Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Imp Antlers and Lifespans
1 2 3 4
@AestheticOwl Yeah, Gravity Falls, the M rated show, for sexual references and screaming unicorns. xD And don't forget terrible language.
@AestheticOwl Yeah, Gravity Falls, the M rated show, for sexual references and screaming unicorns. xD And don't forget terrible language.
I like the color green
@Isaac on point xD
@Isaac on point xD
Nothing here... IMG_2249.gif
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2262775
Join this Raffle!
[quote name="RainbowRay" date=2017-09-18 10:59:03] That's an interesting idea. Noticing your friend's antlers growing faster than your own would be so sad though :( I wonder if an imp with extra-fast growing antlers would try to file them down or otherwise disguise their size so their friends and family wouldn't worry. [/quote] Okay but imagine hatchlings comparing antler sizes and being all excited about it, only realizing what it meant later on in life This may or may not be based in a thing I did with classmates in kindergarten about our parents' ages. [size=1][s]We were all impressed by the one boy who had parents in their sixties. [spoiler]Then I realized I stopped seeing them around sometime when we were teens.[/spoiler][/s][/size] Super old imps being crotchety old grumps because they've outlived everyone they ever care about Young imps with large antlers becoming increasingly reckless because they've realized how short their lives will be Parents praying to whichever deity they follow that their hatchling's antlers will grow slowly
RainbowRay wrote on 2017-09-18:
That's an interesting idea. Noticing your friend's antlers growing faster than your own would be so sad though :(
I wonder if an imp with extra-fast growing antlers would try to file them down or otherwise disguise their size so their friends and family wouldn't worry.

Okay but imagine hatchlings comparing antler sizes and being all excited about it, only realizing what it meant later on in life

This may or may not be based in a thing I did with classmates in kindergarten about our parents' ages. We were all impressed by the one boy who had parents in their sixties. Then I realized I stopped seeing them around sometime when we were teens.

Super old imps being crotchety old grumps because they've outlived everyone they ever care about

Young imps with large antlers becoming increasingly reckless because they've realized how short their lives will be

Parents praying to whichever deity they follow that their hatchling's antlers will grow slowly
[internal screaming intensifies]
hecate_flipped-_free_pc_lineart_-_lichtdrache.pngtumblr_ohh672qi5s1voq7eio2_r2_100.pngtumblr_ohh672qi5s1voq7eio3_r1_100.pngtumblr_ohh672qi5s1voq7eio4_r1_100.pngtumblr_ohh672qi5s1voq7eio1_r1_100.pnghecate_-_free_pc_lineart_-_lichtdrache.png
[quote name="Reilata" date=2017-09-18 11:29:08] [quote name="@BezimiennyRaptor" date=2017-09-18 11:21:32] I thought all dragons are immportal oh my god [/quote] Nope. [quote] Question and Answer 18 hopefulkiwi asked: I don’t know if this has been asked already but I was wondering do the dragons have a lifespan of some kind? For our game purposes, dragons’ don’t die. We didn’t want for someone to get a special breed and gene combination that they worked really hard for, leveled up, RP-d with, and grew attached to, only to have it die. I know that some breeding sims have used lifespans to good effect, but we don’t feel it would enhance Flight Rising. Lore-wise they can and do grow old and die. Barring injury, accident, or illness, they do this three ways: They lose magic over time until they have none left and they die. This is rare, but dragons who lose magic over time tend to die early-on, after only a handful of years. A healthy dragon who wasn’t magic-deficient from birth has the potential to be critically injured magically, in which case they may begin a decline and die a few years later, the length of time depending on how much magic potential they had to start with before they began losing the ability to replenish it. They maintain a consistent and healthy level of magic and their bodies are the limiting factor, aging and eventually giving out. This is considered the norm, and is health and breed-dependent. They grow in power as they age, until they have so much magic in them that their physical bodies can’t contain it. These die, and the magic they accumulated returns to the world. Once a dragon reaches a certain threshhold of magic, they die quickly. Until that point, there’s a span between the healthy levels of magic and burn-out that actually extends the lifespan of the dragon. (but if you keep growing past this, your dragon is going to magically explode.) Magically strong dragons have the potential to live the longest, but that potential is very rarely realized. They burn-out brilliantly, and serve as cautionary tales for young drakes. [/quote] Blowing up due to having too much magic, is actually a thing! Don't be power mongers kids. [/quote] what the fresh heck... i need to go rethink my lore...and my LIFE
Reilata wrote on 2017-09-18:
@BezimiennyRaptor wrote on 2017-09-18:
I thought all dragons are immportal oh my god

Nope.
Quote:

Question and Answer 18
hopefulkiwi asked: I don’t know if this has been asked already but I was wondering do the dragons have a lifespan of some kind?

For our game purposes, dragons’ don’t die. We didn’t want for someone to get a special breed and gene combination that they worked really hard for, leveled up, RP-d with, and grew attached to, only to have it die. I know that some breeding sims have used lifespans to good effect, but we don’t feel it would enhance Flight Rising.

Lore-wise they can and do grow old and die. Barring injury, accident, or illness, they do this three ways:

They lose magic over time until they have none left and they die. This is rare, but dragons who lose magic over time tend to die early-on, after only a handful of years. A healthy dragon who wasn’t magic-deficient from birth has the potential to be critically injured magically, in which case they may begin a decline and die a few years later, the length of time depending on how much magic potential they had to start with before they began losing the ability to replenish it.

They maintain a consistent and healthy level of magic and their bodies are the limiting factor, aging and eventually giving out. This is considered the norm, and is health and breed-dependent.

They grow in power as they age, until they have so much magic in them that their physical bodies can’t contain it. These die, and the magic they accumulated returns to the world. Once a dragon reaches a certain threshhold of magic, they die quickly. Until that point, there’s a span between the healthy levels of magic and burn-out that actually extends the lifespan of the dragon. (but if you keep growing past this, your dragon is going to magically explode.) Magically strong dragons have the potential to live the longest, but that potential is very rarely realized. They burn-out brilliantly, and serve as cautionary tales for young drakes.

Blowing up due to having too much magic, is actually a thing! Don't be power mongers kids.

what the fresh heck...

i need to go rethink my lore...and my LIFE
1185.png 1186.png 1187.png 1188.png
Geeze, looking through the older threads is a great way to find obscure site lore.

That being said, I wonder how imps with broken antlers (unable to grow, disfigured, etc.) feel. If they don't know how old they'll get, all they can do is hope, I guess.
Geeze, looking through the older threads is a great way to find obscure site lore.

That being said, I wonder how imps with broken antlers (unable to grow, disfigured, etc.) feel. If they don't know how old they'll get, all they can do is hope, I guess.
I love pings! Don't be afraid to ping me; I tend to miss a lot of replies, even if they're right after my own post, so please, please ping if you want me to see!
  • FR+0 Time
jRhMriG.png
are you a shower or a grower xDDDDDDD

sadfilakhsgdfgasfklgagk i read it wrong i assumed that you meant they'd grow longer as a dragon gets older haha so that if they're really really really old they'll have super long curled antlers

also im sad now ouchies
are you a shower or a grower xDDDDDDD

sadfilakhsgdfgasfklgagk i read it wrong i assumed that you meant they'd grow longer as a dragon gets older haha so that if they're really really really old they'll have super long curled antlers

also im sad now ouchies
Shattered Glass
|[skins]les chats'
|[$]art shop
|aesthetic™ busts
|100 eggs quest
[quote name="Reilata" date="2017-09-18 11:29:08" ] [quote name="@/BezimiennyRaptor" date=2017-09-18 11:21:32] I thought all dragons are immportal oh my god [/quote] Nope. [quote] Question and Answer 18 hopefulkiwi asked: I don’t know if this has been asked already but I was wondering do the dragons have a lifespan of some kind? For our game purposes, dragons’ don’t die. We didn’t want for someone to get a special breed and gene combination that they worked really hard for, leveled up, RP-d with, and grew attached to, only to have it die. I know that some breeding sims have used lifespans to good effect, but we don’t feel it would enhance Flight Rising. Lore-wise they can and do grow old and die. Barring injury, accident, or illness, they do this three ways: They lose magic over time until they have none left and they die. This is rare, but dragons who lose magic over time tend to die early-on, after only a handful of years. A healthy dragon who wasn’t magic-deficient from birth has the potential to be critically injured magically, in which case they may begin a decline and die a few years later, the length of time depending on how much magic potential they had to start with before they began losing the ability to replenish it. They maintain a consistent and healthy level of magic and their bodies are the limiting factor, aging and eventually giving out. This is considered the norm, and is health and breed-dependent. They grow in power as they age, until they have so much magic in them that their physical bodies can’t contain it. These die, and the magic they accumulated returns to the world. Once a dragon reaches a certain threshhold of magic, they die quickly. Until that point, there’s a span between the healthy levels of magic and burn-out that actually extends the lifespan of the dragon. (but if you keep growing past this, your dragon is going to magically explode.) Magically strong dragons have the potential to live the longest, but that potential is very rarely realized. They burn-out brilliantly, and serve as cautionary tales for young drakes. [/quote] Blowing up due to having too much magic, is actually a thing! Don't be power mongers kids. [/quote] Makes you think about all the magically dead dragons some people have in their lore... [quote name="RainbowRay" date="2017-09-18 10:59:03" ] That's an interesting idea. Noticing your friend's antlers growing faster than your own would be so sad though :( I wonder if an imp with extra-fast growing antlers would try to file them down or otherwise disguise their size so their friends and family wouldn't worry. [/quote] Ok now I’m sad. Time to drown out my sadness through studying before I make Lore out of this... Wait... I SHOULD Edit: sorry for the accidental ping!!!
Reilata wrote on 2017-09-18 11:29:08:
@/BezimiennyRaptor wrote on 2017-09-18:
I thought all dragons are immportal oh my god

Nope.
Quote:

Question and Answer 18
hopefulkiwi asked: I don’t know if this has been asked already but I was wondering do the dragons have a lifespan of some kind?

For our game purposes, dragons’ don’t die. We didn’t want for someone to get a special breed and gene combination that they worked really hard for, leveled up, RP-d with, and grew attached to, only to have it die. I know that some breeding sims have used lifespans to good effect, but we don’t feel it would enhance Flight Rising.

Lore-wise they can and do grow old and die. Barring injury, accident, or illness, they do this three ways:

They lose magic over time until they have none left and they die. This is rare, but dragons who lose magic over time tend to die early-on, after only a handful of years. A healthy dragon who wasn’t magic-deficient from birth has the potential to be critically injured magically, in which case they may begin a decline and die a few years later, the length of time depending on how much magic potential they had to start with before they began losing the ability to replenish it.

They maintain a consistent and healthy level of magic and their bodies are the limiting factor, aging and eventually giving out. This is considered the norm, and is health and breed-dependent.

They grow in power as they age, until they have so much magic in them that their physical bodies can’t contain it. These die, and the magic they accumulated returns to the world. Once a dragon reaches a certain threshhold of magic, they die quickly. Until that point, there’s a span between the healthy levels of magic and burn-out that actually extends the lifespan of the dragon. (but if you keep growing past this, your dragon is going to magically explode.) Magically strong dragons have the potential to live the longest, but that potential is very rarely realized. They burn-out brilliantly, and serve as cautionary tales for young drakes.

Blowing up due to having too much magic, is actually a thing! Don't be power mongers kids.

Makes you think about all the magically dead dragons some people have in their lore...
RainbowRay wrote on 2017-09-18 10:59:03:
That's an interesting idea. Noticing your friend's antlers growing faster than your own would be so sad though :(
I wonder if an imp with extra-fast growing antlers would try to file them down or otherwise disguise their size so their friends and family wouldn't worry.

Ok now I’m sad. Time to drown out my sadness through studying before I make Lore out of this...

Wait...

I SHOULD

Edit: sorry for the accidental ping!!!
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | They/them | 3+ FR Time | Student
Only dragons from tabs NOT marked with an ❌, should be picked for forum games!
Seeking...
Skin: wandering independence
Please PM!
[quote name="PSICadet" date="2017-09-18 15:18:08" ] Then what about eternally youthful Imperials? Do they use the scrolls in the hopes that it will let them live longer? That said, do the scrolls do nothing, and do they die slowly in the body of a hatchling while attempting to convince themselves and their close ones that they're all right, and everything will turn out fine? I'm honestly surprised that no one has asked this before. [/quote] GOOD POINT like.....can permababies die???? HAs anyone talked about this??? WHEN DO THEY DIE???? HOW DO THEY-
PSICadet wrote on 2017-09-18 15:18:08:
Then what about eternally youthful Imperials? Do they use the scrolls in the hopes that it will let them live longer? That said, do the scrolls do nothing, and do they die slowly in the body of a hatchling while attempting to convince themselves and their close ones that they're all right, and everything will turn out fine?

I'm honestly surprised that no one has asked this before.

GOOD POINT like.....can permababies die???? HAs anyone talked about this??? WHEN DO THEY DIE???? HOW DO THEY-
JNgbpVq.gif
1 2 3 4