Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | i just realized
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
This is perfect.
This is perfect.
My Item Sales Thread / My Dragon Sales Thread / My Wishlist Dragon
This is my new favorite thread.
This is my new favorite thread.
poor thing... needs to update his forum signature and hasn't yet. oh well!
This is more of a semantics thing, however, it would be beneficial for newer players if we all used accurate terms. On Flight Rising our team is split into staff/developers (those with the title of Administrator under their names) and volunteer moderators/mods (those with the title of Moderator).

• Moderators/Mods graciously volunteer their time to help keep our forums running at peak efficiency.
  • Staff/Developers work on/create the content for the website.

I KNOW, BUZZKILL POST. But the distinction is important to help clear up any confusion. :)
This is more of a semantics thing, however, it would be beneficial for newer players if we all used accurate terms. On Flight Rising our team is split into staff/developers (those with the title of Administrator under their names) and volunteer moderators/mods (those with the title of Moderator).

• Moderators/Mods graciously volunteer their time to help keep our forums running at peak efficiency.
  • Staff/Developers work on/create the content for the website.

I KNOW, BUZZKILL POST. But the distinction is important to help clear up any confusion. :)
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
@Xhaztol

I'm sorry I just call every person on the team a mod.

Rip
@Xhaztol

Rip
hello ^.^
[quote name="Xhaztol" date=2017-03-12 10:52:47] Oh is it?[/quote] T H E - N O G G L E - H A S - S P O K E N
Xhaztol wrote on 2017-03-12:
Oh is it?
T H E - N O G G L E - H A S - S P O K E N
he/theyautistic

(i'll edit my signature soon, i promise.)
[quote name="Tigerdog" date=2017-03-12 11:24:27] @Xhaztol I'm sorry I just call every person on the team a mod. Rip [/quote] That's okay! For us, there's a clear line between teams so that the volunteer moderators (who are players willfully offering their free time to help the site) don't end up being asked or expected to answer development-related questions, which might put them in a tough spot!
Tigerdog wrote on 2017-03-12:
@Xhaztol

Rip

That's okay! For us, there's a clear line between teams so that the volunteer moderators (who are players willfully offering their free time to help the site) don't end up being asked or expected to answer development-related questions, which might put them in a tough spot!
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
[quote name="Xhaztol" date=2017-03-12 11:27:14] [quote name="Tigerdog" date=2017-03-12 11:24:27] @Xhaztol I'm sorry I just call every person on the team a mod. Rip [/quote] That's okay! For us, there's a clear line between teams so that the volunteer moderators (who are players willfully offering their free time to help the site) don't end up being asked or expected to answer development-related questions, which might put them in a tough spot! [/quote] [img]https://media.giphy.com/media/Oq1zCyNdatYbe/giphy.gif[/img]
Tigerdog wrote on 2017-03-12:
@Xhaztol

Rip

That's okay! For us, there's a clear line between teams so that the volunteer moderators (who are players willfully offering their free time to help the site) don't end up being asked or expected to answer development-related questions, which might put them in a tough spot!

giphy.gif
Actual photo of the admins: [center][img]https://s3.amazonaws.com/lowres.cartoonstock.com/accountants-lazy-lazy_worker-lazing_about-workload-worker-mfln7714_low.jpg[/img][/center]
Actual photo of the admins:

accountants-lazy-lazy_worker-lazing_about-workload-worker-mfln7714_low.jpg
CjZPX07.png
[quote name="Xhaztol" date=2017-03-12 11:22:06] This is more of a semantics thing, however, it would be beneficial for newer players if we all used accurate terms. On Flight Rising our team is split into staff/developers (those with the title of Administrator under their names) and volunteer moderators/mods (those with the title of Moderator). Moderators/Mods graciously volunteer their time to help keep our forums running at peak efficiency. Staff/Developers work on/create the content for the website. I KNOW, BUZZKILL POST. But the distinction is important to help clear up any confusion. :) [/quote] TIL - MODS MEANS MODERATORS AND NOT MERCHANTS OF DEATH LIKE I ORIGINALLY THOUGHT

Moderators/Mods graciously volunteer their time to help keep our forums running at peak efficiency.
Staff/Developers work on/create the content for the website.

TIL - MODS MEANS MODERATORS AND NOT MERCHANTS OF DEATH LIKE I ORIGINALLY THOUGHT

I think we can safely assume that the mods here have procrastinating problems and will start on that revamp coding like three days before the actual revamp
I think we can safely assume that the mods here have procrastinating problems and will start on that revamp coding like three days before the actual revamp
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16