Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Tips on making gems/treasures?
1 2
Don't know if this belongs in the discussions or in the help center, but I'm gonna slap it onto this forum. Anyways, the title says it all! What are some good ways to make some dragon cash? I'm tryin' to save up for these two: [center][item=tricktrouper crown][item=boneyard tatters][/center] I'm slowly makin' some gems (T U T) My main source of dragon cash is basically the Coliseum & Fodder and sometimes that gets old and tiring.
Don't know if this belongs in the discussions or in the help center, but I'm gonna slap it onto this forum.

Anyways, the title says it all! What are some good ways to make some dragon cash? I'm tryin' to save up for these two:
Tricktrouper Crown Boneyard Tatters

I'm slowly makin' some gems (T U T) My main source of dragon cash is basically the Coliseum & Fodder and sometimes that gets old and tiring.
o007-d01-Amorah.pngo007-d02-Amorah.pngo007-d03-Amorah.pngo007-d04-Amorah.pngs064-d01-Amorah.pngs064-d02-Amorah.pngs064-d03-Amorah.pngs064-d04-Amorah.pngs064-d05-Amorah.pngs064-d06-Amorah.pngs064-d07-Amorah.pngs064-d08-Amorah.pngs064-d09-Amorah.pngs064-d10-Amorah.pngs075-d01-Amorah.pngs075-d02-Amorah.pngs075-d03-Amorah.pngs075-d04-Amorah.pngs075-d05-Amorah.pngs075-d06-Amorah.pngo007-d05-Amorah.png
ADb9Vnz.png
@Amorah

I'd say a decent way to make cash is at the fairgrounds. I mean, you can make 75000 a day if your willing to try it. I would suggest fodder training or hoard selling but you already said that you already have been doing that.
@Amorah

I'd say a decent way to make cash is at the fairgrounds. I mean, you can make 75000 a day if your willing to try it. I would suggest fodder training or hoard selling but you already said that you already have been doing that.
m6vglJ1.png
@Amorah You could try your luck with the Auction House. Sometimes people sell items under value to make quick treasure and you can sell them for the actual value within a few days.

You can also try restocking at the Marketplace. Some items stock for 50% or even 75% less for what you can get for them in the Auction House.

And another very passive and slow way of making treasure is to buy hatchlings for 3kt and selling them for 7kt once they age. It's not a giant profit, but if you can spare the lair space you can make some easy treasure out of it.
@Amorah You could try your luck with the Auction House. Sometimes people sell items under value to make quick treasure and you can sell them for the actual value within a few days.

You can also try restocking at the Marketplace. Some items stock for 50% or even 75% less for what you can get for them in the Auction House.

And another very passive and slow way of making treasure is to buy hatchlings for 3kt and selling them for 7kt once they age. It's not a giant profit, but if you can spare the lair space you can make some easy treasure out of it.
ytkEBod.pngJkqGYr7.pngvZmPWxA.pnga129Nss.pngAQPJNOh.png5hF3FGk.png
@Amorah
Familiars. I will never not recommend familiars, I know it's not easy getting them awakened but people underestimate the amount of gems and treasure the hundreds of Iron and Gilded chests give you not to mention the treasure in the rusted chests and the items that you can sell for even more gems and treasure from all the chests. It's a win-win scenario if you're willing to put in the 3+ months. Heck save all the Rusted chests and try to get the Gilded chests trade on Swipp for even more goodies. It won't give you enough for those items but it'll be a good boost.
@Amorah
Familiars. I will never not recommend familiars, I know it's not easy getting them awakened but people underestimate the amount of gems and treasure the hundreds of Iron and Gilded chests give you not to mention the treasure in the rusted chests and the items that you can sell for even more gems and treasure from all the chests. It's a win-win scenario if you're willing to put in the 3+ months. Heck save all the Rusted chests and try to get the Gilded chests trade on Swipp for even more goodies. It won't give you enough for those items but it'll be a good boost.
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
@Amorah
If you are having trouble earning funds, You might want to check this GUIDE
@Amorah
If you are having trouble earning funds, You might want to check this GUIDE
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
@Amorah Make lots of Baldwin reagents and sell them around festivals or when new Baldwin items are released.

You can also sell materials needed for Swipp and Baldwin items. Some people (like me) are too lazy to collect all the items and just end up buying them.

Or of course, you could brew or swap the actual item and then sell it, again, lazy people will buy.

There's also Crim, keep a small stack of every item you get in case Crim wants it. You can visit every hour so the money really adds up if you can make 5 trades an hour.
@Amorah Make lots of Baldwin reagents and sell them around festivals or when new Baldwin items are released.

You can also sell materials needed for Swipp and Baldwin items. Some people (like me) are too lazy to collect all the items and just end up buying them.

Or of course, you could brew or swap the actual item and then sell it, again, lazy people will buy.

There's also Crim, keep a small stack of every item you get in case Crim wants it. You can visit every hour so the money really adds up if you can make 5 trades an hour.
jCVhFoZ.gif
@Amorah

My main money method is definitely fodder. Don't be afraid to mess around with the AH price range-although the adult standard is 7kt, there's still some fodder that goes for 6.5 or even 6k, you just have to snipe for it. I don't even try going for 7k fodder most of the time unless it has a bonus. I also grabbed an unbred g1 Snapper off the AH for 5kt once-that was a find!

Also, choose one place to grind in-be it the Mire (me XD), Ghostlight Ruins, etc, etc. and sell the stacks of food on the AH for gems. Not kidding that this has been the bulk of my current 1.2kg hoard ;D also, generally I find 1-fodder 2-leveler builds to be wastes of time and money e.e iirc, someone did the math, and you can train 2 dragons to level 7 (connection permitting) in the Mire in something like 7 minutes versus 4 minutes for one in the Kelp Beds. Of course that's just my opinion on them, I know that mireflyers and 1-leveler builds are a bit too unstable and touchy for some people haha, feel free to do whatever works for you :D

Finally, this may sound hokey, but seriously, ask your deity for good luck. I asked Tidedad for good luck during WvP a while back and legit got almost 50 gems during the week-granted I was a pb attendant but still, I know 1/2-year-old players who exalt much more than that and they've only gotten gems from exalting once or twice. Pays to ask for help sometimes ^^.
@Amorah

My main money method is definitely fodder. Don't be afraid to mess around with the AH price range-although the adult standard is 7kt, there's still some fodder that goes for 6.5 or even 6k, you just have to snipe for it. I don't even try going for 7k fodder most of the time unless it has a bonus. I also grabbed an unbred g1 Snapper off the AH for 5kt once-that was a find!

Also, choose one place to grind in-be it the Mire (me XD), Ghostlight Ruins, etc, etc. and sell the stacks of food on the AH for gems. Not kidding that this has been the bulk of my current 1.2kg hoard ;D also, generally I find 1-fodder 2-leveler builds to be wastes of time and money e.e iirc, someone did the math, and you can train 2 dragons to level 7 (connection permitting) in the Mire in something like 7 minutes versus 4 minutes for one in the Kelp Beds. Of course that's just my opinion on them, I know that mireflyers and 1-leveler builds are a bit too unstable and touchy for some people haha, feel free to do whatever works for you :D

Finally, this may sound hokey, but seriously, ask your deity for good luck. I asked Tidedad for good luck during WvP a while back and legit got almost 50 gems during the week-granted I was a pb attendant but still, I know 1/2-year-old players who exalt much more than that and they've only gotten gems from exalting once or twice. Pays to ask for help sometimes ^^.
__water.gif
Plat • She/Any • FR+2 • Vistas: 124/135 • Avatar (likes?)
WaterDom DataSales TabG1 BargainsWishlist
Droplet • Active exalter • Lore writer • Space enthusiast
Please Ping • DragCaveDappervolkPCE • Discord

_NtwBtfW.png
Seconding the Rules of Acquisition For Profit. That is a very useful guide.

I also recommend sniping MP if you can. Pick an area to focus your efforts on (I suggest apparel, as that's an obvious high seller, but familiars can also be profitable if new enemies are released to Coli - battle items are okay for Saps but not advised), get like 100kT or so, and then get a tab for Swipp open and put it somewhere that you can see it but that it doesn't interfere with whatever you're doing (minimize the tab/put it in a separate window). Then you can do whatever you want while waiting for it to count down. If you see something that people want, snipe it and resell at frankly exorbitant prices. If you're awake at some ungodly hour, even better, less competition.

I believe in you. Be the capitalist.
Seconding the Rules of Acquisition For Profit. That is a very useful guide.

I also recommend sniping MP if you can. Pick an area to focus your efforts on (I suggest apparel, as that's an obvious high seller, but familiars can also be profitable if new enemies are released to Coli - battle items are okay for Saps but not advised), get like 100kT or so, and then get a tab for Swipp open and put it somewhere that you can see it but that it doesn't interfere with whatever you're doing (minimize the tab/put it in a separate window). Then you can do whatever you want while waiting for it to count down. If you see something that people want, snipe it and resell at frankly exorbitant prices. If you're awake at some ungodly hour, even better, less competition.

I believe in you. Be the capitalist.
E180CB7.png Rz7ZJcJ.png
Selling festival currency and chests during the festivals is also a great way to make a killing fast. I usually sell a lot in the first few days when everyone's caught up in the hype, and then I hoard, hoard, hoard so I can sell those items later when they've gone up in price. It's a nice way to get a fast profit, and then another, bigger profit, later. It's the bulk of how I've bought all my first year festival apparel and sprites. If you see something people are going crazy over (like the Companion Comet, Golem, and Solar Blades) get your hands on as many as possible. Still kicking myself for selling all my Comets too early. XD

Trolling the AH and Items for Sale forum for undercutters and bargins is another good way to make a profit. UM Accents sell well, so if you can get some for 400g or less, resell them at the going rate of 500g. I rarely bother with MP sniping unless it's a new gene or new apparel. I managed to nab four Runes scrolls the day they came out. Sold them for 485g, 400g, 410k and 375k respectively. Massive, massive profit can be made when you cash in on hype! And well, it goes back to that age old saying: you gotta spend money to make money and it's held true for every site I've been on like this one.

And I know you said you Coli and it gets tedious, but it's another good way to get treasure. Definitely keep at it when you can. Pick venues that drop Eliminate and/or popular bosses and/or apparel drops. There's several venues that drop all three. It adds up fast and you can limit yourself to an hour a day and still make steady profits!

And lastly, bond with your familiars. Open the rusted and iron chests, but sell the gilded chests. Gilded chests are extremely hit or miss on whether you get more for opening them, and I prefer the guaranteed 40g of selling them on the AH.

Doing all this, I've made 25,000 gems in the last three months for my Light Sprite quest. Just keep at it, and if you want to buy a shiny here or there, let yourself so you don't break down and suddenly spend all of it. For example, I broke down and bought a Speedy, the only down-time familiar I was lacking. It was originally for profit because someone undercut by 500g but in the end I decided to keep him since he'll only get more expensive with time. Just be careful with your spending and you can happily save and treat yourself and dragons at the same time.

Hope this helps!
Selling festival currency and chests during the festivals is also a great way to make a killing fast. I usually sell a lot in the first few days when everyone's caught up in the hype, and then I hoard, hoard, hoard so I can sell those items later when they've gone up in price. It's a nice way to get a fast profit, and then another, bigger profit, later. It's the bulk of how I've bought all my first year festival apparel and sprites. If you see something people are going crazy over (like the Companion Comet, Golem, and Solar Blades) get your hands on as many as possible. Still kicking myself for selling all my Comets too early. XD

Trolling the AH and Items for Sale forum for undercutters and bargins is another good way to make a profit. UM Accents sell well, so if you can get some for 400g or less, resell them at the going rate of 500g. I rarely bother with MP sniping unless it's a new gene or new apparel. I managed to nab four Runes scrolls the day they came out. Sold them for 485g, 400g, 410k and 375k respectively. Massive, massive profit can be made when you cash in on hype! And well, it goes back to that age old saying: you gotta spend money to make money and it's held true for every site I've been on like this one.

And I know you said you Coli and it gets tedious, but it's another good way to get treasure. Definitely keep at it when you can. Pick venues that drop Eliminate and/or popular bosses and/or apparel drops. There's several venues that drop all three. It adds up fast and you can limit yourself to an hour a day and still make steady profits!

And lastly, bond with your familiars. Open the rusted and iron chests, but sell the gilded chests. Gilded chests are extremely hit or miss on whether you get more for opening them, and I prefer the guaranteed 40g of selling them on the AH.

Doing all this, I've made 25,000 gems in the last three months for my Light Sprite quest. Just keep at it, and if you want to buy a shiny here or there, let yourself so you don't break down and suddenly spend all of it. For example, I broke down and bought a Speedy, the only down-time familiar I was lacking. It was originally for profit because someone undercut by 500g but in the end I decided to keep him since he'll only get more expensive with time. Just be careful with your spending and you can happily save and treat yourself and dragons at the same time.

Hope this helps!
TyYgOYZ.png
I store lost of my gems and treasure. I at least try to have 60,000 treasure in my hoard at one time, and try to deposit at least 8,000 each day.

with gems i sell matieral stuffs in bulk or hatchlings at 1~10 gems
I store lost of my gems and treasure. I at least try to have 60,000 treasure in my hoard at one time, and try to deposit at least 8,000 each day.

with gems i sell matieral stuffs in bulk or hatchlings at 1~10 gems
cIA3D75.png6dnHKBv.pngkE8PZoU.pngeswSnrS.pngurhsAAL.pngbYt72YT.png
Art Shop +
PWYW Roulette Art Shop!

Art Showcase
1 2