
i first read it as gay-lord and i i had to take a double take then i read it as "galore" but spelt Galor
i first read it as gay-lord and i i had to take a double take then i read it as "galore" but spelt Galor
xulc4O8.png
[quote name="TalonShrubfire" date="2019-05-07 16:45:57" ] This is throwing me back to all the times I used words I came across in reading only, and then having people looking at me with squinty confused eyes. Like Jalopy for example : / : / : / [/quote] That was me with epitome. I always pronounced it ep-i-tohm, like a tome of knowledge
TalonShrubfire wrote on 2019-05-07 16:45:57:
This is throwing me back to all the times I used words I came across in reading only, and then having people looking at me with squinty confused eyes.

Like Jalopy for example : / : / : /
That was me with epitome. I always pronounced it ep-i-tohm, like a tome of knowledge
Z3Lt3uB.png
Anachronism. Choir. Hermione.

I was just talking to my husband about how for YEARS I saw "slivered almonds" as "silvered almonds" and wondered why they were named after a color when they looked like slivers.

Also, while I think Galore is a cool dragon, the word itself bothers me because it feels like the accent is on the wrong syllable. I'm not a fan of "galore" used by itself, or as a noun instead of an adjective. xD My brain, friends.
Anachronism. Choir. Hermione.

I was just talking to my husband about how for YEARS I saw "slivered almonds" as "silvered almonds" and wondered why they were named after a color when they looked like slivers.

Also, while I think Galore is a cool dragon, the word itself bothers me because it feels like the accent is on the wrong syllable. I'm not a fan of "galore" used by itself, or as a noun instead of an adjective. xD My brain, friends.
earthr.pngkpBHZdf.gifDQCsQbQ.gifearthshieldr.png
Part of my brain wants to say "Gaelor" like the ancient breed - for no other reason than this is FR.
Part of my brain wants to say "Gaelor" like the ancient breed - for no other reason than this is FR.
LxbWmll.png
Ga-o-lor?
Ga-o-lor?
2029 < Used to be MoonEclispe, still the Friendly Friend I was earlier, just with an easier to spell name! Yay!

Reminds me of when people call Target "tarjey"

[center]@flyteeth [quote name="flyteeth" date="2019-05-07 19:18:46" ] Reminds me of when people call Target "tarjey" [/quote] [i]Wut?![/i] Who even does that? lol[/center]
@flyteeth
flyteeth wrote on 2019-05-07 19:18:46:

Wut?! Who even does that? lol
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
@WolfTears
We do when we're being schmucks
@WolfTears
We do when we're being schmucks
zXxPZyW.pngh9eGKnU.pngSkLRWkr.png
1 2 3