Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Do you ever wonder...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@LotuxCandy Huh, what language are the others derived from?
@LotuxCandy Huh, what language are the others derived from?
: +3
: Yes

Discord:
Museless_
SRtoOYm.gif
FAzNnJZ.gif
@HalfMoonTheWolf Yes and no. To be fair, I gave you two names with "hidden" consonants.

Syr - This one was close, but it actually has a Sh sound in it. I vaguely recall being told it was pronounced that way, but can no longer find references, shame on me. So this one is pronounced "Sheer"

Caiddri - this one was mean. It's got a Welsh letter in it - dd, (which is one letter in Welsh do not ask me why) which is a "th" sound. So this is pronounced "Kai-three".

Mael - Very close, actually! I pronounce it closer to "May-elle" but "Mail" is pretty darn close.
@HalfMoonTheWolf Yes and no. To be fair, I gave you two names with "hidden" consonants.

Syr - This one was close, but it actually has a Sh sound in it. I vaguely recall being told it was pronounced that way, but can no longer find references, shame on me. So this one is pronounced "Sheer"

Caiddri - this one was mean. It's got a Welsh letter in it - dd, (which is one letter in Welsh do not ask me why) which is a "th" sound. So this is pronounced "Kai-three".

Mael - Very close, actually! I pronounce it closer to "May-elle" but "Mail" is pretty darn close.
0lSM1SJ.pngnnJGoJp.png
@Naurath Man, I knew someone was gonna throw in some Welsh somewhere! That language is worse than Gaelic, when it comes to weird letters

@Naurath Man, I knew someone was gonna throw in some Welsh somewhere! That language is worse than Gaelic, when it comes to weird letters

Discord:
Museless_
SRtoOYm.gif
FAzNnJZ.gif
@HalfMoonTheWolf
I'm saying sim-ah-see-la and ave-ee-er-moos.
No idea if that's at all close.

How about... Douxain, Cuox, and Gila?
@HalfMoonTheWolf
I'm saying sim-ah-see-la and ave-ee-er-moos.
No idea if that's at all close.

How about... Douxain, Cuox, and Gila?
@HalfMoonTheWolf Personally, I pronounce "Cymascella" like SIM-a-SELL-ah. (^_^) Whenever I read "Aviermous" again, I seem to pronounce it differently each time. (> v <) The two main pronunciations I seem to lean on are a-VY-er-mus and A-vee-ER-mus.

I don't have many dragons that have complicated names, but here's my three that I guess kind of do:

Corbelia
Roffle
Lummao
@HalfMoonTheWolf Personally, I pronounce "Cymascella" like SIM-a-SELL-ah. (^_^) Whenever I read "Aviermous" again, I seem to pronounce it differently each time. (> v <) The two main pronunciations I seem to lean on are a-VY-er-mus and A-vee-ER-mus.

I don't have many dragons that have complicated names, but here's my three that I guess kind of do:

Corbelia
Roffle
Lummao
999_b_150px_jadebird_by_miirshroom-dbf4pr7.png
@vanadium Pretty close with Cyma, spot on with Avie!

Douxain = doo-SAY or doh-SHAYN
Cuox = Koh or Koo?
Gila = GEE-lah, like the poisonous reptile
@vanadium Pretty close with Cyma, spot on with Avie!

Douxain = doo-SAY or doh-SHAYN
Cuox = Koh or Koo?
Gila = GEE-lah, like the poisonous reptile

Discord:
Museless_
SRtoOYm.gif
FAzNnJZ.gif
@JadeBird Got the first one right! And your second guess at Avie too!

Corbelia = Kor-BEL-ee-ah
Roffle = Raw-fell?
Lummao = loo-MOW (not like mow the lawn, but meow without the e)
@JadeBird Got the first one right! And your second guess at Avie too!

Corbelia = Kor-BEL-ee-ah
Roffle = Raw-fell?
Lummao = loo-MOW (not like mow the lawn, but meow without the e)

Discord:
Museless_
SRtoOYm.gif
FAzNnJZ.gif
@HalfMoonTheWolf
Ahhh cool! I love pronouncation stuff so much.

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to have no n sound on the end, but half the clan puts one on anyway.
Technically doo-SHAY, but a lot of them say doo-SHAYN.
Cuox is actually exactly what it looks like— COO-ox. It's a kind of mash of copper's elemental symbol, and a shortening of oxide.
Gila is said HEE-la, and yep indeed it's like the reptile~

You did pretty well :D
@HalfMoonTheWolf
Ahhh cool! I love pronouncation stuff so much.

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to have no n sound on the end, but half the clan puts one on anyway.
Technically doo-SHAY, but a lot of them say doo-SHAYN.
Cuox is actually exactly what it looks like— COO-ox. It's a kind of mash of copper's elemental symbol, and a shortening of oxide.
Gila is said HEE-la, and yep indeed it's like the reptile~

You did pretty well :D
I ain't got time for that!! (I just kinda recognize the name as a symbol but not really pronounce it in my head.)

Only weird named perma dragon in my lair is Alchimique, and I kinda know how to pronounce her name since she is named after my friend's username. (Where I got her from)
I ain't got time for that!! (I just kinda recognize the name as a symbol but not really pronounce it in my head.)

Only weird named perma dragon in my lair is Alchimique, and I kinda know how to pronounce her name since she is named after my friend's username. (Where I got her from)
84si1j.png
@Vanadium Ikr? it's interesting how everyone reads things differently

Douxain must beFfrench! I'll ask Google Translate (it detects Greek but doesn't give a translation)

Cuox must be the clan alchemist, haha!

Ah shoot, I forget that some G's are "gh"
@Vanadium Ikr? it's interesting how everyone reads things differently

Douxain must beFfrench! I'll ask Google Translate (it detects Greek but doesn't give a translation)

Cuox must be the clan alchemist, haha!

Ah shoot, I forget that some G's are "gh"

Discord:
Museless_
SRtoOYm.gif
FAzNnJZ.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7