Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How do you sell dragons anymore?
1 2 3
Pretty much none of my dragons sell anymore unless I get a new pair at the same time a new gene is released, and gene them up. Give it a couple of moths though, and they don't sell anymore.

You gotta keep up with the trends -- and have a extra stash of money for when the opportunity presents itself.

I find gem genes harder to profit from though, because they are more expensive. With treasure genes you can profit a little from selling one hatchling.
Pretty much none of my dragons sell anymore unless I get a new pair at the same time a new gene is released, and gene them up. Give it a couple of moths though, and they don't sell anymore.

You gotta keep up with the trends -- and have a extra stash of money for when the opportunity presents itself.

I find gem genes harder to profit from though, because they are more expensive. With treasure genes you can profit a little from selling one hatchling.
Looking for
- "runic prince" or "runic king" accent
- Sand/Oilslick/Obsidian Light Wildclaw - can you breed this?
| For sale |
| Fandergs |
___________|
BEGocSN.pngTeeny_Sprite.png
eSXu2YQ.png
fodder dragons have the best value right now and is definitely a good, stable source of income. if you're too lazy to coli there will always be someone out there who will buy your fodder dragons for 6k+, sometimes 7k and more when there's dominance battle happening.
fodder dragons have the best value right now and is definitely a good, stable source of income. if you're too lazy to coli there will always be someone out there who will buy your fodder dragons for 6k+, sometimes 7k and more when there's dominance battle happening.
733EAYl.png
I am someone that buys dragons quite frequently off the AH and the forums to keep. I don't even narrow searches down sometimes I'll just select "Snapper/Male" and go through every single page.

A problem I see is the vast price differences. You'll see one pretty dragon with nice genes be up for 200k+ and go "woooow. so expensive though" and then see another pretty dragon, with nice genes be up for 9kt and be like "what's wrong with it?". There's nothing particularly special or drab about either dragon but because people have different tastes they value dragons differently. Most of my favourite dragons were exalt fodder.

I was under the impression that the general re-sell value for 'normal' dragons was 15kt but boy has that gone down. I know breeding project dragons I've got for 40k-60k are gonna end up being exalted because who will want them? Sucks when you're losing so much.

People are still willing to pay a lot for level 25s, XXX genes, low IDs, G1s etc. (even G1 prices have gone down tbh) so if the dragons you're selling are one of those you'll be fine lmao.
I am someone that buys dragons quite frequently off the AH and the forums to keep. I don't even narrow searches down sometimes I'll just select "Snapper/Male" and go through every single page.

A problem I see is the vast price differences. You'll see one pretty dragon with nice genes be up for 200k+ and go "woooow. so expensive though" and then see another pretty dragon, with nice genes be up for 9kt and be like "what's wrong with it?". There's nothing particularly special or drab about either dragon but because people have different tastes they value dragons differently. Most of my favourite dragons were exalt fodder.

I was under the impression that the general re-sell value for 'normal' dragons was 15kt but boy has that gone down. I know breeding project dragons I've got for 40k-60k are gonna end up being exalted because who will want them? Sucks when you're losing so much.

People are still willing to pay a lot for level 25s, XXX genes, low IDs, G1s etc. (even G1 prices have gone down tbh) so if the dragons you're selling are one of those you'll be fine lmao.
Heart.gif
I don't really sell mine anymore, save for a few rare combos that still fetch a pretty penny (mostly some XXY/XYYs.) I don't like selling them for too much, to begin with, since I'm happier just seeing someone get a dragon that they really like and not having to go broke in the process. I breed for fun, now, as I run an Adoption thread with my sisters, where we give away things we hatch, and it does really well.

As for myself, I really don't buy new permas, for the most part, but regene dragons I already have, instead. I get very attached to my dragons, and lair space is too expensive to bother with constantly. If I do buy a dragon that's not fodder, it will probably be staying around in my lair forever.

If I want to make money with dragons, fodder is the way to go.
I don't really sell mine anymore, save for a few rare combos that still fetch a pretty penny (mostly some XXY/XYYs.) I don't like selling them for too much, to begin with, since I'm happier just seeing someone get a dragon that they really like and not having to go broke in the process. I breed for fun, now, as I run an Adoption thread with my sisters, where we give away things we hatch, and it does really well.

As for myself, I really don't buy new permas, for the most part, but regene dragons I already have, instead. I get very attached to my dragons, and lair space is too expensive to bother with constantly. If I do buy a dragon that's not fodder, it will probably be staying around in my lair forever.

If I want to make money with dragons, fodder is the way to go.
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!
I will say that I saw some really similar comments on 'hopefully the economy will pick up' when weekly registration started up, and I did find that it didn't happen long-term, so be warned.
I will say that I saw some really similar comments on 'hopefully the economy will pick up' when weekly registration started up, and I did find that it didn't happen long-term, so be warned.
mkpoaHZ.png
I reckon there's tons atm due to the mass hatch that just happened with everyone aiming for 40mil IDs. :3
Having said that I've had no issues shifting mine recently but sometimes I'll end up exalting even the matchy gem gened ones. :o
I reckon there's tons atm due to the mass hatch that just happened with everyone aiming for 40mil IDs. :3
Having said that I've had no issues shifting mine recently but sometimes I'll end up exalting even the matchy gem gened ones. :o
A stick of yellow butter with blue butterfly wings. At by MythicalViper!xCmYhaC.pngMA3bre1.png
I only breed fodder, and sell them for 10kt if xyz, 15kt for doubles and 20kt for tripples, if them aren't sold, when they become big (6 day) I exalt. It is going great for me, with that idea. I already sold 4-6 dragons as hatchlings out of ~30 and the some people asked me to get a pm when specific colorcombos would come out. All the others are exalted and I already made more money with the dragons as I bought them for.
I only breed fodder, and sell them for 10kt if xyz, 15kt for doubles and 20kt for tripples, if them aren't sold, when they become big (6 day) I exalt. It is going great for me, with that idea. I already sold 4-6 dragons as hatchlings out of ~30 and the some people asked me to get a pm when specific colorcombos would come out. All the others are exalted and I already made more money with the dragons as I bought them for.
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.giftumblr_n4psrucUbT1s5kckyo1_r1_75sq.gif___________Sj5rDQi.png
I really only breed fodder and mostly just wait until they're adults to train/exalt them myself. Hey, it's basically free fodder! What's not to like?

Though I can see how it would suck from a seller perspective. Unless I see a dragon that really strikes my fancy (which is very rare), I only ever buy fodder that's 8kT or under. And considering how up until the coli revamp the fodder floor has been as low as 6kT for adults at times...I can see how it can be disheartening when your dragons won't sell.

I predict that the improved coli, as well as the influx of new blood during open registration, will help bolster dragon sales at least a little bit.
I really only breed fodder and mostly just wait until they're adults to train/exalt them myself. Hey, it's basically free fodder! What's not to like?

Though I can see how it would suck from a seller perspective. Unless I see a dragon that really strikes my fancy (which is very rare), I only ever buy fodder that's 8kT or under. And considering how up until the coli revamp the fodder floor has been as low as 6kT for adults at times...I can see how it can be disheartening when your dragons won't sell.

I predict that the improved coli, as well as the influx of new blood during open registration, will help bolster dragon sales at least a little bit.
ethanol_by_dislike_like-dbg3xow.png
Fodder. Or in my case, usually my breeding project fails sell better than my actual pairs D:

why I don't really breed anymore
Fodder. Or in my case, usually my breeding project fails sell better than my actual pairs D:

why I don't really breed anymore
apagfTT.png
tumblr_njfpzkC48X1tlw9cco2_500.png

8MsS7cV.pngoNdzJAj.png
suzukiayako_banner_by_eyenoom-d6kg3c4.png
I think it's the very very very VERY expensive lair space that makes people think twice when they invest in a perma dragon.
I have the same problem with selling dragons rn and it's quite hard to run a hatchery when people don't buy dragons other than fodder tbh s:
I think it's the very very very VERY expensive lair space that makes people think twice when they invest in a perma dragon.
I have the same problem with selling dragons rn and it's quite hard to run a hatchery when people don't buy dragons other than fodder tbh s:
unknown-2.png
1 2 3