Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Tert-Picking Mass Hallucination
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 29 30
[quote name="AnacronicCobra" date=2017-12-09 11:58:52] Come to think of it, I wonder if we all didn't just play with the Scrying workshop before joining and now we're substituting memories. Still doesn't explain how I got exactly what I was going for, though. [/quote] this would be a good explanation if the scrying workshop was accessible to non-players before 2016 and if it was here since the game started, it didnt get added in for a while which doesnt explain really old players remembering choosing their tert
AnacronicCobra wrote on 2017-12-09:
Come to think of it, I wonder if we all didn't just play with the Scrying workshop before joining and now we're substituting memories. Still doesn't explain how I got exactly what I was going for, though.
this would be a good explanation if the scrying workshop was accessible to non-players before 2016
and if it was here since the game started, it didnt get added in for a while which doesnt explain really old players remembering choosing their tert
vice
any pronouns
frt +3
g1s | adopts
I remember picking Mora's tert. I wanted her to look like a banana, so I was like, 'hey, let's make her tert green!'

no regrets.
I remember picking Mora's tert. I wanted her to look like a banana, so I was like, 'hey, let's make her tert green!'

no regrets.
000000000000000dragonsnake.gif
Cis/She/They
rollover at 3:00 AM for me
On mobile often
Mostly inactive

Olifoli.gif
Tbh I love seeing this topic come up every now and then. I find it very interesting.

I joined late 2014 and distinctly remember not choosing my tert. If I was able to I would have picked pink or rose and not ivory. I believe the staff when they say it's never been possible
Tbh I love seeing this topic come up every now and then. I find it very interesting.

I joined late 2014 and distinctly remember not choosing my tert. If I was able to I would have picked pink or rose and not ivory. I believe the staff when they say it's never been possible
left star border ARCY • SHE/HER • FRT+3
avatar dragon | projects | wishlist | skin shop
right star border nonAp0O.png
June 2014 user here. I distinctly remember picking azure/white for my custom progen, then going to her page only to see that she had a hidden third color, brown. -_-
June 2014 user here. I distinctly remember picking azure/white for my custom progen, then going to her page only to see that she had a hidden third color, brown. -_-
... now that I think of it, I remember playing around with a tert color but not seeing what it did.

Not sure if it was in the scrying workshop or the customizer, but I bet it's the former.

I'm pretty sure that if I had the choice, I wouldn't have chosen ivory for Blightfall.

... now that I think of it, I remember playing around with a tert color but not seeing what it did.

Not sure if it was in the scrying workshop or the customizer, but I bet it's the former.

I'm pretty sure that if I had the choice, I wouldn't have chosen ivory for Blightfall.

1f7Wab5.png x F5AeglI.png x x
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
I most definitely did not get to pick the tert. I remember knowing for sure that it would be random...and it was...and thinking 'hey this isn't the worst tert, could have been worse'.

I remember hearing about this "mass hallucination" for a while now. But the first few whispers of it happened at least a few months after I registered...so I suppose it could have theoretically happened lol
I most definitely did not get to pick the tert. I remember knowing for sure that it would be random...and it was...and thinking 'hey this isn't the worst tert, could have been worse'.

I remember hearing about this "mass hallucination" for a while now. But the first few whispers of it happened at least a few months after I registered...so I suppose it could have theoretically happened lol
tastefulmarketing.gif
[quote name="Vendrus" date=2017-12-09 15:46:32] @/NaturallyCrazy @/Parda Glitching entire sections of code and UI into existence is kinda beyond anything that can happen, heh. I'm going for temporary alternate reality, myself. [/quote] Who said those sections of code didn't exist, but were only hidden by some other code? Maybe removing the original code would bork the whole progen selection, so staff just decided to deactivate it. Thus only the deactivation needs to glitch to bring said code back. ...Coli glitches are a thing. They can be really weird too.
Vendrus wrote on 2017-12-09:
@/NaturallyCrazy @/Parda
Glitching entire sections of code and UI into existence is kinda beyond anything that can happen, heh.
I'm going for temporary alternate reality, myself.
Who said those sections of code didn't exist, but were only hidden by some other code? Maybe removing the original code would bork the whole progen selection, so staff just decided to deactivate it. Thus only the deactivation needs to glitch to bring said code back.

...Coli glitches are a thing. They can be really weird too.
Hi! I'm Jake or Rads
lwN7WD5.png FRT+9 | he/him

accent shop
xx Silhouette of a flying dragon
Pretty sure I picked mine, I remember thinking *** does this option do to the dragon when nothing changed when I picked a different option.
Pretty sure I picked mine, I remember thinking *** does this option do to the dragon when nothing changed when I picked a different option.
28932619_ol7.gif ...
tyrian | she/her | +3
tumblr | toyhouse | fandragons
[quote name="LapisDragon17718" date=2017-12-09 09:19:27] I remember trying to pick mine, being like 'huh, it's not showing up' even when I changed it to other colors, and eventually putting it back to what it originally was. It may have just gone back to the default or something? [/quote] This is me, completely. I had my progen's primary and secondary all picked out, Ice and Sky. I swear to everything that there was a third color that didn't do anything and that the default was Grey. I changed that third color and nothing happened, so I set it back to Grey. I swear that it's not the Scrying Workshop because I joined in July 2013. I regret forever that her tert is Grey. I would give something drastic to just be able to change her tert.
LapisDragon17718 wrote on 2017-12-09:
I remember trying to pick mine, being like 'huh, it's not showing up' even when I changed it to other colors, and eventually putting it back to what it originally was. It may have just gone back to the default or something?

This is me, completely. I had my progen's primary and secondary all picked out, Ice and Sky. I swear to everything that there was a third color that didn't do anything and that the default was Grey. I changed that third color and nothing happened, so I set it back to Grey. I swear that it's not the Scrying Workshop because I joined in July 2013. I regret forever that her tert is Grey. I would give something drastic to just be able to change her tert.
I don't care about making a profit off my dragons. If I like them, I will gene and breed change them despite the costs.

PM me if I bought a Gen1 from you and still owe you.
Nope. Didn't happen. It's a collective confabulation. Memory is notoriously mutable.
Nope. Didn't happen. It's a collective confabulation. Memory is notoriously mutable.
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 29 30