Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | No more retired = ruined festival for me
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 17
Oh I remember the days when I thought Festivals were an Early Christmas.....
Oh I remember the days when I thought Festivals were an Early Christmas.....
ljGEvKm.png
My real two cents though, I never bothered using festivals as a money maker. I would buy one of each new thing and save my leftover currency for the next festival. So, yeah, I don't understand why it's a big deal when I've never bothered and also am not hurting for money. Not everyone is a goblin looking to make the most money they can.

I am not a fan of the "let newbies be able to afford things" mentality either though because having goals is what keeps people going, when everything is cheap or free you lose interest... but there are many other goals on this site than just festival items.

Edit: I always thought festivals were boring, the currency is just RNG and there's no skill to it anyway. I think this is why I don't care about the change.
My real two cents though, I never bothered using festivals as a money maker. I would buy one of each new thing and save my leftover currency for the next festival. So, yeah, I don't understand why it's a big deal when I've never bothered and also am not hurting for money. Not everyone is a goblin looking to make the most money they can.

I am not a fan of the "let newbies be able to afford things" mentality either though because having goals is what keeps people going, when everything is cheap or free you lose interest... but there are many other goals on this site than just festival items.

Edit: I always thought festivals were boring, the currency is just RNG and there's no skill to it anyway. I think this is why I don't care about the change.
birkinweskerfr.png
@ShiraCheshire
(Some people don't like being pinged! The forums have made me cautious, apologies.)

I understand and appreciate the clarification (that post of mine was just poking fun, really), but the Minecraft example you've used is so incredibly personalized and specific that attributing those feelings to the pro-retirement folks en masse is kinda unfair. Especially since so many of them aren't even oldies!

My main complaint here isn't the product of ennui. It's that site-wide events, which are supposed to be a change of pace that rolls us all out of our collective beds, aren't getting half of us there anymore because they've lost a dimension that we cared about (earning rare things!), without replacing it with anything interesting. FR can make the trickle... tricklier, or try something else, but as is, there's just not as much to do during festival time.
@ShiraCheshire
(Some people don't like being pinged! The forums have made me cautious, apologies.)

I understand and appreciate the clarification (that post of mine was just poking fun, really), but the Minecraft example you've used is so incredibly personalized and specific that attributing those feelings to the pro-retirement folks en masse is kinda unfair. Especially since so many of them aren't even oldies!

My main complaint here isn't the product of ennui. It's that site-wide events, which are supposed to be a change of pace that rolls us all out of our collective beds, aren't getting half of us there anymore because they've lost a dimension that we cared about (earning rare things!), without replacing it with anything interesting. FR can make the trickle... tricklier, or try something else, but as is, there's just not as much to do during festival time.
@raydelblau That is a good point - that there is no longer any way to obtain high profit items through effort, but only through RNG. That is what the festivals used to have, but don't any more. I don't think retiring festival items is the answer, but they could add something else to fill this gap.

@RicochetRomance I am extremely confused by your post? Light Sprites cost a LOT more than 240 gems, and 240 gems is the equivalent of only $2.40? And Light Sprites don't stock in the marketplace? ??
@raydelblau That is a good point - that there is no longer any way to obtain high profit items through effort, but only through RNG. That is what the festivals used to have, but don't any more. I don't think retiring festival items is the answer, but they could add something else to fill this gap.

@RicochetRomance I am extremely confused by your post? Light Sprites cost a LOT more than 240 gems, and 240 gems is the equivalent of only $2.40? And Light Sprites don't stock in the marketplace? ??
Did never bother for festivals about the profit. Its like a video game where i wish most of the games i play had more challenge to it. Instead they only make games easier and more boring to play. Same happened here, it was at least a challenge to get the stuff and now its just do nothing and wait aka brewing currency or whatever lazy ways there are.
I also just dont like festivals anymore because its always the same... Im up for something new to get excited about, something need to work for and not easy to get.
Did never bother for festivals about the profit. Its like a video game where i wish most of the games i play had more challenge to it. Instead they only make games easier and more boring to play. Same happened here, it was at least a challenge to get the stuff and now its just do nothing and wait aka brewing currency or whatever lazy ways there are.
I also just dont like festivals anymore because its always the same... Im up for something new to get excited about, something need to work for and not easy to get.
6WUYXR5.png Etna (FR+9)
She/They
Likes to make sprites
Gen 1 lair
@Toska And the festival item market crash is the result of the increased rate of new signups. It was inevitable, though perhaps helped along by Baldwin brewing and new venues. The principle and exact reason for the two separate crashes may be different, but the concept is the same - increased supply (more people grinding fest currency to sell fest items) equals decreased demand. Joxar Boxes are not the reason for the crash at all.
@Toska And the festival item market crash is the result of the increased rate of new signups. It was inevitable, though perhaps helped along by Baldwin brewing and new venues. The principle and exact reason for the two separate crashes may be different, but the concept is the same - increased supply (more people grinding fest currency to sell fest items) equals decreased demand. Joxar Boxes are not the reason for the crash at all.
they/them • 27 • FR+0

did Atropos even know you had a name?
or when she'd cut the line, that it would leave half my tale untold?

how could you leave half a tale untold?
@PsychoSeparatist

This may just be incredibly cynical but I feel like if they locked items behind a real challenge, people would get whiny about how it's unfair... so as much as I wish it would happen, I have doubts.

Hmm. I suppose I understand why people are upset, in a way. It's enforcing instant gratification and the dumbing down of things for inclusivity. HmmMMM.

Edit: Oh no, a page topper. I feel like I gotta say that I still don't care and am overthinking things for fun.
@PsychoSeparatist

This may just be incredibly cynical but I feel like if they locked items behind a real challenge, people would get whiny about how it's unfair... so as much as I wish it would happen, I have doubts.

Hmm. I suppose I understand why people are upset, in a way. It's enforcing instant gratification and the dumbing down of things for inclusivity. HmmMMM.

Edit: Oh no, a page topper. I feel like I gotta say that I still don't care and am overthinking things for fun.
birkinweskerfr.png
I feel you. Festivals have been boring since Baldwin came about, tbh.
I feel you. Festivals have been boring since Baldwin came about, tbh.
PJb908Z.png
I think one problem, that has been brought up, is that people, new people included, are expecting to make a lot of profit of of fest items when that just doesn't line up with reality. I don't think it would even if the items were retired. I bought up all the acolytes and goblins easily this year, and I only got back into the game in March iirc.

I guess I just don't have the expectation that the fest items I buy will be worth a whole lot, especially not off the bat, so I find it difficult to relate to a lot of the frustrations about making money. There's just no way that current or even a year or two ago fest items will reach sprite or 2013-14 levels of expense because there are more people on the site, it's easier to get currency, etc etc, all these points have been covered.

I'm impartial when it comes to retiring/not retiring the fest items though. I just agree with others that retiring them wouldn't fix the issue. I don't know that it would fix the feeling of ennui people have either. For that, I really don't know what a good solution would be.
I think one problem, that has been brought up, is that people, new people included, are expecting to make a lot of profit of of fest items when that just doesn't line up with reality. I don't think it would even if the items were retired. I bought up all the acolytes and goblins easily this year, and I only got back into the game in March iirc.

I guess I just don't have the expectation that the fest items I buy will be worth a whole lot, especially not off the bat, so I find it difficult to relate to a lot of the frustrations about making money. There's just no way that current or even a year or two ago fest items will reach sprite or 2013-14 levels of expense because there are more people on the site, it's easier to get currency, etc etc, all these points have been covered.

I'm impartial when it comes to retiring/not retiring the fest items though. I just agree with others that retiring them wouldn't fix the issue. I don't know that it would fix the feeling of ennui people have either. For that, I really don't know what a good solution would be.
I still collect my usual number of apparel and familiar pieces even though they're not really worth it anymore, mostly just because you never know when you're going to need an extra, especially with the apparel.

But I can definitely commiserate with the lack of enthusiasm for festivals lately. To me it kind of feels like they've fallen into a rut though, I think. I noticed it first during Thundercrack when all the winning skins and accents were kind of the same, and Flameforger's seems to have gone the same way. That isn't meant with any disrespect at all to the artists who won. I like their work and I could certainly never make a skin or accent that good myself, but... they're all kind of the same thing. And the same goes for the apparel. I want something more like the apparel from the original festivals, and I want more variety. Even that would up the excitement a little I think, retiring items or no.
I still collect my usual number of apparel and familiar pieces even though they're not really worth it anymore, mostly just because you never know when you're going to need an extra, especially with the apparel.

But I can definitely commiserate with the lack of enthusiasm for festivals lately. To me it kind of feels like they've fallen into a rut though, I think. I noticed it first during Thundercrack when all the winning skins and accents were kind of the same, and Flameforger's seems to have gone the same way. That isn't meant with any disrespect at all to the artists who won. I like their work and I could certainly never make a skin or accent that good myself, but... they're all kind of the same thing. And the same goes for the apparel. I want something more like the apparel from the original festivals, and I want more variety. Even that would up the excitement a little I think, retiring items or no.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 17