Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Sometimes I just want to start over
Sell all my dragons. Exalt my progens (again) and then do a challenge where I hatch 1 (or 2) eggs every week.. and I have to keep it or I have to wait another week to hatch another egg.

Seems fun, challenging.. and I probably become more attatched to my dragons.. I could write bios for them.. since I only add 1 dragon every week that'd be easy peasy.

But then I look at my lair and think.. No?? I worked so hard for all of them.. most of them are g1s except for the first 5 that was an expensive perma baby project. ;~; (and I like the aesthetic I'm just so bored at the moment with FR)

What do you guys do on FR when a bit bored?

Coli challenges? Or forum games.. ? stuff like that.. I need some tips/advice before I make regretful decisions.

Sell all my dragons. Exalt my progens (again) and then do a challenge where I hatch 1 (or 2) eggs every week.. and I have to keep it or I have to wait another week to hatch another egg.

Seems fun, challenging.. and I probably become more attatched to my dragons.. I could write bios for them.. since I only add 1 dragon every week that'd be easy peasy.

But then I look at my lair and think.. No?? I worked so hard for all of them.. most of them are g1s except for the first 5 that was an expensive perma baby project. ;~; (and I like the aesthetic I'm just so bored at the moment with FR)

What do you guys do on FR when a bit bored?

Coli challenges? Or forum games.. ? stuff like that.. I need some tips/advice before I make regretful decisions.

@Celestria you could write lore for your current dragons? That takes some time and creativity as well, and you would become even more attached to your dragons and don't think about starting over.

Your lair is beautiful, I see you worked really hard on it!
@Celestria you could write lore for your current dragons? That takes some time and creativity as well, and you would become even more attached to your dragons and don't think about starting over.

Your lair is beautiful, I see you worked really hard on it!
@Celestria

I started doing coliseum challenges! Basically I did a bit of everything. Trying to get all vistas, all bosses, any eggs if I could get my hands on them, but not counting a venue as 'finished' until I have obtained all the available familiars from that venue..!

It definitely helped rekindle my enthusiasm a bit! :) A lot of them fun is in sharing your achievements and woes with fellow challenge participants. I 'officially' participate in the all familiar coliseum challenge. :) I also participate in the chest challenge, but that challenge is a lot slower. Basically our only high point is once a year when you open up all the chests you've saved for a year.

Since you don't have many familiars, perhaps a coliseum challenge focused at obtaining familiars would be interesting for you? You could bond with them, earn them shiny chests, and hoard them like me, or open them as you get them for daily goodies ^^
@Celestria

I started doing coliseum challenges! Basically I did a bit of everything. Trying to get all vistas, all bosses, any eggs if I could get my hands on them, but not counting a venue as 'finished' until I have obtained all the available familiars from that venue..!

It definitely helped rekindle my enthusiasm a bit! :) A lot of them fun is in sharing your achievements and woes with fellow challenge participants. I 'officially' participate in the all familiar coliseum challenge. :) I also participate in the chest challenge, but that challenge is a lot slower. Basically our only high point is once a year when you open up all the chests you've saved for a year.

Since you don't have many familiars, perhaps a coliseum challenge focused at obtaining familiars would be interesting for you? You could bond with them, earn them shiny chests, and hoard them like me, or open them as you get them for daily goodies ^^
@Merminea yeah I tried to write an overal story that explains my lair, and I wanted to write bios for my dragons but the amount of dragons is keeping me back. xD
@Merminea yeah I tried to write an overal story that explains my lair, and I wanted to write bios for my dragons but the amount of dragons is keeping me back. xD
@Gaia Hmmm I might be interested in doing that familiar challenge.. Maybe I manage to get some eggs if I'm lucky. :P Thanks for the advice.
@Gaia Hmmm I might be interested in doing that familiar challenge.. Maybe I manage to get some eggs if I'm lucky. :P Thanks for the advice.
@Celestria I've been doing the challenge since February, and haven't had much luck yet with eggs, but a friend of mine has found 8 or 9 already. And they started not much earlier than I did! So who knows?! Fingers crossed! :)

(Also I peaked at your lair..! It is AWE-SOME!)
@Celestria I've been doing the challenge since February, and haven't had much luck yet with eggs, but a friend of mine has found 8 or 9 already. And they started not much earlier than I did! So who knows?! Fingers crossed! :)

(Also I peaked at your lair..! It is AWE-SOME!)
@Gaia Yeah eggs.. sometimes I get 2 in a day.. and then they dissapear for months. And thank you so much, I'm really happy with it.. that's why I need something to keep me busy for awhile because I know myself.. I'm really impulsive when I'm bored.
@Gaia Yeah eggs.. sometimes I get 2 in a day.. and then they dissapear for months. And thank you so much, I'm really happy with it.. that's why I need something to keep me busy for awhile because I know myself.. I'm really impulsive when I'm bored.
@Celestria
If it´s the number of dragons you have that´s daunting you but you don´t want to exalt them... you could always play the same game with them. Instead of hatching an egg each week, you could just use an rng or something to pick one of your current dragons to be that week´s "hatch" and pretend the rest doesn´t exist until it´s their turn.
@Celestria
If it´s the number of dragons you have that´s daunting you but you don´t want to exalt them... you could always play the same game with them. Instead of hatching an egg each week, you could just use an rng or something to pick one of your current dragons to be that week´s "hatch" and pretend the rest doesn´t exist until it´s their turn.
@Morigan Hmm.. I think that idea could work..
Like I could randomly select 2 dragons each week and write a bio for them. :D
@Morigan Hmm.. I think that idea could work..
Like I could randomly select 2 dragons each week and write a bio for them. :D
@Celestria
Yup, just like that. :)
@Celestria
Yup, just like that. :)