Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I have about had it with bred-G1 shaming
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Hmm... personally I like purchasing unbred dragons - simply because lore-wise I tend to have specific naming schemes and I'd like to see those on the parents' offspring list- especially since it goes oldest to newest rather than newest to oldest.

I have no qualms about breeding dragons - just the lore bit for me.
Hmm... personally I like purchasing unbred dragons - simply because lore-wise I tend to have specific naming schemes and I'd like to see those on the parents' offspring list- especially since it goes oldest to newest rather than newest to oldest.

I have no qualms about breeding dragons - just the lore bit for me.

AkOZ5Yr.pngnSTdg6R.pngflDElsB.png

QxphrKe.png4s6Iakb.pngkFfQCmO.png
i have this really gorgeous g1 i picked up from the AH at fodder price, i got so excited because his colors are so matchy and work so well together [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14127887] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/141279/14127887_350.png[/img] [/url] and then i saw his offspring list and got so disappointed. it would be a shame to exalt him bc he's so pretty. it still makes me sad tho. i dont think i ever would have obtained him for such a low price otherwise, so there's that... and i've kept him for like two years so i guess his kids don't offend me that much
i have this really gorgeous g1 i picked up from the AH at fodder price, i got so excited because his colors are so matchy and work so well together

14127887_350.png

and then i saw his offspring list and got so disappointed.

it would be a shame to exalt him bc he's so pretty. it still makes me sad tho.
i dont think i ever would have obtained him for such a low price otherwise, so there's that... and i've kept him for like two years so i guess his kids don't offend me that much
xxxxxxxxxxxx what did you honestly expect to find here? xxxxxxxxxxxx
tumblr_inline_nxzvqj33Dj1tnp410_100.png
[quote name="ColorBlindBrat" date="2019-02-11 16:24:40" ] Funny enough, I know I've fallen into the trap of bred = not good and it amuses me. "This is my darling and I will keep her/him forever, therefore to remove temptation I must breed them and lower all hope of a high price later on. They can never leave me." [/quote] Who said I even had the temptation to breed them in the first place? :P Naah but I don't think the "too bad it's bred" line is meant to be mean really. it's more of a "I personally don't like bred dragons but hey it's nice that you like the dragon!" (which is very long and takes longer to write and everyone knows people are lazy so it's not uncommon for it to be shortened) But like, why does it matter what other people think of your dragons? You don't buy dragons because other people like them, you buy them because [u]you[/u] like them. Just keep loving your scaley pixels and breed them if you'd like & if you don't care about reselling them later on! go spoil 'em with genes (or keep 'em all basic, basic is good too)
ColorBlindBrat wrote on 2019-02-11 16:24:40:
Funny enough, I know I've fallen into the trap of bred = not good and it amuses me.

"This is my darling and I will keep her/him forever, therefore to remove temptation I must breed them and lower all hope of a high price later on. They can never leave me."
Who said I even had the temptation to breed them in the first place? :P

Naah but I don't think the "too bad it's bred" line is meant to be mean really. it's more of a "I personally don't like bred dragons but hey it's nice that you like the dragon!" (which is very long and takes longer to write and everyone knows people are lazy so it's not uncommon for it to be shortened)

But like, why does it matter what other people think of your dragons? You don't buy dragons because other people like them, you buy them because you like them.
Just keep loving your scaley pixels and breed them if you'd like & if you don't care about reselling them later on! go spoil 'em with genes (or keep 'em all basic, basic is good too)
Always buying
Abyss/Gloom/X
Gen Ones.
Feel free to PM 8.png
wsTw09i.png
*Wishlist
*Art Shop
*Adoptables
*Skins/Accents
3R1xnew.pnglq7TbRo.png
[quote name="LucidDreams" date="2019-02-11 15:55:52" ] [quote name="Ashki" date="2019-02-11 15:48:12" ] Personally I've never seen anyone get hostile about it, like others I'm one of the users that just prefers clean offspring lists. ^^ I probably wouldn't ever buy a bred gen 1, but hey, I'm not ever gonna judge/be upset at anyone that does. [/quote] Same here, I've literally never seen anyone be rude about anyone else's bred dragon. The most I've seen is someone asking if they should breed their gen one, and people politely letting them know that if they decide to sell it in the future, it might not be worth as much (or like I said before, in the context of a sale someone saying "too bad it's bred"). FR's community seems too nice for that. Not saying it's never happened, I just haven't seen it. I wouldn't buy a bred gen one or breed any gen ones neither because I like the unbred aesthetic, I don't care what anyone else does to theirs though. It's a game, play it however you want. [/quote] i'd buy a bred g1 if i really liked the design and it was affordable, but i wouldn't shame anyone for their opinions.
LucidDreams wrote on 2019-02-11 15:55:52:
Ashki wrote on 2019-02-11 15:48:12:
Personally I've never seen anyone get hostile about it, like others I'm one of the users that just prefers clean offspring lists. ^^ I probably wouldn't ever buy a bred gen 1, but hey, I'm not ever gonna judge/be upset at anyone that does.

Same here, I've literally never seen anyone be rude about anyone else's bred dragon. The most I've seen is someone asking if they should breed their gen one, and people politely letting them know that if they decide to sell it in the future, it might not be worth as much (or like I said before, in the context of a sale someone saying "too bad it's bred").

FR's community seems too nice for that. Not saying it's never happened, I just haven't seen it.

I wouldn't buy a bred gen one or breed any gen ones neither because I like the unbred aesthetic, I don't care what anyone else does to theirs though. It's a game, play it however you want.
i'd buy a bred g1 if i really liked the design and it was affordable, but i wouldn't shame anyone for their opinions.
just came back to the
game, please be patient!
19. g1/special id collector
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10