Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | is it worth it to farm festivals now?
1 2 3 4
[quote name="vhyxe" date=2017-08-27 17:09:36] To be honest, I don't think so. Festivals have lost all of their values now. [/quote] Yeah, there's really no profit to be had from them anymore. Just get enough to get what you want personally and call it quits.
vhyxe wrote on 2017-08-27:
To be honest, I don't think so. Festivals have lost all of their values now.

Yeah, there's really no profit to be had from them anymore. Just get enough to get what you want personally and call it quits.
PJb908Z.png
As someone who can barely farm anymore, and only does until I get all the items I want, I can say it's probably still a good idea to farm and flip. You may not make as much as other items, but there's always gonna be last minute buyers, people who can't farm and have to buy if they want any festival items, or people who just want a lot of each thing for their hoards. There's also always gonna be some people like me who love festivals and pretty much plan their month around having enough treasure to quickly buy new festival items off the AH when they're too slow at the marketplace :)

I'd say if you're losing profit then don't do it, but if you're good at flipping then there's still some worth in it. Though it's your choice and you should do whatever works best for yourself!
As someone who can barely farm anymore, and only does until I get all the items I want, I can say it's probably still a good idea to farm and flip. You may not make as much as other items, but there's always gonna be last minute buyers, people who can't farm and have to buy if they want any festival items, or people who just want a lot of each thing for their hoards. There's also always gonna be some people like me who love festivals and pretty much plan their month around having enough treasure to quickly buy new festival items off the AH when they're too slow at the marketplace :)

I'd say if you're losing profit then don't do it, but if you're good at flipping then there's still some worth in it. Though it's your choice and you should do whatever works best for yourself!
fa1e3e3278.gifc8b283e239.gifc6b764d732.gif
I always get a couple extra copies of each vista, apparel item, and familiar if I can help it. They may not be so valuable now, but years from now, if FR is still up and running, I can sell some things for mad cash.
I always get a couple extra copies of each vista, apparel item, and familiar if I can help it. They may not be so valuable now, but years from now, if FR is still up and running, I can sell some things for mad cash.
oZSMaBu.png "Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
they/them
tumblr_nr8pjkHLgO1tm17oeo6_75sq.pngtumblr_nr8pjkHLgO1tm17oeo5_75sq.png
[/code]
I like to hoard chests, familiars, vistas and apparel. Not crazy amount but a few extra. It is true I probably won't make mad cash, but years from now they may be worth something or I can donate them to raffles or newbies.
I like to hoard chests, familiars, vistas and apparel. Not crazy amount but a few extra. It is true I probably won't make mad cash, but years from now they may be worth something or I can donate them to raffles or newbies.
Y1Z8zn6.pngSDMVm6k.png9gyY1jx.png
Definitely not for the skins/accents. In all likelyhood, you'll be able to buy any you want in a month's time for less than sell price now. It might be worth picking up a few of the familiars and apparel items, but even there you won't make a huge amount
Definitely not for the skins/accents. In all likelyhood, you'll be able to buy any you want in a month's time for less than sell price now. It might be worth picking up a few of the familiars and apparel items, but even there you won't make a huge amount
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
I do it out of habit now, but profit wise it is useless. I've so much leftover stuff from last year that I'll never be able to sell decently.

Joxar chests just.. ruined festivals in that aspect, and I used to love grinding for them because you get a bunch of stuff you can sell. Now it is mainly a hassle.
What is the point?
I do it out of habit now, but profit wise it is useless. I've so much leftover stuff from last year that I'll never be able to sell decently.

Joxar chests just.. ruined festivals in that aspect, and I used to love grinding for them because you get a bunch of stuff you can sell. Now it is mainly a hassle.
What is the point?
I'm very blunt and straightforward.
Yes, I never use any vistas.

For ease of access: She/Her.

Also I hoard the hyena familiars.
At the very least, I like to get a couple pieces of the apparel, just in case I'd like to use more than one of it on my dragons. I like to get an extra vista and familiar too just in case I need it. There are always people looking to catch up on festival items who are willing to trade.
At the very least, I like to get a couple pieces of the apparel, just in case I'd like to use more than one of it on my dragons. I like to get an extra vista and familiar too just in case I need it. There are always people looking to catch up on festival items who are willing to trade.
5zYeaji.png OfDGPyR.gif
I think it wouldn't have been so bad if they kept on retiring all of the festival stuff...
I think it wouldn't have been so bad if they kept on retiring all of the festival stuff...
tastefulmarketing.gif
I used to farm like mad during fest weeks to get extra items, just in case. But nowadays I feel like I can buy whatever I need later on, it's not like this stuff will ever inflate in price. It's not worth it, the prices will be the same even a year or two from now.
I used to farm like mad during fest weeks to get extra items, just in case. But nowadays I feel like I can buy whatever I need later on, it's not like this stuff will ever inflate in price. It's not worth it, the prices will be the same even a year or two from now.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
7G6xGb.png
Things you *can* farm (always!): Baldwin mats.

I only ever break down extra familiars and apparel in Baldwin now. So that leaves me needing lots of the basic mats for making the Baldwin skins & the 5 oozes for the trinket!

So, I take the extra white/black Slimes & silver/gold Mucks I always have, and sell those for folks who need them to make Joxar trinket!!

Just paid for my holiday mat purchases & skin buys.
Things you *can* farm (always!): Baldwin mats.

I only ever break down extra familiars and apparel in Baldwin now. So that leaves me needing lots of the basic mats for making the Baldwin skins & the 5 oozes for the trinket!

So, I take the extra white/black Slimes & silver/gold Mucks I always have, and sell those for folks who need them to make Joxar trinket!!

Just paid for my holiday mat purchases & skin buys.
84si1j.png
1 2 3 4