Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Banned names for dragons?
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
@Charaquan

Except the reason for going by ids would be that they can't be changed since that would take recoding the entire dragon to their new id, anything related to the dragon in some database somewhere would have to be recoded. Where as renaming scrolls simply layer over the id and 'shortcut' to the dragon, in other words the dragon's key id stays the same, regardless of name.

Since the programmers seem to want to do as little work as possible, do you honestly think that they would make scrolls that would take months of programming to do? Since everything for that dragon would have to be rewritten from the image source to any links in order to re-id the dragon.

Then again the staff can't seem to communicate on what they will and won't add to the site so I could be wrong.
@Charaquan

Except the reason for going by ids would be that they can't be changed since that would take recoding the entire dragon to their new id, anything related to the dragon in some database somewhere would have to be recoded. Where as renaming scrolls simply layer over the id and 'shortcut' to the dragon, in other words the dragon's key id stays the same, regardless of name.

Since the programmers seem to want to do as little work as possible, do you honestly think that they would make scrolls that would take months of programming to do? Since everything for that dragon would have to be rewritten from the image source to any links in order to re-id the dragon.

Then again the staff can't seem to communicate on what they will and won't add to the site so I could be wrong.
Dunno what to put here yet.
ePOliyb.pngNQ1Ze0S.pnggYW0j5f.png
mTAp2ld.pngKGrwaQg.pngZTPpQYU.png
tyEuRXe.pngtCsqc24.pngnWiQNX9.png
kCHWEjf.pngaUzL2Bv.pngmlHpBMC.png
1llHbd9.png8GgdVkW.pngJd88XNq.png
@SaturnsSenshi: Sure. If the alternative is posting in the suggestions forum and actually being consistent about things....hell, yeah!
@SaturnsSenshi: Sure. If the alternative is posting in the suggestions forum and actually being consistent about things....hell, yeah!
I'm EIGHT/8/Eight hours ahead of FR Time.
@Charaquan

Players: Hey can you do this? It's a health concern.

Admins: Post in the suggestions forum because we read everything there and know exactly what is posted.

Players: But it has been suggested, multiple times in fact. *cites posts*

Admins: .... *vanishes*
@Charaquan

Players: Hey can you do this? It's a health concern.

Admins: Post in the suggestions forum because we read everything there and know exactly what is posted.

Players: But it has been suggested, multiple times in fact. *cites posts*

Admins: .... *vanishes*
Dunno what to put here yet.
ePOliyb.pngNQ1Ze0S.pnggYW0j5f.png
mTAp2ld.pngKGrwaQg.pngZTPpQYU.png
tyEuRXe.pngtCsqc24.pngnWiQNX9.png
kCHWEjf.pngaUzL2Bv.pngmlHpBMC.png
1llHbd9.png8GgdVkW.pngJd88XNq.png
I was a bit annoyed that I couldn't name my white dragon Cracker. I'm white as bread and I found it hysterical.
I was a bit annoyed that I couldn't name my white dragon Cracker. I'm white as bread and I found it hysterical.
gl-1430847-1570843411.jpg
@ZhiMonster: Uhh....mind enlightening the ignorant Brit? All I can think of is Christmas Crackers but that's clearly not what you meant

@secretlyadoor: No list. That would "make it too easy to circumvent the filter" or something like that.
@ZhiMonster: Uhh....mind enlightening the ignorant Brit? All I can think of is Christmas Crackers but that's clearly not what you meant

@secretlyadoor: No list. That would "make it too easy to circumvent the filter" or something like that.
@Charaquan Cracker, or being 'cracker white' is rather negative slang/racial slur aimed at white people. I think it's usually a bit more of a southern US thing?
@Charaquan Cracker, or being 'cracker white' is rather negative slang/racial slur aimed at white people. I think it's usually a bit more of a southern US thing?
@Charaquan
From what I've seen of the internet, it's an offensive title of a person of certain skin color, but the first thing that comes to mind upon seeing it is the delicious, crunchy, and nutritious snack food that goes great with peanut butter.

Now, I'm not trying to stir up trouble, please understand that guys. But "Snackrifice"? If one of my hatchlings was named that, I'd laugh and work it into clan lore somehow! Same for Mulch, though it wouldn't be THAT important to re-write everything for. And if he moderator tea is going off of Urban Dictionary for these things, I can see why that might stir up a little trouble amongst the community. This isn't to say all definitions in there are false, but I've found plenty of false information there.

And really, banned words in the generator? I won't complain a whole lot about the list itself, but I use the generator for everything,and if I get in trouble for a dragon I named with the generator I'm going to be pretty annoyed. I mean, I won't actually do anything, just rant a bit offline and come back to sulk in the scrying workshop for a day. The usual.
@Charaquan
From what I've seen of the internet, it's an offensive title of a person of certain skin color, but the first thing that comes to mind upon seeing it is the delicious, crunchy, and nutritious snack food that goes great with peanut butter.

Now, I'm not trying to stir up trouble, please understand that guys. But "Snackrifice"? If one of my hatchlings was named that, I'd laugh and work it into clan lore somehow! Same for Mulch, though it wouldn't be THAT important to re-write everything for. And if he moderator tea is going off of Urban Dictionary for these things, I can see why that might stir up a little trouble amongst the community. This isn't to say all definitions in there are false, but I've found plenty of false information there.

And really, banned words in the generator? I won't complain a whole lot about the list itself, but I use the generator for everything,and if I get in trouble for a dragon I named with the generator I'm going to be pretty annoyed. I mean, I won't actually do anything, just rant a bit offline and come back to sulk in the scrying workshop for a day. The usual.
dungeon master
@Zhimonster

Huh?! Whats wrong with being or being called 'cracker white'? Where I come from its perfectly normal to jokingly say that one has a skintone like flour or that someone has the teint of a bakers cap. I can litteraly hide in front of a white painted wall and even my mother joked about that. How sensitive do you have to be to find that offending? O.o If anything I find that cute.

Worlds a really strange place.
@Zhimonster

Huh?! Whats wrong with being or being called 'cracker white'? Where I come from its perfectly normal to jokingly say that one has a skintone like flour or that someone has the teint of a bakers cap. I can litteraly hide in front of a white painted wall and even my mother joked about that. How sensitive do you have to be to find that offending? O.o If anything I find that cute.

Worlds a really strange place.
@Interestingword: Like cheese and crackers? That's the second thing I think of, The first being Christmas Cracker.

Also, there are accounts of 'Sacrifice' meaning something other than death, Like becoming a nun or monk. Ding! Ding! Lore-compliant use of 'Sacrifice'.

Snackrifice is sent to get the coffee, duh!
@Interestingword: Like cheese and crackers? That's the second thing I think of, The first being Christmas Cracker.

Also, there are accounts of 'Sacrifice' meaning something other than death, Like becoming a nun or monk. Ding! Ding! Lore-compliant use of 'Sacrifice'.

Snackrifice is sent to get the coffee, duh!
Ha yeah I thought banning Cracker was a little ... weird? Ahhh well.
Ha yeah I thought banning Cracker was a little ... weird? Ahhh well.
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19