Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Color Wheel Expansion Previews
1 2 ... 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 ... 1399 1400
@Arachnomancer Your nerdery is much appreciated! I would not have guessed that there was still so much green space unexplored. I really love that rosy red in the bottom row.
@Arachnomancer Your nerdery is much appreciated! I would not have guessed that there was still so much green space unexplored. I really love that rosy red in the bottom row.
@Arachnomancer
Oh wow, that's great! Looks like there's still much greenish-yellow left :D
@Arachnomancer
Oh wow, that's great! Looks like there's still much greenish-yellow left :D
underskrift.png
[quote name="Dragonlaird" date=2016-03-04 19:01:56] [quote name="CasualTea96" date=2016-03-03 16:49:48] [img]https://media.giphy.com/media/Emg9qPKR5hquI/giphy.gif[/img] [/quote] [/quote]
Dragonlaird wrote on 2016-03-04:
CasualTea96 wrote on 2016-03-03:
giphy.gif
5KT5SCp.png
CioCFC3.png

FR +9 | Always looking up | They/Them
I have no idea what you just said but you made pretty colors so thank you. [quote name="Arachnomancer" date=2016-03-04 21:10:44] Okay, so being the humongous nerd that I am, I took all of the old and currently revealed new colors, and figured out their HSL values. I then arranged them in order of hue to look at where there are gaps that are wider than would be expected if all of the final colors are evenly distributed in hue space. Since hue can take any value between 0 and 360, each final color should represent about 2.03 degrees of this space. However, this doesn't account for white, true black (surprisingly not Obsidian, which is *very* slightly blue in terms of hue space), and any TRUE greys (like Gray and Charcoal, which have a hue value of 0). Based on the current revealed old & forthcoming colors, at most, we might get 2 more true greys, which would mean that each final non-neutral color should represent about 2.09 degrees. Then, I went in and looked at where there were major gaps in hue space, plugged these into a color generator that uses HSL values, and generated the colors spanning most under-represented hues on the wheel. Some of these have potential to be very nice colors! If anyone is curious about colors in the hue ranges that are currently under-represented, here they are: [img]http://i64.tinypic.com/xglkl.png[/img] [/quote]
I have no idea what you just said but you made pretty colors so thank you.
Arachnomancer wrote on 2016-03-04:
Okay, so being the humongous nerd that I am, I took all of the old and currently revealed new colors, and figured out their HSL values. I then arranged them in order of hue to look at where there are gaps that are wider than would be expected if all of the final colors are evenly distributed in hue space. Since hue can take any value between 0 and 360, each final color should represent about 2.03 degrees of this space. However, this doesn't account for white, true black (surprisingly not Obsidian, which is *very* slightly blue in terms of hue space), and any TRUE greys (like Gray and Charcoal, which have a hue value of 0).

Based on the current revealed old & forthcoming colors, at most, we might get 2 more true greys, which would mean that each final non-neutral color should represent about 2.09 degrees. Then, I went in and looked at where there were major gaps in hue space, plugged these into a color generator that uses HSL values, and generated the colors spanning most under-represented hues on the wheel. Some of these have potential to be very nice colors! If anyone is curious about colors in the hue ranges that are currently under-represented, here they are:

xglkl.png
@PinkWater Pinging myself, 'cuz I keep losing this.
@PinkWater Pinging myself, 'cuz I keep losing this.
splat.gif
Ooh, chartreuse is nice!
Ooh, chartreuse is nice!
omg the updates have returned
and chartreuse is so pretty! almost more pear coloured than pear.
omg the updates have returned
and chartreuse is so pretty! almost more pear coloured than pear.
VWPWMZp.png
@writisms Hi, I was wondering when I'll get my dragon Rosy back. 'Cause for some odd reason I don't see her in your lair.
@writisms Hi, I was wondering when I'll get my dragon Rosy back. 'Cause for some odd reason I don't see her in your lair.
xeDKNxe.png
  • Introvert
  • 9+ Hrs ahead of FR time fr__arcane_by_baelfin-d8uyn6b.png
Chartreuse is an unutterably vile color, and I am SO HAPPY TO SEE IT!!!

/squeezes Chartreuse so much. <3
Chartreuse is an unutterably vile color, and I am SO HAPPY TO SEE IT!!!

/squeezes Chartreuse so much. <3
yellow_by_mintinol-dbs9d5h.png blue_by_mintinol-dbs9d5f.png green_by_mintinol-dbs9d5q.png purple_by_mintinol-dbs9d5m.png
Chartreuse looks pretty neat. I won't be able to spell it though ._.

@multiplicity I agree it's definitely more pear than pear. I actually have some pears in my kitchen right now and I see it. It doesn't bother me though.
Chartreuse looks pretty neat. I won't be able to spell it though ._.

@multiplicity I agree it's definitely more pear than pear. I actually have some pears in my kitchen right now and I see it. It doesn't bother me though.
FR time +9
They/Them
MjqG2rA.png
1 2 ... 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 ... 1399 1400