Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Your Naming System?
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 17
[quote name="ThisIsGospel" date="2018-03-16 12:10:00" ] Spam randomise until I find a name I like [/quote] Either this or just leave them unnamed forever until I (or someone else thinks of something -points to third page of lair)
ThisIsGospel wrote on 2018-03-16 12:10:00:
Spam randomise until I find a name I like
Either this or just leave them unnamed forever until I (or someone else thinks of something

-points to third page of lair)
Started with candy, went on to food, then drinks, then alcohol, back to candy for a bit, Japanese soups, then any food with blood used in it, now I'm on spices.
Started with candy, went on to food, then drinks, then alcohol, back to candy for a bit, Japanese soups, then any food with blood used in it, now I'm on spices.
Random name thingy
Random name thingy
I name my dragons after either mythology, history, or poisonous plants.
I name my dragons after either mythology, history, or poisonous plants.
She/Hernydra_by_featherblot-d9s5sch.pngFR +3
Usually a random name or words in different languages that have to do with their background story.
Usually a random name or words in different languages that have to do with their background story.
IIN1Zjg.png
In accordance with the tria nomina, or Roman naming conventions.

Males: Praenomen, nomen, cognomen
e.g. Lucius Livius Faustus, Gaius Julius Caesar

Females: Nomen, cognomen
e.g. Julia Agrippina, Lutatia Catulla

Females usually receive the feminine forms of nomina and cognomina, which were inherited from their fathers. The names of a female will differ from that of a male in that a female's nomen and cognomen end in -ia and/or -a, while a male's end in -ius and/or -us, respectively.

The nomen of a dragon denotes his or her gens, or clan (in the familial sense). This is why several of my dragons may have the same or similar nomina (take Agrippina and Caesar): they are simply kin.

I recently have fallen out of adding these names to the dragons' bios, though I may start up the practice again.
In accordance with the tria nomina, or Roman naming conventions.

Males: Praenomen, nomen, cognomen
e.g. Lucius Livius Faustus, Gaius Julius Caesar

Females: Nomen, cognomen
e.g. Julia Agrippina, Lutatia Catulla

Females usually receive the feminine forms of nomina and cognomina, which were inherited from their fathers. The names of a female will differ from that of a male in that a female's nomen and cognomen end in -ia and/or -a, while a male's end in -ius and/or -us, respectively.

The nomen of a dragon denotes his or her gens, or clan (in the familial sense). This is why several of my dragons may have the same or similar nomina (take Agrippina and Caesar): they are simply kin.

I recently have fallen out of adding these names to the dragons' bios, though I may start up the practice again.
left-hori.pngright-hori.png
i go to google translate and punch in random words kind of related to the dragon in question until i find something i like
i go to google translate and punch in random words kind of related to the dragon in question until i find something i like
2KAdknV.pngpixpet_mini_sunobra_pixel.gifLshkoju.pngdragonilluminaticonfirmed.gif
Terms used in music, mostly Italian, for a loose definition of "used". I imagine my lair looks a bit odd to a speaker of the language.
Terms used in music, mostly Italian, for a loose definition of "used". I imagine my lair looks a bit odd to a speaker of the language.
hXx1ctn.png1st_Place.pngegkPazK.png7XI1FUO.pngzMlwDtk.png3rdterra100_by_aavanaa-db6hwka.pngVZ1FSMH.png
I like latin/greek/norse/roman names with meanings for most of my dragons, a couple of my old ones I haven't gotten around to naming yet, and I also have my sylvan dergs that I'm naming after fonts because im skele trash because why not!
I like latin/greek/norse/roman names with meanings for most of my dragons, a couple of my old ones I haven't gotten around to naming yet, and I also have my sylvan dergs that I'm naming after fonts because im skele trash because why not!
aU9WS3E.pngt84msfC.pngJOXfoXi.pngDA41oQ3.pngzQMJOMs.pngS1BatfX.png
T23.gifeu5gY4S.pngmLz7vr5.png8g70fVi.pngB18_R.png
Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows.

Obscure words with definitions that fit the dragon.

Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows.

Obscure words with definitions that fit the dragon.

Seeking Gen1 Flaxen/Midnight,Steel-Abyss/Midnight,Steel-Abyss
KHOiAv3.pnglPpogfJ.pngxGzwQab.pngwsU1mG4.pngdO6FQIW.pnghrbqzip.png7ESWNLx.png7XPr7wW.pngTBH15GG.pngHGGhJuM.pngRYy3HXn.pngU4YPA7B.pngB5yHFLM.png

scribblesisonlydoodling.gif

Koi%20Signature_zpsphzlcqrx.png[/columns]v2.png

oc4pg8L.png

lightsmall3_by_lichtdrache-da7ztog.png

JscoHOG.png

SgonDOb.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 17