Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Boston and Hope: What happened?
1 2 3
On the forums and Flight rising Tumblers, I have heard that the Lightweaver took in two dragons called Boston and Hope into her lair of solitude. However, not much later, it turned out they were truly spies for the Shadow Flight! What happened? Where was this? Is the Arcane Flight just out of the loop? Please respond with any bits of Lore you know.
On the forums and Flight rising Tumblers, I have heard that the Lightweaver took in two dragons called Boston and Hope into her lair of solitude. However, not much later, it turned out they were truly spies for the Shadow Flight! What happened? Where was this? Is the Arcane Flight just out of the loop? Please respond with any bits of Lore you know.
n2yh3c.png
"Lightweaver" wrote on "2013-09-15: [i]I’m hosting a little dinner party, that’s all.[/i] Context: [s]Referring to Hope and Boston (the two dragons that live in her lair)[/s] *** [img]http://media.tumblr.com/fa0aa83dfe4fef6d62409bb84a642940/tumblr_inline_n98k4yLsfk1qin4e5.png[/img] Context: Referring to Boston. [img]http://media.tumblr.com/8fa4a7f0dc1fe46a409341f7e4595f66/tumblr_inline_n98k6rgu0Q1qin4e5.png[/img] --- Shadowbinder Broadcast Message: My children always come home… (7/30/14) [i]Context for Shadowbinder: Broadcast message referring to Hope and Boston, who have moved from the Lightweaver’s lair to the Shadowbinder’s, had their birth element changed to Shadow (from Earth).[/i] --- [img]http://media.tumblr.com/e527ee230bbf843d4bb51553a4472bd4/tumblr_inline_n9jpfpTGyG1qin4e5.png[/img]
"Lightweaver" wrote on "2013-09-15:
I’m hosting a little dinner party, that’s all.
Context: Referring to Hope and Boston (the two dragons that live in her lair)

tumblr_inline_n98k4yLsfk1qin4e5.png
Context: Referring to Boston.

tumblr_inline_n98k6rgu0Q1qin4e5.png

---

Shadowbinder Broadcast Message:
My children always come home… (7/30/14)

Context for Shadowbinder: Broadcast message referring to Hope and Boston, who have moved from the Lightweaver’s lair to the Shadowbinder’s, had their birth element changed to Shadow (from Earth).

---
tumblr_inline_n9jpfpTGyG1qin4e5.png
YgOQ2oY.pngRfSBvPi.pngRtSbM78.pngiezVfl0.pngiWjBTCn.png

Okay! So, explanation time.
What we strictly know so far, without extrapolating and whatnot is this:
For quite a while, the Lightweaver was the only god or goddess who had any dragons in their lair aside from themselves. They were Earth dragons, and when asked the Lightweaver responded that they were her guests for a dinner party. There was a time when due to some sort of glitch, I believe, all of the gods and goddesses had no energy, and this included Hope and Boston. Lightweaver mentioned that Boston the Spiral was eating her out of house and home, which became something of a joke for a while.

Anyways! Fast forward to the week or so before the current dominance battle between Light and Shadow, it's noticed that Boston and Hope are missing from the Lightweaver's lair. It's then discovered that not only are they in Shadowbinder's lair, but that they've had their birth elements (Earth) changed to Shadow. Both gods made reference to this, the Lightweaver noting that something was missing, and Shadowbinder changing her broadcast message to "My children always come home...".

People have since been guessing and coming up with ideas concerning it all, things like Boston and Hope were Shadow spies all along, or that the Shadowbinder kidnapped and changed their elements. However, all of that is just conjecture- we don't know what the story is, or if there is one to begin with. It's likely that the admins did it as a way of spicing up the dominance battle between Light and Shadow, but who knows?
Okay! So, explanation time.
What we strictly know so far, without extrapolating and whatnot is this:
For quite a while, the Lightweaver was the only god or goddess who had any dragons in their lair aside from themselves. They were Earth dragons, and when asked the Lightweaver responded that they were her guests for a dinner party. There was a time when due to some sort of glitch, I believe, all of the gods and goddesses had no energy, and this included Hope and Boston. Lightweaver mentioned that Boston the Spiral was eating her out of house and home, which became something of a joke for a while.

Anyways! Fast forward to the week or so before the current dominance battle between Light and Shadow, it's noticed that Boston and Hope are missing from the Lightweaver's lair. It's then discovered that not only are they in Shadowbinder's lair, but that they've had their birth elements (Earth) changed to Shadow. Both gods made reference to this, the Lightweaver noting that something was missing, and Shadowbinder changing her broadcast message to "My children always come home...".

People have since been guessing and coming up with ideas concerning it all, things like Boston and Hope were Shadow spies all along, or that the Shadowbinder kidnapped and changed their elements. However, all of that is just conjecture- we don't know what the story is, or if there is one to begin with. It's likely that the admins did it as a way of spicing up the dominance battle between Light and Shadow, but who knows?
tumblr_inline_nebe7mH9sW1qmu9vp.png
Wow. Thank you both! That was very enlightening.
Wow. Thank you both! That was very enlightening.
n2yh3c.png
The mods played a joke. People got upset and snarky. Then there were hurt feelings. That's about all I know.

Edit: Ah, that's a little more context than I had before. I just didn't (still don't really) get why people were so angry.
The mods played a joke. People got upset and snarky. Then there were hurt feelings. That's about all I know.

Edit: Ah, that's a little more context than I had before. I just didn't (still don't really) get why people were so angry.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
I think people mainly got upset because of the dominance battle being right after. Like, oh, Light lost Boston and Hope and now Shadow has them, and they've changed!!! sort of thing.
I think people mainly got upset because of the dominance battle being right after. Like, oh, Light lost Boston and Hope and now Shadow has them, and they've changed!!! sort of thing.
iQjmoM3UlP0hJ.png
IDK why either. I went and looked at all the pages. And nothing seemed really bad? I guess people didn't like their respective deities being called name but like... I thought it was all fun and in jest. I thought it was fun and the way people got their feelings so easily hurt makes me think cool things like that won't happen again :/
IDK why either. I went and looked at all the pages. And nothing seemed really bad? I guess people didn't like their respective deities being called name but like... I thought it was all fun and in jest. I thought it was fun and the way people got their feelings so easily hurt makes me think cool things like that won't happen again :/
light_banner.png
[quote name="Mtorolite" date="2014-08-07 10:07:26"]I think people mainly got upset because of the dominance battle being right after. Like, oh, Light lost Boston and Hope and now Shadow has them, and they've changed!!! sort of thing.[/quote] Nah, that I figured. I just don't get [i]why[/i] that upset people, since it's not like the Shadow Flight actually did anything--it was all on the admins. But Shadow got blamed. I think it could've been fun, but getting turned on for not actually [i]doing[/i] something, especially right before a Dom push...eh, kinda not so much? I mean, I thought it was a fun bit of lore (and that perhaps Lightweaver had come out on top, since feeding Boston is Shadowbinder's problem now), until people started getting upset and throwing accusations around, and then I was just confused, because everyone knows that what "Shadowbinder" does isn't exactly what Shadow [i]Flight[/i] (the people) do, right?
Mtorolite wrote on 2014-08-07 10:07:26:

Nah, that I figured. I just don't get why that upset people, since it's not like the Shadow Flight actually did anything--it was all on the admins. But Shadow got blamed.

I think it could've been fun, but getting turned on for not actually doing something, especially right before a Dom push...eh, kinda not so much? I mean, I thought it was a fun bit of lore (and that perhaps Lightweaver had come out on top, since feeding Boston is Shadowbinder's problem now), until people started getting upset and throwing accusations around, and then I was just confused, because everyone knows that what "Shadowbinder" does isn't exactly what Shadow Flight (the people) do, right?
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
@Trix I don't think anyone blamed Shadow for the dragons being moved! A few people got a little upset at the "Keep Hope And Boston" thread, but just at the few "oh the Lightweaver was starving and abusing them" comments a couple Shadows were making, iirc. The comments about actually being upset that the dragons were gone in the first place/"KIDNAPPERS" etc were all IC as far as I could tell.

Honestly I think tempers were just flaring a little hot on both sides, in the last couple days before the push started. Since we've all gotten down to business, everyone's pretty much forgotten about all this.
@Trix I don't think anyone blamed Shadow for the dragons being moved! A few people got a little upset at the "Keep Hope And Boston" thread, but just at the few "oh the Lightweaver was starving and abusing them" comments a couple Shadows were making, iirc. The comments about actually being upset that the dragons were gone in the first place/"KIDNAPPERS" etc were all IC as far as I could tell.

Honestly I think tempers were just flaring a little hot on both sides, in the last couple days before the push started. Since we've all gotten down to business, everyone's pretty much forgotten about all this.
At this point in the dom challenge, I think it's safe to say that Boston's appetite is the least of Shadowmama's worries as far as her food stores are concerned! Good thing she has the little flambebes helping out in (what's left of) her kitchen!
At this point in the dom challenge, I think it's safe to say that Boston's appetite is the least of Shadowmama's worries as far as her food stores are concerned! Good thing she has the little flambebes helping out in (what's left of) her kitchen!
glassangelbreederbadge1_by_adder_snake_bite-d9ckcjb.png
Egglpant's Mom
1 2 3