Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dragons You Want as Ancient Breeds
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12
Whatever they are, I want them to be super primal and rough looking, created to withstand the "vying for territory" and their job of "carving the land into distinct realms." The existed at the same time the Gods were shaping the world into what it is now, and since they helped designate and create the realms, I'd love for them to be really elemental and raw.

At the same time, they said not all of them were created by the Gods, so I would love some kind of Shade based or influenced breed. I just want more Shade content and lore, lol.
Whatever they are, I want them to be super primal and rough looking, created to withstand the "vying for territory" and their job of "carving the land into distinct realms." The existed at the same time the Gods were shaping the world into what it is now, and since they helped designate and create the realms, I'd love for them to be really elemental and raw.

At the same time, they said not all of them were created by the Gods, so I would love some kind of Shade based or influenced breed. I just want more Shade content and lore, lol.
WM9x0r4.pngpansexual2.png Sapphic.pngTdWf5vx.png
It is said that dragon gods created the dragon kin in their shape and image.
Welp I want Plaguebringer-like proto-mirrors, with ton of dorsal spikes and ragged wings, and at least two heads and two tails, in case double the wings and limbs looks too busy.
It is said that dragon gods created the dragon kin in their shape and image.
Welp I want Plaguebringer-like proto-mirrors, with ton of dorsal spikes and ragged wings, and at least two heads and two tails, in case double the wings and limbs looks too busy.
lU1KFhR.gif
Kydo
He/Him
FR+4
256-large.png
Do what comes natural~

cauldrontext.png

@EarthTiger So uh..... I did a thing. Mostly based on that old skeleton dragon, but as an ancient plague breed with original mirror elements (four arms, four wings, two tails- sadly the tails didn't fit but imagine the picture you linked.) And "drych" seems to be Welsh for "Mirror," which is why I went with that. [img]https://i.imgur.com/Clm0n2J.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/bUQ452c.jpg[/img]
@EarthTiger

So uh..... I did a thing.

Mostly based on that old skeleton dragon, but as an ancient plague breed with original mirror elements (four arms, four wings, two tails- sadly the tails didn't fit but imagine the picture you linked.) And "drych" seems to be Welsh for "Mirror," which is why I went with that.

Clm0n2J.jpg
bUQ452c.jpg
h8ppV79.pngPG7Fgon.png
Mean. Evil. Dweller in an ancient cave with sightless eyes and knobby limbs and too many teeth. In other words, perfect.
Mean. Evil. Dweller in an ancient cave with sightless eyes and knobby limbs and too many teeth. In other words, perfect.
Ping me to get my attention!
Eldritch goop wyvern with a ton of eyes would be Tight (could also work for a Shadow ancient?)
Eldritch goop wyvern with a ton of eyes would be Tight (could also work for a Shadow ancient?)
luna
any pronouns
FR Time +17
OgbBItY.png
Whatever they are, I want a good chunk of them to be Big. Larger than imps or guardians, beasts who look CAPABLE of the massive land upheavals that formed the regions as we know them today. As I understand it, these beasties were made shortly after the Pillar went a'splode, though perhaps Plaguebringer and Gladekeeper created minions, either on purpose or by oopsies, during their big sisterly catfight while Arcanist was still coalescing?

as for specific dreams... hm...

WIND
biiiiig long serpent dragon with more wings than can be counted in one look. i'm thinkin big as Azulongmon from Digimon or Shenlong from DragonBall. even their 'arms' are massively interwebbed with 'fingers'. these big beasts became a patrolling loop around what would become the Windswept Plateau, their wingbeats shuddering Earthshaker's ground until it rent and rose and fell to form the various regions
imagine these big guys delicate wiggling their fingers to weave the beginnings of the Cloudsong kites from residual magic and the materials left behind by the humanoids, their wings flapping so quickly to keep themselves stable that the magic forms the Twisting Crescendo itself

PLAGUE
burrowers. muscular forehalves, big scooping claws that dug out the Wyrmwound for their Maker. vestigial, if any, wings, as they focus themselves on the ground where the disease-spreaders live. these ones are among the smallest of the Ancients, needing to maneuver to prevent any Life from encroaching that Plaguebringer does not deem worthy. i'm thinking they could either have tiny eyes and find their way by echolocation/scent/etc OR have big eyes and bioluminescence to find their way in the ground

those are the only two that really occur to me at the moment... hm
Whatever they are, I want a good chunk of them to be Big. Larger than imps or guardians, beasts who look CAPABLE of the massive land upheavals that formed the regions as we know them today. As I understand it, these beasties were made shortly after the Pillar went a'splode, though perhaps Plaguebringer and Gladekeeper created minions, either on purpose or by oopsies, during their big sisterly catfight while Arcanist was still coalescing?

as for specific dreams... hm...

WIND
biiiiig long serpent dragon with more wings than can be counted in one look. i'm thinkin big as Azulongmon from Digimon or Shenlong from DragonBall. even their 'arms' are massively interwebbed with 'fingers'. these big beasts became a patrolling loop around what would become the Windswept Plateau, their wingbeats shuddering Earthshaker's ground until it rent and rose and fell to form the various regions
imagine these big guys delicate wiggling their fingers to weave the beginnings of the Cloudsong kites from residual magic and the materials left behind by the humanoids, their wings flapping so quickly to keep themselves stable that the magic forms the Twisting Crescendo itself

PLAGUE
burrowers. muscular forehalves, big scooping claws that dug out the Wyrmwound for their Maker. vestigial, if any, wings, as they focus themselves on the ground where the disease-spreaders live. these ones are among the smallest of the Ancients, needing to maneuver to prevent any Life from encroaching that Plaguebringer does not deem worthy. i'm thinking they could either have tiny eyes and find their way by echolocation/scent/etc OR have big eyes and bioluminescence to find their way in the ground

those are the only two that really occur to me at the moment... hm
This is not the signature you're looking for. Move Along.
This suddenly came to me but a wyvern that takes inspiration from the pterosaur Quetzalcoatlus. Horrifying but cool! [img]https://www.newdinosaurs.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/1598_quetzalcoatlus_rj_palmer.jpg[/img]
This suddenly came to me but a wyvern that takes inspiration from the pterosaur Quetzalcoatlus. Horrifying but cool!

1598_quetzalcoatlus_rj_palmer.jpg
tumblr_inline_ph66ygtX8D1trnsp5_540.giftumblr_inline_p7tsvyzpyk1trnsp5_540.gifbig_shift_by_shapeshifthate-dckip66.pngbig_terr_by_shapeshifthate-dckip6i.png
[quote name="atlanticREM" date="2019-04-15 14:58:27" ] chickens but in all seriousness, a skeletal or bony dragon would be amazing, or possibly even a dragon that resembles an ankylosaurus. Maybe another bipedal breed could be added into the mix? Or even others with multiple limbs? **AND seraph inspired dragons!!! like: 1 2 3 [/quote] More bipedal dragons, yes. Seraphim dragons, ABSOLUTELY! Seraphim are absolutely terrifying looking, which would be perfect for some ancient horror of old.
atlanticREM wrote on 2019-04-15 14:58:27:
chickens
but in all seriousness, a skeletal or bony dragon would be amazing, or possibly even a dragon that resembles an ankylosaurus.
Maybe another bipedal breed could be added into the mix? Or even others with multiple limbs?

**AND seraph inspired dragons!!!
like:

More bipedal dragons, yes.
Seraphim dragons, ABSOLUTELY!

Seraphim are absolutely terrifying looking, which would be perfect for some ancient horror of old.
Im back
[quote name="EarthTiger" date="2019-04-15 14:51:22" ] I would love to see breeds akin to these [img]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/a92ada85-e4d9-41f8-9ec8-4827d370d653/d2dfzvo-fafce828-59a1-43c2-ab7f-30cf0aa06aac.jpg/v1/fill/w_900,h_636,q_75,strp/these_bones_by_neondragon_d2dfzvo-fullview.jpg[/img] [/quote] I’d sell my soul to see earthshaker come out and be like hey this is my new best pal who I’ve been hanging out with recently and he has friends. And I’d definitely have more than one of them.
EarthTiger wrote on 2019-04-15 14:51:22:
I would love to see breeds akin to these
these_bones_by_neondragon_d2dfzvo-fullview.jpg
I’d sell my soul to see earthshaker come out and be like hey this is my new best pal who I’ve been hanging out with recently and he has friends. And I’d definitely have more than one of them.
4xTBSTZ.png
Ah, beaten to the Shatterer! I'll post Kralk then cuz I could really go for some heavy crystal/geode inspired ancient earth dragons [img]https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/008/338/935/large/ronald-kury-karlk-ingame-2000x792.jpg[/img] I'm thinking like skeletal wurms that have rocky casings and stalagmite spines calcified on their backs and are just totally jewel encrusted inside their ribs
Ah, beaten to the Shatterer! I'll post Kralk then cuz I could really go for some heavy crystal/geode inspired ancient earth dragons
ronald-kury-karlk-ingame-2000x792.jpg

I'm thinking like skeletal wurms that have rocky casings and stalagmite spines calcified on their backs and are just totally jewel encrusted inside their ribs
Wua5ROf.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12