Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Unpopular opinion? Maybe
1 2 3
[quote name="@EndraPhoenix" date="2018-06-05 18:43:19" ] Yeah I can see how it gets annoying. When I first saw/heard the joke I decided to go along a bit but now it's just so annoying. Anytime *anything* water related happens it's always "What's a water flight?" I get a bit tired of seeing it myself. Its honestly as bad as shadow and plague getting bad reps, if not worse at this point. I can't imagine how annoying it must be to be in water because of it. :| (I like your pfc dragon btw! Solis is pretty <3) [/quote] Exactly!! I'm glad someone agrees. It honestly never got this bad for Shadow when I was in that flight (can't speak for Plague). (And thank you!! He's a dragon I still love looking at all the time, haha.)
@EndraPhoenix wrote on 2018-06-05 18:43:19:
Yeah I can see how it gets annoying. When I first saw/heard the joke I decided to go along a bit but now it's just so annoying. Anytime *anything* water related happens it's always "What's a water flight?" I get a bit tired of seeing it myself. Its honestly as bad as shadow and plague getting bad reps, if not worse at this point. I can't imagine how annoying it must be to be in water because of it. :|
(I like your pfc dragon btw! Solis is pretty <3)

Exactly!! I'm glad someone agrees. It honestly never got this bad for Shadow when I was in that flight (can't speak for Plague).

(And thank you!! He's a dragon I still love looking at all the time, haha.)
QjxN3Ta.jpg
[quote name="VENNY" date="2018-06-05 18:13:57" ] can't make fun of something that doesn't exist man its okay no one means any harm by it. Lets make a list of things to make fun of for other flights while I'm here though: Earth: dirt. Booooring. And hasn't there dad been asleep this whole time? Wind: left for the wyrmwound for like 3 years without saying a word Fire: every anime protagonist Shadow: edgy™ Light: holier than thou I love you light don't hurt me also deity created a dragon that if they die together makes an insane giant zombie dragon abomination Ice: dad has t i n y ears, also their territory is melting away rip ice peeps lightning: dad yells a lot about work, meanwhile the members of lightning are total statistic nerds Arcanist: LITERALLY almost ended the world, everyone blames him for stuff Nature: almost as boring as earth. Mom has a beard. Everyone's a hippie. Plague: also edgy™ (this is for laughs okay guys don't take anything personal) [/quote] ^Very accurate. Very very accurate. And it's funny sometimes, granted.
VENNY wrote on 2018-06-05 18:13:57:
can't make fun of something that doesn't exist man its okay no one means any harm by it. Lets make a list of things to make fun of for other flights while I'm here though:

Earth: dirt. Booooring. And hasn't there dad been asleep this whole time?
Wind: left for the wyrmwound for like 3 years without saying a word
Fire: every anime protagonist
Shadow: edgy™
Light: holier than thou I love you light don't hurt me also deity created a dragon that if they die together makes an insane giant zombie dragon abomination
Ice: dad has t i n y ears, also their territory is melting away rip ice peeps
lightning: dad yells a lot about work, meanwhile the members of lightning are total statistic nerds
Arcanist: LITERALLY almost ended the world, everyone blames him for stuff
Nature: almost as boring as earth. Mom has a beard. Everyone's a hippie.
Plague: also edgy™

(this is for laughs okay guys don't take anything personal)

^Very accurate. Very very accurate. And it's funny sometimes, granted.
I don’t bite.
@PopatoPips op's sibling here and uhhhh triggered jokes arent funny, they're just plain rude. don't be a jerk and make fun of folks with mental illness, kay?

But yeah, I agree with my sis. The joke's played out at this point and annoying, not original or funny-.-
@PopatoPips op's sibling here and uhhhh triggered jokes arent funny, they're just plain rude. don't be a jerk and make fun of folks with mental illness, kay?

But yeah, I agree with my sis. The joke's played out at this point and annoying, not original or funny-.-
iApd2bE.gif ogUNzPH.gif Currently Grinding:Blooming Grove
Kelpie • 26 • +3 frt • novarian • multiplicity
WNbQ4hY.png
Discord: Kelpie#3511usd shopwishlist
t97RYJM.png
I can kinda understand the whole “plague is edgy” thing because, well just LOOK at Plague mom and the whole aesthetic of the plague territory, a land that is literally made of diseases, rot, bones, and creepy crawling nastiness. It’s going to naturally attract people who have interests that others might find odd, abnormal, morbid, or edgy. And nothing wrong with that!

But shadow? What’s so “edgy” about shadow? I picked it because it seemed kind of haunted & spooky, a little magicky & witchy, and that aesthetic was more appealing to me (by just a bit) than the gore & rot of plague (but oh those gorgeous red eyes!) I’m not so much a fan of the whole “trickster” thing, but being tricky doesn’t seem very edgy to me either.

Does it tend to attract a certain kind of user (Goths? Metalheads? Juggalos?) that many people tend to associate with “edgelordiness”? Or???
I can kinda understand the whole “plague is edgy” thing because, well just LOOK at Plague mom and the whole aesthetic of the plague territory, a land that is literally made of diseases, rot, bones, and creepy crawling nastiness. It’s going to naturally attract people who have interests that others might find odd, abnormal, morbid, or edgy. And nothing wrong with that!

But shadow? What’s so “edgy” about shadow? I picked it because it seemed kind of haunted & spooky, a little magicky & witchy, and that aesthetic was more appealing to me (by just a bit) than the gore & rot of plague (but oh those gorgeous red eyes!) I’m not so much a fan of the whole “trickster” thing, but being tricky doesn’t seem very edgy to me either.

Does it tend to attract a certain kind of user (Goths? Metalheads? Juggalos?) that many people tend to associate with “edgelordiness”? Or???
Dappervolk ID #27689
Rbf96Oh.gifCuK85yM.pngtRNevRC.gif
[quote name="ChaosOtter" date="2018-06-05 19:20:50" ] @/PopatoPips op's sibling here and uhhhh triggered jokes arent funny, they're just plain rude. don't be a jerk and make fun of folks with mental illness, kay? [/quote] [size=2]I think they meant it in the sense of the definition of that word, though? Like, "to be set off/annoyed by something"? I understand that it's also used by those with PTSD, but I don't believe that's what was being referred to here, unless there's something wrong with using that word in general? I'm not really sure tbh[/size] Anyway, I'm kinda indifferent to the joke. Sometimes it's a bit amusing if it's done cleverly, but it usually is a rather bland "Water, who dat?".
ChaosOtter wrote on 2018-06-05 19:20:50:
@/PopatoPips op's sibling here and uhhhh triggered jokes arent funny, they're just plain rude. don't be a jerk and make fun of folks with mental illness, kay?
I think they meant it in the sense of the definition of that word, though? Like, "to be set off/annoyed by something"? I understand that it's also used by those with PTSD, but I don't believe that's what was being referred to here, unless there's something wrong with using that word in general? I'm not really sure tbh

Anyway, I'm kinda indifferent to the joke. Sometimes it's a bit amusing if it's done cleverly, but it usually is a rather bland "Water, who dat?".
1vAtYxM.png
3EXA1Nv.png
@butcherbaby

I believe it's because of the general aesthetic: endless darkness, secrecy, literal bats for dragons, dark eye color, dark-colored fest apparel/dragons... I never considered it edgy myself but I can get why people stereotype it that way.
@butcherbaby

I believe it's because of the general aesthetic: endless darkness, secrecy, literal bats for dragons, dark eye color, dark-colored fest apparel/dragons... I never considered it edgy myself but I can get why people stereotype it that way.
QjxN3Ta.jpg
Your diety literally disappeared, blame site lore. Before it was a joke (I think someone started it for some battle? Can't recall, but everything was REDACTED for laughs) but then staff made it a official "thing"? It's basically a meme at this point and good luck getting people to stop with thoes
Your diety literally disappeared, blame site lore. Before it was a joke (I think someone started it for some battle? Can't recall, but everything was REDACTED for laughs) but then staff made it a official "thing"? It's basically a meme at this point and good luck getting people to stop with thoes
~She/her~
Don't be afraid to ping me
nature_small.png #UnnamedIsValid
Let them fight!
[quote name="@Verdant" date="2018-06-05 19:39:59" ] Your diety literally disappeared, blame site lore. Before it was a joke (I think someone started it for some battle? Can't recall, but everything was REDACTED for laughs) but then staff made it a official "thing"? It's basically a meme at this point and good luck getting people to stop with thoes [/quote] I'm not trying to get them to stop, though? I was just saying I was tired of seeing it, that's all. And I do know how it started, btw, no need to be so abrasive about it.
@Verdant wrote on 2018-06-05 19:39:59:

I'm not trying to get them to stop, though? I was just saying I was tired of seeing it, that's all. And I do know how it started, btw, no need to be so abrasive about it.
QjxN3Ta.jpg
@butcherbaby ...lol im plague...and legit not edgy (unless being plague automatically makes on edgy?)? People seem to forget that flights aren't the sum of their colors and sceneries. They have a force that moves behind it. Plaguemama may be the Goddess of Disease, but she is also the Goddess of Survival. I chose to ignore the gross aesthetic to focus on that Survival aspect. It is why my clan is lored as Nomadic rather than stationary. Nomadic people are the very essence of survival.

Actually I find Light more Edgy tbh. Light, the flight of Knowledge and Good (in most RPG Light is aka "holy") ...yet their beloved Goddess is the cause of the hideous abomination known as Emperor dragons. Yeah something is a bit rotten in that flight for sure >.>
@butcherbaby ...lol im plague...and legit not edgy (unless being plague automatically makes on edgy?)? People seem to forget that flights aren't the sum of their colors and sceneries. They have a force that moves behind it. Plaguemama may be the Goddess of Disease, but she is also the Goddess of Survival. I chose to ignore the gross aesthetic to focus on that Survival aspect. It is why my clan is lored as Nomadic rather than stationary. Nomadic people are the very essence of survival.

Actually I find Light more Edgy tbh. Light, the flight of Knowledge and Good (in most RPG Light is aka "holy") ...yet their beloved Goddess is the cause of the hideous abomination known as Emperor dragons. Yeah something is a bit rotten in that flight for sure >.>
X0JktGl.png
@vantrums

I can sympathize with your feeling of annoyance over this old meme (link)
, since it feels a lot like an old memory from family gatherings, like "remember how you walked into that glass door, HAHA, classic" (for the sake of an example). The "water flight does not exist" joke is not the same level of silly as "illuminate confirmed" since it points toward a group of actual people. Though that is just my sentiment.
@vantrums

I can sympathize with your feeling of annoyance over this old meme (link)
, since it feels a lot like an old memory from family gatherings, like "remember how you walked into that glass door, HAHA, classic" (for the sake of an example). The "water flight does not exist" joke is not the same level of silly as "illuminate confirmed" since it points toward a group of actual people. Though that is just my sentiment.
1 2 3