Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Happy/Funny Lightning Headcanons
1 2 3 4 5 6
Whenever stormcatcher needs new employees, he does this: [img]http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/now-hiring-now-right-now-were-hiring-now.jpg[/img] he needs employees NOW and graphic design is his passion
Whenever stormcatcher needs new employees, he does this:
now-hiring-now-right-now-were-hiring-now.jpg
he needs employees NOW
and graphic design is his passion
[quote name="Mintis" date="2018-02-16 20:21:06" ] Whenever stormcatcher needs new employees, he does this: [img]http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/now-hiring-now-right-now-were-hiring-now.jpg[/img] he needs employees NOW and graphic design is his passion [/quote] Stormcatcher always needs new employees.
Mintis wrote on 2018-02-16 20:21:06:
Whenever stormcatcher needs new employees, he does this:
now-hiring-now-right-now-were-hiring-now.jpg
he needs employees NOW
and graphic design is his passion

Stormcatcher always needs new employees.
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gifnature_0.pngnature_1.png9p.png
@JonTargaryen OH my gOD I NEVER THOUGHT I'D SEE BB8 AGAIN http://catgame21234.tumblr.com/post/163877011018/volley-ball [img]http://78.media.tumblr.com/f5caf55ba5035fbb60305ecabf8d0d60/tumblr_oua4cjJTz21slzv9go1_500.png[/img] i drew him for 2017 thunder fest!
@JonTargaryen
OH my gOD I NEVER THOUGHT I'D SEE BB8 AGAIN

http://catgame21234.tumblr.com/post/163877011018/volley-ball

tumblr_oua4cjJTz21slzv9go1_500.png
i drew him for 2017 thunder fest!
ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
@catgame21234 *incoherent happy noises*

@catgame21234 *incoherent happy noises*

pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
also @JonTargaryen [img]https://i.imgur.com/XYmVCbc.png[/img] LightningSprite: how do you want your coffee boss StC: as black and bitter as my soul LightningSprite: One vanilla latte with extra sugar and whipped cream coming right up! [columns]StC: [img]http://i.imgur.com/EQ2hsiP.png[/img][nextcol] ![/columns] [s]come on man give me another one of YOUR headcannons[/s]
also
@JonTargaryen

XYmVCbc.png

LightningSprite: how do you want your coffee boss

StC: as black and bitter as my soul

LightningSprite: One vanilla latte with extra sugar and whipped cream coming right up!
StC: EQ2hsiP.png !

come on man give me another one of YOUR headcannons
@JonTargaryen
acutaly wait
i need some help
i made a headcannon thread of all the headcannons i had about lightning but it was back when i was IN lightning and it was in the lightning sub area.

i remember talking about guns and lightning lancers and livewire grizzly attacks
"forward" was one of the words i used too
"office space" too

it was a really long list

no one ever posted in that thread tho
i cant seem to find it when i do surches since i am in arcane now but you think you could copy and paste that list in this thread here for me please?

you can go to the search tab on the side bar on every FR page and look by my username.
YOU can look in the lightning sub fourm so im sure you can find it.

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/fl5/2110207

if you can find this thread vea surching then you can def find my old post im talking about (yes i still have this bookmarked lightning)
@JonTargaryen
acutaly wait
i need some help
i made a headcannon thread of all the headcannons i had about lightning but it was back when i was IN lightning and it was in the lightning sub area.

i remember talking about guns and lightning lancers and livewire grizzly attacks
"forward" was one of the words i used too
"office space" too

it was a really long list

no one ever posted in that thread tho
i cant seem to find it when i do surches since i am in arcane now but you think you could copy and paste that list in this thread here for me please?

you can go to the search tab on the side bar on every FR page and look by my username.
YOU can look in the lightning sub fourm so im sure you can find it.

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/fl5/2110207

if you can find this thread vea surching then you can def find my old post im talking about (yes i still have this bookmarked lightning)
Break time is an unattainable pleasure that only legends get. Others pray and hope that one day, they too will get this "Break Time".
Break time is an unattainable pleasure that only legends get. Others pray and hope that one day, they too will get this "Break Time".
x0dMTPw.png
@catgame21234 found it [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/fl5/2145047#post_2145047]https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/fl5/2145047#post_2145047[/url] Copypasta from your post: [quote=catgame21234][LIST] [*]The Highland Scrub are the least technologically advance area in the shifting expanse, being identical to nearly every other area in the world. [*]Highland Scrub is also the third sunniest area in the world. ((Second would be Scarred Wasteland –because what other area other than a desert would your people be put to the test against the elements? – and first is Sunbeam Ruins as a whole,for obvious reasons.)) [*]The farther you go into into the Stormcatcher's relm the more advance it becomes. [*]Carrion Canyon was hand (paw?) clawed to be even deeper and wider so that it could be a natural defense between Tidelord tsunamis and Flamecaller magma. It'd take both Tide's and Flame's efforts to fill the Canyon for good with obsidian. [*]Stormcatcher calculated that the probability of the two working together to a goal like that is 0.00003%. [*]Because of the statement above, Stormcatcher jokingly refers to the Carrion Canyon as "a better investment of my time and energy then The Pillar" amongst his exiled co workers. [*]The level of raw technology that Stormcatcher has hidden away in the Spire would actually be no better than the technology we have today in the real world ((as of writing/reading this)) because Much of the advance mechanics we have seen are things in game are often fueled by magic like elements. Meaning ((at the time of this writing)) they have yet to create sentient computer programing despite this little guy underneath this bullet point being a thing. [*][item=sentient alloy] [*]To maybe retroactively be counter intuitive, they have the same level of technology, but different areas are more developed than ours. For example instead of spending a lot of money or materials on making computer screens they just have stations containing of some sort of wireframe that holds some programing info that then dragons use their limited magic to project holoscreens onto the wire frame stations. The dragons themselves are an external hardrive to the computer. It is also another reason why not much effort has been made to make AI programing because lighting dragons can get by ((computer wise)) with anything that could run windows xp perhaps or even lower and still work as efficiently as us ((if not better)) in the real world.[/LIST] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [center]Now just some more random headcannons about The Spire[/center] [LIST][*]The Spire houses all the electrical energy generated from the lightning farms and acts as not only the biggest dwelling in the land but also the "heart" of the Exspance houseing the main generators and providing power to any lair that can produce energy. [*]Every lair in the shifting expanse has at least 1 emergency alarm built into it that all wire back to Stormcatcher's office. At any time he can pull the trigger to have them all sound off at once. The sound would be so long that it would most likely reach Eathshaker's ears in a faded echo. [*]Every dragon whom live in either the farm or the spire regularly do drills for fires, tornadoes nuclear bombardment, ect. ((mandated by Stormcatcher himself)). [*]The Spire is an underground city, with the visible part of it (ie the cliff) housing all sorts of projects and working space for his sparks to continue development on the shifting expanse. The houseing area is located underground mixed with more working spaces. [*]The Cliff part inside the Spire houses the generator that powers the whole shifting exspanse with catwalks all around the generator leading into many side rooms. Stormcatcher's office is located once again on the "half way mark" between the top of the cliff that houses the Spire itself and ground floor ((the floor before you start hitting the basement levels)). [*]The many basement floors of the Spire look like futuristic hallways you'd see straight out of a sci-fi setting wile the "cliff" floors look like a "Junky" Sci-Fi setting with how much traffic is moving around in and out of there. [/LIST] As stated by the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/fl5/32389/3#post_70806]word of god[/url], Arcain and lightning are foils to one another. It's because of that I have a few parallels between the two gods: Arcanist and Stormcatcher Much like how Arcanist most likely has a room for study ((his telescope)) the Stormcatcher has an office space of his own as his own personal lair. And ontop of that would be the polar opposite to whatever Arcanist's lair would look like. Say the Arcanist's lair; Was made out of mostly dark woods and old codexs, with the only technilogical thing in the room would be his telescope, a trap door latch where dragons would have to climb up to even get into the room in the first place, no windows to look around, would have a roof that can open and close, and be at the top of the observatory so that he could stair at the stars. And most notworthy is in there very often. Stormcatcher would have; a white tiled office and be located in the middle of his spire, a automatic sliding door that staff members can walk into ((with the right permission)), a round counter like desk in the center where he could lay down and look at all his screens at once that will show various things like video surveillance of the spire and other spreadsheets he'd need to run his domain, a singular large opening on the side of the office that would look over his Shifting expanse. He can not look up and dream on the stars, or look down and reflect on the chard strikes his lighting bolts make on the ground, [u]he can only look forward what's in front of him, the future[/u]. He occasionally returns to his office, but his familiars mostly run it wile he's gone. If Arcanist; Finds the time to have study sessions for his exulted and fellow students whom are in his domain, [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1200445/1#post_6434196]genualy is polite and courteous.[/url], and seems to be more "direct" with his blessings of good fortune that he may bestow on his kin. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/fl5/1139278/5#post_5351882]Stormcatcher tends to be more…indirect …… with his affection ………………… at times………… [/url]THAT SAID! I like to think he gives his blessings in both direct and non direct ways. When someone is working hard and they are about to make a brake through ((when it is in his liking)) I like to imagine that whatever they were doing, when Stormcatcher blesses them, they start working and moving as fast as a super computer. There for it's a bit hard to hide his blessings unlike the other gods. When he does bestow good will in his working staff overall it is never directly outside of that. Just to name off an example… Say a clan had a gatherer dragon, and that gatherer dragon heads out for a wile but then ends up getting lost for a few months. The main clan panics but eventually returns to normal life. A project pops up that they want to do but they'd be short on supplies and or dragon power to do it. It'd be at that moment the gatherer dragon would come back with all the supplies and or work force they'd need to do what they wanted to do. Stormcatcher would have been tracking that worker the whole time, making sure that they return at the appropriate date to generate the most working force happiness from his staff. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [center]Arcanist < Stormcatcher[/center] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [center]Stormcatcher and his familiar headcannons specifically[/center] [LIST] [*]Out of all the gods, Stormcatcher depends on his flight mortals the most for he would not be able to do any of his goals…whatever they may be.… [*]…because of that however he'd be the most protective over his people out of any other god if another deity randomly came into his realm and started to bully his kin around. [*]Many if not all the gods can preform telepathic communication, some more easier than others, wile others do it constantly. Stormcatcher struggles to set up these "mind links" and often results to them sounding all staticky due to him (("arguably")) being the least in-tune with magic. To counter this, his "mind links" consist of him sending off small bursts of electrical impulses into a targets brain which causes the receiver to "think internally" Stormcatchers desired words. Lightning dragons are the most used to this treatment, wile all the other dragon types fear that Stormcatcher is brainwashing everyone. [*]General headcannon for every god but, they own at least 1 copy of every festival familiar. And their sprites are usually the one they interact with the most. Stormcatcher is no exception. [*]Stormcatcher's sprite communicates to him vea the same way, but with more blinking lights. [*]His sprite is overall his righthand man, often zipping around checking everything for him. They were his eyes before the Goblins came about. [*]Stormcatcher's Livewire Grizzly are the fastest moving guardians out of the whole set and he has a personal fleet of them to use as emergency army / privet delivery bears. No matter where they are in the world they may be stationed, regardless of what weather that area has too, Stormcatcher can send down a bolt of lighting that hits the contraptions on its back that super charges them making them carry 10^∞ their max capacity weight before they feel encumbered by any weight they may be carrying and can leap compleatly across the flat Shifting Expanse in two jumps wile super charged ((and in my own calculations in another thread that's roughly 156miles or 251.058km.* (note)That's with the measurements assuming that Sornieth are earth size which is false. So the actual area covered in one jump is even longer than presented )). So TLDR The Livewire Grizzly are the bear "ant worker" equivalent of a supercharged Creeper from mindcraft whom obey his every command without the self-destructing explosions, most of the time. [*]Because of the off chance of a Livewire Grizzly to be hit by lighting accidentally, one of the listed "emergency drills" Stormcatcher makes everyone in the spire preform involves a drill called "Grizzly Lockup" where everyone must stand still no matter what for at least 20 minutes. Spirals are excused from the drill if they are willing to play the roll of live bait to distract the Livewire Grizzly. [*]The "Grizzly Lockup" drill is ran often in The Spire with "Live Grizzlies" running around. Stormcatcher tells no one in advance, not his sprite, his other familiars, his highest ranking exulted staff, and especially not the Livewire Grizzly caretakers. [*]The timing in-between "Grizzly Lockup" drills ranges from roughly bi monthly to 37 minutes after the first drill concluded. No delay. No excuses. [*]Stormcatcher's personal Lightning Lancer is rarely seen holding it's equipment and is often hiding in the wires of the lighting farm regulating that part of Stormcatcher's empire for him. [*]His personal Lightning Lancer also took up most of the paperwork that Stormcatcher's lightning sprite was overburden with. [*]Stormcatcher's elemental acolyte laments that they do not own a more "futuristic" weapon and is stuck with a primitive lance and shield. When Stormcatcher's personal Lightning Lancer asked him for an upgrade, he declined and commented on the request in a low whisper for only their ears to hear. "I don't want the world to know what gun-lances are yet". [*]I theorize that every Elemental Golem sounds something like this when they speak. Stormcatcher's sparkling goblin would have the deepest pitched voice out of all of the goblins, to reflect Stormcatcher's own bellowing baritone. [*]Due to his already stated theorized magic potential, anything that his sparking goblins see must be projected onto a monitor for him to view it. Before it is done so, the memories are stored in his lightning sprite for them to filter through. [*]With every new Holiday familiar conjured, the workload on Stormcatcher's personal Sprite has lessoned over the years. Because of that, Some theorize that Stormcatcher spends that extra free time to pamper his Sprite with loving affection when he is alone in his office. [/LIST] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [center]Stormcatcher specifically[/center] The man loves his black coffee. Do more later cause I'm tired and I did this all in one sit. [/quote]
@catgame21234 found it https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/fl5/2145047#post_2145047

Copypasta from your post:
catgame21234 wrote:
  • The Highland Scrub are the least technologically advance area in the shifting expanse, being identical to nearly every other area in the world.
  • Highland Scrub is also the third sunniest area in the world. ((Second would be Scarred Wasteland –because what other area other than a desert would your people be put to the test against the elements? – and first is Sunbeam Ruins as a whole,for obvious reasons.))
  • The farther you go into into the Stormcatcher's relm the more advance it becomes.
  • Carrion Canyon was hand (paw?) clawed to be even deeper and wider so that it could be a natural defense between Tidelord tsunamis and Flamecaller magma. It'd take both Tide's and Flame's efforts to fill the Canyon for good with obsidian.
  • Stormcatcher calculated that the probability of the two working together to a goal like that is 0.00003%.
  • Because of the statement above, Stormcatcher jokingly refers to the Carrion Canyon as "a better investment of my time and energy then The Pillar" amongst his exiled co workers.
  • The level of raw technology that Stormcatcher has hidden away in the Spire would actually be no better than the technology we have today in the real world ((as of writing/reading this)) because Much of the advance mechanics we have seen are things in game are often fueled by magic like elements. Meaning ((at the time of this writing)) they have yet to create sentient computer programing despite this little guy underneath this bullet point being a thing.
  • Sentient Alloy
  • To maybe retroactively be counter intuitive, they have the same level of technology, but different areas are more developed than ours. For example instead of spending a lot of money or materials on making computer screens they just have stations containing of some sort of wireframe that holds some programing info that then dragons use their limited magic to project holoscreens onto the wire frame stations. The dragons themselves are an external hardrive to the computer. It is also another reason why not much effort has been made to make AI programing because lighting dragons can get by ((computer wise)) with anything that could run windows xp perhaps or even lower and still work as efficiently as us ((if not better)) in the real world.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Now just some more random headcannons about The Spire
  • The Spire houses all the electrical energy generated from the lightning farms and acts as not only the biggest dwelling in the land but also the "heart" of the Exspance houseing the main generators and providing power to any lair that can produce energy.
  • Every lair in the shifting expanse has at least 1 emergency alarm built into it that all wire back to Stormcatcher's office. At any time he can pull the trigger to have them all sound off at once. The sound would be so long that it would most likely reach Eathshaker's ears in a faded echo.
  • Every dragon whom live in either the farm or the spire regularly do drills for fires, tornadoes nuclear bombardment, ect. ((mandated by Stormcatcher himself)).
  • The Spire is an underground city, with the visible part of it (ie the cliff) housing all sorts of projects and working space for his sparks to continue development on the shifting expanse. The houseing area is located underground mixed with more working spaces.
  • The Cliff part inside the Spire houses the generator that powers the whole shifting exspanse with catwalks all around the generator leading into many side rooms. Stormcatcher's office is located once again on the "half way mark" between the top of the cliff that houses the Spire itself and ground floor ((the floor before you start hitting the basement levels)).
  • The many basement floors of the Spire look like futuristic hallways you'd see straight out of a sci-fi setting wile the "cliff" floors look like a "Junky" Sci-Fi setting with how much traffic is moving around in and out of there.

As stated by the word of god, Arcain and lightning are foils to one another. It's because of that I have a few parallels between the two gods: Arcanist and Stormcatcher

Much like how Arcanist most likely has a room for study ((his telescope)) the Stormcatcher has an office space of his own as his own personal lair. And ontop of that would be the polar opposite to whatever Arcanist's lair would look like.

Say the Arcanist's lair; Was made out of mostly dark woods and old codexs, with the only technilogical thing in the room would be his telescope, a trap door latch where dragons would have to climb up to even get into the room in the first place, no windows to look around, would have a roof that can open and close, and be at the top of the observatory so that he could stair at the stars. And most notworthy is in there very often.

Stormcatcher would have; a white tiled office and be located in the middle of his spire, a automatic sliding door that staff members can walk into ((with the right permission)), a round counter like desk in the center where he could lay down and look at all his screens at once that will show various things like video surveillance of the spire and other spreadsheets he'd need to run his domain, a singular large opening on the side of the office that would look over his Shifting expanse. He can not look up and dream on the stars, or look down and reflect on the chard strikes his lighting bolts make on the ground, he can only look forward what's in front of him, the future. He occasionally returns to his office, but his familiars mostly run it wile he's gone.

If Arcanist; Finds the time to have study sessions for his exulted and fellow students whom are in his domain, genualy is polite and courteous., and seems to be more "direct" with his blessings of good fortune that he may bestow on his kin.

Stormcatcher tends to be more…indirect …… with his affection ………………… at times………… THAT SAID! I like to think he gives his blessings in both direct and non direct ways. When someone is working hard and they are about to make a brake through ((when it is in his liking)) I like to imagine that whatever they were doing, when Stormcatcher blesses them, they start working and moving as fast as a super computer. There for it's a bit hard to hide his blessings unlike the other gods. When he does bestow good will in his working staff overall it is never directly outside of that. Just to name off an example…
Say a clan had a gatherer dragon, and that gatherer dragon heads out for a wile but then ends up getting lost for a few months. The main clan panics but eventually returns to normal life. A project pops up that they want to do but they'd be short on supplies and or dragon power to do it. It'd be at that moment the gatherer dragon would come back with all the supplies and or work force they'd need to do what they wanted to do. Stormcatcher would have been tracking that worker the whole time, making sure that they return at the appropriate date to generate the most working force happiness from his staff.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Arcanist < Stormcatcher

Stormcatcher and his familiar headcannons specifically
  • Out of all the gods, Stormcatcher depends on his flight mortals the most for he would not be able to do any of his goals…whatever they may be.…
  • …because of that however he'd be the most protective over his people out of any other god if another deity randomly came into his realm and started to bully his kin around.
  • Many if not all the gods can preform telepathic communication, some more easier than others, wile others do it constantly. Stormcatcher struggles to set up these "mind links" and often results to them sounding all staticky due to him (("arguably")) being the least in-tune with magic. To counter this, his "mind links" consist of him sending off small bursts of electrical impulses into a targets brain which causes the receiver to "think internally" Stormcatchers desired words. Lightning dragons are the most used to this treatment, wile all the other dragon types fear that Stormcatcher is brainwashing everyone.
  • General headcannon for every god but, they own at least 1 copy of every festival familiar. And their sprites are usually the one they interact with the most. Stormcatcher is no exception.
  • Stormcatcher's sprite communicates to him vea the same way, but with more blinking lights.
  • His sprite is overall his righthand man, often zipping around checking everything for him. They were his eyes before the Goblins came about.
  • Stormcatcher's Livewire Grizzly are the fastest moving guardians out of the whole set and he has a personal fleet of them to use as emergency army / privet delivery bears. No matter where they are in the world they may be stationed, regardless of what weather that area has too, Stormcatcher can send down a bolt of lighting that hits the contraptions on its back that super charges them making them carry 10^∞ their max capacity weight before they feel encumbered by any weight they may be carrying and can leap compleatly across the flat Shifting Expanse in two jumps wile super charged ((and in my own calculations in another thread that's roughly 156miles or 251.058km.* (note)That's with the measurements assuming that Sornieth are earth size which is false. So the actual area covered in one jump is even longer than presented )). So TLDR The Livewire Grizzly are the bear "ant worker" equivalent of a supercharged Creeper from mindcraft whom obey his every command without the self-destructing explosions, most of the time.
  • Because of the off chance of a Livewire Grizzly to be hit by lighting accidentally, one of the listed "emergency drills" Stormcatcher makes everyone in the spire preform involves a drill called "Grizzly Lockup" where everyone must stand still no matter what for at least 20 minutes. Spirals are excused from the drill if they are willing to play the roll of live bait to distract the Livewire Grizzly.
  • The "Grizzly Lockup" drill is ran often in The Spire with "Live Grizzlies" running around. Stormcatcher tells no one in advance, not his sprite, his other familiars, his highest ranking exulted staff, and especially not the Livewire Grizzly caretakers.
  • The timing in-between "Grizzly Lockup" drills ranges from roughly bi monthly to 37 minutes after the first drill concluded. No delay. No excuses.
  • Stormcatcher's personal Lightning Lancer is rarely seen holding it's equipment and is often hiding in the wires of the lighting farm regulating that part of Stormcatcher's empire for him.
  • His personal Lightning Lancer also took up most of the paperwork that Stormcatcher's lightning sprite was overburden with.
  • Stormcatcher's elemental acolyte laments that they do not own a more "futuristic" weapon and is stuck with a primitive lance and shield. When Stormcatcher's personal Lightning Lancer asked him for an upgrade, he declined and commented on the request in a low whisper for only their ears to hear. "I don't want the world to know what gun-lances are yet".
  • I theorize that every Elemental Golem sounds something like this when they speak. Stormcatcher's sparkling goblin would have the deepest pitched voice out of all of the goblins, to reflect Stormcatcher's own bellowing baritone.
  • Due to his already stated theorized magic potential, anything that his sparking goblins see must be projected onto a monitor for him to view it. Before it is done so, the memories are stored in his lightning sprite for them to filter through.
  • With every new Holiday familiar conjured, the workload on Stormcatcher's personal Sprite has lessoned over the years. Because of that, Some theorize that Stormcatcher spends that extra free time to pamper his Sprite with loving affection when he is alone in his office.

Stormcatcher specifically

The man loves his black coffee.
Do more later cause I'm tired and I did this all in one sit.

@catgame21234 MORE HEADCANONS

-Stormcatcher HAS NO INDOOR VOICE. While he has messengers that can go back and forth with orders/assignments, clans on the Tempest Spire usually have NO TROUBLE HEARING HIM WHEN HE TALKS, even if they're not in his immediate vicinity.

-Stormcatcher is also about as subtle as an anvil.

-Lightning has trade relations with Fire and Earth for resources, and Water and Nature for food (especially Water, because what do Ridgebacks eat).

-A few of my dragons are Ice dragons and they have a natural immunity to the intense heat of the Shifting Expanse. The Carrion Canyon has a non-insignificant population of Plague dragons because they are the best equipped to live in those kinds of conditions.

-I headcanon Stormcatcher and Arcanist as having a Vitriolic Best Buds kind of relationship where they don't agree on a lot, argue a lot, but still have intense curiosity about the other's projects - it's the sort of rivalry that drives them to do bigger, greater, and more audacious things. My own clan, as I've mentioned before, has a company that studies the intersection of science, technology, and magic, and makes developments from that research, such as sentient golems. This company was backed by funding from both Stormcatcher and Arcanist.

Headcanons specific to my clan:

-My clan is home to a lot of weirdos who didn't originate in the Shifting Expanse and have other elemental alignments, but came to the Shifting Expanse looking for work, or because they were journeying somewhere else and got stuck there somehow. Because some of my clan has family in other territories, this helps with trade relations as well as information brokering (what's going on in other regions, and anything Boss needs to know about).

-The mayor of the Emerald City, where my clan lives, claims to be a descendant of Stormcatcher (she looks like him), and he does mentor her and gave her the job of mayor/overseer/commissioner. I headcanon that her personality is a lot like his - snarky, blunt, but not without warmth and kindness, once you get past the somewhat abrasive exterior. She and her wife adopted a Tundra who went on to work for him, and when she met "Gwampa" as a hatchling her fur got static electricity.

-One of the members of my clan owns The Oasis Cafe, one of Lightning's many coffee-serving establishments.

-The Emerald City (where my clan lives on the Tempest Spire) is an indoor city that is climate-controlled and has a greenhouse and arboretum. We also terraformed a bit of land near the City and Snabbage Patch Farms is there. Of course, we still need to trade with other territories for food.

-The Emerald City was created by joint experimentation between Stormcatcher and Arcanist and is its own pocket of space-time connected to, but also independent of, Sornieth. That's my explanation for my fandragons, who are dragon AU versions of themselves.

-Emerald City also has divisions for different gathering skills, like a Hunting Division, Foraging Division, Digging-Scavenging Division, etc.

-We also have an Arts and Entertainments Division and the Emerald City campus of the University of Lightning, Inc. Some of my clan teaches different subjects at the university.
@catgame21234 MORE HEADCANONS

-Stormcatcher HAS NO INDOOR VOICE. While he has messengers that can go back and forth with orders/assignments, clans on the Tempest Spire usually have NO TROUBLE HEARING HIM WHEN HE TALKS, even if they're not in his immediate vicinity.

-Stormcatcher is also about as subtle as an anvil.

-Lightning has trade relations with Fire and Earth for resources, and Water and Nature for food (especially Water, because what do Ridgebacks eat).

-A few of my dragons are Ice dragons and they have a natural immunity to the intense heat of the Shifting Expanse. The Carrion Canyon has a non-insignificant population of Plague dragons because they are the best equipped to live in those kinds of conditions.

-I headcanon Stormcatcher and Arcanist as having a Vitriolic Best Buds kind of relationship where they don't agree on a lot, argue a lot, but still have intense curiosity about the other's projects - it's the sort of rivalry that drives them to do bigger, greater, and more audacious things. My own clan, as I've mentioned before, has a company that studies the intersection of science, technology, and magic, and makes developments from that research, such as sentient golems. This company was backed by funding from both Stormcatcher and Arcanist.

Headcanons specific to my clan:

-My clan is home to a lot of weirdos who didn't originate in the Shifting Expanse and have other elemental alignments, but came to the Shifting Expanse looking for work, or because they were journeying somewhere else and got stuck there somehow. Because some of my clan has family in other territories, this helps with trade relations as well as information brokering (what's going on in other regions, and anything Boss needs to know about).

-The mayor of the Emerald City, where my clan lives, claims to be a descendant of Stormcatcher (she looks like him), and he does mentor her and gave her the job of mayor/overseer/commissioner. I headcanon that her personality is a lot like his - snarky, blunt, but not without warmth and kindness, once you get past the somewhat abrasive exterior. She and her wife adopted a Tundra who went on to work for him, and when she met "Gwampa" as a hatchling her fur got static electricity.

-One of the members of my clan owns The Oasis Cafe, one of Lightning's many coffee-serving establishments.

-The Emerald City (where my clan lives on the Tempest Spire) is an indoor city that is climate-controlled and has a greenhouse and arboretum. We also terraformed a bit of land near the City and Snabbage Patch Farms is there. Of course, we still need to trade with other territories for food.

-The Emerald City was created by joint experimentation between Stormcatcher and Arcanist and is its own pocket of space-time connected to, but also independent of, Sornieth. That's my explanation for my fandragons, who are dragon AU versions of themselves.

-Emerald City also has divisions for different gathering skills, like a Hunting Division, Foraging Division, Digging-Scavenging Division, etc.

-We also have an Arts and Entertainments Division and the Emerald City campus of the University of Lightning, Inc. Some of my clan teaches different subjects at the university.
Lightning Flight ... well okay, my lair, is organized chaos. To the untrained eye, there's all sorts of energy flying around in random bursts of danger.

But really, we're just fine. Our experiments, hacks, inventions, and innovations are proceeding just fine.

No worries. Hot chocolate on the table. It's a beautiful day for some dry lightning.
Lightning Flight ... well okay, my lair, is organized chaos. To the untrained eye, there's all sorts of energy flying around in random bursts of danger.

But really, we're just fine. Our experiments, hacks, inventions, and innovations are proceeding just fine.

No worries. Hot chocolate on the table. It's a beautiful day for some dry lightning.
30oPYgq.png
1 2 3 4 5 6