Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Exiles
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 74 75
@keet @lebratprince @Smileyjay @Ceth @Dragonair478 @MrMoon @Seleya @BlueLizard Just pinging everyone here because I can't remember who asked exactly what and figure most of this will be relevant to anyone interested in this little project anyway. Warning: This is a bit of a marathon of a post, sorry about that. First up, apologies for not posting earlier, I was sleeping. I'm probably in a pretty different timezone to most of you. Secondly, I've added the two things I've written thus far to the google document, found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JQl2nIbATXUrgk5y0GwvgcubqHRtai69MLlljMQTHCU/edit Some of it needs changes, depending on where we go with some of this (colour ranges, names, etc.) It is currently open to editing by anyone with the link, as I trust most people on this site not to abuse that power. If we have trouble with people deleting other people's things etc., that will be changed so that anyone can add comments, but only I can edit the actual document. Thirdly, for anyone who wants to help out with lore: Basically, write stuff. Make sure it's compatible with what's already there and leaves things open for other people to play with (f you'll notice, I've deliberately left things very ambiguous). If you need help with any of this, I'm happy to brainstorm (I have some ideas for those of you wanting to pursue supernatural stories in particular). Post it here or in the google doc, or pm it to me. Feel free to fix typos, grammar, spelling etc wherever you see them. If you have suggestions for what I or anyone else has already written, feel free to let both me and them know, but please refrain from editing other people's writing directly without their permission out of courtesy. Fourthly: Colour scheme! I have a bit of an issue with this in that I think the secondary range is far too restrictive (and was under the impression that we'd be looking at a different range anyway). The important thing is that the Coatl's are pale - so long as the primary and secondary are both dull colours, I think that would be acceptable. I basically had the opposite understanding of what the secondary range would be - that it would be rose-somewhere in the grey range. So essentially, I'd like it if we could extend the range as it currently is (charcoal-shadow, all quite dark colours, many of which are quite strong) to include at least to white, possibly even as far as rose. This would also accommodate those of us who like xxy dragons, and allow for both xxy and xyy dragons, and even xxx. I'd also like it if we made clear whether or not pale colours from other spots on the colour wheel are acceptable (eg sky, beige, etc). I would be in favour of this, but it's not as big a deal for me as the others. Fifthly: This is an idea I've had floating in my head since yesterday, and that was that we could maybe take a leaf out of the book of the various Breeder's Associations, and provide things like badges for breeders, that sort of thing. Offer an associate membership for people not actively contributing to the project but who are interested in it, which would give people discounts on appropriate hatchlings purchased from out breeders, perhaps in return for advertising the subspecies in their profile or something or even in the dragon's bio. Sixthly: I trawled through the AH last night and found a breeding pair, although their secondaries will be off (because of my misunderstanding of what the range was) unless we do expand the range. These are the ones: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4743198] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/47432/4743198_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4583019] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/45831/4583019_350.png[/img] [/url] The tertiary does extend slightly further than Shadow, but I can just sell off any of those. If we don't expand the secondary range, it might be best to split them and use them to breed with other coatls which whill give a more appropriate secondary range, or I can just resell them and buy new ones (I am really happy with the potential for ice/ice and a heap of different tertiaries though, and the seraph). Seventhly (and lastly, I hope), names! Perhaps Ghostfeathers? Or Wraith Wyrms? Something along those lines? I like Ghostfeathers myself, it gives the association between pale coatls and deaths nicely, and the feathers refers to their featheriness. Something more explicitly serpent-like than wyrm would be cool, but I couldn't come up with anything better. Maybe a compromise would be to call them Serpentes Something-or-other, so it's like a latin name for the subspecies. P.S. I want to make clear here that I am not expecting my views on anything (lore-related or otherwise) to be given more weight just because I was the first to write up some things for these guys, please don't agree with my suggestions, ideas and changes unless you actually do approve of them. EDIT: More pings @Cadwell @Spark as you all mentioned dragons that don't quite fit the current ranges. @Asterisk as you've shown an interest in the project I thought you might want in on the discussion too.
@keet @lebratprince @Smileyjay @Ceth @Dragonair478 @MrMoon @Seleya @BlueLizard

Just pinging everyone here because I can't remember who asked exactly what and figure most of this will be relevant to anyone interested in this little project anyway.

Warning: This is a bit of a marathon of a post, sorry about that.

First up, apologies for not posting earlier, I was sleeping. I'm probably in a pretty different timezone to most of you.

Secondly, I've added the two things I've written thus far to the google document, found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JQl2nIbATXUrgk5y0GwvgcubqHRtai69MLlljMQTHCU/edit
Some of it needs changes, depending on where we go with some of this (colour ranges, names, etc.) It is currently open to editing by anyone with the link, as I trust most people on this site not to abuse that power. If we have trouble with people deleting other people's things etc., that will be changed so that anyone can add comments, but only I can edit the actual document.

Thirdly, for anyone who wants to help out with lore: Basically, write stuff. Make sure it's compatible with what's already there and leaves things open for other people to play with (f you'll notice, I've deliberately left things very ambiguous). If you need help with any of this, I'm happy to brainstorm (I have some ideas for those of you wanting to pursue supernatural stories in particular). Post it here or in the google doc, or pm it to me. Feel free to fix typos, grammar, spelling etc wherever you see them. If you have suggestions for what I or anyone else has already written, feel free to let both me and them know, but please refrain from editing other people's writing directly without their permission out of courtesy.

Fourthly: Colour scheme! I have a bit of an issue with this in that I think the secondary range is far too restrictive (and was under the impression that we'd be looking at a different range anyway). The important thing is that the Coatl's are pale - so long as the primary and secondary are both dull colours, I think that would be acceptable. I basically had the opposite understanding of what the secondary range would be - that it would be rose-somewhere in the grey range. So essentially, I'd like it if we could extend the range as it currently is (charcoal-shadow, all quite dark colours, many of which are quite strong) to include at least to white, possibly even as far as rose. This would also accommodate those of us who like xxy dragons, and allow for both xxy and xyy dragons, and even xxx. I'd also like it if we made clear whether or not pale colours from other spots on the colour wheel are acceptable (eg sky, beige, etc). I would be in favour of this, but it's not as big a deal for me as the others.

Fifthly: This is an idea I've had floating in my head since yesterday, and that was that we could maybe take a leaf out of the book of the various Breeder's Associations, and provide things like badges for breeders, that sort of thing. Offer an associate membership for people not actively contributing to the project but who are interested in it, which would give people discounts on appropriate hatchlings purchased from out breeders, perhaps in return for advertising the subspecies in their profile or something or even in the dragon's bio.

Sixthly: I trawled through the AH last night and found a breeding pair, although their secondaries will be off (because of my misunderstanding of what the range was) unless we do expand the range. These are the ones:

4743198_350.png

4583019_350.png

The tertiary does extend slightly further than Shadow, but I can just sell off any of those. If we don't expand the secondary range, it might be best to split them and use them to breed with other coatls which whill give a more appropriate secondary range, or I can just resell them and buy new ones (I am really happy with the potential for ice/ice and a heap of different tertiaries though, and the seraph).

Seventhly (and lastly, I hope), names! Perhaps Ghostfeathers? Or Wraith Wyrms? Something along those lines? I like Ghostfeathers myself, it gives the association between pale coatls and deaths nicely, and the feathers refers to their featheriness. Something more explicitly serpent-like than wyrm would be cool, but I couldn't come up with anything better. Maybe a compromise would be to call them Serpentes Something-or-other, so it's like a latin name for the subspecies.

P.S. I want to make clear here that I am not expecting my views on anything (lore-related or otherwise) to be given more weight just because I was the first to write up some things for these guys, please don't agree with my suggestions, ideas and changes unless you actually do approve of them.

EDIT: More pings @Cadwell @Spark as you all mentioned dragons that don't quite fit the current ranges. @Asterisk as you've shown an interest in the project I thought you might want in on the discussion too.
SUFoHqb.gif
@Severing
I think we should leave the secondary range (wider or no) to a vote, that way everyone gets a say

I'll add your name suggestions up front! Would you like me to add your vote to GhostFeathers too? I'm also taking down the names that haven't received any votes
@Severing
I think we should leave the secondary range (wider or no) to a vote, that way everyone gets a say

I'll add your name suggestions up front! Would you like me to add your vote to GhostFeathers too? I'm also taking down the names that haven't received any votes
sfVMa01.pngMa06BNU.pngBVUXJUX.png
@keet yes please! Sounds like a good plan on the secondary range, if everyone thinks it should be dark I don't want it changed just because I prefer lights!
@keet yes please! Sounds like a good plan on the secondary range, if everyone thinks it should be dark I don't want it changed just because I prefer lights!
SUFoHqb.gif
I put that to vote on the first post as well
I put that to vote on the first post as well
I have formed a partner ship with @Nightglow and her GBA (Grey Breeding Association) They might sell us the coatls we're looking for at half price! In return if we produce any babies they like, they will also receive a 50% discount!
I have formed a partner ship with @Nightglow and her GBA (Grey Breeding Association) They might sell us the coatls we're looking for at half price! In return if we produce any babies they like, they will also receive a 50% discount!
@keet I have arrived! ;P I've got a pair that can provide a near miss (Sec is too bright) for one of these fabulous Coatls, and they're breeding soon! They might give some Coatls that'd be good for breeding true [Subspecies.] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3695899] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/36959/3695899_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4028394] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/40284/4028394_350.png[/img] [/url] Hopefully we get lots of Coatls... *crosses fingers[s] and prepares Tunics of Shame[/s]* Anyhow, glad to meet you all! This is such a neat project, and I'd likely be interested in buying a few Coatls eventually! ♥ I saw the polls in the OP, but I couldn't form any opinions, I'm so conflicted on all of the choices. Not much help over here. ;.;
@keet

I have arrived! ;P

I've got a pair that can provide a near miss (Sec is too bright) for one of these fabulous Coatls, and they're breeding soon! They might give some Coatls that'd be good for breeding true [Subspecies.]

3695899_350.png

4028394_350.png

Hopefully we get lots of Coatls... *crosses fingers and prepares Tunics of Shame*

Anyhow, glad to meet you all! This is such a neat project, and I'd likely be interested in buying a few Coatls eventually! ♥

I saw the polls in the OP, but I couldn't form any opinions, I'm so conflicted on all of the choices. Not much help over here. ;.;
Art of a frog on a leaf next to a bromeliad flower with the text Tropical Rainforest to the right
everbloomgardenspog 8VvjJ9p.png
tun
tIf897pA.gif
she/he
FR+3
tun
@Nightglow Thanks for your partnership! :D Please ping me for the hatchlings!
@Nightglow Thanks for your partnership! :D Please ping me for the hatchlings!
@keet

You're very welcome, and thank you for reaching out to us! ;D I sure will! ♥
@keet

You're very welcome, and thank you for reaching out to us! ;D I sure will! ♥
Art of a frog on a leaf next to a bromeliad flower with the text Tropical Rainforest to the right
everbloomgardenspog 8VvjJ9p.png
tun
tIf897pA.gif
she/he
FR+3
tun
This seems really fun! I have this boy, though he's a bit dark I have some friends with pale coatls who might be interested in breeding with him for some lighter colours [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4718180] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/47182/4718180_350.png[/img] [/url]
This seems really fun! I have this boy, though he's a bit dark I have some friends with pale coatls who might be interested in breeding with him for some lighter colours

4718180_350.png
Offline//Busy//Online
psd5o6h.jpg
@SlimShadey
Yeah he is a bit dark, please ping me if your friends do produce a Coatl we're looking for! :)
@SlimShadey
Yeah he is a bit dark, please ping me if your friends do produce a Coatl we're looking for! :)
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 74 75