Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | About the technology level in Sornieth..
1 2
About that question and answer in the ask the team thread... [quote][quote]Quote: Following up on that question about internet in Sornieth, what is exactly the technological level in the Shifting Expanse? We know about robots, but can they create AI and/or powerful computers? Also, is this kept from other Flights or are they allowed to trade for such advanced technology?[/quote] R-robots? *cough* I think you mean golems. Which are like a totally different thing. There are no computers or AI at this time. Most of the technology could be compared to the electricity, steam, and machine innovations [b]created through the 1920's[/b] but given a distinctly fantasy/Sornieth bent.[/quote] So, if the current tecnology level in Sornieth is somewhere like the one of the 1920's, if we give the dragons enough time they will eventually come up with their dragon-esque cellphones, computers, etc?
About that question and answer in the ask the team thread...
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Following up on that question about internet in Sornieth, what is exactly the technological level in the Shifting Expanse? We know about robots, but can they create AI and/or powerful computers? Also, is this kept from other Flights or are they allowed to trade for such advanced technology?

R-robots? *cough* I think you mean golems. Which are like a totally different thing.

There are no computers or AI at this time. Most of the technology could be compared to the electricity, steam, and machine innovations created through the 1920's but given a distinctly fantasy/Sornieth bent.

So, if the current tecnology level in Sornieth is somewhere like the one of the 1920's, if we give the dragons enough time they will eventually come up with their dragon-esque cellphones, computers, etc?
ElderlyGivingDutchshepherddog-max-1mb.gif
@Rinwood

That might depend on if they are needed. Dragons may already be ableo communicate over long distance with magic, or perhaps do calculations super rapidly without tech. So, maybe so maybe not.
@Rinwood

That might depend on if they are needed. Dragons may already be ableo communicate over long distance with magic, or perhaps do calculations super rapidly without tech. So, maybe so maybe not.
dbpwq3g-7e9d6c9e-85a8-4b9c-bcbd-2d891aef0130.png
It would only make sense. I hope it canonicaly does, because otherwise lightning doesn't actually do anything.
It would only make sense. I hope it canonicaly does, because otherwise lightning doesn't actually do anything.
Steampunk dragons, man. I'd say they have flying machines, but unless you're a snapper that is irrelevant to most dragons.
Steampunk dragons, man. I'd say they have flying machines, but unless you're a snapper that is irrelevant to most dragons.
tumblr_m6xdvx86E31rnf5opo7_500.gif
[quote name="Lightningwind" date="2018-05-03 13:41:35" ] It would only make sense. I hope it canonicaly does, because otherwise lightning doesn't actually do anything. [/quote] All flights should do at least [i]something[/i] to assist with technology development. Fire can make Ovens and Stoves, Ice can make Fridges and Freezers, Light can make... Lightbulbs... Stuff like that, y'know?
Lightningwind wrote on 2018-05-03 13:41:35:
All flights should do at least something to assist with technology development. Fire can make Ovens and Stoves, Ice can make Fridges and Freezers, Light can make... Lightbulbs... Stuff like that, y'know?
FR Time +3 | He/Him | I can be pretty strange at times
@FlareTheDragon
The thing is, those dragons don't need that kind of technology. Ice can already freeze things, light can already make light, fire can already heat things up. It'd be redundant for them to make things that do what they can already do perfectly fine themselves.
Maybe dragons exalted to lightning from other flights could help create those things, or might inspire those things, but they wouldn't be at the forefront of their creation because it doesn't benefit them. Lightning dergs, on the other hand, can't reliably cook or store their food, or generate light, so they'd make stuff to do it for them.
@FlareTheDragon
The thing is, those dragons don't need that kind of technology. Ice can already freeze things, light can already make light, fire can already heat things up. It'd be redundant for them to make things that do what they can already do perfectly fine themselves.
Maybe dragons exalted to lightning from other flights could help create those things, or might inspire those things, but they wouldn't be at the forefront of their creation because it doesn't benefit them. Lightning dergs, on the other hand, can't reliably cook or store their food, or generate light, so they'd make stuff to do it for them.
@Lightningwind Still, you get my point, right?
@Lightningwind Still, you get my point, right?
FR Time +3 | He/Him | I can be pretty strange at times
@FlareTheDragon
Of course. I just don't want any of the other flights stealing our thunder
@FlareTheDragon
Of course. I just don't want any of the other flights stealing our thunder
The earliest prototypes of TVs were being created somewhere around that time period so some dragons/organizations/ect having really primitive screens as an expensive luxury thing might not be entirely out of the question, especially if the technology in question uses magic in it's design. Possibly a special variant of something like a scrying orb?
The earliest prototypes of TVs were being created somewhere around that time period so some dragons/organizations/ect having really primitive screens as an expensive luxury thing might not be entirely out of the question, especially if the technology in question uses magic in it's design. Possibly a special variant of something like a scrying orb?
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
Considering Ridgebacks already borrow enough things, I wouldn't be surprised if we borrowed the (technological) ability to freeze our food, etc, etc. xD

Also, wouldn't we already have really nice lightbulbs/lighting? A lot of us live underground.
Considering Ridgebacks already borrow enough things, I wouldn't be surprised if we borrowed the (technological) ability to freeze our food, etc, etc. xD

Also, wouldn't we already have really nice lightbulbs/lighting? A lot of us live underground.
FR_Sig_LightningElektra.pngFR_Sig_BlastersBassdrive.pngStormheart.gifFR_Sig_SpaceFractal.pngFR_Sig_G1sSkyfall.png
1 2