Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I don't really want a map update
1 2 3 4 5
@dreamson

100% agree! Very excited for a potential new breed and feel like staff won't do another big quality of life type update like the revamped map so soon after the hibernal den release.

And we just had two new eye types released, so I feel like that fills our gene/eye type update for the next month or two... Although I would never say no to a new gene or two. ^^
@dreamson

100% agree! Very excited for a potential new breed and feel like staff won't do another big quality of life type update like the revamped map so soon after the hibernal den release.

And we just had two new eye types released, so I feel like that fills our gene/eye type update for the next month or two... Although I would never say no to a new gene or two. ^^
badges_02.png
AJ | 27 | FR +3
Badges 2022 | 2021 | 2020 | 2019 | 2018 | Persistent | LDCC
REBIRTH.png
I personally prefer the map update to the idea of new genes and breeds. I like to expand my lore, not get overwhelmed by all the new things that keep eating away at what little I already have.

Don't get me wrong, I know those kinds of content are what makes FR exciting and hyping for most. Heck, a new gene done right makes me hype too. But I just feel like we need to slow down more, take it easy. And a new map update to me is excitrment because I love lore content.
I personally prefer the map update to the idea of new genes and breeds. I like to expand my lore, not get overwhelmed by all the new things that keep eating away at what little I already have.

Don't get me wrong, I know those kinds of content are what makes FR exciting and hyping for most. Heck, a new gene done right makes me hype too. But I just feel like we need to slow down more, take it easy. And a new map update to me is excitrment because I love lore content.
Gale
FR + 16/17 | Korea | She/Her
The backlog of stuff that needs bringing up to scratch is more important, imo, and it's not like they aren't putting effort into the new breed - one of the most recent jobs was specifically to draw existing apparel for a new breed!
The backlog of stuff that needs bringing up to scratch is more important, imo, and it's not like they aren't putting effort into the new breed - one of the most recent jobs was specifically to draw existing apparel for a new breed!
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
@Weisk, they announced a map revamp was in progress almost a year ago. You can check out details of the world map revamp in this news post!

They've actually got a number of new features planned, but like a lot of their projects the devs haven't given us an exact ETA of when it'll be released, only that it was one of the major projects (alongside the Hibernal Den) that they wanted to complete before June 2019.
@Weisk, they announced a map revamp was in progress almost a year ago. You can check out details of the world map revamp in this news post!

They've actually got a number of new features planned, but like a lot of their projects the devs haven't given us an exact ETA of when it'll be released, only that it was one of the major projects (alongside the Hibernal Den) that they wanted to complete before June 2019.
YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
how about more minigames
how about more minigames
kEygMJz.png
no please the scarred wasteland really needs new art the wandering contagion seems to defy physics [img]https://i.imgur.com/oix0OTR.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/HClJS16.png[/img] why does it overlap with the windswept plateu? why does it spread upwards into the ocean
no please the scarred wasteland really needs new art
the wandering contagion seems to defy physics
oix0OTR.png
HClJS16.png
why does it overlap with the windswept plateu? why does it spread upwards into the ocean
Eh idk
I'm somewhat inclined to agree.

Don't get me wrong, the map definitely looks dated. But honestly speaking, even with new art, I'd never touch it. I'd look at it once and never again. It's just not that grand to me, even with the new effects planned. I'd much rather have a new gene, apparel, or a breed to play around with. :C
Eh idk
I'm somewhat inclined to agree.

Don't get me wrong, the map definitely looks dated. But honestly speaking, even with new art, I'd never touch it. I'd look at it once and never again. It's just not that grand to me, even with the new effects planned. I'd much rather have a new gene, apparel, or a breed to play around with. :C
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
[quote name="VENNY" date="2019-04-07 22:44:02" ] why not both? [/quote] ^ Just because we get one, does not mean we won't get the other :>
VENNY wrote on 2019-04-07 22:44:02:
why not both?

^ Just because we get one, does not mean we won't get the other :>
:D Yeah we'd definitely like both with a preference to updating old stuff over throwing new stuff on top.
We're not an artist but it doesn't seem like it'd take that long to revamp the map art compared to how long drawing thousands of apparel pieces would take.
:D Yeah we'd definitely like both with a preference to updating old stuff over throwing new stuff on top.
We're not an artist but it doesn't seem like it'd take that long to revamp the map art compared to how long drawing thousands of apparel pieces would take.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
Honestly, I almost don’t want a new breed soon... I’d much rather get something free and that won’t destroy everyone’s wallets, especially if it has a lot of love and care put into it rather than a quick fan service breed because everyone is asking for one? Sure, a new breed would be dope but do we really need it?
Besides, I’m hyped to see what new places we get, and they might add a lot more leeway for new breeds!
Honestly, I almost don’t want a new breed soon... I’d much rather get something free and that won’t destroy everyone’s wallets, especially if it has a lot of love and care put into it rather than a quick fan service breed because everyone is asking for one? Sure, a new breed would be dope but do we really need it?
Besides, I’m hyped to see what new places we get, and they might add a lot more leeway for new breeds!
7qCl3Ny.png
1 2 3 4 5