Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | have usernames always looked like this
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
This update is brutal on the eyes ;~; they shouldve had a vote or something imo
This update is brutal on the eyes ;~; they shouldve had a vote or something imo
Untitled-1.png
Oh, wow, how bold are these? :)
Oh, wow, how bold are these? :)
6f38d538593917a1645ee2055c08ab22.png
I like it! Before it looked out of place to me because of how thin it was. Now it looks like a definitive part. It will take a bit to get used to, but it fits in well (to me at least).
I like it! Before it looked out of place to me because of how thin it was. Now it looks like a definitive part. It will take a bit to get used to, but it fits in well (to me at least).
tumblr_osv1j8GD531v8lm95o1_r1_75sq.png
They/Them
FR +0
1zDfZ2C.png
Well, I don't really like the new font. I'm near sighted, so the names just blur and are really difficult for me to read. Plus I only wear my glasses when I really need to.
Well, I don't really like the new font. I'm near sighted, so the names just blur and are really difficult for me to read. Plus I only wear my glasses when I really need to.
uzH5Loo.gifgiratina-origin.gifluxray-f.gifempoleon.gifhaxorus.giftyranitar.gif
I think this new font is good for people with vistas, as it makes their usernames easier to read. but for those without vistas (which seems to be the majority) it makes the usernames a bit harder to read for many people (especially on the white background-- the beige background is fine imo)
I think this new font is good for people with vistas, as it makes their usernames easier to read. but for those without vistas (which seems to be the majority) it makes the usernames a bit harder to read for many people (especially on the white background-- the beige background is fine imo)
70b6199b0bcd69bc5d603c4225051e76.png
I'm honestly confused that changes like this get implemented when there have been functions of the sight broken for years (forum subscribe button, not being able to delete thread bug, etc) that haven't been addressed.
I'm honestly confused that changes like this get implemented when there have been functions of the sight broken for years (forum subscribe button, not being able to delete thread bug, etc) that haven't been addressed.
x8xEApE.png
The update is pretty cool. I guess it was implemented so it will be more easy to read player's usernames with vistas.
The update is pretty cool. I guess it was implemented so it will be more easy to read player's usernames with vistas.
I can't decide if I like it or not, but I'm not mad at it.
I can't decide if I like it or not, but I'm not mad at it.
tumblr_nr2jpwVyRy1sctktto6_100.png A8jZ8hC.png
Willow | FR + 12 hours
Come away little light, come away to the darkness
In the shade of the night we’ll come looking for you

YjkVeqG.png tumblr_nqzqz02ZlZ1tu43nto5_100.png
For the people who want to use the Stylish browser extension to change the font: Xhaz has said that scripts that make small changes to text are okay. See this thread, bottom of the first post on the page.

However, that reply was a while back and I'd really like it if we could get an updated answer to this!
Xhaztol wrote:
Quote:
This is probably getting super nitpicky but does this mean Adblock is permitted because it affects all sites equally, because the layout of FR remains the same even though the ads disappear, or both?

As per our Terms of Use, Adblock is permitted because it does not functionally allow a player to automate gameplay, affect the infrastructure of the server, or modify functions of the site so that they are used in ways unintended by site design. In general, if a player is using, say, a browser extension that makes minor aesthetic changes to text, we're going to consider that benign. When in doubt, please ask us via the Contact Us page and we'll be happy to provide you feedback.
(emphasis mine)
For the people who want to use the Stylish browser extension to change the font: Xhaz has said that scripts that make small changes to text are okay. See this thread, bottom of the first post on the page.

However, that reply was a while back and I'd really like it if we could get an updated answer to this!
Xhaztol wrote:
Quote:
This is probably getting super nitpicky but does this mean Adblock is permitted because it affects all sites equally, because the layout of FR remains the same even though the ads disappear, or both?

As per our Terms of Use, Adblock is permitted because it does not functionally allow a player to automate gameplay, affect the infrastructure of the server, or modify functions of the site so that they are used in ways unintended by site design. In general, if a player is using, say, a browser extension that makes minor aesthetic changes to text, we're going to consider that benign. When in doubt, please ask us via the Contact Us page and we'll be happy to provide you feedback.
(emphasis mine)
Mz9FfKs.png
As everyone else has kind of said at this point, I'm with what a lot of people on this forum when it comes to how the usernames look. My eyesight isn't the greatest, but even with my contacts, the names are too squished together in Chrome which makes it difficult to read. But the other issue stems from the fact that I can't look at usernames for more than a minute before my head starts hurting. I also agree with the ability to toggle the option on or off, since almost no one I've talked to still uses a Vista as their main computer. This will hurt my chances of using the forums more simply because it hurts to even attempt it. If the admins don't change this soon, then I'm sure we'll see a decrease in forum use until the issue is resolved. But only time can tell.
As everyone else has kind of said at this point, I'm with what a lot of people on this forum when it comes to how the usernames look. My eyesight isn't the greatest, but even with my contacts, the names are too squished together in Chrome which makes it difficult to read. But the other issue stems from the fact that I can't look at usernames for more than a minute before my head starts hurting. I also agree with the ability to toggle the option on or off, since almost no one I've talked to still uses a Vista as their main computer. This will hurt my chances of using the forums more simply because it hurts to even attempt it. If the admins don't change this soon, then I'm sure we'll see a decrease in forum use until the issue is resolved. But only time can tell.
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27