Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Project: Sornieth's Geographers
1 2 3 4 5
@IronPen
Sure you can quote me if you feel like there is anything worthwhile in my ramblings.
I might qualify as a Biologist/Zoologist. In fact there is a plant that I believe grows in Ashfall Waste and makes another case against it being nothing but a fiery wasteland- Maiden Blush. It can be found by foraging in Arcane, Nature AND Fire, so it is logical to expect it to grow in those regions, no?
@IronPen
Sure you can quote me if you feel like there is anything worthwhile in my ramblings.
I might qualify as a Biologist/Zoologist. In fact there is a plant that I believe grows in Ashfall Waste and makes another case against it being nothing but a fiery wasteland- Maiden Blush. It can be found by foraging in Arcane, Nature AND Fire, so it is logical to expect it to grow in those regions, no?
we3Gmh2.pngCWpoTRF.pngjjb11A7.gif
Part 1, Only headcanon so don't take it as fact

Training Fields: Either the Zephyr Steppes or possibly that little bit of green land in Dragonhome.

Woodland Path: Light, it's the forest bits that lead to Shadow from the Hewn City or the ones north of the Mirrorlight Promenade.

Scorched Foest: somewhere on the Fire border likely Wind or Water, or it's a section of the Viridian Labyrinth that's burning, going by Centaur lands could also be in the Tangled Wood, Snowsquall Tundra(would explain why Ice Centaurs are there) or Starwood Strand burning.

Sandswept Delta: Shadow/Water border, canon there is a seperate patch of Serthis there. Also proposed in somewhere on the Highland Scrub along the Water Border, possibly close to Light.

Forgotten Cave: Canon in Earth Flight or at least is a massive cave system that Earth Flight explores. Beastclan possibly using the cave to transport warriors unseen since the Serthis and Centaurs are noticably more combat oriented. Most likely stretches into at least the Tangled Wood given all the mushrooms.
The Earth Flight has endeavoured to map the many cave systems of Sornieth. An ancient lair, long forgotten, has been rediscovered; however, its new caretakers have no love for dragons...

Bamboo Falls: Canon the Wind/Water border. Native lands for Talonok.

Redrock Cove: Western coast of Earth, canon those are Maren lands, could also be the Water/Fire border, along the Water/Plague border or off the east coast of Lightning.

Waterway: Headcanon the sewers under the Hewn City.

Arena: Somewhere in Light, possibly Earth. Page image is a Light PC so lends credit.
The longneck beastclan and their allies have claimed these ancient ruins for their own, and invite all who have the courage to challenge them in honorable combat.
Part 1, Only headcanon so don't take it as fact

Training Fields: Either the Zephyr Steppes or possibly that little bit of green land in Dragonhome.

Woodland Path: Light, it's the forest bits that lead to Shadow from the Hewn City or the ones north of the Mirrorlight Promenade.

Scorched Foest: somewhere on the Fire border likely Wind or Water, or it's a section of the Viridian Labyrinth that's burning, going by Centaur lands could also be in the Tangled Wood, Snowsquall Tundra(would explain why Ice Centaurs are there) or Starwood Strand burning.

Sandswept Delta: Shadow/Water border, canon there is a seperate patch of Serthis there. Also proposed in somewhere on the Highland Scrub along the Water Border, possibly close to Light.

Forgotten Cave: Canon in Earth Flight or at least is a massive cave system that Earth Flight explores. Beastclan possibly using the cave to transport warriors unseen since the Serthis and Centaurs are noticably more combat oriented. Most likely stretches into at least the Tangled Wood given all the mushrooms.
The Earth Flight has endeavoured to map the many cave systems of Sornieth. An ancient lair, long forgotten, has been rediscovered; however, its new caretakers have no love for dragons...

Bamboo Falls: Canon the Wind/Water border. Native lands for Talonok.

Redrock Cove: Western coast of Earth, canon those are Maren lands, could also be the Water/Fire border, along the Water/Plague border or off the east coast of Lightning.

Waterway: Headcanon the sewers under the Hewn City.

Arena: Somewhere in Light, possibly Earth. Page image is a Light PC so lends credit.
The longneck beastclan and their allies have claimed these ancient ruins for their own, and invite all who have the courage to challenge them in honorable combat.
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
Part 2
Rainsong Jungle: Shrieking Wilds
The rainsong jungle has always been a lush habitat, full of unique fauna and medicinal plants found nowhere else. The animals of this fertile territory recently began to behave strangely. Where there was once birdsong, now there is only silence. Will your clan brave this troubled forest and help heal the land?

Boreal Wood: Snowsquall Tundra, Longnecks noted to be carrying rations so they're not native.
This frozen forest has only two seasons: winter and summer. The short summer months turn this waste into a bountiful forest, providing for the long winter to come. The creatures that do not hibernate within the wood are cold and dangerous. If your clan seeks to clear this terrain, it will have to face foes that will make even a dragon think twice!

Crystal Pools: Somewhere on the north of Arcane's Crystalspine Reach, close to Earth, most likely in or right next to the ocean due to Maren and lots of water. Harpies noted to be non-native. Page image is a Shadow Fae, reason why Shadow unknown but Fae are Arcane natives.
Outcrops of glowing crystals have begun to form among once-tranquil waters. Though the energies of these crystals have altered the wildlife and explorers within, dragons still flock to the site to harvest the gems for their hoards.

Harpy's Roost: Shifting Expanse, specifically the mesas east of the Ashfall Waste on the Harpy map. Page image is a Ice, Light or Wind Skydancer, highly confusing given all other evidence.
These rocky heights held no great value to the draconic eye - at least at first. A recent discovery has revealed rich veins of ore deep within these bluffs. The Fire Flight -and dragons seeking to curry favor with their metalsmiths- are venturing into the winding crags in hopes of making their fortune; however, those who call these cliffs home are not pleased to have invaders chipping away at their territory...

Ghostlight Ruins: The Ruins in Shadow, native Talonok in the south east part of the Tangled Wood. Possibly the Hewn City due to Longnecks being found there normally. Both are noted to be different types then normal. Has been proposed to be roaming. Page image is a Shadow Nocturne.
Crumbling ruins, abandoned and overgrown are being explored and plundered. Those who would test their skills in these haunted lands will find they've unearthed more than mere treasure in their endeavours...
Part 2
Rainsong Jungle: Shrieking Wilds
The rainsong jungle has always been a lush habitat, full of unique fauna and medicinal plants found nowhere else. The animals of this fertile territory recently began to behave strangely. Where there was once birdsong, now there is only silence. Will your clan brave this troubled forest and help heal the land?

Boreal Wood: Snowsquall Tundra, Longnecks noted to be carrying rations so they're not native.
This frozen forest has only two seasons: winter and summer. The short summer months turn this waste into a bountiful forest, providing for the long winter to come. The creatures that do not hibernate within the wood are cold and dangerous. If your clan seeks to clear this terrain, it will have to face foes that will make even a dragon think twice!

Crystal Pools: Somewhere on the north of Arcane's Crystalspine Reach, close to Earth, most likely in or right next to the ocean due to Maren and lots of water. Harpies noted to be non-native. Page image is a Shadow Fae, reason why Shadow unknown but Fae are Arcane natives.
Outcrops of glowing crystals have begun to form among once-tranquil waters. Though the energies of these crystals have altered the wildlife and explorers within, dragons still flock to the site to harvest the gems for their hoards.

Harpy's Roost: Shifting Expanse, specifically the mesas east of the Ashfall Waste on the Harpy map. Page image is a Ice, Light or Wind Skydancer, highly confusing given all other evidence.
These rocky heights held no great value to the draconic eye - at least at first. A recent discovery has revealed rich veins of ore deep within these bluffs. The Fire Flight -and dragons seeking to curry favor with their metalsmiths- are venturing into the winding crags in hopes of making their fortune; however, those who call these cliffs home are not pleased to have invaders chipping away at their territory...

Ghostlight Ruins: The Ruins in Shadow, native Talonok in the south east part of the Tangled Wood. Possibly the Hewn City due to Longnecks being found there normally. Both are noted to be different types then normal. Has been proposed to be roaming. Page image is a Shadow Nocturne.
Crumbling ruins, abandoned and overgrown are being explored and plundered. Those who would test their skills in these haunted lands will find they've unearthed more than mere treasure in their endeavours...
Part 3
Mire: Somewhere on the Main Continent, likely on the border of Shadow or Plague, possibly the border of Shadow and Plague. Page image is a Light Mirror bu nothing in Plague is noted to be green or swampy.
Untouched territory, neither dragon nor beastmen have settled in this wetland. However, the flora and fauna is more than capable of protecting itself, and there are blades on the wind...

Kelp Beds: A bubble somewhere in the Sea of a Thousand Currents, also small chance it's a bubble in the coast off Wind in the Ocean. Page image is a Plague Guardian.
This contested territory is heavily patrolled by Maren beastmen who guard it from draconic encroachment. Dragons who test their skills in this underwater venue are protected by a large bubble, a blessing of The Windsinger.

Golem Workshop: Shifting Expanse, likely Lightning Farm or even the Tempest Spire itself.
The abandoned factory is drawing power once more... but who is operating it? The inventions and creatures dragonkind once called friend are no longer allies...
Part 3
Mire: Somewhere on the Main Continent, likely on the border of Shadow or Plague, possibly the border of Shadow and Plague. Page image is a Light Mirror bu nothing in Plague is noted to be green or swampy.
Untouched territory, neither dragon nor beastmen have settled in this wetland. However, the flora and fauna is more than capable of protecting itself, and there are blades on the wind...

Kelp Beds: A bubble somewhere in the Sea of a Thousand Currents, also small chance it's a bubble in the coast off Wind in the Ocean. Page image is a Plague Guardian.
This contested territory is heavily patrolled by Maren beastmen who guard it from draconic encroachment. Dragons who test their skills in this underwater venue are protected by a large bubble, a blessing of The Windsinger.

Golem Workshop: Shifting Expanse, likely Lightning Farm or even the Tempest Spire itself.
The abandoned factory is drawing power once more... but who is operating it? The inventions and creatures dragonkind once called friend are no longer allies...
This sounds awesome! :D
This sounds awesome! :D
p1rqVYS.pngC6fVfXK.pngkr1zK2C.pngcVWdKdj.pngBnLo81k.pngayZSXjU.pngTv0amX5.pngwPp69cV.pngk3kwF2F.pngejwZ8fU.pngIN9L2Uo.pngdGH2lUH.pngQs2rJqJ.pngRuS0zvv.pngRE7eXWm.pngJCdlxKQ.png0WlNUYd.pngp13N0X4.pngat7AEg8.pngUkmQuCL.pngTpzHKcr.pngbLKmKVL.png
If you need a mapmaker, I might be able to help. I make fantasy maps for a living and have a website you can check out (link in my signature below).

Note that, because I do this professionally, I can't spare a lot of time for a voluntary project. But I'd like to help out if I can.
If you need a mapmaker, I might be able to help. I make fantasy maps for a living and have a website you can check out (link in my signature below).

Note that, because I do this professionally, I can't spare a lot of time for a voluntary project. But I'd like to help out if I can.
29223273464_7916f6e82b_m.jpg
@Floofmaster You're absolutely welcome to help if you want to! We haven't quite found anyone who wants to do maps yet so it's a huge help ^^
@Floofmaster You're absolutely welcome to help if you want to! We haven't quite found anyone who wants to do maps yet so it's a huge help ^^
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
Familiars with places in their tooltips:
  • Carrioncorn native to the Abiding Boneyard
  • Cinder Miths native to the Ashfall Waste
  • Citrine Cave Jewels native to Dragonhome
  • Coppercoil Creepers native to the Tempest Spire
  • Corrosive Depin native to the Fishspine Reef
  • Everglade Lashers native to the Viridian Labyrinth, swim north to the Behemoth every sping.
  • Fallout Streaks native to the Observaory
  • Fuirans native to the lands between the Ashfall Waste and Shifting Expanse
  • Noogles live in the Sewers below the Hewn City
  • Octoflyer native to the Sea of a Thousand Currents
  • Petalwing Perytons native to the Ice/Arcane border
  • Radioactive Slime spawned in the Wyrmwound
  • Runic Bats native to the Crystalspine Reaches
  • Shattered Serpents are native to the Abiding Boneyard
  • Skycats are native to the Windswept Plateau
  • Squall Rasa are native to the Boreal Wood
  • Steam Gyre native to Great Furnace, possibly also found in the Blacksand Annex since it is noted to be misty.
  • Waveswell Sorcerors native to the Sea of a Thousand Currents.
  • Winter Wolf are native to the Boreal Wood.
Familiars with places in their tooltips:
  • Carrioncorn native to the Abiding Boneyard
  • Cinder Miths native to the Ashfall Waste
  • Citrine Cave Jewels native to Dragonhome
  • Coppercoil Creepers native to the Tempest Spire
  • Corrosive Depin native to the Fishspine Reef
  • Everglade Lashers native to the Viridian Labyrinth, swim north to the Behemoth every sping.
  • Fallout Streaks native to the Observaory
  • Fuirans native to the lands between the Ashfall Waste and Shifting Expanse
  • Noogles live in the Sewers below the Hewn City
  • Octoflyer native to the Sea of a Thousand Currents
  • Petalwing Perytons native to the Ice/Arcane border
  • Radioactive Slime spawned in the Wyrmwound
  • Runic Bats native to the Crystalspine Reaches
  • Shattered Serpents are native to the Abiding Boneyard
  • Skycats are native to the Windswept Plateau
  • Squall Rasa are native to the Boreal Wood
  • Steam Gyre native to Great Furnace, possibly also found in the Blacksand Annex since it is noted to be misty.
  • Waveswell Sorcerors native to the Sea of a Thousand Currents.
  • Winter Wolf are native to the Boreal Wood.
Why the Scorched Foest might not be in Fire at all.

Because Wintermane Bowman are Ice. In fact Centaurs are not native to Fire but they are to Ice, Shadow, Arcane and Nature all of which have woods, Light as well but the parts parts specified would be plains.
Rambra are native to tropical wetlands
Smoke Gyres are only the heralds of a Firebird, possibly Firebird is what is setting the different woods on fire?
Moss Covered Golem were made by Earth Clans
Firebearers are hunted in Shadow/Arcane/Wind and are noted to spread forest fires
Forest Field Guide mentions the forest has only begun to catch fire so often recently, meaning it wasn't on fire until recently.
Amber is noted to have been mostly made when the Flamecaller burned the Viridian Labyrinth, currently drops in the Crystal Pools (page image is a Shadow Fae)
=Throw in Wisp Fruits dropping from Steam Gyres and most likely the Tangled Wood getting set on Fire.

Why the Forest is probably in Fire regardless.

Forest Field Guide mentions the forest has only begun to catch fire so often recently, could mean that Flamecaller's influence spread and that's the source.
Firebearers are hunted in Fire
The other Centaurs are Plague, Lightning and Fire, one of which is a fellow Wintermane
Native Jackalopes
Native Umberhorn Qiriqs
Native Gyres
Why the Scorched Foest might not be in Fire at all.

Because Wintermane Bowman are Ice. In fact Centaurs are not native to Fire but they are to Ice, Shadow, Arcane and Nature all of which have woods, Light as well but the parts parts specified would be plains.
Rambra are native to tropical wetlands
Smoke Gyres are only the heralds of a Firebird, possibly Firebird is what is setting the different woods on fire?
Moss Covered Golem were made by Earth Clans
Firebearers are hunted in Shadow/Arcane/Wind and are noted to spread forest fires
Forest Field Guide mentions the forest has only begun to catch fire so often recently, meaning it wasn't on fire until recently.
Amber is noted to have been mostly made when the Flamecaller burned the Viridian Labyrinth, currently drops in the Crystal Pools (page image is a Shadow Fae)
=Throw in Wisp Fruits dropping from Steam Gyres and most likely the Tangled Wood getting set on Fire.

Why the Forest is probably in Fire regardless.

Forest Field Guide mentions the forest has only begun to catch fire so often recently, could mean that Flamecaller's influence spread and that's the source.
Firebearers are hunted in Fire
The other Centaurs are Plague, Lightning and Fire, one of which is a fellow Wintermane
Native Jackalopes
Native Umberhorn Qiriqs
Native Gyres
@IronPen sure you can use my headcanons :)

im not sure if there's anything i can specifically do, but id be happy to join, just have to redownload discord
@IronPen sure you can use my headcanons :)

im not sure if there's anything i can specifically do, but id be happy to join, just have to redownload discord
qPUMNWy.png
1 2 3 4 5