Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Which order should I save for sprites
Cheapest to most expensive? Or vice versa?
If I start from cheapest, I can maybe get a Nature or Water sprite. But then by the time I save for the Light one, there may be none for sale or for much more gems then now.
If I start from Light, I may end uo having to pay an equally expensive amount for the others by the time I get to them

I suppose I can do art to earn more money, but I'm not allowed to draw at home so I get little practice.

*cries*
why didn't I join FR in 2013 or even 2014
why do I like to spend
Cheapest to most expensive? Or vice versa?
If I start from cheapest, I can maybe get a Nature or Water sprite. But then by the time I save for the Light one, there may be none for sale or for much more gems then now.
If I start from Light, I may end uo having to pay an equally expensive amount for the others by the time I get to them

I suppose I can do art to earn more money, but I'm not allowed to draw at home so I get little practice.

*cries*
why didn't I join FR in 2013 or even 2014
why do I like to spend
@Winterreise The others aren't going to be as expensive as the Light Sprite, definitely not Water or Nature. There are loads more of those two than Light.
We'd go cheapest first, but then use the cheaper ones to help pay for the Light Sprite then rebuy the cheaper ones.
@Winterreise The others aren't going to be as expensive as the Light Sprite, definitely not Water or Nature. There are loads more of those two than Light.
We'd go cheapest first, but then use the cheaper ones to help pay for the Light Sprite then rebuy the cheaper ones.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
Cheapest first- knock those out before they raise in price. Comparably, I don't think the light Sprite will raise in price as much as the other 10 will. There's not as many people actively purchasing light sprites just due to their incredible price tag being out of budget for most.
Cheapest first- knock those out before they raise in price. Comparably, I don't think the light Sprite will raise in price as much as the other 10 will. There's not as many people actively purchasing light sprites just due to their incredible price tag being out of budget for most.
xxxxxxxxxxxx what did you honestly expect to find here? xxxxxxxxxxxx
tumblr_inline_nxzvqj33Dj1tnp410_100.png
@Winterreise

All and none at the same time.

I've done it least to most and then started most to least when I started over. The best way I've found is to save for all at the same time while checking the price a couple times each week so you have an idea what an "average" price is. After a couple months (especially since right now all the sprites have dropped) you'll know when to buy. Inevitably, someone needs gems immediately for some project and they discount to make a quick sale. Knowing how to recognize that price is what you're aiming for while saving enough to buy them all.

Once you have 4-5k gems you can check more often to catch the "cheap" ones that get discounted while still saving up for the harder to get ones.

The whole trick to saving is making sure your income is higher than your expenses. Diversify the way you make your treasure to out-earn your impulse buying. Luck doesn't hurt, either.
@Winterreise

All and none at the same time.

I've done it least to most and then started most to least when I started over. The best way I've found is to save for all at the same time while checking the price a couple times each week so you have an idea what an "average" price is. After a couple months (especially since right now all the sprites have dropped) you'll know when to buy. Inevitably, someone needs gems immediately for some project and they discount to make a quick sale. Knowing how to recognize that price is what you're aiming for while saving enough to buy them all.

Once you have 4-5k gems you can check more often to catch the "cheap" ones that get discounted while still saving up for the harder to get ones.

The whole trick to saving is making sure your income is higher than your expenses. Diversify the way you make your treasure to out-earn your impulse buying. Luck doesn't hurt, either.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
@Winterreise
I have a weird idea, though I haven't put it into effect. Split all money you make into two groups, one half will go to cheap sprites, the other half to a light sprite.

You make a 100kt? 50kt goes to saving for both. The lower sprites will take just a little longer to get but by the end, you should have a decent amount saved up. I'm not sure if it'd be a full light sprite though, I need to run numbers.

Here is a mock up of the saving, in gems, usuing current sprite prices:
Nature: 675, bank: 675
Water: 950, bank: 1625 (675+950)
Earth: 2900, bank: 4525 (+2900 and so on)
shadow: 3200, bank:7725
lightning: 3500, bank: 8025
wind: 3677, bank: 11225
plauge: 4000, bank: 15225
ice: 4000, bank: 19225
wind: 4150, bank: 23375
arcane: 6300, bank: 29675
Fire: 8300, bank: 37975
light: ~58823

Now 37,975 gems isnt 58,823 needed for a light sprite but it puts you more than half way to one while still feeling the progress of getting other sprited and by that point you will have a firm grasp on how to make gems/treasure with some ease? It's just an idea. You could maybe bump the rate up to 40% on lower sprite, 60% on light sprite to get a closer amount by the end?

This also proves you need to own about two of every other sprite for it to equal the cost of one light sprite. Wow
@Winterreise
I have a weird idea, though I haven't put it into effect. Split all money you make into two groups, one half will go to cheap sprites, the other half to a light sprite.

You make a 100kt? 50kt goes to saving for both. The lower sprites will take just a little longer to get but by the end, you should have a decent amount saved up. I'm not sure if it'd be a full light sprite though, I need to run numbers.

Here is a mock up of the saving, in gems, usuing current sprite prices:
Nature: 675, bank: 675
Water: 950, bank: 1625 (675+950)
Earth: 2900, bank: 4525 (+2900 and so on)
shadow: 3200, bank:7725
lightning: 3500, bank: 8025
wind: 3677, bank: 11225
plauge: 4000, bank: 15225
ice: 4000, bank: 19225
wind: 4150, bank: 23375
arcane: 6300, bank: 29675
Fire: 8300, bank: 37975
light: ~58823

Now 37,975 gems isnt 58,823 needed for a light sprite but it puts you more than half way to one while still feeling the progress of getting other sprited and by that point you will have a firm grasp on how to make gems/treasure with some ease? It's just an idea. You could maybe bump the rate up to 40% on lower sprite, 60% on light sprite to get a closer amount by the end?

This also proves you need to own about two of every other sprite for it to equal the cost of one light sprite. Wow
~She/her~
Don't be afraid to ping me
nature_small.png #UnnamedIsValid
Let them fight!
i agree with everyone else...! if you go for the cheapest first, it'll feel more rewarding because you're actually able to tick them off your list. and the prices for the rest of them are less likely to drop while you're still after them.

best of luck! :3
i agree with everyone else...! if you go for the cheapest first, it'll feel more rewarding because you're actually able to tick them off your list. and the prices for the rest of them are less likely to drop while you're still after them.

best of luck! :3