Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The word Blood is NOT censored.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I had honestly given up on the FR population behaving rationally (I believe someone mentioned the site being "marketed to teenagers after all"?) so it is good to see at least some people trying to put an end to the drama.

I am really tired of the spam about such a minor issue.

Hopefully people will chill after a while, and even more hopefully your nice post helps =D
I had honestly given up on the FR population behaving rationally (I believe someone mentioned the site being "marketed to teenagers after all"?) so it is good to see at least some people trying to put an end to the drama.

I am really tired of the spam about such a minor issue.

Hopefully people will chill after a while, and even more hopefully your nice post helps =D
tumblr_inline_nht6cba0ei1qcphlu.pngWdONqUX.pngXTW2CvL.pngHHwSNC6.pngzLY7gkC.pngtumblr_inline_nht6cba0ei1qcphlu.png[/img]
I just found out about this, and honestly I have to agree with you. Blood is not censored. Consider this a free bump or whatever, but I completely understand how what the admins said could be misunderstood.
I just found out about this, and honestly I have to agree with you. Blood is not censored. Consider this a free bump or whatever, but I completely understand how what the admins said could be misunderstood.
touch-grass-i-cant-i-eated-it-all.gif
"Blood is not censored," but it kind of has been.

- Do not overuse blood in accents, or recolor it and pretend.
- Do not use overuse "bloody" in thread titles.
- ???

This addition on top of the skin/accent rules honestly just seemed like an attempt to fan the flames. I realize it wasn't, and the admins are not nearly that childish, but this whole censorship situation was handled very unprofessionally and poorly.
"Blood is not censored," but it kind of has been.

- Do not overuse blood in accents, or recolor it and pretend.
- Do not use overuse "bloody" in thread titles.
- ???

This addition on top of the skin/accent rules honestly just seemed like an attempt to fan the flames. I realize it wasn't, and the admins are not nearly that childish, but this whole censorship situation was handled very unprofessionally and poorly.
x8xEApE.png
Why is everyone freaking out? Someone needs to fill me in...
Why is everyone freaking out? Someone needs to fill me in...
Aaaaaaa
evQCX9v.gifevQCX9v.gifevQCX9v.gifevQCX9v.gif
@qweee

From what I understand:

1. There's been a growing concern about Skin and Accents in general. What used to be allowed as far as dragons with blood or mild gore is no longer allowed, and there has been no clear and apparent rule change regarding that.

2. Riot of Rot is soon, and there's always been tension surrounding the skin/accent contest, since some people submit really gross/bloody/gorey skins, some of which would not pass anyway. But with the above, people are worried what was previously fine is no longer fine, and might ruin the Plague holiday.

3. In light of this issue, people have made suggestion boards about whether or not to allow more gorey skins, or at least to clarify the rules surrounding it.

4. Because of the sheer number of repeated topics, Aequorin locked a bunch of the topics, saying there were too many topics with "blood/bloody" in the name.

5. People took that to mean the word "blood" was becoming censored, and got all up in arms about it.

6. And now we have a bunch of topics about the issue in all areas of the forums.
@qweee

From what I understand:

1. There's been a growing concern about Skin and Accents in general. What used to be allowed as far as dragons with blood or mild gore is no longer allowed, and there has been no clear and apparent rule change regarding that.

2. Riot of Rot is soon, and there's always been tension surrounding the skin/accent contest, since some people submit really gross/bloody/gorey skins, some of which would not pass anyway. But with the above, people are worried what was previously fine is no longer fine, and might ruin the Plague holiday.

3. In light of this issue, people have made suggestion boards about whether or not to allow more gorey skins, or at least to clarify the rules surrounding it.

4. Because of the sheer number of repeated topics, Aequorin locked a bunch of the topics, saying there were too many topics with "blood/bloody" in the name.

5. People took that to mean the word "blood" was becoming censored, and got all up in arms about it.

6. And now we have a bunch of topics about the issue in all areas of the forums.
Basically what Before said. What's understandable is that people are concerned that the rules seem to have changed with little to no warning prior and that previous entries that won are grandfathered in because they wouldn't be allowed as a submission today.

What's not is blowing this out of proportion into saying 'blood isn't allowed at all!' 'The admins are going to rewrite people's lore for their dragons!' and so on.

I'll freely admit that when I got onto tumblr, I saw the blow up about blood not being allowed and was concerned about it. But, the op of this thread basically put logic to it-all the titles with blood in them were spam.

Teenagers or not, it would be a good time to try and learn to not make mountains out of mole hills. I don't accept the excuse that because many on this site are teens that they can't be told to knock it off and relax for a bit.
Basically what Before said. What's understandable is that people are concerned that the rules seem to have changed with little to no warning prior and that previous entries that won are grandfathered in because they wouldn't be allowed as a submission today.

What's not is blowing this out of proportion into saying 'blood isn't allowed at all!' 'The admins are going to rewrite people's lore for their dragons!' and so on.

I'll freely admit that when I got onto tumblr, I saw the blow up about blood not being allowed and was concerned about it. But, the op of this thread basically put logic to it-all the titles with blood in them were spam.

Teenagers or not, it would be a good time to try and learn to not make mountains out of mole hills. I don't accept the excuse that because many on this site are teens that they can't be told to knock it off and relax for a bit.
Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
I own the most wonderful Shiba Inus named Jiro and Lou!
tumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.png
What do Shiba Inus~ like to dream about? Is it dancing Hainus?
@Before Thank you :)
@Before Thank you :)
Aaaaaaa
evQCX9v.gifevQCX9v.gifevQCX9v.gifevQCX9v.gif
I feel like blood isn't even a word anymore. y'all have said it too many damn times.
I feel like blood isn't even a word anymore. y'all have said it too many damn times.
dgCbOKw.png
[quote name="Rictus" date=2015-10-09 15:32:12] I feel like blood isn't even a word anymore. y'all have said it too many damn times. [/quote] QFT
Rictus wrote on 2015-10-09:

QFT
Tbh I don't think it's really about the blood at all, just people upset with the staff's really terrible history of communicating with its player base and it's coming to a head because of several little things at once. It's natural for people to be upset--

I honestly think it's par for the course with pet sites and have never seen one that wasn't a mess for one reason or another, but people that aren't as jaded and cynical make a big deal out of this kind of thing happening because they actively CARE about a fun hobby of theirs and want to see the experience improved.

I'm way beyond apathetic about the "issue" because experience says this kind of thing never changes and will only cycle through periods of dying down and flaring up again, but I don't and would never begrudge people that are upset about it either.

It sucks to be disappointed about a thing you enjoy, regardless of the reason and whether it's objectively actually a "big deal" or not.
Tbh I don't think it's really about the blood at all, just people upset with the staff's really terrible history of communicating with its player base and it's coming to a head because of several little things at once. It's natural for people to be upset--

I honestly think it's par for the course with pet sites and have never seen one that wasn't a mess for one reason or another, but people that aren't as jaded and cynical make a big deal out of this kind of thing happening because they actively CARE about a fun hobby of theirs and want to see the experience improved.

I'm way beyond apathetic about the "issue" because experience says this kind of thing never changes and will only cycle through periods of dying down and flaring up again, but I don't and would never begrudge people that are upset about it either.

It sucks to be disappointed about a thing you enjoy, regardless of the reason and whether it's objectively actually a "big deal" or not.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7