Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Lore talk] ____ Flight magic!
1 2 3
@MackerelGray Ooh, I love it! Would you be alright with me adding it to the spellbook/as an example? No pressure.
@MackerelGray Ooh, I love it! Would you be alright with me adding it to the spellbook/as an example? No pressure.
cL9yafY.gif
@Oranitha Yeah, go on ahead! :)
@Oranitha Yeah, go on ahead! :)
goSc2L4.png
So in my lore every dragon has inner magic yes but there are certain dragons born with 'Deities Gifts'. These are just pure ultimate flight magical power that some dragons are born to be able to tap into.

Water flight has Future Sight which is as you probably guessed, clairvoyance. This gift in turn can mature and focus on one aspect as the dragon matures. Known ones (a.k.a ones I found names for) are Death Watchers, Luck Bringer and Cupid's Vision.

Gladekeepers gift is Growth. Any dragons with this gift can focus their magical energies on a plant and it will grow exponentially, depending on how much inner magic they put into the plant. They also seem to be able to feed off of plants, needing less food than most other dragons. They feed off of some plants magic power, keeping them full of energy as long as they are near compatible plants. Some dragons can feed better on flowers, while others on cactuses, it depends on the dragons inner magic. Even though they can do this

Shadowbinders gift is Goop Diving*. Those with the gift can secrete dark goop, similar to Shadowbinders own drool. they are then able to dive into this goop and appear anywhere else where they gooped. this allows them to seemingly disappear. As long as they have hidden the goop well enough, they can Teleport anywhere they want, as long as they have been there before. this goop can easily be swept away by other dragons though so it must be hidden carefully!

*I want a better name ...something more dignified but I;\'m not sure what yet.

Earthshakers gift is Reaper's Ears. they have the ability to hear voices from beyond the grave. haven't fully fleshed this one out yet.

I'm not sure aboit the other Deities yet. Still thinking on them
So in my lore every dragon has inner magic yes but there are certain dragons born with 'Deities Gifts'. These are just pure ultimate flight magical power that some dragons are born to be able to tap into.

Water flight has Future Sight which is as you probably guessed, clairvoyance. This gift in turn can mature and focus on one aspect as the dragon matures. Known ones (a.k.a ones I found names for) are Death Watchers, Luck Bringer and Cupid's Vision.

Gladekeepers gift is Growth. Any dragons with this gift can focus their magical energies on a plant and it will grow exponentially, depending on how much inner magic they put into the plant. They also seem to be able to feed off of plants, needing less food than most other dragons. They feed off of some plants magic power, keeping them full of energy as long as they are near compatible plants. Some dragons can feed better on flowers, while others on cactuses, it depends on the dragons inner magic. Even though they can do this

Shadowbinders gift is Goop Diving*. Those with the gift can secrete dark goop, similar to Shadowbinders own drool. they are then able to dive into this goop and appear anywhere else where they gooped. this allows them to seemingly disappear. As long as they have hidden the goop well enough, they can Teleport anywhere they want, as long as they have been there before. this goop can easily be swept away by other dragons though so it must be hidden carefully!

*I want a better name ...something more dignified but I;\'m not sure what yet.

Earthshakers gift is Reaper's Ears. they have the ability to hear voices from beyond the grave. haven't fully fleshed this one out yet.

I'm not sure aboit the other Deities yet. Still thinking on them
1 2 3