Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Thundersnow Hub
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
@CometOS [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37671399][img]https://i.imgur.com/bUGhLRk.png[/img][/url][/center] Steve: I know it looks really suspicious that I turned the switch for the thermostat and suddenly the desert is frozen... but I only like causing mischief and mild aggravation with my pranks, not actual harm. I wouldn't intentionally do something that would cause this sort of damage, with the alchemical waste reacting to the snow and creating ice monsters, supply routes being in danger, and... nests being threatened, eggs lost. Heck, I don't even like being cold - I like being cold as much as I like water. No thank you. Is there anything I can do about the lost eggs? We should definitely look into the cause of all of this, to determine if there was foul play or if it was just a freak accident. And if there was something nefarious going on here, perhaps we should... think about some revenge.
@CometOS
bUGhLRk.png

Steve: I know it looks really suspicious that I turned the switch for the thermostat and suddenly the desert is frozen... but I only like causing mischief and mild aggravation with my pranks, not actual harm. I wouldn't intentionally do something that would cause this sort of damage, with the alchemical waste reacting to the snow and creating ice monsters, supply routes being in danger, and... nests being threatened, eggs lost. Heck, I don't even like being cold - I like being cold as much as I like water. No thank you.

Is there anything I can do about the lost eggs?

We should definitely look into the cause of all of this, to determine if there was foul play or if it was just a freak accident. And if there was something nefarious going on here, perhaps we should... think about some revenge.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
"Lost eggs are Lost eggs." Comet snapped. No, not Comet, It was a different dragon speaking through comet. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31235346] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/312354/31235346_350.png[/img] [/url] "Unless you can revive dead and frozen dragonets that havn't even grown wings yet you cant do a thing." The dragon snapped. "Comet, remember you built that thing that let's me detect other dragon's minds through you? Turn it on." he growled.
"Lost eggs are Lost eggs."
Comet snapped. No, not Comet, It was a different dragon speaking through comet.

31235346_350.png

"Unless you can revive dead and frozen dragonets that havn't even grown wings yet you cant do a thing."
The dragon snapped.

"Comet, remember you built that thing that let's me detect other dragon's minds through you? Turn it on."
he growled.

dfO3Xwj.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1648732] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/16488/1648732_350.png[/img] [/url] Tropical pulled Somnus aside on his way to forage for resources in the quarantine zone. Things had gotten more dangerous since the incident last week, but the forays were still going out and stocking the larders. In chaotic times where the threat of war was real, it paid to be prepared. It also paid to not overreact. This was one of Rabhas’ best traits in Tropical’s opinion. That mirror was so fond of data, he could have been an engineer in Tropical’s own flight. He shook his head, if only he wasn’t so obsessed with biological experimentation. “My child, you need to relax. There is no need to upset yourself. The armistice may be over, but the Plaguebringer and the Gladekeeper have enjoyed thousands of years of coexistence. War will not come over a simple biocontrol failure. Clans with Lightning dragons are sending help to the Shifting Expanse. I will lead a small group of trainees tomorrow, but I wanted you to know everything is going to be fine. Things change, but here at the Wyrmwound’s edge we are used to change. I have felt it, you have felt it. It is as it has always been. Stay calm. Listen to our leader. I will be back soon. If you need to talk to another spark, Era is staying behind to facilitate communication. Your job now is to train - for Plaguebringer and the Stormcatcher. They both expect you to struggle. To survive.” @DeadlyInformant @CometOS @FeDog @Drakenhart @JonTargaryen @/Rhabdo

1648732_350.png

Tropical pulled Somnus aside on his way to forage for resources in the quarantine zone. Things had gotten more dangerous since the incident last week, but the forays were still going out and stocking the larders. In chaotic times where the threat of war was real, it paid to be prepared. It also paid to not overreact. This was one of Rabhas’ best traits in Tropical’s opinion. That mirror was so fond of data, he could have been an engineer in Tropical’s own flight. He shook his head, if only he wasn’t so obsessed with biological experimentation.

“My child, you need to relax. There is no need to upset yourself. The armistice may be over, but the Plaguebringer and the Gladekeeper have enjoyed thousands of years of coexistence. War will not come over a simple biocontrol failure. Clans with Lightning dragons are sending help to the Shifting Expanse. I will lead a small group of trainees tomorrow, but I wanted you to know everything is going to be fine. Things change, but here at the Wyrmwound’s edge we are used to change. I have felt it, you have felt it. It is as it has always been. Stay calm. Listen to our leader. I will be back soon. If you need to talk to another spark, Era is staying behind to facilitate communication. Your job now is to train - for Plaguebringer and the Stormcatcher. They both expect you to struggle. To survive.”

@DeadlyInformant @CometOS @FeDog @Drakenhart @JonTargaryen @/Rhabdo
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3135925] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/31360/3135925.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7339586] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/73396/7339586.png[/img] [/url][/center] Ashton rode in the end car along with the Clan's Shadow Flight Representative. Every feather along his crest itched everything she looked over at him. In her claws was a strange string game, something she called a "Floracat's cradle". Several attempts to teach him the game left him entangled in the string loop time and again. Instead, he now rooted through his travel chest, counting and recounting his tools. It wasn't that he didn't trust the Skydancer, more it was his way of calming himself. [i]Everything had a place, and everything was in it's place - ready for use at a moment's notice.[/i] The train slid to a bumping halt. They were are the borderlands. From outside someone called out ,"Ophelia, your presence is needed mi-lady." His skydancer companion rose from her seat and stepped from the rear door of the rear train carriage. Ashton stifled a snort. She wasn't a "lady". Maybe she held some royal or high-born blood in her veins, but she was not a lady. Delicate in feature, she was a ruthless mage with the ability to twist things every which way by only using her words. A poisonous politician with a candy coating, that was Ophelia. He mused in silence as he watched her leave. Then with a silent step, he approached the train car side window. Smiling she greeted the Shadow emmisaries in some strange ritualistic fashion. It was all too much. He turned back and wondered. Would they ever get there? After a few moments, Ophelia re-entered the train car. "I'm afraid I have bad news." Ashton grimaced, "do they need something from us?" "No, not exactly. You see," she waved a hand as if Ashton's concerns were of no matter, but her choice of wording left a cold chill creep up his tail to the base of his spine. He tilted his head to one side, crest raised by a fraction, listening as she continued. "There is a monster wrecking havoc not too far from here. We can't use the train." "What?!" Every muscle along his legs tightened as he stood up to his full height, wings drooped open by a fraction. The trackline coming from the Viridian Labyrinth started as a foot path, ended at a bare-rail bucket car at the junction where Nature, Light and Shadow domains touched. From here they were able to transfer the supplies of coffee beans to a proper train, and skirted the borderlands between Light and Shadow for a few miles. Now this? Ashton groaned. The shipment was going to be late. Crap. "By the spines..." Ashton started to say, then snapped his jaw shut. He huffed and paced. "Okay then, what did you arrange?" Ophelia smiled an ingenious smile,"Well now, why would you think that I..." "Can it." Ophelia's smile faltered as Ashton's irritation bled into his words, "I don't have time for this. Every second that ticks by where we talk about this, this shipment is late." Ophelia sniffed, her antennae waved. Then with a grace, she bowed to Ashton and spoke with a softer and kinder tone then he expected from her. "Yes. I did. We have a caravan coming to take us through the tangled wood of Shadow Flight's domain." "What," Ashton turned, confusion creasing his forehead. "is blocking us?" Ophelia paled, he purple tones faded to an almost-Arcanist-pink hues. Her eyes dilated with real fear. "I dare not speak of it...." Ashton's blood chilled. She rarely showed true emotions to anyone. "Tell me." "An Emperor," the words where whispered, hushed, and full of fear. "But those are just tales told to hatchlings to get them to behave." Ashton huffed. Ophelia frowned in return, then reached for a small divining crystal she lept on her person. After the shortened ritualistic set up, it glowed into life and showed an area of Light's Domain. It was destroyed with dead bodies of both beastclan and dragon alike... or what was left of some of them. One dragon, a large guardian, was crushed at an odd angle. Ophelia waved her hands over the crystal and it pulled back and up higher. The guardian lay in the footprint of something vaguely draconic. Ashton glanced up at Ophelia who still concentrated on her work. Returning his gaze to the crystal, the view left him dizzy. It sped past ruined villages, burning homes, and ruins that were even more ruined then before. Finally, just as Ophelia's hands were shaking with the effort, they spied it. Ashton gasped, his body responding with a full on threat display as terror filled his heart. Ophelia responded likewise, hesitated for a moment as if to burn the image into their minds, before she doused the crystal's light and snuffed the candles. They glanced at each other. "Only dieties can take out those... things.... if the stories hold any more truth to them, yes?" Ashton's voice crackled with a soft whine of electrical power. Ophelia nodded her head. "We need Stormcatcher's help." Ophelia said softly. "Why?" Ashton snorted, resettling his feathers and wings. "Because that thing is too close to my homelands, and if Shadowbinder and Lightweaver try to take this out together, they could seriously damage each other. Stormcatcher has the ability to blow this thing part." "Ah I see... is this why you decided to go with me?" Ashton's eyes narrowed. Ophelia sighed, "Yes. Stormcatcher can't be persuaded if he doesn't get his daily intake of good coffee, yes?" "Yes..." Ashton tilted his head to one side. "So.... I will ensue nothing... happens... to this shipment if you ask your Flight's progenitor for help." "ME?!?!?@!?!" Ashton quailed at the thought. "You might as well ask me to find Steve!" "Who's Steve?" Ophelia quirked an eyeridge. "Oh.. uh.. don't worry about it. Point is, I'm not even upper management. Why do you think I could even get near HIM with out dying?" "Because," Ophelia smiled, "you bring the best gift, along with the coffee." "What's that?" Ashton growled. Ophelia motioned towards the windows. Ashton walked over to them, keeping a suspicious glare pinned on Ophelia. When she shrugged, he turned his attention back outside and saw a massive pile of something fluffy. "What is it?" "A mug warmer." @DeadlyInformant @CometOS @FeDog @/Drakenhart @JonTargaryen @Rhabdo

Ashton rode in the end car along with the Clan's Shadow Flight Representative. Every feather along his crest itched everything she looked over at him. In her claws was a strange string game, something she called a "Floracat's cradle". Several attempts to teach him the game left him entangled in the string loop time and again. Instead, he now rooted through his travel chest, counting and recounting his tools. It wasn't that he didn't trust the Skydancer, more it was his way of calming himself.

Everything had a place, and everything was in it's place - ready for use at a moment's notice.

The train slid to a bumping halt. They were are the borderlands. From outside someone called out ,"Ophelia, your presence is needed mi-lady."

His skydancer companion rose from her seat and stepped from the rear door of the rear train carriage. Ashton stifled a snort. She wasn't a "lady". Maybe she held some royal or high-born blood in her veins, but she was not a lady. Delicate in feature, she was a ruthless mage with the ability to twist things every which way by only using her words. A poisonous politician with a candy coating, that was Ophelia.

He mused in silence as he watched her leave. Then with a silent step, he approached the train car side window. Smiling she greeted the Shadow emmisaries in some strange ritualistic fashion. It was all too much. He turned back and wondered. Would they ever get there?

After a few moments, Ophelia re-entered the train car. "I'm afraid I have bad news."

Ashton grimaced, "do they need something from us?"

"No, not exactly. You see," she waved a hand as if Ashton's concerns were of no matter, but her choice of wording left a cold chill creep up his tail to the base of his spine. He tilted his head to one side, crest raised by a fraction, listening as she continued. "There is a monster wrecking havoc not too far from here. We can't use the train."

"What?!" Every muscle along his legs tightened as he stood up to his full height, wings drooped open by a fraction.

The trackline coming from the Viridian Labyrinth started as a foot path, ended at a bare-rail bucket car at the junction where Nature, Light and Shadow domains touched. From here they were able to transfer the supplies of coffee beans to a proper train, and skirted the borderlands between Light and Shadow for a few miles.

Now this? Ashton groaned. The shipment was going to be late.

Crap.

"By the spines..." Ashton started to say, then snapped his jaw shut. He huffed and paced. "Okay then, what did you arrange?"

Ophelia smiled an ingenious smile,"Well now, why would you think that I..."

"Can it." Ophelia's smile faltered as Ashton's irritation bled into his words, "I don't have time for this. Every second that ticks by where we talk about this, this shipment is late."

Ophelia sniffed, her antennae waved. Then with a grace, she bowed to Ashton and spoke with a softer and kinder tone then he expected from her. "Yes. I did. We have a caravan coming to take us through the tangled wood of Shadow Flight's domain."

"What," Ashton turned, confusion creasing his forehead. "is blocking us?"

Ophelia paled, he purple tones faded to an almost-Arcanist-pink hues. Her eyes dilated with real fear. "I dare not speak of it...."

Ashton's blood chilled. She rarely showed true emotions to anyone. "Tell me."

"An Emperor," the words where whispered, hushed, and full of fear.

"But those are just tales told to hatchlings to get them to behave." Ashton huffed. Ophelia frowned in return, then reached for a small divining crystal she lept on her person. After the shortened ritualistic set up, it glowed into life and showed an area of Light's Domain. It was destroyed with dead bodies of both beastclan and dragon alike... or what was left of some of them.

One dragon, a large guardian, was crushed at an odd angle. Ophelia waved her hands over the crystal and it pulled back and up higher. The guardian lay in the footprint of something vaguely draconic. Ashton glanced up at Ophelia who still concentrated on her work. Returning his gaze to the crystal, the view left him dizzy. It sped past ruined villages, burning homes, and ruins that were even more ruined then before. Finally, just as Ophelia's hands were shaking with the effort, they spied it. Ashton gasped, his body responding with a full on threat display as terror filled his heart. Ophelia responded likewise, hesitated for a moment as if to burn the image into their minds, before she doused the crystal's light and snuffed the candles.

They glanced at each other.

"Only dieties can take out those... things.... if the stories hold any more truth to them, yes?" Ashton's voice crackled with a soft whine of electrical power. Ophelia nodded her head.

"We need Stormcatcher's help." Ophelia said softly.

"Why?" Ashton snorted, resettling his feathers and wings.

"Because that thing is too close to my homelands, and if Shadowbinder and Lightweaver try to take this out together, they could seriously damage each other. Stormcatcher has the ability to blow this thing part."

"Ah I see... is this why you decided to go with me?" Ashton's eyes narrowed.

Ophelia sighed, "Yes. Stormcatcher can't be persuaded if he doesn't get his daily intake of good coffee, yes?"

"Yes..." Ashton tilted his head to one side.

"So.... I will ensue nothing... happens... to this shipment if you ask your Flight's progenitor for help."

"ME?!?!?@!?!" Ashton quailed at the thought. "You might as well ask me to find Steve!"

"Who's Steve?" Ophelia quirked an eyeridge.

"Oh.. uh.. don't worry about it. Point is, I'm not even upper management. Why do you think I could even get near HIM with out dying?"

"Because," Ophelia smiled, "you bring the best gift, along with the coffee."

"What's that?" Ashton growled.

Ophelia motioned towards the windows. Ashton walked over to them, keeping a suspicious glare pinned on Ophelia. When she shrugged, he turned his attention back outside and saw a massive pile of something fluffy. "What is it?"

"A mug warmer."

@DeadlyInformant @CometOS @FeDog @/Drakenhart @JonTargaryen @Rhabdo
Comet's head snapped up, and Matrix was cut off.
"That's not good."
He growled. "I may be able to hold it off, but noone but a deity or at least someone with their po-"
He froze, realizing something. Not had he been built up in the tempest spire, so he MIGHT have a bit of stormcatcher's strength (but certainly not enough to make a storm or take down an emperor)
But he was standing infront of Steve, who radiated power like a mini Stormcatcher!

"Steve. This is a chance of redemption. Sure, It's probably really stupid, but there is an emperor blocking the coffee supply, and you radiate as much power as the coffee Stormcatcher drinks, almost as if you swam in it. Maybe, together, we could DELAY the emperor. Of course we aren't deity's. So not kill it, but I don't think we'll die easily."

He winced as he watched the Emporor break down a building through a Camera ontop of the spire.

"At least, not as easily as the dragon's dying already."

Then he watched a dragon fly at the emperor. She launched at the emperor's neck but was swatted down by a huge Tendril, and Comet barely suppressed a face-talon.
definitely not as easily.

@DeadlyInformant @/CometOS @FeDog @Drakenhart @JonTargaryen @Rhabdo
Comet's head snapped up, and Matrix was cut off.
"That's not good."
He growled. "I may be able to hold it off, but noone but a deity or at least someone with their po-"
He froze, realizing something. Not had he been built up in the tempest spire, so he MIGHT have a bit of stormcatcher's strength (but certainly not enough to make a storm or take down an emperor)
But he was standing infront of Steve, who radiated power like a mini Stormcatcher!

"Steve. This is a chance of redemption. Sure, It's probably really stupid, but there is an emperor blocking the coffee supply, and you radiate as much power as the coffee Stormcatcher drinks, almost as if you swam in it. Maybe, together, we could DELAY the emperor. Of course we aren't deity's. So not kill it, but I don't think we'll die easily."

He winced as he watched the Emporor break down a building through a Camera ontop of the spire.

"At least, not as easily as the dragon's dying already."

Then he watched a dragon fly at the emperor. She launched at the emperor's neck but was swatted down by a huge Tendril, and Comet barely suppressed a face-talon.
definitely not as easily.

dfO3Xwj.png
@CometOS [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37671399][img]https://i.imgur.com/bUGhLRk.png[/img][/url][/center] Steve: Causing delays? ...I might have done that a few times. Sure, let's go prank an Emperor. I have a few ideas already...
@CometOS
bUGhLRk.png

Steve: Causing delays? ...I might have done that a few times.

Sure, let's go prank an Emperor. I have a few ideas already...
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32160019] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/321601/32160019_350.png[/img] [/url] Comet grinned. "Ya-know Steve I was picturing you to be a lot more malicious. Alot more Evil. But now I see your not those at all! Your good natured and looked devastated when I told you about Ichor and Matrix's eggs. Let's go start a snowball fight with an emperor!" "Arf!" Comet's river flight agreed excitedly, quickly hiding something shiny in it's mouth. @DeadlyInformant @/CometOS @FeDog @Drakenhart @JonTargaryen @Rhabdo

32160019_350.png

Comet grinned.
"Ya-know Steve I was picturing you to be a lot more malicious. Alot more Evil.
But now I see your not those at all! Your good natured and looked devastated when I told you about Ichor and Matrix's eggs. Let's go start a snowball fight with an emperor!"

"Arf!"
Comet's river flight agreed excitedly, quickly hiding something shiny in it's mouth.
dfO3Xwj.png
@CometOS [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37671399][img]https://i.imgur.com/bUGhLRk.png[/img][/url][/center] Steve: For maximum efficiency, I am bringing some of these with me: [item=golem gauntlet] They can help us bombard the Emperor with snowballs. And if the Emperor is looking for a culprit, he can chase this guy... [item=frost delver] We can program the Frost Delver to take a route that leads an Emperor into a trap. We just have to think of... an Emperor-sized trap.
@CometOS
bUGhLRk.png

Steve: For maximum efficiency, I am bringing some of these with me:

Golem Gauntlet

They can help us bombard the Emperor with snowballs.

And if the Emperor is looking for a culprit, he can chase this guy...

Frost Delver

We can program the Frost Delver to take a route that leads an Emperor into a trap. We just have to think of... an Emperor-sized trap.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37418882] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/374189/37418882_350.png[/img] [/url] "Emperor? Where? WAAAAAHHH !!!" Pascal shouted, barely avoiding the attack of the giant dragon. [i]Pascal was a large tundra addicted to work and coffee. He never left work before, but it seems that the topic of Stormcatcher's coffee was quite interesting to give up productivity and to do something else: Checking what happens outside of work[/i] "Ymmmm, okay...? WHAT IS THIS?! YOU! YOU big reptile... because of you I have interrupted my valuable work!" He began to bombard Emperor with a huge amount of snowballs @DeadlyInformant @CometOS @FeDog @Drakenhart @JonTargaryen @Rhabdo @/Techmox

37418882_350.png

"Emperor? Where? WAAAAAHHH !!!"

Pascal shouted, barely avoiding the attack of the giant dragon.

Pascal was a large tundra addicted to work and coffee. He never left work before, but it seems that the topic of Stormcatcher's coffee was quite interesting to give up productivity and to do something else: Checking what happens outside of work

"Ymmmm, okay...? WHAT IS THIS?!
YOU! YOU big reptile... because of you I have interrupted my valuable work!"

He began to bombard Emperor with a huge amount of snowballs

@DeadlyInformant @CometOS @FeDog @Drakenhart @JonTargaryen @Rhabdo @/Techmox
NB43KMu.png
@DeadlyInformant @CometOS @FeDog @Drakenhart @/JonTargaryen @Rhabdo @Techmox The Emperor raised its heads, looking around to see what was hitting it with these frozen objects. And then right in front of the Emperor, was a very large robot, beeping and whirring: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/7594.png[/img] The robot started rolling away, and then the Emperor couldn't see it anymore. [i]Where did it go? [/i] The Emperor wanted a good chase... There came the sound of music, that Steve had programmed into the Frost Delver. [i]We're no strangers to love You know the rules and so do I A full commitment's what I'm thinking of You wouldn't get this from any other guy I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling Gotta make you understand[/i] The Emperor followed the sound.
@DeadlyInformant @CometOS @FeDog @Drakenhart @/JonTargaryen @Rhabdo @Techmox

The Emperor raised its heads, looking around to see what was hitting it with these frozen objects.

And then right in front of the Emperor, was a very large robot, beeping and whirring:

7594.png

The robot started rolling away, and then the Emperor couldn't see it anymore. Where did it go? The Emperor wanted a good chase...

There came the sound of music, that Steve had programmed into the Frost Delver.

We're no strangers to love
You know the rules and so do I
A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
You wouldn't get this from any other guy
I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
Gotta make you understand

The Emperor followed the sound.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14