Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 2017 December Kindness Challenge
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25 26
[center][size=5][b]December Kindness Challenge[/b][/size][/center] [center][b][size=4]For Flight Rising Members[/size][/b][/center] [center][img]https://m1.paperblog.com/i/298/2984224/concurso-pesebres-artisticos-2014-L-6IdD1_.jpeg[/img][/center] [center][b][size=4]Background[/size][/b] Back in 2015 I participated in a thread very similar to this created by the lovely @Rowlet303. It was a lovely idea and still is a lovely idea because it captures the essence of December - a time for giving, receiving, goodwill and a time for friends and family. I myself am a gifter and nothing brings me more joy than seeing others smile and seeing wishes become a reality. So I'd like to extend the invitation to you all, for you to join me in the month of December to spread happiness around Flight Rising :) [b][size=4]What is the Challenge?[/size][/b] The 31 Day December Kindness Challenge is where there will be a list of things for you to do every day of the month that relate to giving, helping and/or bringing joy to the community of Flight Rising. It is up to you whether you give a little or a lot, there's no lock in contracts or anything haha, nor is anything expected of you, give what you feel comfortable giving. [b][size=4]What do I get out of it?[/size][/b] The most important thing you'll be getting out of this is the knowledge that you've just put a smile on someone's face and the fuzzy feelings that come with it. It is best not to expect anything in return, but if it does end up happening then hey, bonus. [b][size=4]Do I have to do all 31 days?[/size][/b] No, you do not have to do all 31 days if you do not want to. You can pick the days that you wish to complete and do them then, or you can do days in advanced if you're going away etc, or you can simply do what you can. Personally I am going to attempt all 31 days, and there will be a pinglist below for those who wish to be on it and pinged for each day. [/center]
December Kindness Challenge
For Flight Rising Members

concurso-pesebres-artisticos-2014-L-6IdD1_.jpeg

Background

Back in 2015 I participated in a thread very similar to this created by the lovely @Rowlet303. It was a lovely idea and still is a lovely idea because it captures the essence of December - a time for giving, receiving, goodwill and a time for friends and family. I myself am a gifter and nothing brings me more joy than seeing others smile and seeing wishes become a reality. So I'd like to extend the invitation to you all, for you to join me in the month of December to spread happiness around Flight Rising :)

What is the Challenge?

The 31 Day December Kindness Challenge is where there will be a list of things for you to do every day of the month that relate to giving, helping and/or bringing joy to the community of Flight Rising. It is up to you whether you give a little or a lot, there's no lock in contracts or anything haha, nor is anything expected of you, give what you feel comfortable giving.

What do I get out of it?

The most important thing you'll be getting out of this is the knowledge that you've just put a smile on someone's face and the fuzzy feelings that come with it. It is best not to expect anything in return, but if it does end up happening then hey, bonus.

Do I have to do all 31 days?

No, you do not have to do all 31 days if you do not want to. You can pick the days that you wish to complete and do them then, or you can do days in advanced if you're going away etc, or you can simply do what you can. Personally I am going to attempt all 31 days, and there will be a pinglist below for those who wish to be on it and pinged for each day.

qvTNuJR.png
~May the wind forever be in your favour and may it always be at your back~

Australian | FR +19 | She/Her
candle-smol.png
[center][b][size=5]Task List[/size][/b][/center] [center][img]https://m1.paperblog.com/i/298/2984224/concurso-pesebres-artisticos-2014-L-6IdD1_.jpeg[/img][/center] [s][b][size=4]December 1st[/size][/b] List 3 people you think make Flight Rising a better place. Tag them here and tell them why, spread the love <3[/s] [s][b][size=4]December 2nd[/size][/b] Donate familiars to your Flight's Free/Trade Familiar Thread. or Give some familiars to a newbie instead, if doing this perhaps give them something a little harder to obtain[/s] [s][b][size=4]December 3rd[/size][/b] Participate in the Wishing Well thread [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/997568/1]here[/url] or something similar[/s] [s][b][size=4]December 4th[/size][/b] Brew a Baldwin Item for someone If you don't have a high level, brew whatever you can and give it as a random gift, it's the thought that counts![/s] [s][b][size=4]December 5th[/size][/b] Gift Bomb 5 people! Doesn't have to be big :)[/s] [s][b][size=4]December 6th[/size][/b] Ping the Breeders of your most favourite dragons and let them know why[/s] [s][b][size=4]December 7th[/size][/b] Participate in the Draw the Dragon Above You thread [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1539572/543]here[/url]. If you are not in the mood to draw, you can write a lore sample and gift it to someone. or Simply gift someone an item from their wishlist[/s] [s][b][size=4]December 8th[/size][/b] Help someone with a lair expansion (preferably a newer member).[/s] [s] [b][size=4]December 9th[/size][/b] Donate apparel to your Flight's Free Apparel Thread. or Give some apparel to a newbie instead, perhaps something that is a little harder to obtain.[/s] [s][b][size=4]December 10th[/size][/b] Time for another random gift to a random person![/s] [s] [b][size=4]December 11th[/size][/b] Give a skin/accent to a random person, perhaps something that isn't a fest skin. If you can only afford to give fest skins, perhaps something that is older or suits their dragons more![/s] [s][b][size=4]December 12th[/size][/b] Help another member get an achievement! Eggs are the easiest way, or achievements suited for newer members, but I'm sure you can all think of something :D[/s] [s][b][size=4]December 13th[/size][/b] Write a really nice review of someone's lair. You can ping into here if you'd like to! Be sure to say plenty of nice things about their pretty dragons, it's always nice to know others appreciate your hard work[/s] [s][b][size=4]December 14th[/size][/b] Look at a bunch of hatcheries. Maybe even sign up for a ping list or two. Perhaps even buy a couple dragons ^^[/s] [s][b][size=4]December 15th[/size][/b] Participate in the Wishing Well thread [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/997568]here[/url] or something similar[/s] [s][b][size=4]December 16th[/size][/b] Give a hatchling from your lair to someone who will appreciate them and will give them some love! This can simply be a case of donating dragons to newer players, or could be giving an expensive breeding hatchling to someone on your pinglist, up to you![/s] [s][b][size=4]December 17th[/size][/b] Give an item you can only get from Swipp to a random person, perhaps something a little harder to obtain :)[/s] [s][b][size=4]December 18th[/size][/b] Donate battle items to your Flight's Free battle item Thread. or Give some battle items to a newbie instead, preferably something that's a little harder to obtain[/s] [s][b][size=4]December 19th[/size][/b] Participate in the Giving Tree thread [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/1459090/1]here[/url] or something similar[/s] [s][b][size=4]December 20th[/size][/b] Give an awesome familiar to a random person or Gift someone a familiar not in their Bestiary[/s] [s][b][size=4]December 21st[/size][/b] We all love the occasional warm brew, gift some Baldwin Materials to someone :D[/s] [s][b][size=4]December 22nd[/size][/b] Donate food to your Flight's Free Food Thread or Give some Food to a newbie, or a person who is struggling instead[/s] [s][b][size=4]December 23rd[/size][/b] Come up with something nice to do for someone on Flight Rising and post it below. Do it for someone :D[/s] [s][b][size=4]December 24th[/size][/b] The holidays needs more positive feelings! Review something! Whether that be a lair, a dragon, lore, or perhaps ping people in to tell them how nice they are, anything! You can ping people in here and write! Sometimes all it takes to make someone smile are a couple nice words :)[/s] [s][b][size=4]December 25th[/size][/b] It's Christmas, which means sharing the day with family and friends. Extend the warm festive fuzzies to your friends on FR. Ping them in here and write a message to your good friends on this site, or perhaps those that are like family. Let them know how much they mean to you. Gifts are optional[/s] [s][b][size=4]December 26th[/size][/b] It's Boxing Day! Look through your hoard and give any stuff you don't really need away to members who might have not got much this holiday season[/s] [s][b][size=4]December 27th[/size][/b] Give a Nocturne egg or Night of the Nocturne Exclusive familiar to a member not doing so well this festival[/s] [s][b][size=4]December 28th[/size][/b] Support an artist or lore-ist! Place an order for an adoptable/artwork or for lore/written bio/coding! Support the people that work so hard at what they do and whom create wondrous masterpieces [/s] [s][b][size=4]December 29th[/size][/b] Save an exalt dragon from the Auction House and find it a forever home, whether that be in your own lair or somewhere else! or If you don't wish to purchase dragons, simply use this as another chance to gift![/s] [s][b][size=4]December 30th[/size][/b] Do something nice for someone! It's up to you what that is :D[/s] [b][size=4]December 31st[/size][/b] Give someone a gene/breed change scroll or an egg. This is designed to be the hardest challenge, seeing as it's at the end of the list. So be sure to save up ahead of time! Otherwise if you don't feel like you can make this a reality you can just gift a 'high-end' item instead
Task List

December 1st
List 3 people you think make Flight Rising a better place. Tag them here and tell them why, spread the love <3

December 2nd
Donate familiars to your Flight's Free/Trade Familiar Thread.
or
Give some familiars to a newbie instead, if doing this perhaps give them something a little harder to obtain

December 3rd
Participate in the Wishing Well thread here or something similar

December 4th
Brew a Baldwin Item for someone
If you don't have a high level, brew whatever you can and give it as a random gift, it's the thought that counts!

December 5th
Gift Bomb 5 people! Doesn't have to be big :)

December 6th
Ping the Breeders of your most favourite dragons and let them know why

December 7th
Participate in the Draw the Dragon Above You thread here. If you are not in the mood to draw, you can write a lore sample and gift it to someone.
or
Simply gift someone an item from their wishlist

December 8th
Help someone with a lair expansion (preferably a newer member).

December 9th
Donate apparel to your Flight's Free Apparel Thread.
or
Give some apparel to a newbie instead, perhaps something that is a little harder to obtain.

December 10th
Time for another random gift to a random person!

December 11th
Give a skin/accent to a random person, perhaps something that isn't a fest skin. If you can only afford to give fest skins, perhaps something that is older or suits their dragons more!

December 12th
Help another member get an achievement! Eggs are the easiest way, or achievements suited for newer members, but I'm sure you can all think of something :D

December 13th
Write a really nice review of someone's lair. You can ping into here if you'd like to! Be sure to say plenty of nice things about their pretty dragons, it's always nice to know others appreciate your hard work

December 14th
Look at a bunch of hatcheries. Maybe even sign up for a ping list or two. Perhaps even buy a couple dragons ^^

December 15th
Participate in the Wishing Well thread here or something similar

December 16th
Give a hatchling from your lair to someone who will appreciate them and will give them some love! This can simply be a case of donating dragons to newer players, or could be giving an expensive breeding hatchling to someone on your pinglist, up to you!

December 17th
Give an item you can only get from Swipp to a random person, perhaps something a little harder to obtain :)

December 18th
Donate battle items to your Flight's Free battle item Thread.
or
Give some battle items to a newbie instead, preferably something that's a little harder to obtain

December 19th
Participate in the Giving Tree thread here or something similar

December 20th
Give an awesome familiar to a random person
or
Gift someone a familiar not in their Bestiary

December 21st
We all love the occasional warm brew, gift some Baldwin Materials to someone :D

December 22nd
Donate food to your Flight's Free Food Thread
or
Give some Food to a newbie, or a person who is struggling instead

December 23rd
Come up with something nice to do for someone on Flight Rising and post it below. Do it for someone :D

December 24th
The holidays needs more positive feelings! Review something! Whether that be a lair, a dragon, lore, or perhaps ping people in to tell them how nice they are, anything! You can ping people in here and write! Sometimes all it takes to make someone smile are a couple nice words :)

December 25th
It's Christmas, which means sharing the day with family and friends. Extend the warm festive fuzzies to your friends on FR. Ping them in here and write a message to your good friends on this site, or perhaps those that are like family. Let them know how much they mean to you. Gifts are optional

December 26th
It's Boxing Day! Look through your hoard and give any stuff you don't really need away to members who might have not got much this holiday season

December 27th
Give a Nocturne egg or Night of the Nocturne Exclusive familiar to a member not doing so well this festival

December 28th
Support an artist or lore-ist! Place an order for an adoptable/artwork or for lore/written bio/coding! Support the people that work so hard at what they do and whom create wondrous masterpieces

December 29th
Save an exalt dragon from the Auction House and find it a forever home, whether that be in your own lair or somewhere else!
or
If you don't wish to purchase dragons, simply use this as another chance to gift!

December 30th
Do something nice for someone! It's up to you what that is :D

December 31st
Give someone a gene/breed change scroll or an egg. This is designed to be the hardest challenge, seeing as it's at the end of the list. So be sure to save up ahead of time! Otherwise if you don't feel like you can make this a reality you can just gift a 'high-end' item instead
qvTNuJR.png

candle-smol.png
[center][b][size=5]Pinglists[/size][/b][/center] [center][img]https://m1.paperblog.com/i/298/2984224/concurso-pesebres-artisticos-2014-L-6IdD1_.jpeg[/img][/center] [center][b][Size=4]Participants:[/size][/b][/center] [center]1. @/Lallie 2. @/TabithaMori 3. @/Kvon 4. @/JonTargaryen 5. @/BlackJasper 6. @/Superbia 7. @/mPhish 8. @/Windshear 9. @/Ashki 10. @/SugarRose22 11. @/Greenwolfkate 12. @/CelesteNova 13. @/GoddessOfCarries 14. @/MusicalAnima 15. @/strangeseraph 16. @/EliTheBear 17. @/Vipera 18. @/Tobias 19. @/Lovinos 20. @/88V 21. @/JoyLayne 22. @/sleeplessfaun 23. @/LadyEllesmere 24. @/balthy 25. @/Matou 26. @/Valore 27. @/SmolSeed 28. @/CornixElecti 29. @/Warriorgirl1234 30. @/danijust 31. @/Dewyisdewy 32. @/Cheshly [/center] [center][b][size=4]Daily Ping:[/size][/b][/center] [center] @/TabithaMori @/Kvon @/JonTargaryen @/Superbia @/mPhish @/Ashki @/SugarRose22 @/Greenwolfkate @/CelesteNova @/GoddessOfCarries @/MusicalAnima @/strangeseraph @/EliTheBear @/Vipera @/Tobias @/Lovinos @/88V @/JoyLayne @/LadyEllesmere @/balthy @/Matou @/Valore @/SmolSeed @/CornixElecti @/Windshear @/Warriorgirl1234 @/danijust @/Dewyisdewy @/Cheshly @/BlackJasper [b][size=4]Pinglist for Next Year:[/size][/b] @/OnlysDragonDen @/MusicalAnima @/JoyLayne @/Cheshly @/Kvon [/center]
Pinglists

Participants:
1. @/Lallie
2. @/TabithaMori
3. @/Kvon
4. @/JonTargaryen
5. @/BlackJasper
6. @/Superbia
7. @/mPhish
8. @/Windshear
9. @/Ashki
10. @/SugarRose22
11. @/Greenwolfkate
12. @/CelesteNova
13. @/GoddessOfCarries
14. @/MusicalAnima
15. @/strangeseraph
16. @/EliTheBear
17. @/Vipera
18. @/Tobias
19. @/Lovinos
20. @/88V
21. @/JoyLayne
22. @/sleeplessfaun
23. @/LadyEllesmere
24. @/balthy
25. @/Matou
26. @/Valore
27. @/SmolSeed
28. @/CornixElecti
29. @/Warriorgirl1234
30. @/danijust
31. @/Dewyisdewy
32. @/Cheshly

Daily Ping:
@/TabithaMori @/Kvon @/JonTargaryen @/Superbia @/mPhish @/Ashki @/SugarRose22 @/Greenwolfkate @/CelesteNova @/GoddessOfCarries @/MusicalAnima @/strangeseraph @/EliTheBear @/Vipera @/Tobias @/Lovinos @/88V @/JoyLayne @/LadyEllesmere @/balthy @/Matou @/Valore @/SmolSeed @/CornixElecti @/Windshear @/Warriorgirl1234 @/danijust @/Dewyisdewy @/Cheshly @/BlackJasper

Pinglist for Next Year:
@/OnlysDragonDen @/MusicalAnima @/JoyLayne @/Cheshly @/Kvon

qvTNuJR.png

candle-smol.png
[center][img]https://m1.paperblog.com/i/298/2984224/concurso-pesebres-artisticos-2014-L-6IdD1_.jpeg[/img][/center]
qvTNuJR.png

candle-smol.png
Open <3
Open <3
qvTNuJR.png

candle-smol.png
Friend! I remember enjoying this challenge as well. Go ahead and add me to the ping list!
Friend! I remember enjoying this challenge as well. Go ahead and add me to the ping list!
@Kvon

Ahhh it's you! I remember doing the last one with you! I am so glad you've decided to do it again :D
@Kvon

Ahhh it's you! I remember doing the last one with you! I am so glad you've decided to do it again :D
qvTNuJR.png

candle-smol.png
@Lallie please add me to the every day pinglist! I don't know if I'll be able to make every single part of the challenge but I know I can make some of them. :D
@Lallie please add me to the every day pinglist! I don't know if I'll be able to make every single part of the challenge but I know I can make some of them. :D
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
Please add me to the every day pinglist ! This looks amazing ^^

~

Please add me to the every day pinglist ! This looks amazing ^^

~

18310.png

16O8Mgv.gif

mass hatch on June 17, come join !!!!!
this is beautiful; please add me to the everyday ping list!
this is beautiful; please add me to the everyday ping list!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25 26