Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What is the technology in your lairs?
1 2
As in like, what kinds? Mideival or modern? 1800s or other? Mine is really advanced in the future.

My dragons use things I call Technomagic which basically is machines that run off of magical energies, like a robot fueled by lightning energy!

What about you guys?
As in like, what kinds? Mideival or modern? 1800s or other? Mine is really advanced in the future.

My dragons use things I call Technomagic which basically is machines that run off of magical energies, like a robot fueled by lightning energy!

What about you guys?
nature8.png x Iron Belt Buckle Current
Count:
Buckles
xx xxxxxxxxxxxxx treasure.png
^My Goals!^
fc4zvun.png
rI18gRz.png
mlHpBMC.png
o4KdtaP.png
VjdktqS.png
Sorrowspark#0101
since my lore is still super underdeveloped (whoopsies) i only have a vague general idea, but...

basically, the inventors in my clan know technologies like light and stuff exist, but they simply dont have the funds to buy it (i headcanon stuff from the lightning flight is super expensive) and dont know how to make it, either. basically, they've attempted to create their own machines and lighting, but it still doesnt work very well, so my clan sticks to torches n stuff
since my lore is still super underdeveloped (whoopsies) i only have a vague general idea, but...

basically, the inventors in my clan know technologies like light and stuff exist, but they simply dont have the funds to buy it (i headcanon stuff from the lightning flight is super expensive) and dont know how to make it, either. basically, they've attempted to create their own machines and lighting, but it still doesnt work very well, so my clan sticks to torches n stuff
ice.gif
my lore is garbage but i'll try and describe my basic idea for it lmao

my lair is medieval-based so they mostly go by candlelight and things of that sort. the lightning flight, to my dragons, are probably the most technically advanced but since my clan is so far out in the icefields it takes forever for the technology to be exported and reach them, though they probably couldn't work it properly without the help of the residential lightning dragon lol
my lore is garbage but i'll try and describe my basic idea for it lmao

my lair is medieval-based so they mostly go by candlelight and things of that sort. the lightning flight, to my dragons, are probably the most technically advanced but since my clan is so far out in the icefields it takes forever for the technology to be exported and reach them, though they probably couldn't work it properly without the help of the residential lightning dragon lol
tumblr_inline_n7ei59fd7u1rg0g8s.gif
Technology-wise, my lair is in the 1400s (go printing press!), but if you account for all the magic and enchantments they use, then they're living in like the 1800s to even early 1900s.
Technology-wise, my lair is in the 1400s (go printing press!), but if you account for all the magic and enchantments they use, then they're living in like the 1800s to even early 1900s.
angy.png FR time +3
they/them
Water Dom Org
...............................water-swon.png
Pff my clan’s technology is waaay behind. They’ve got stuff comparable to the medieval ages, so they’ve already got stuff like levers, wedges, pullies, inclined planes, wheels, etc., but that’s pretty much it. It also doesn’t help that they’re hermits who hate the outside world and refuse to learn from other clans, so..

We got a handful of Light, Lightning and Fire dragons who are in charge of lighting torches, and dragons are allowed to use magic and enchantments to help during battles and hunts, but that’s pretty much all the magic we use.
Pff my clan’s technology is waaay behind. They’ve got stuff comparable to the medieval ages, so they’ve already got stuff like levers, wedges, pullies, inclined planes, wheels, etc., but that’s pretty much it. It also doesn’t help that they’re hermits who hate the outside world and refuse to learn from other clans, so..

We got a handful of Light, Lightning and Fire dragons who are in charge of lighting torches, and dragons are allowed to use magic and enchantments to help during battles and hunts, but that’s pretty much all the magic we use.
60bawEH.png hiya thar, it's me, an absolute trashbag
?jKX9k=party.png
pokefarm
Mine is in medieval age as well. While I don't have an actual lore written for that, I like to have my lair in this time. It's the best for aesthetic reason too.
Mine is in medieval age as well. While I don't have an actual lore written for that, I like to have my lair in this time. It's the best for aesthetic reason too.
My clan's pretty much on par with Dwemer tech from The Elder Scrolls, maybe slightly more "advanced". I mean, the lair's based on Dwemer settlements: they have hydraulics and steam stuff but they also have robots (for various purposes) powered by magic. The dragon behind the robots also made fully functional bionic limbs for a few residents, and the lair has its own metal band who have instruments and amps and speakers and stuff, probably also powered by Lightning magic of some sort.
I might need to stock up on Lightning dragons to back this lore up- like I have a lot from when I was in Lightning but you can never have too many of those amazing cyan eyes hehe
My clan's pretty much on par with Dwemer tech from The Elder Scrolls, maybe slightly more "advanced". I mean, the lair's based on Dwemer settlements: they have hydraulics and steam stuff but they also have robots (for various purposes) powered by magic. The dragon behind the robots also made fully functional bionic limbs for a few residents, and the lair has its own metal band who have instruments and amps and speakers and stuff, probably also powered by Lightning magic of some sort.
I might need to stock up on Lightning dragons to back this lore up- like I have a lot from when I was in Lightning but you can never have too many of those amazing cyan eyes hehe
cbaa17a5a06daa6a78029fcf8763b4844dd0e1a6.png .
...he/him | FR+8
@Fire lairs - please let me know
if you hatch a mint/ruby/hunter
dragon! I have a mighty need.
....OjYCOIV.png
Ooh! My clan has super advanced machinery (utilising magic energy), the lair is built into a huge set of caverns and there are wires running throughout the walls. There's lighting, mechanical doors, and a secret superintelligent AI recently finished to keep track of everything. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40906531][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/409066/40906531.png[/img][/url] Due to our seclusion, outsiders have NO idea how advanced we really are. When I first joined the site I was in Lightning, then moved to Ice. I like to think that my dragons took that technological flair with them and continued creating advanced machinery. What we do NOT have however is any advanced weapons, everything we use to fight is basic like claws, etc, magic or just good ol' handheld weaponry. No one has the will to create deadly machines.
Ooh! My clan has super advanced machinery (utilising magic energy), the lair is built into a huge set of caverns and there are wires running throughout the walls. There's lighting, mechanical doors, and a secret superintelligent AI recently finished to keep track of everything.

40906531.png
Due to our seclusion, outsiders have NO idea how advanced we really are.

When I first joined the site I was in Lightning, then moved to Ice. I like to think that my dragons took that technological flair with them and continued creating advanced machinery. What we do NOT have however is any advanced weapons, everything we use to fight is basic like claws, etc, magic or just good ol' handheld weaponry. No one has the will to create deadly machines.
I don't have a clue, do you? // Aberrant Cauldron Project

I'm not in the fandom, so it's not a fanlair(used in the same way fandragon is) thing. But Harry Potter except without much magic.

Working mechanical things, just not really electricity too much. Gas lamps and candles are used. Also, their preservation of old-timey things has stopped them from using certain technologies.

Their *village* is rather tudor-y and medieval-y. All technology cannot break the medieval feel of the village. The board(the clan's rulers) would all faint if a power line was in so much a 5 mile radius of the place.

I'm not in the fandom, so it's not a fanlair(used in the same way fandragon is) thing. But Harry Potter except without much magic.

Working mechanical things, just not really electricity too much. Gas lamps and candles are used. Also, their preservation of old-timey things has stopped them from using certain technologies.

Their *village* is rather tudor-y and medieval-y. All technology cannot break the medieval feel of the village. The board(the clan's rulers) would all faint if a power line was in so much a 5 mile radius of the place.
my clan is kinda just relaxed astronomers so they have telescopes and paper to track meteors.
my clan is kinda just relaxed astronomers so they have telescopes and paper to track meteors.
Candies.gif
1 2