Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Unpopular opinion? Maybe
1 2 3
[quote name="VENNY" date="2018-06-05 18:13:57" ] Earth: dirt. Booooring. And hasn't there dad been asleep this whole time? [/quote] i mean, it's accurate, our flight doesn't get much color in the art (which is why i love the exalt pillar) [s]earthdad may be sad but he's rad[/s] but i gotta agree with you. all the water flight memes seem to be rampaging at this point, [size=1]extreme sarcasm in 3, 2..[/size] and with it being so obviously "nonexistent", [size=1]end sarcasm[/size] i actually forget about other flights because they get pushed under the rug- poor fire slips my mind half the time
VENNY wrote on 2018-06-05 18:13:57:
Earth: dirt. Booooring. And hasn't there dad been asleep this whole time?
i mean, it's accurate, our flight doesn't get much color in the art (which is why i love the exalt pillar) earthdad may be sad but he's rad

but i gotta agree with you. all the water flight memes seem to be rampaging at this point, extreme sarcasm in 3, 2.. and with it being so obviously "nonexistent", end sarcasm i actually forget about other flights because they get pushed under the rug- poor fire slips my mind half the time
i need to redo my signature
casey/zoru - they/them
fr +3
mp100/spyxfamily/pokemon/loz/ace attorney
@vantrums

Sorry. I didn't know this was such a touchy subject. I thought we were all having fun and games, but I guess that is how bullying works. You never know that your hurting them. I'm sorry for being so oblivious to things that bother your flight and culture. I hope my insensitive jokes can be forgiven.
@vantrums

Sorry. I didn't know this was such a touchy subject. I thought we were all having fun and games, but I guess that is how bullying works. You never know that your hurting them. I'm sorry for being so oblivious to things that bother your flight and culture. I hope my insensitive jokes can be forgiven.
2029 < Used to be MoonEclispe, still the Friendly Friend I was earlier, just with an easier to spell name! Yay!
@Elynora

That's probably a better way of explaining how I feel, honestly. I find the jokes about Tidepop missing/being replaced fairly amusing but the ones about Water not existing just feel different to me somehow. If that makes sense.
@Elynora

That's probably a better way of explaining how I feel, honestly. I find the jokes about Tidepop missing/being replaced fairly amusing but the ones about Water not existing just feel different to me somehow. If that makes sense.
QjxN3Ta.jpg
I think it's kind of annoying. I'm not in water or anything, I just think that joke is kind of... played out, now. But I guess that's how memes go. They're funny at first, then they get run into the ground, and you forget why you even thought they were funny in the first place.
I think it's kind of annoying. I'm not in water or anything, I just think that joke is kind of... played out, now. But I guess that's how memes go. They're funny at first, then they get run into the ground, and you forget why you even thought they were funny in the first place.
@VermontVampyre Oh, I don’t *personally* think plague is edgy (I came this >< close to joining myself, and my husband is in plague), I just can see why it is perceived that way. It’s that the whole IDEA of plague flight is something a lot of people will find creepy and morbid, and they’ll assume that anyone in it must be into creepy, morbid stuff, making them edgy (or “edgy” to the less charitably minded.) And I know it attracts a wide variety of people for different reasons- people in science & medicine for example. And your own clan, which is a really interesting way of approaching it, similar to how I don’t really care about the trickster aspect of shadow & for me it’s more about dark magic, ghosts/spirits, and spookiness.

And I don’t personally consider people who are into plague because they like the gory creepy parts to be edgy either, since I love a lot of weird stuff a lot of people find creepy- like taxidermy, decrepit old dolls, bones & skulls- and have genuinely liked that stuff my entire life, even when I was a very small child- I had no concept of “edgy” at four or five, I was just fascinated by it all.

But I guess @overseer & @ventrums are correct- lots of people stereotype those into “darker” stuff as edgelords as much as they do those who are into grue & gore.

@VermontVampyre Oh, I don’t *personally* think plague is edgy (I came this >< close to joining myself, and my husband is in plague), I just can see why it is perceived that way. It’s that the whole IDEA of plague flight is something a lot of people will find creepy and morbid, and they’ll assume that anyone in it must be into creepy, morbid stuff, making them edgy (or “edgy” to the less charitably minded.) And I know it attracts a wide variety of people for different reasons- people in science & medicine for example. And your own clan, which is a really interesting way of approaching it, similar to how I don’t really care about the trickster aspect of shadow & for me it’s more about dark magic, ghosts/spirits, and spookiness.

And I don’t personally consider people who are into plague because they like the gory creepy parts to be edgy either, since I love a lot of weird stuff a lot of people find creepy- like taxidermy, decrepit old dolls, bones & skulls- and have genuinely liked that stuff my entire life, even when I was a very small child- I had no concept of “edgy” at four or five, I was just fascinated by it all.

But I guess @overseer & @ventrums are correct- lots of people stereotype those into “darker” stuff as edgelords as much as they do those who are into grue & gore.

Dappervolk ID #27689
Rbf96Oh.gifCuK85yM.pngtRNevRC.gif
@DesertUmbra
I'm not trying to start anything, just genuinely answering/explaining, so sorry if this slightly derails from the rest of the thread
A trigger isn't something you're annoyed by. A trigger, by actual definition, is something that causes panic attacks or flashbacks (among other symptoms) in folks with ptsd and certain other neurological disorders. More recently there seems to be the misconception that a trigger that is something that mildly annoys you, or you just dont like, and this belief - and the subsequent "dont be triggered"/"are you triggered" jokes - are actually incredibly harmful to folk who do have actual triggers.
@DesertUmbra
I'm not trying to start anything, just genuinely answering/explaining, so sorry if this slightly derails from the rest of the thread
A trigger isn't something you're annoyed by. A trigger, by actual definition, is something that causes panic attacks or flashbacks (among other symptoms) in folks with ptsd and certain other neurological disorders. More recently there seems to be the misconception that a trigger that is something that mildly annoys you, or you just dont like, and this belief - and the subsequent "dont be triggered"/"are you triggered" jokes - are actually incredibly harmful to folk who do have actual triggers.
iApd2bE.gif ogUNzPH.gif Currently Grinding:Blooming Grove
Kelpie • 26 • +3 frt • novarian • multiplicity
WNbQ4hY.png
Discord: Kelpie#3511usd shopwishlist
t97RYJM.png
@butcherbaby I can see where one could think that plague is edgy. But people need to remember that each flight has more than one thing it focuses on. Like as you said Shadow is both Trickster AND general spooky/ghostly vibes. Plague ois both Diseased grossness and Survivalist.

Also...dolls...creep..me ..the hades out. Watched way too many haunted doll videos on youtube to ever be comfortable around them XD Even if half of those videos are fake...
@butcherbaby I can see where one could think that plague is edgy. But people need to remember that each flight has more than one thing it focuses on. Like as you said Shadow is both Trickster AND general spooky/ghostly vibes. Plague ois both Diseased grossness and Survivalist.

Also...dolls...creep..me ..the hades out. Watched way too many haunted doll videos on youtube to ever be comfortable around them XD Even if half of those videos are fake...
X0JktGl.png
1 2 3