Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why so many RULES to buy a dragon?
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
I like when people name my babies before they exalt them but I don't really care what they do and I acknowledge when I sell them I give up rights to them. I think some of the rules people come up with are absurd. >.
I like when people name my babies before they exalt them but I don't really care what they do and I acknowledge when I sell them I give up rights to them. I think some of the rules people come up with are absurd. >.
Fnw48LX.png
[quote name="Alternatewarning" date="2014-11-06 18:06:48"]I just bought a dragon, a very nice one, for a very low price and told I couldn't exalt him. Ever. And not from the person I bought it from but from the person before them. Now, I won't exalt him, he's in my signature since he's an all green imp but two owners ago? Seriously?[/quote] WHAT? That's ridiculous!
Alternatewarning wrote on 2014-11-06 18:06:48:
I just bought a dragon, a very nice one, for a very low price and told I couldn't exalt him. Ever. And not from the person I bought it from but from the person before them. Now, I won't exalt him, he's in my signature since he's an all green imp but two owners ago? Seriously?

WHAT? That's ridiculous!
CQy7TyL.png
[quote name="Alternatewarning" date="2014-11-06 19:06:37"]@Dreadnought No, because I'm keeping him anyway. I wasn't going to argue for a tripple gened green imp for exalt fodder prices[/quote] @Alternatewarning Can I just point out something? After looking at that dragon and the parents. . . the person telling you that you're NEVER ALLOWED TO EXALT HIM exalted both of his parents? That cracks me uppppp! [quote name="Pressia" date="2014-11-06 19:24:05"]@noludoru Oh man, I saw these sorts of rules in someone's hatchery and I was like LOL UM WAT like they said they'd take notes if you exalted a dragon you bought from them I was just astounded. also thank you for buying my little Coatl [s]NOW YOU CAN NEVER EXALT HIM OR I WILL GET YOU[/s] just kidding of course, hope you enjoy them![/quote] @Pressia - Thank you for breeding her. She's cute, and I had the money and lairspace, so I figured, why not? I've been really wanting another Coatl. I don't want to breed Coatls, I just want a few in my lair, haha! And nope, no plans of exalting her. Although I guess no one plans on that, really.
Alternatewarning wrote on 2014-11-06 19:06:37:
@Dreadnought
No, because I'm keeping him anyway. I wasn't going to argue for a tripple gened green imp for exalt fodder prices

@Alternatewarning Can I just point out something? After looking at that dragon and the parents. . . the person telling you that you're NEVER ALLOWED TO EXALT HIM exalted both of his parents? That cracks me uppppp!
Pressia wrote on 2014-11-06 19:24:05:
@noludoru
Oh man, I saw these sorts of rules in someone's hatchery and I was like LOL UM WAT like they said they'd take notes if you exalted a dragon you bought from them I was just astounded.

also thank you for buying my little Coatl NOW YOU CAN NEVER EXALT HIM OR I WILL GET YOU just kidding of course, hope you enjoy them!

@Pressia - Thank you for breeding her. She's cute, and I had the money and lairspace, so I figured, why not? I've been really wanting another Coatl. I don't want to breed Coatls, I just want a few in my lair, haha! And nope, no plans of exalting her. Although I guess no one plans on that, really.
This is why I prefer the AH lol. No rules! wheeeeeee
And personally, I name my dragons before I put them on the AH, so I honestly don't care what the buyer does
This is why I prefer the AH lol. No rules! wheeeeeee
And personally, I name my dragons before I put them on the AH, so I honestly don't care what the buyer does
~~~~~~~
my naym is eef
and wen its day
and wen the ywen
is gonne awaye
and all the cats
hav gonn desyrt
i lye on ground
i eet the dirt
~ a vertical line that looks like the side of a speech bubblea pixel of a stone/beige/brown tundra wearing dark cloth and various jewelry ~~check out my code shop!
i love this community to death, but like everyone else is saying, do whatever you want with your dragon. it doesnt matter if someone put time or whatever to a dragon yada yada. u can change whatever you want on ur dragon, name it however, its not the seller's problem anymore.

if the seller really wants to sell a dragon but wants to keep it to "their standards," i suggest giving the dragon to a friend who rly wants it and never rly plans on doing anything different to it.
i love this community to death, but like everyone else is saying, do whatever you want with your dragon. it doesnt matter if someone put time or whatever to a dragon yada yada. u can change whatever you want on ur dragon, name it however, its not the seller's problem anymore.

if the seller really wants to sell a dragon but wants to keep it to "their standards," i suggest giving the dragon to a friend who rly wants it and never rly plans on doing anything different to it.
tumblr_inline_nqwshr7pEj1rbfe8q_500.gifMQBN6C7.pngFZcWp.gif tumblr_nm1sm0uXkM1tfzajgo2_75sq.gif
Who cares about the rules? If it's a give-away thread, I'd honour their rules as they are kind enough to give their dragons away for free, and making money out of a gift is not very nice. But if I bought it, then I'd expect the seller to shush and let me do what I want with it. If I see those rules in a sale thread, I close immediately and don't even bother looking at what they are selling.

Also, as an extension, I don't particular like receiving 'thank you for buying my dragon' type of messages from the sellers also, especially if they sold it at fodder price. What am I suppose to do now? I felt like I'd be tricked into keeping something I had fully intended to exalt. Though I usually like communication with other players, I find these type of messages a bit rude.
Who cares about the rules? If it's a give-away thread, I'd honour their rules as they are kind enough to give their dragons away for free, and making money out of a gift is not very nice. But if I bought it, then I'd expect the seller to shush and let me do what I want with it. If I see those rules in a sale thread, I close immediately and don't even bother looking at what they are selling.

Also, as an extension, I don't particular like receiving 'thank you for buying my dragon' type of messages from the sellers also, especially if they sold it at fodder price. What am I suppose to do now? I felt like I'd be tricked into keeping something I had fully intended to exalt. Though I usually like communication with other players, I find these type of messages a bit rude.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
I think it's proper etiquette to name dragons you receive, but it shouldn't have to go any farther than that. I don't mind my dragons being exalted because the only reason I'd like it to stay in a lair is for RP reasons, in which case, you should just keep the dragon yourself. However, I do get annoyed when people exalt my dragons unnamed. I like to sell my dragons unnamed just in case someone really does end up keeping it, but even if it's just exalt fodder, it shouldn't be too hard to at least run it through the random name generator once.
I think it's proper etiquette to name dragons you receive, but it shouldn't have to go any farther than that. I don't mind my dragons being exalted because the only reason I'd like it to stay in a lair is for RP reasons, in which case, you should just keep the dragon yourself. However, I do get annoyed when people exalt my dragons unnamed. I like to sell my dragons unnamed just in case someone really does end up keeping it, but even if it's just exalt fodder, it shouldn't be too hard to at least run it through the random name generator once.
w2N3au9.png
I usually adopt/buy a dragon, breed them and either sell them again or exalt them.
I don't like having rules placed on me like that. :I
I usually adopt/buy a dragon, breed them and either sell them again or exalt them.
I don't like having rules placed on me like that. :I
62-A53-F86-4-E45-489-D-A12-E-8-CCF366-EB754.jpg
Rai

• it's in the refrigerator
• overwatch/bg3 trash
• she/they | FR +1
The thing is, though, you don't have to listen to such rules if you don't want to. They're not official FR rules so it's really more of a very strong suggestion than a you absolutely must listen to it rule.

Now yes, it is popular (and from what I've seen polite) to name a dragon before you exalt it so the owners of the parents don't have a bunch of 'unnamed' in the offspring list. I even offer that if people are buying my dragons as exalt fodder I will name them first just to fix this issue and people are generally kind of okay with this.
The thing is, though, you don't have to listen to such rules if you don't want to. They're not official FR rules so it's really more of a very strong suggestion than a you absolutely must listen to it rule.

Now yes, it is popular (and from what I've seen polite) to name a dragon before you exalt it so the owners of the parents don't have a bunch of 'unnamed' in the offspring list. I even offer that if people are buying my dragons as exalt fodder I will name them first just to fix this issue and people are generally kind of okay with this.
[quote name="hat17" date="2014-11-06 20:03:23"]Also, as an extension, I don't particular like receiving 'thank you for buying my dragon' type of messages from the sellers also, especially if they sold it at fodder price. What am I suppose to do now? I felt like I'd be tricked into keeping something I had fully intended to exalt. Though I usually like communication with other players, I find these type of messages a bit rude.[/quote] @hat17 Ugh, I got one of those messages once when I bought a dragon as fodder. I PMed the person with an offer to sell her back at the price I paid and made it clear that I'd bought her to exalt, and they chose to let me exalt her. The whole thing made me uncomfortable, but if it happens again I'll handle it the same way. I think it's definitely rude to send those thank-yous, and I'm not going to let myself get manipulated into keeping a derg.
hat17 wrote on 2014-11-06 20:03:23:

@hat17 Ugh, I got one of those messages once when I bought a dragon as fodder. I PMed the person with an offer to sell her back at the price I paid and made it clear that I'd bought her to exalt, and they chose to let me exalt her. The whole thing made me uncomfortable, but if it happens again I'll handle it the same way. I think it's definitely rude to send those thank-yous, and I'm not going to let myself get manipulated into keeping a derg.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13