Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Running a fodder mill for fun and profit
1 2
@carmenta

More tips:

Keep an eye on Dom Watch for upcoming opportunities to hoard fodder to sell at higher prices during battles.

Gem/treasure prices fluctuate; keep an eye on the ratio. Sometimes you can increase your profit by buying hatchlings for one currency and selling the adults for the other.

Put hatchlings on the AH for higher than floor price (I like 20kt) while you're waiting for them to grow up. You never know when a dragon that's boring fodder to you might be just what someone else is looking for, and having it on the AH makes it findable by saved searches and filters.

When possible, buy/breed triple-gened dragons if there's no price difference. You can sell an adult for a 1kt higher if they hit a daily gene bonus.
@carmenta

More tips:

Keep an eye on Dom Watch for upcoming opportunities to hoard fodder to sell at higher prices during battles.

Gem/treasure prices fluctuate; keep an eye on the ratio. Sometimes you can increase your profit by buying hatchlings for one currency and selling the adults for the other.

Put hatchlings on the AH for higher than floor price (I like 20kt) while you're waiting for them to grow up. You never know when a dragon that's boring fodder to you might be just what someone else is looking for, and having it on the AH makes it findable by saved searches and filters.

When possible, buy/breed triple-gened dragons if there's no price difference. You can sell an adult for a 1kt higher if they hit a daily gene bonus.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
This is interesting. I might look into it a bit more. Thanks for the information! :)
This is interesting. I might look into it a bit more. Thanks for the information! :)
Nice stats! Thanks for posting. :3

My love for money is making me consider which 'renters' I want to evict. XDDD
Nice stats! Thanks for posting. :3

My love for money is making me consider which 'renters' I want to evict. XDDD
A stick of yellow butter with blue butterfly wings. At by MythicalViper!xCmYhaC.pngMA3bre1.png
I do this occasionally.

One of the other things to consider is food costs. Plants are generally the cheapest option, so you'll want to be breeding mostly tundras, pearlcatchers, etc.
I do this occasionally.

One of the other things to consider is food costs. Plants are generally the cheapest option, so you'll want to be breeding mostly tundras, pearlcatchers, etc.
I’ve almost finished fully geneing 11 gen-1 flight reps by selling and training/exalting fodder. It’s definitely effective.
I’ve almost finished fully geneing 11 gen-1 flight reps by selling and training/exalting fodder. It’s definitely effective.
NaT0259.png
And this is why we need more treasure sinks.

Players with large lairs already knew this, but it's nice to see actual numbers. I finished fully expanding my lair back in Feb. and it is the best investment I've ever made on this site.

I don't go hard on fodder like some breeders, but I make around 350-400kT a week from fodder alone. Which isn't too bad for just hanging onto a bunch of kids for 5-6 days and spending 15-30mins to level them up before exalting. I could make a hell of a lot more if I used all 60 of my open slots, but I also do nest rentals for folks who want Arcane eyes and I run a hatchery. :P
And this is why we need more treasure sinks.

Players with large lairs already knew this, but it's nice to see actual numbers. I finished fully expanding my lair back in Feb. and it is the best investment I've ever made on this site.

I don't go hard on fodder like some breeders, but I make around 350-400kT a week from fodder alone. Which isn't too bad for just hanging onto a bunch of kids for 5-6 days and spending 15-30mins to level them up before exalting. I could make a hell of a lot more if I used all 60 of my open slots, but I also do nest rentals for folks who want Arcane eyes and I run a hatchery. :P
YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
@carmenta dang it I was juuust in the process of transitioning over to a 'natural colors' aesthetic and had this whole lore setup planned about a group of former mercenaries settling in to protect a community of monks living in an ancient Light temple but now all my ideas are revolving around a small group of elite warriors exploiting the underclass for stone cold cash asadafadasda YOU did this to me. :[
@carmenta dang it I was juuust in the process of transitioning over to a 'natural colors' aesthetic and had this whole lore setup planned about a group of former mercenaries settling in to protect a community of monks living in an ancient Light temple but now all my ideas are revolving around a small group of elite warriors exploiting the underclass for stone cold cash asadafadasda YOU did this to me. :[
1 2