Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Share your underrated tropes ideas!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I see lots of gardeners and hunters, but no chicken farmers or anything. Hunting is all fine and dandy, but that s the only source of meat in a lot of lairs and it doesn't make sense especially in larger lairs.

I also don't see ANY dragons who farm bugs except for beekeepers, which generally eat the honey instead of the bees.

Basically, we need more agriculture and farming dragons. They can't get ALL of their food from trading.

Edit: also a career that doesnt directly allign with your dragons interests. Not everyone can be an astronomer or full-time artist, maybe they are a farmer's hand who watches the stars every night and reads about space, or a cook who paints on the weekends.
I see lots of gardeners and hunters, but no chicken farmers or anything. Hunting is all fine and dandy, but that s the only source of meat in a lot of lairs and it doesn't make sense especially in larger lairs.

I also don't see ANY dragons who farm bugs except for beekeepers, which generally eat the honey instead of the bees.

Basically, we need more agriculture and farming dragons. They can't get ALL of their food from trading.

Edit: also a career that doesnt directly allign with your dragons interests. Not everyone can be an astronomer or full-time artist, maybe they are a farmer's hand who watches the stars every night and reads about space, or a cook who paints on the weekends.
854_0b2828e6da7a7fa3_I.gif
My top 5 profession dragon lore;
Butterfly therapist
Stay at home ambassador
Bone Fiend tamer
Cog Frog creator (retired)
Communist Leader

Tbh I think i'm going for a communist leader or a butterfly therapist
My top 5 profession dragon lore;
Butterfly therapist
Stay at home ambassador
Bone Fiend tamer
Cog Frog creator (retired)
Communist Leader

Tbh I think i'm going for a communist leader or a butterfly therapist
@KallyPaige hi love them they're wonderful and unique!

@Seadramon you bring up a good point about the different species, and especially the less common ones! (IE not coatl Vs fae, though I do love that too)

@Klawzor 1. Your name is super cool and 2. That's great, I love it! I can imagine him getting some super strange requests, that would be impossible in our world but may be possible in Sornieth due to magic!

@Lichtdrache yesss a good balance of silly is great in any clan!

@V88 ahhh, imagine a fae desperately trying to farm enough beetles for the whole clan! Or a spiral trying to harvest corn except he keeps getting tangled up! I love it, now I'm gonna have to have some farmers thx

@Jushiro those are hilarious, I especially like stay at home ambassador! Do dragons have social media? "come join the arcane flight today! It's been 3 days minutes since an incident!"
@KallyPaige hi love them they're wonderful and unique!

@Seadramon you bring up a good point about the different species, and especially the less common ones! (IE not coatl Vs fae, though I do love that too)

@Klawzor 1. Your name is super cool and 2. That's great, I love it! I can imagine him getting some super strange requests, that would be impossible in our world but may be possible in Sornieth due to magic!

@Lichtdrache yesss a good balance of silly is great in any clan!

@V88 ahhh, imagine a fae desperately trying to farm enough beetles for the whole clan! Or a spiral trying to harvest corn except he keeps getting tangled up! I love it, now I'm gonna have to have some farmers thx

@Jushiro those are hilarious, I especially like stay at home ambassador! Do dragons have social media? "come join the arcane flight today! It's been 3 days minutes since an incident!"
scuz me, what u
doin?
gems_badge_100.png
My mama's better than yours!
treasure_badge_100.png nosy, aren't ya?
My friend had/has an architect, one dragon I was trying to win by writing lore for I wrote as a journalist, I had an actor, a home designer, a musician , and an author too.

So quite a bit of the stuff listed here. Although I do have a lot of the common stuff. Alchemist, mage, fighters (kind of, it's more a necessity of the job and not the job itself), leader, messenger, seer, witch, scholar.

I don't know what's underrated, actually, as I'm not the type to dig through lairs and read all their lore. But I do enjoy the type of stuff you can easily add your own twist too. Just stuff like ghost hunters, time travelers, anything to do with magic (especially with chaotic magic or too much magic), things that can be interpreted a million different ways.

I'd love to see more artsy dragons too, dragons who love to do something but aren't very good at it, and athletes (and the sports they'd play, I had one in the works but he ended up scrapped in favor of something else).

Concepts that have to do with the lesser technology they have compared to us and how magic can either draw them even or more advanced than us in some aspects is also interesting.

Oh, and doctors. Show me more of that none-magic healing and how advanced or primitive it may be in a world were magic is almost always the answer.
My friend had/has an architect, one dragon I was trying to win by writing lore for I wrote as a journalist, I had an actor, a home designer, a musician , and an author too.

So quite a bit of the stuff listed here. Although I do have a lot of the common stuff. Alchemist, mage, fighters (kind of, it's more a necessity of the job and not the job itself), leader, messenger, seer, witch, scholar.

I don't know what's underrated, actually, as I'm not the type to dig through lairs and read all their lore. But I do enjoy the type of stuff you can easily add your own twist too. Just stuff like ghost hunters, time travelers, anything to do with magic (especially with chaotic magic or too much magic), things that can be interpreted a million different ways.

I'd love to see more artsy dragons too, dragons who love to do something but aren't very good at it, and athletes (and the sports they'd play, I had one in the works but he ended up scrapped in favor of something else).

Concepts that have to do with the lesser technology they have compared to us and how magic can either draw them even or more advanced than us in some aspects is also interesting.

Oh, and doctors. Show me more of that none-magic healing and how advanced or primitive it may be in a world were magic is almost always the answer.
X
X
loading.gif

X
X
Chefs! You always see dragons that are hunters or foragers or farmers. Never the dragon that actually prepares the food to eat. And I definitely agree on decorators and designers! One of my dragons does flight themed decorations every festival :D [quote name="Lichtdrache" date="2018-09-25 05:58:23" ] I love really specific jobs that don't have much use. I don't remember the exact example, but it's similar to "this dragon's only job is to sort jellybeans by color". Or maybe "this dragon trains fleas for entertainment". I've read a few lore pieces like this and I love it. [/quote] Man I love oddly-specific jobs so much. I have a dragon who’s role is basically screeching every morning until the clan wakes up.
Chefs! You always see dragons that are hunters or foragers or farmers. Never the dragon that actually prepares the food to eat. And I definitely agree on decorators and designers! One of my dragons does flight themed decorations every festival :D

Lichtdrache wrote on 2018-09-25 05:58:23:
I love really specific jobs that don't have much use. I don't remember the exact example, but it's similar to "this dragon's only job is to sort jellybeans by color". Or maybe "this dragon trains fleas for entertainment". I've read a few lore pieces like this and I love it.

Man I love oddly-specific jobs so much. I have a dragon who’s role is basically screeching every morning until the clan wakes up.
Sharpened Serthis Spear
I am the patron saint of having bad taste
(insert joke about heated water towers here)
@Charias Yes, I see what you mean and I agree! I guess it's hard to detach from anthropomorphism; still, your lore sounds super interesting and it's great to fight against "conventions". Different personalities/worlds are also a nice writing exercise!

@MagicmakerRose He sounds like a good boy! And fanfics about clanmates is definitely a funny idea!!

@Seadramon Cultural differences between breeds/flights are interesting. Last time I saw art of tundras living in warm environments & shaving their fur and it's cool to imagine them in different settings, and pretty much a never-ending source of inspo!

@Klawzor At least you have an idea, that's a nice start :D I love the idea of each dragon having a dedicated room!

@KallyPaige your dergs are lovely! And Mageria and her sidekick sound like a lot of fun to be around!! :P

@Lichtdrache You always need someone to sort the jellybeans. The blue ones are nasty :D

@V88 I had the same thought tbh! Where does all that food come from? And chickens are so cute, they'd fit perfectly with a nice and gentle dragon!

@Jushiro Those are all very good jobs, 10/10

@AnonEclipse yes, we tend to forget doctors but magic can't heal /everything/... can it? It's no fun otherwise. Your lair sounds amazing and very "mix and match"!

@Lilydew Cooks are so rare! Can we please have a Gordon Ramsey dragon? Dragon's kitchen nightmare? I need it so bad :D
@Charias Yes, I see what you mean and I agree! I guess it's hard to detach from anthropomorphism; still, your lore sounds super interesting and it's great to fight against "conventions". Different personalities/worlds are also a nice writing exercise!

@MagicmakerRose He sounds like a good boy! And fanfics about clanmates is definitely a funny idea!!

@Seadramon Cultural differences between breeds/flights are interesting. Last time I saw art of tundras living in warm environments & shaving their fur and it's cool to imagine them in different settings, and pretty much a never-ending source of inspo!

@Klawzor At least you have an idea, that's a nice start :D I love the idea of each dragon having a dedicated room!

@KallyPaige your dergs are lovely! And Mageria and her sidekick sound like a lot of fun to be around!! :P

@Lichtdrache You always need someone to sort the jellybeans. The blue ones are nasty :D

@V88 I had the same thought tbh! Where does all that food come from? And chickens are so cute, they'd fit perfectly with a nice and gentle dragon!

@Jushiro Those are all very good jobs, 10/10

@AnonEclipse yes, we tend to forget doctors but magic can't heal /everything/... can it? It's no fun otherwise. Your lair sounds amazing and very "mix and match"!

@Lilydew Cooks are so rare! Can we please have a Gordon Ramsey dragon? Dragon's kitchen nightmare? I need it so bad :D
Y5ILoot.png
I only have five permas. Four of them are chefs and the fifth one is a really problematic food critic who kidnapped a hive of faes as her charge and stalks the food cart.
I only have five permas. Four of them are chefs and the fifth one is a really problematic food critic who kidnapped a hive of faes as her charge and stalks the food cart.
[img]https://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/375057[/img]
@KitchenOfDeath
That is the best lore premise I have ever read omg
@KitchenOfDeath
Sharpened Serthis Spear
I am the patron saint of having bad taste
(insert joke about heated water towers here)
oh good thread! my lore kinda sucks so itll help with ideas [quote name="Lilydew" date="2018-09-25 06:48:42" ] @ KitchenOfDeath That is the best lore premise I have ever read omg [/quote] yep
oh good thread! my lore kinda sucks so itll help with ideas
Lilydew wrote on 2018-09-25 06:48:42:
@ KitchenOfDeath
yep
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
This is a good thread. ^^

I love Guardians with weird or obscure charges! I think it also might be interesting if a Guardian pretended something was their charge because they didn't want other Guardians to look down on them, when in reality they don't feel any pull towards it? Or maybe a Skydancer that struggles with their ability to read into other dragons without having to try, feeling like it's a bit of a breach of privacy. I really like little twists on the breed's natures like that.
This is a good thread. ^^

I love Guardians with weird or obscure charges! I think it also might be interesting if a Guardian pretended something was their charge because they didn't want other Guardians to look down on them, when in reality they don't feel any pull towards it? Or maybe a Skydancer that struggles with their ability to read into other dragons without having to try, feeling like it's a bit of a breach of privacy. I really like little twists on the breed's natures like that.
2db8adadca3ef8633cbd21fe5b445b5d349eabdb.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7