Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | RIP Seafoam
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[quote name="Alternatewarning" date=2016-06-13 12:38:17] I personally don't get why people are upset. I love the new seafoam color, I used to dislike it. Now it's really nice, bright well...seafoam. I hope the change stays [/quote]@Alternatewarning You do realize that there are people who prefer soft, pastel colours and thus the original Seafoam instead of eyeburning neon colours? There are plenty of brighter shades of green out there for you. :/
Alternatewarning wrote on 2016-06-13:
I personally don't get why people are upset. I love the new seafoam color, I used to dislike it. Now it's really nice, bright well...seafoam. I hope the change stays
@Alternatewarning

You do realize that there are people who prefer soft, pastel colours and thus the original Seafoam instead of eyeburning neon colours? There are plenty of brighter shades of green out there for you. :/
@bluparrot
I know some people like soft colors. I just personally prefer the new one, that's all I was intending to say
@bluparrot
I know some people like soft colors. I just personally prefer the new one, that's all I was intending to say
Yeah, just checked out my maize secondary SD, and I'm completely bummed at how much brighter it is. I had left her ungened because I liked how well her colors meshed, but now I'm struggling to find a gene that would bring that washed color back.

My banana Tundra sure looks less soft and gentle too. I have an old pic of her original color, and switching between the two in different tabs is night and day. I'm just gonna throw a skin on her and hope beyond hope that this is a bug and will be reverted.

Not everything needs to be brighter, admins... =/
Yeah, just checked out my maize secondary SD, and I'm completely bummed at how much brighter it is. I had left her ungened because I liked how well her colors meshed, but now I'm struggling to find a gene that would bring that washed color back.

My banana Tundra sure looks less soft and gentle too. I have an old pic of her original color, and switching between the two in different tabs is night and day. I'm just gonna throw a skin on her and hope beyond hope that this is a bug and will be reverted.

Not everything needs to be brighter, admins... =/
ccDyspX.png
I have a subspecies with Seafoam as one of the official colors for both the Secondary and Tert. Thankfully, it still looks fantastic on them!
I have a subspecies with Seafoam as one of the official colors for both the Secondary and Tert. Thankfully, it still looks fantastic on them!
wHevbhU.gif el4duj5.giflOT11q6.gif wHevbhU.gif
Is there a picture of how seafoam and maize used to look? I honestly haven't noticed the difference :,D

Edit: Skimmed through the read again and... wow. That is awful. Ice and maize aren't too horrible, but gosh. Seafoam is honestly horrible. Now I'll never be able to unsee it.
Is there a picture of how seafoam and maize used to look? I honestly haven't noticed the difference :,D

Edit: Skimmed through the read again and... wow. That is awful. Ice and maize aren't too horrible, but gosh. Seafoam is honestly horrible. Now I'll never be able to unsee it.
CYT4VFx.png
[indent][color=#70594d][font=georgia] RIP in pieces, old seafoam. Iri/shim and cry/fac are still pretty, but everything else is so bright & more green now. At least pistachio looks quite a bit like old seafoam, especially ripple/current. Seafoam ripple now: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=31&bodygene=5&breed=11&element=11&gender=0&tert=1&tertgene=5&winggene=14&wings=45&auth=867ba9439fbb20e75f70738407d62d9cc8622ed0&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Seafoam ripple then: [img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/7c004dbf5da3de878f2f40b5fcac7dd2/tumblr_o44c5sRoq21t8huito1_400.png[/img] Pistachio ripple now: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=125&bodygene=5&breed=11&element=11&gender=0&tert=1&tertgene=5&winggene=14&wings=45&auth=91fc811e6bd97e72075326acce1bf1e4eea3aea0&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I'm going to keep all my seafoam dragons even though their new green-ish hue is one of my least favorite shades, but I don't plan to buy any more in the future unless they're iri/shim or cry/fac (or I plan to gene them that way). Bummer, seafoam was such a magical color and the name itself fit 110% with my lair aesthetic. Ah well.[/font][/color][/indent]
RIP in pieces, old seafoam.

Iri/shim and cry/fac are still pretty, but everything else is so bright & more green now.
At least pistachio looks quite a bit like old seafoam, especially ripple/current.

Seafoam ripple now:

dragon?age=1&body=31&bodygene=5&breed=11&element=11&gender=0&tert=1&tertgene=5&winggene=14&wings=45&auth=867ba9439fbb20e75f70738407d62d9cc8622ed0&dummyext=prev.png

Seafoam ripple then:

tumblr_o44c5sRoq21t8huito1_400.png

Pistachio ripple now:

dragon?age=1&body=125&bodygene=5&breed=11&element=11&gender=0&tert=1&tertgene=5&winggene=14&wings=45&auth=91fc811e6bd97e72075326acce1bf1e4eea3aea0&dummyext=prev.png

I'm going to keep all my seafoam dragons even though their new green-ish hue is one of my least favorite shades, but I don't plan to buy any more in the future unless they're iri/shim or cry/fac (or I plan to gene them that way). Bummer, seafoam was such a magical color and the name itself fit 110% with my lair aesthetic. Ah well.

veticablue.png

V E T I C Λ
- - - - - -- - - - - -
TUMBLR .-. THEME
GW2: Esterie.7409
@bluparrot
You do realize that not everyone sees colour the same way, right?
@bluparrot
You do realize that not everyone sees colour the same way, right?
Light-and-Shadow-Bonsai.png
@thylacinidae i slapped together this reference image for maize. i don't have a picture of the old seafoam, so i can't make one for it- sorry. [img]http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j335/pmerttx/maizeunderbellyocmpatison_zps6dzbxgwm.png[/img] (the old picture is from april fool's day, of course.) i colorpicked from an unshaded part on the belly and from the darkest shadow on the neck in the same position and placed the colors side by side for comparison. note that it really is just the shadows that look so drastically different, although just that is enough to make maize seem much more vibrant than usual.
@thylacinidae
i slapped together this reference image for maize. i don't have a picture of the old seafoam, so i can't make one for it- sorry.
maizeunderbellyocmpatison_zps6dzbxgwm.png
(the old picture is from april fool's day, of course.)
i colorpicked from an unshaded part on the belly and from the darkest shadow on the neck in the same position and placed the colors side by side for comparison. note that it really is just the shadows that look so drastically different, although just that is enough to make maize seem much more vibrant than usual.
XF41cEI.png
null
gen one lair

info | skins
............... 74829039.png
I haven't gone through every gene and breed for comparison, but I'm at least happy that the gene colours appear to be consistent (ie: some seafoam vipera dragons had a really saturated green for their markings, and others had a dark green). But I really don't like that new shading colour they seem to be using...

I didn't have any treasure gened seafoam dragons in my lair when the update hit, but I feel badly for everyone who did get affected by the update. :C I've noticed a lot of the new cryface colours look really... off...

(Also, fun tip: Go scry a female fae with obsidian/obsidian cryface)
I haven't gone through every gene and breed for comparison, but I'm at least happy that the gene colours appear to be consistent (ie: some seafoam vipera dragons had a really saturated green for their markings, and others had a dark green). But I really don't like that new shading colour they seem to be using...

I didn't have any treasure gened seafoam dragons in my lair when the update hit, but I feel badly for everyone who did get affected by the update. :C I've noticed a lot of the new cryface colours look really... off...

(Also, fun tip: Go scry a female fae with obsidian/obsidian cryface)
Such a shame! Seafoam used to be among my top 3-4 favorite colors on here. T_T
Such a shame! Seafoam used to be among my top 3-4 favorite colors on here. T_T
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9