Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flight aesthetics
1 2 3 4 5
For Earth as an element...
Gems, Fossils, multilayered rocks, dirt, dried riverbeds

For Earth also as part of FR lore (reverence of ancestors)
Cave paintings, tombs and crypts, mines, ruins specifically associated with worship of ancestors or remains from more unified times (aka the pillar). Stone based architecture (Earth dragons are monument builders specifically).

For my personal taste, I also really enjoy the spooky aspect Earth has with all the ancient horrors, restless spirits, skeletal wyrms, ext that comes with the old, battle-scared lands. I imagine some Earth dragons literally refuse to "give up the ghost".

A good-natured snapper telling stories about the origins of dragonkind and an imperial as ancient as they come, who was there the day dragons returned to Sornieth.
For Earth as an element...
Gems, Fossils, multilayered rocks, dirt, dried riverbeds

For Earth also as part of FR lore (reverence of ancestors)
Cave paintings, tombs and crypts, mines, ruins specifically associated with worship of ancestors or remains from more unified times (aka the pillar). Stone based architecture (Earth dragons are monument builders specifically).

For my personal taste, I also really enjoy the spooky aspect Earth has with all the ancient horrors, restless spirits, skeletal wyrms, ext that comes with the old, battle-scared lands. I imagine some Earth dragons literally refuse to "give up the ghost".

A good-natured snapper telling stories about the origins of dragonkind and an imperial as ancient as they come, who was there the day dragons returned to Sornieth.
YgOQ2oY.pngRfSBvPi.pngRtSbM78.pngiezVfl0.pngiWjBTCn.png

Cyberpunk, with techno playing in the background. And some of my lair looks like it's permanently at a rave.
Cyberpunk, with techno playing in the background. And some of my lair looks like it's permanently at a rave.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
Personally for Shadow I'd pick crumbling stone structures, bogs, tall thin pine trees with heavy thick branches, and glowing mushrooms everywhere with short grass underfoot.
Personally for Shadow I'd pick crumbling stone structures, bogs, tall thin pine trees with heavy thick branches, and glowing mushrooms everywhere with short grass underfoot.
She/Hernydra_by_featherblot-d9s5sch.pngFR +3
A lot of people would probably say glitter or pretty gold stuff but...
Light Flight Aesthetic? More like old illustrated books, pictures of a brilliant blue sky with the sun shining, tall trees that seem to almost touch the clouds, a view of an ocean from a cliff, delicate gilded statues, old pillars with vines weaving up the sides. It's more of the environment aesthetic then just sparkly sparkly glitter. I feel as if there's a lot more to it.
A lot of people would probably say glitter or pretty gold stuff but...
Light Flight Aesthetic? More like old illustrated books, pictures of a brilliant blue sky with the sun shining, tall trees that seem to almost touch the clouds, a view of an ocean from a cliff, delicate gilded statues, old pillars with vines weaving up the sides. It's more of the environment aesthetic then just sparkly sparkly glitter. I feel as if there's a lot more to it.
AvatarofAkatosh-cropped.png I tried to make an aesthetic signature but it broke :(
Heat. Bubbling pools of lava. Dark, almost charcoal-like earth; terrain a rocky and cracked series of mountains and hills. The constant gurgling and hissing of lava shifting and oozing, singeing life and slowly cooling to a pitch-black mass.

Sweat. The clanging of metal against metal; the yells and shouts of questions and orders barely heard over machinery. The ever-present warmth of intense heat grazing your skin as white-hot metal is shaped and molded. Singed smells of burning wood and coal clinging to your nostrils; ash staining your hands, face, and clothes in smears and splotches.

I really love describing atmospheres
Heat. Bubbling pools of lava. Dark, almost charcoal-like earth; terrain a rocky and cracked series of mountains and hills. The constant gurgling and hissing of lava shifting and oozing, singeing life and slowly cooling to a pitch-black mass.

Sweat. The clanging of metal against metal; the yells and shouts of questions and orders barely heard over machinery. The ever-present warmth of intense heat grazing your skin as white-hot metal is shaped and molded. Singed smells of burning wood and coal clinging to your nostrils; ash staining your hands, face, and clothes in smears and splotches.

I really love describing atmospheres
exl1.pngqAZgY0h.pngLXQ5Ih1.pngwg00sIS.png10FXer7.pngU9lx3R6.pngexl2.pnggEvXGc7.pngStoat-7114-135-0-51-1-140.png
Hex0gCq.png
A dry, stale wind washes over you as you trek across the red earth. A foul smell follows, burning your nose with the acrid taste of death. The ground beneath your feet uncomfortably crunches with every step. Enormous bones litter the surrounding areas, still clinging to their last scraps of flesh.

Somewhere, in the distance, you can hear someone singing "Spooky Scary Skeletons."
A dry, stale wind washes over you as you trek across the red earth. A foul smell follows, burning your nose with the acrid taste of death. The ground beneath your feet uncomfortably crunches with every step. Enormous bones litter the surrounding areas, still clinging to their last scraps of flesh.

Somewhere, in the distance, you can hear someone singing "Spooky Scary Skeletons."
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares
they/them/theirs | FR Time +0

+[Wasteland Radio Hatchery]+
-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
Plague to me isn't just about rot, disease, and decay. It definitely is not about death. I see it as a highly competitive culture where those things which succeed no matter what are honored. It's about life that comes out of decay (after all, PlagueBringer herself is life came out of destruction. How can the dragons not honor that?).

A lot of encouragement found in plague: Pine trees are honored for they thrive in devastation. (New trees are born out of fires.) Dandelions are honored because those suckers will grow No Matter What. The same goes for various reptiles and insects, other weeds and fungi. Dung beetles and other.... unsavory creatures and plant life which take care of things that have fallen.

I even see later afternoons and sunsets as a part of plague culture, as well as autumn time, to include the harvest up to the withering away of things. But not winter time itself. I see it as a culture which honors the elders, who in turn honor the youngest. It is those in middle who would get left behind in a heartbeat, as per canon.

To me, Plague is the most diverse of the flights because it could literally celebrate anything, for there is no destruction without something present, which in and of itself succeeded in the past over something else. It is this process of life, the 'golden years' of life even, which brings about a new form of life. That is Plague.
Plague to me isn't just about rot, disease, and decay. It definitely is not about death. I see it as a highly competitive culture where those things which succeed no matter what are honored. It's about life that comes out of decay (after all, PlagueBringer herself is life came out of destruction. How can the dragons not honor that?).

A lot of encouragement found in plague: Pine trees are honored for they thrive in devastation. (New trees are born out of fires.) Dandelions are honored because those suckers will grow No Matter What. The same goes for various reptiles and insects, other weeds and fungi. Dung beetles and other.... unsavory creatures and plant life which take care of things that have fallen.

I even see later afternoons and sunsets as a part of plague culture, as well as autumn time, to include the harvest up to the withering away of things. But not winter time itself. I see it as a culture which honors the elders, who in turn honor the youngest. It is those in middle who would get left behind in a heartbeat, as per canon.

To me, Plague is the most diverse of the flights because it could literally celebrate anything, for there is no destruction without something present, which in and of itself succeeded in the past over something else. It is this process of life, the 'golden years' of life even, which brings about a new form of life. That is Plague.
Mostly hiatus-ing. PMs are the easiest way to contact me at the moment, but expect lots of time for it to get noticed.
Man no windies on this one?? gotta represent my Flight!!

wind aesthetic (at least to me): spring. a fresh, cool breeze that relaxes the body and melts away worries. balloons, outdoor parties, homemade sandwiches. a cold glass of lemonade on a warm day. pinks, yellows, greens. lighthearted laughing, chatting with friends. the smell of cedarwood and rosemary, as well as something sweet but unidentified. rustling leaves, the feel of grass under your feet. telling stories of adventuring to different lands. the excitement of travel and the anticipation you feel when you wonder where the wind will take you next. optimism and excitement for the future and all it holds. and last but not least: memes.
Man no windies on this one?? gotta represent my Flight!!

wind aesthetic (at least to me): spring. a fresh, cool breeze that relaxes the body and melts away worries. balloons, outdoor parties, homemade sandwiches. a cold glass of lemonade on a warm day. pinks, yellows, greens. lighthearted laughing, chatting with friends. the smell of cedarwood and rosemary, as well as something sweet but unidentified. rustling leaves, the feel of grass under your feet. telling stories of adventuring to different lands. the excitement of travel and the anticipation you feel when you wonder where the wind will take you next. optimism and excitement for the future and all it holds. and last but not least: memes.
luHTVPs.png
[quote name="Joying" date="2018-02-16 11:56:22" ] Plague to me isn't just about rot, disease, and decay. It definitely is not about death. I see it as a highly competitive culture where those things which succeed no matter what are honored. It's about life that comes out of decay (after all, PlagueBringer herself is life came out of destruction. How can the dragons not honor that?). A lot of encouragement found in plague: Pine trees are honored for they thrive in devastation. (New trees are born out of fires.) Dandelions are honored because those suckers will grow No Matter What. The same goes for various reptiles and insects, other weeds and fungi. Dung beetles and other.... unsavory creatures and plant life which take care of things that have fallen. I even see later afternoons and sunsets as a part of plague culture, as well as autumn time, to include the harvest up to the withering away of things. But not winter time itself. I see it as a culture which honors the elders, who in turn honor the youngest. It is those in middle who would get left behind in a heartbeat, as per canon. To me, Plague is the most diverse of the flights because it could literally celebrate anything, for there is no destruction without something present, which in and of itself succeeded in the past over something else. It is this process of life, the 'golden years' of life even, which brings about a new form of life. That is Plague. [/quote] *Reverence* You have already said everything I came to say.
Joying wrote on 2018-02-16 11:56:22:

*Reverence* You have already said everything I came to say.
lU1KFhR.gif
Kydo
He/Him
FR+4
256-large.png
Do what comes natural~

cauldrontext.png

arcane is glowing, radioactive, stars, science, glitter, crystals, and pink! they all kinda go hand and hand tho.
arcane is glowing, radioactive, stars, science, glitter, crystals, and pink! they all kinda go hand and hand tho.
look_at_dem_Leggs_bg.gif 2PgeVQK.png AXgbdLB.gif look_at_dem_Leggs_bg_alt.gif
1 2 3 4 5