Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What happened?
1 2 3 4
i remember when tomo didn't exist
i remember when tomo didn't exist
• FR+18 • She/They •
IKTR - Fandragons in Invictus, Hallownest, Equestria, and Fandragon Tabs
[quote name="Lonin" date=2017-02-25 13:10:17] :D Old Snapper lore. Also naga. [/quote] OH MY GOD I NEVER REALIZED THEY CHANGED THE NAMES OF THE NAGAS!! I mean...I [i]did[/i] (because I've called them Serthis since) but like...consciously I guess I never really thought about why its been years since I've seen the nagas. Oh good lord, I'm dumb XD
Lonin wrote on 2017-02-25:
:D Old Snapper lore. Also naga.

OH MY GOD I NEVER REALIZED THEY CHANGED THE NAMES OF THE NAGAS!!

I mean...I did (because I've called them Serthis since) but like...consciously I guess I never really thought about why its been years since I've seen the nagas. Oh good lord, I'm dumb XD
XriSV9h.gif
Things I'm learning abt that I didn't know were different before I got here: Snapper lore was changed and serthis were called Naga??? That's so cool

Anyway I only remember a handful of stuff being different, since I joined a year ago
Things I'm learning abt that I didn't know were different before I got here: Snapper lore was changed and serthis were called Naga??? That's so cool

Anyway I only remember a handful of stuff being different, since I joined a year ago
jUwfHJZ.pngevQiLxp.pnggiphy.gif
9dJ0IYz.png5fgEfWS.pngezgif-5-10c35f64cb.giftumblr_oznjvaReJs1w8xkufo7_250.pngtumblr_inline_nbaduayNyo1qg78ij.pngiirUfLO.pngj3jqCd5.pngLichtdrache.gif[/center]
@CrazyRedFire @LadyKnightKatsa
yup, Serthis were originally Naga, which was changed within the first month or so after FR opened to the public. Naga apparently references a religion (I don't really know, sorry) so it had to be changed.
@CrazyRedFire @LadyKnightKatsa
yup, Serthis were originally Naga, which was changed within the first month or so after FR opened to the public. Naga apparently references a religion (I don't really know, sorry) so it had to be changed.
frsig_by_shadria_anarchy-dc719i3.png
There weren't this many venues in coil, now there are two pages.
NotN changed and that was a good thing. The first one was terrible, truly.
So many bosses. THERE WERE NOT BOSSES BEFORE
Swipp's kids were not there
Neither was Tomo
Bows were hip and cool and new
There were skins in the Gem Markekplace tab
Gems were less than 1:400
1 mil was actually a lot, now not so much

get these dang children off my lawn.
There weren't this many venues in coil, now there are two pages.
NotN changed and that was a good thing. The first one was terrible, truly.
So many bosses. THERE WERE NOT BOSSES BEFORE
Swipp's kids were not there
Neither was Tomo
Bows were hip and cool and new
There were skins in the Gem Markekplace tab
Gems were less than 1:400
1 mil was actually a lot, now not so much

get these dang children off my lawn.
marina_small_by_wesleart_by_bombswan-db2x2ss.png
You also missed Sala's new ghostlight build that is all the rage in ice flight now, and a bunch of Dom stuff. Hmu or come back on discord and we'll fill you in. :D
You also missed Sala's new ghostlight build that is all the rage in ice flight now, and a bunch of Dom stuff. Hmu or come back on discord and we'll fill you in. :D
CjZPX07.png
Levelling dragons in Harpy's Roost because that was the highest level venue.
Downtimes of multiple days.
Light Sprites for 10kt

Lmao, I once offered 10mt for a KS familiar... which was a reasonable price.
Levelling dragons in Harpy's Roost because that was the highest level venue.
Downtimes of multiple days.
Light Sprites for 10kt

Lmao, I once offered 10mt for a KS familiar... which was a reasonable price.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
Being able to buy an eliminate for 30Kt
Being able to buy an eliminate for 30Kt
Eggs for 50 to 70kt
Coatls were new and fancy and omg you could make so much off of them
GEMBOND was everywhere... everywhere. ALL THE GEMBOND/CIRCUIT PAIRS. SO FANCY
Iri/shim were the only gem genes
Also clown/eyespot were actually considered popular/okay
Eggs for 50 to 70kt
Coatls were new and fancy and omg you could make so much off of them
GEMBOND was everywhere... everywhere. ALL THE GEMBOND/CIRCUIT PAIRS. SO FANCY
Iri/shim were the only gem genes
Also clown/eyespot were actually considered popular/okay
frsigbannersmskinny.png
I joined June 13th of 2015

This is what I remember:

-Baldwin had only been around for a couple months and was a pearlcatcher

-Gem to treasure ratio was about 1:650

-Swipp had no kids

-No Redrock cove, no Ghostlight Ruins, no Volcano Vents, no Crystal Pools

-Piebald and Paint were new and cool and very pricey

-I remember when glimmer was released

-I remember when Cherub was released, and Peregrine, and Giraffe and Hex, and Poison and Toxin, Skink and Spinner, Petals and Butterfly, Jupiter and Saturn, Falcon, Metallic and Alloy of course, Contour, Runes, Scales, Thylacine and Stained. I remember when all of them were new and pricey (some still are)

-I remember when there was only 64 or so colors on site

-There were skins in the Gem Marketplace (Including an absolutely gorgeous one for female ridgebacks that was called "Skin: Tarnished Rose" and I really wish I would have gotten but I was new so yeah)

-Less apparel, less familiars

-No Bogsneaks

-Only the Admins, Mods, and people who had won contests had Vistas. People would daydream of maybe winning a contest and getting a Vista one day... It was a dream that everyone had but they knew couldn't get easily... Until recently, it was a beautiful day. c:

-I remember the old Crossroads and how you could only trade dragons and you'd have to do it for 1 Treasure if you wanted something free and only one dragon at a time, you had to use Messages for everything else, which was a bit dangerous of scammers.

-I remember when you didn't know when a registration window would be, sometimes it'd come once a month for a couple days, sometimes it'd skip several months, you just didn't know...

-Artifracture didn't exist for awhile

-I remember when it updated from 145 lair spots maximum to 175.

-I remember when you only had 3 rows of dragons per page, and then it changed to 5, but that was too big so they changed it to the 4 rows we all know and love today

-There's probably more that I'm forgetting

EDIT: OH! And yes! I remember when the site had a rating for Teen at the bottom too! :3
I joined June 13th of 2015

This is what I remember:

-Baldwin had only been around for a couple months and was a pearlcatcher

-Gem to treasure ratio was about 1:650

-Swipp had no kids

-No Redrock cove, no Ghostlight Ruins, no Volcano Vents, no Crystal Pools

-Piebald and Paint were new and cool and very pricey

-I remember when glimmer was released

-I remember when Cherub was released, and Peregrine, and Giraffe and Hex, and Poison and Toxin, Skink and Spinner, Petals and Butterfly, Jupiter and Saturn, Falcon, Metallic and Alloy of course, Contour, Runes, Scales, Thylacine and Stained. I remember when all of them were new and pricey (some still are)

-I remember when there was only 64 or so colors on site

-There were skins in the Gem Marketplace (Including an absolutely gorgeous one for female ridgebacks that was called "Skin: Tarnished Rose" and I really wish I would have gotten but I was new so yeah)

-Less apparel, less familiars

-No Bogsneaks

-Only the Admins, Mods, and people who had won contests had Vistas. People would daydream of maybe winning a contest and getting a Vista one day... It was a dream that everyone had but they knew couldn't get easily... Until recently, it was a beautiful day. c:

-I remember the old Crossroads and how you could only trade dragons and you'd have to do it for 1 Treasure if you wanted something free and only one dragon at a time, you had to use Messages for everything else, which was a bit dangerous of scammers.

-I remember when you didn't know when a registration window would be, sometimes it'd come once a month for a couple days, sometimes it'd skip several months, you just didn't know...

-Artifracture didn't exist for awhile

-I remember when it updated from 145 lair spots maximum to 175.

-I remember when you only had 3 rows of dragons per page, and then it changed to 5, but that was too big so they changed it to the 4 rows we all know and love today

-There's probably more that I'm forgetting

EDIT: OH! And yes! I remember when the site had a rating for Teen at the bottom too! :3
a3665186-2e54-4922-869a-430b41931c92.png
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

Trigun Stampede - Dr. Stone
Fleet Foxes - Delicious in Dungeon

1 2 3 4