Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flight Crafting: CLOSED
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 61 62
As a preliminary question, when will new people be whitelisted again?

Creating a new world now sounds like it may become like the current world is now, but if it was kept smaller with boundaries it'd be better?

I do prefer a user to user barter system which is more involved and interactive than shops. I'll miss the ATM (infinite iron wooo), but I like the idea of increasing the level cap to 50! Depending on what enchants heroes allows or blocks they could always be given to a villager/swipp to trade for that way.
As a preliminary question, when will new people be whitelisted again?

Creating a new world now sounds like it may become like the current world is now, but if it was kept smaller with boundaries it'd be better?

I do prefer a user to user barter system which is more involved and interactive than shops. I'll miss the ATM (infinite iron wooo), but I like the idea of increasing the level cap to 50! Depending on what enchants heroes allows or blocks they could always be given to a villager/swipp to trade for that way.
KUUYWz1.png S E E K E R
ACCENT SHOP | ART BLOG
FR TUMBLR

some text
light_banner.png cuUj1QL.png

e8D0TxG.png
| SIGNATURES
I agree with Qnyxz. Removing some of the plugins first to get a stable server should be the first step. The decision of the admins to remove the mapping plugin (Dynamap) was broadcast today in game. While this is one of the most amazing plugins in the Bukkit world, it is also one of the most taxing on a server due to its huge database. There are several others that in my opinion can go also. I again agree with Qnyxz point that the AH can go as long as the 25 lvl cap is removed.

One thing I haven't heard mentioned. If I'm not mistaken this is a server built upon the Bukkit platform. This allows the admins to pull from a library of plugins to make the server more fun for all of us. At this current time Bukkit is having some legal issues and is not currently putting out a 1.8 build. It is unclear according to their site when this issue, if at all, will be resolved. So if a world wipe was done today, the server may not be able to move to the newest MC build for an undetermined amount of time.
I agree with Qnyxz. Removing some of the plugins first to get a stable server should be the first step. The decision of the admins to remove the mapping plugin (Dynamap) was broadcast today in game. While this is one of the most amazing plugins in the Bukkit world, it is also one of the most taxing on a server due to its huge database. There are several others that in my opinion can go also. I again agree with Qnyxz point that the AH can go as long as the 25 lvl cap is removed.

One thing I haven't heard mentioned. If I'm not mistaken this is a server built upon the Bukkit platform. This allows the admins to pull from a library of plugins to make the server more fun for all of us. At this current time Bukkit is having some legal issues and is not currently putting out a 1.8 build. It is unclear according to their site when this issue, if at all, will be resolved. So if a world wipe was done today, the server may not be able to move to the newest MC build for an undetermined amount of time.
I admit, I voted for a newer, but smaller world. The map goes on and on in an endless black vastness- I went downward as far as 106,000- either that's just a freak glitch, or we have an extraordinary, endless map..and even though it's unexplored, all the mobs, generating, etc. could be impacting the server. I love our plugins- it's what makes our minecraft different, at least for me.. And you guys are the only people I know and therefore want to play with! :3
I admit, I voted for a newer, but smaller world. The map goes on and on in an endless black vastness- I went downward as far as 106,000- either that's just a freak glitch, or we have an extraordinary, endless map..and even though it's unexplored, all the mobs, generating, etc. could be impacting the server. I love our plugins- it's what makes our minecraft different, at least for me.. And you guys are the only people I know and therefore want to play with! :3
ibedoiqq4YHK7T.png
@BatCrooks

Flight Rising Username: Maratski
Flight Rising ID: 67900
Minecraft Username: Daddies
Are you 16 or older?: Yes! I'm 21
Have you read and agreed with the rules?: Yes
Time Zone(optional): EST
Flight(optional): Plague
@BatCrooks

Flight Rising Username: Maratski
Flight Rising ID: 67900
Minecraft Username: Daddies
Are you 16 or older?: Yes! I'm 21
Time Zone(optional): EST
Flight(optional): Plague
tumblr_inline_nqnth6O8C21qkozcw_540.pngtumblr_inline_nqnwgawBE61qkozcw_540.pngtumblr_npk4rePdXC1r8tsp3o8_r1_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_nqnuqcVHIZ1qkozcw_540.pngtumblr_inline_nqnw3glnA31qkozcw_540.png
People have been making a lot of assumptions on what the plugins are capable of. Heroes does support different level caps but the system we've put on the server with a level 25 cap cannot be changed without overhauling every class, which is not something we are willing to do. The level cap is permanent. The FancyShop plugin is small, not big enough to make much impression on memory, so removing it is unnecessary. The survey was mostly a place for members to learn about the problems facing the server and to voice an opinion on the biggest issues, the biggest of which is the new world option. The people who run the server know its limitations and which options are the most viable, so for the most part, other than making a new map, the specific decisions regarding removing plugins are up to us. Since "removing plugins" was the most voted on option, we are going to be working with that rather than discussing a new map.

New members will be whitelisted after we've stabilized the lag a bit, which will hopefully happen after our first attempt at a fix when we remove our largest extraneous plugin tomorrow.
People have been making a lot of assumptions on what the plugins are capable of. Heroes does support different level caps but the system we've put on the server with a level 25 cap cannot be changed without overhauling every class, which is not something we are willing to do. The level cap is permanent. The FancyShop plugin is small, not big enough to make much impression on memory, so removing it is unnecessary. The survey was mostly a place for members to learn about the problems facing the server and to voice an opinion on the biggest issues, the biggest of which is the new world option. The people who run the server know its limitations and which options are the most viable, so for the most part, other than making a new map, the specific decisions regarding removing plugins are up to us. Since "removing plugins" was the most voted on option, we are going to be working with that rather than discussing a new map.

New members will be whitelisted after we've stabilized the lag a bit, which will hopefully happen after our first attempt at a fix when we remove our largest extraneous plugin tomorrow.
@BatCrooks

Flight Rising Username: Jes
Flight Rising ID: 4689
Minecraft Username: komixa
Are you 16 or older?: Yes! I'm 18
Time Zone(optional): PST
Flight(optional): Earth
@BatCrooks

Flight Rising Username: Jes
Flight Rising ID: 4689
Minecraft Username: komixa
Are you 16 or older?: Yes! I'm 18
Time Zone(optional): PST
Flight(optional): Earth
bxbkeiO.pngarys_small_by_jes_ar-d8cpwjb.pngnoct_small_by_jes_ar-d8cpwiv.pngjes_small_by_jes_ar-d8cpwj0.pngbxbkeiO.png
@BatCrooks

Flight Rising Username: Rexi
Flight Rising ID: 334
Minecraft Username: nessacity (a friend gave me their password and allows me to use their Minecraft account)
Are you 16 or older?: Yes, I'm 16 on the nose.
Have you read and agreed with the rules?: Of course.
Time Zone(optional): EST, 3 hours ahead of FR time.
Flight(optional): Ice
@BatCrooks

Flight Rising Username: Rexi
Flight Rising ID: 334
Minecraft Username: nessacity (a friend gave me their password and allows me to use their Minecraft account)
Are you 16 or older?: Yes, I'm 16 on the nose.
Have you read and agreed with the rules?: Of course.
Time Zone(optional): EST, 3 hours ahead of FR time.
Flight(optional): Ice
Flight Rising Username: DarkClaw
Flight Rising ID: 103415
Minecraft Username: Companion_Wrench
Are you 16 or older?: Yes
Have you read and agreed with the rules? : Yes
Time Zone(optional):
Flight(optional): Shadow
Flight Rising Username: DarkClaw
Flight Rising ID: 103415
Minecraft Username: Companion_Wrench
Are you 16 or older?: Yes
Have you read and agreed with the rules? : Yes
Time Zone(optional):
Flight(optional): Shadow
Flight Rising Username: origamiwolf
Flight Rising ID:84608
Minecraft Username:CarcinoKinetics
Are you 16 or older?:Yes
Have you read and agreed with the rules?:Yes
Time Zone(optional):EST
Flight(optional):Plague
Flight Rising Username: origamiwolf
Flight Rising ID:84608
Minecraft Username:CarcinoKinetics
Are you 16 or older?:Yes
Have you read and agreed with the rules?:Yes
Time Zone(optional):EST
Flight(optional):Plague
Flight Rising Username: SilverGears
Flight Rising ID: 52651
Minecraft Username: BecomeOneWithHim
Are you 16 or older?: Yep. Just last month in fact.
Have you read and agreed with the rules?: Affirmative.
Time Zone(optional): Central (Chicago)
Flight(optional): Arcane
Flight Rising Username: SilverGears
Flight Rising ID: 52651
Minecraft Username: BecomeOneWithHim
Are you 16 or older?: Yep. Just last month in fact.
Have you read and agreed with the rules?: Affirmative.
Time Zone(optional): Central (Chicago)
Flight(optional): Arcane
PWdL4kj.png 5cx1lc.jpg
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 61 62