Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Survey: Retirement of Holiday Familiars
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 52 53
Against. What's the point of having holidays if you're just going to lump the rewards into one month and then say have at it?
Against. What's the point of having holidays if you're just going to lump the rewards into one month and then say have at it?
x4V7xVF.png
[quote name="Empire" date="2014-06-17 05:23:03"]Against it. What's the point of collecting things if they're just going to be rereleased.[/quote] [LIST] [*]Because you want to sell them later (Yeti aren't limited at all--you can grind for as many as you want--and yet they still sell for a solidly high price. Brush dodo are much more common... still very high. Etherial Tricksters are in a location that's easy to grind with a high-level team... still high price. Availability hasn't destroyed the market on those.) [*]Because you want to share them with friends who can't do the festival/join the site later [*]Because you want to offer them as raffle prizes and still keep one for your bestiary. [/LIST] As far as I can tell, this argument is just "the people who have time to be on the site that particular week should be able to rake in profits later; site policies should not be changed to lower that profit, even if doing so makes a lot of other players happy." [quote]Even if the chance of getting one from it is is small, there's still a chance. Other than kickstarter items.... everything else could be devalued, and whilst I myself do not play the market, a lot of people sure would be disappointed because the game rules are changed against them.[/quote] So you're saying, you wouldn't be hurt by such a change, but you're sure other people would, so you'd like to deny future newcomers their fun on behalf of those others who are too shy to speak up? [quote]Otherwise what's the benefit of having played FR for longer, and being more dedicated than others?[/quote] [LIST] [*]Having time to breed your dream dragon that takes several generations [*]Gathering, grinding, and selling to get the genes for the dragons you want [*]Having a team of L25s to train new adults to exalt quickly [*]Cultivating friends in other flights who'll breed with the eye colors you want [*]The fun of participating in site-wide player-inspired events like the search for the 3^7 dragon [*]Knowing how to participate in a challenging push for dominance--coordinating lair spaces, trainers, AH buyers, and prize holders [*]Adorning your dragons with multiple pieces of hard-to-acquire apparel [*]Having a huge hoard so that when new Swippables show up, you just grab one the first time it's offered [/LIST] If the only benefit you can think of for being here longer is "having retired items that newbies can only get through ridiculously high-priced AH or carefully negotiated sales," I feel sorry for you.
Empire wrote on 2014-06-17 05:23:03:
Against it.

What's the point of collecting things if they're just going to be rereleased.
  • Because you want to sell them later (Yeti aren't limited at all--you can grind for as many as you want--and yet they still sell for a solidly high price. Brush dodo are much more common... still very high. Etherial Tricksters are in a location that's easy to grind with a high-level team... still high price. Availability hasn't destroyed the market on those.)
  • Because you want to share them with friends who can't do the festival/join the site later
  • Because you want to offer them as raffle prizes and still keep one for your bestiary.

As far as I can tell, this argument is just "the people who have time to be on the site that particular week should be able to rake in profits later; site policies should not be changed to lower that profit, even if doing so makes a lot of other players happy."
Quote:
Even if the chance of getting one from it is is small, there's still a chance.
Other than kickstarter items.... everything else could be devalued, and whilst I myself do not play the market, a lot of people sure would be disappointed because the game rules are changed against them.

So you're saying, you wouldn't be hurt by such a change, but you're sure other people would, so you'd like to deny future newcomers their fun on behalf of those others who are too shy to speak up?
Quote:
Otherwise what's the benefit of having played FR for longer, and being more dedicated than others?
  • Having time to breed your dream dragon that takes several generations
  • Gathering, grinding, and selling to get the genes for the dragons you want
  • Having a team of L25s to train new adults to exalt quickly
  • Cultivating friends in other flights who'll breed with the eye colors you want
  • The fun of participating in site-wide player-inspired events like the search for the 3^7 dragon
  • Knowing how to participate in a challenging push for dominance--coordinating lair spaces, trainers, AH buyers, and prize holders
  • Adorning your dragons with multiple pieces of hard-to-acquire apparel
  • Having a huge hoard so that when new Swippables show up, you just grab one the first time it's offered

If the only benefit you can think of for being here longer is "having retired items that newbies can only get through ridiculously high-priced AH or carefully negotiated sales," I feel sorry for you.
dragonilluminaticonfirmed.gif
I answered it. Personally I think we should have the event in December. We could have like an elemental event and have it at the last 11 days of December, so we could spend our extra holiday currency for the stuff that we didn't get. We could celebrate the elemental holidays all over again, but only in one day, and have all of the year's limited addition stuff be able to be bought. This way, the stuff will be able to be gotten, but it would be fairly hard because you would have to get the currency to buy it.
I answered it. Personally I think we should have the event in December. We could have like an elemental event and have it at the last 11 days of December, so we could spend our extra holiday currency for the stuff that we didn't get. We could celebrate the elemental holidays all over again, but only in one day, and have all of the year's limited addition stuff be able to be bought. This way, the stuff will be able to be gotten, but it would be fairly hard because you would have to get the currency to buy it.
hwxM86P.png FR+1
She/her pronouns!
Freelance artist
ShaDOM Discord
(open to all!)
gold_sword.gif galaxy_love.gif jmOzXMH.png
@ErisLordFreedom

You realize all your bulletpoints could be applied in reverse, right? Those are all good reasons that people should be able to enjoy the site without the addition of a December event.

Anyways, we're nearly a month out from the Nature Festival and two months out from the Water Festival and both those sets of rewards are not particularly higher in price than they were during their release week. This is the result of a bigger and more active base and should be regarded as the new trend for how prices will vary in the future. This will be further amplified, as in prices will start lower and stay lower for longer, as we continue to have registration windows and move towards the elusive Open Registration.

So, going forwards there's really not going to be much of a reason that players joining months or even years later couldn't have a feasible chance to acquire the 2014-2015 collection, and that is the only collection being discussed. I mean, the 5m Light Sprites are killer but if someone can't put together 25k for a Nature Sprite idk what to say?

I'm also going to echo the really good argument that most people seem to be ignoring: it's the newbies who get shot in the foot if this goes through. My Sprites will continue to climb exponentially forever. Those depending on next years investments will need to reconcile themselves to finding new ways to make money and I strongly encourage people to consider how they're going to do that before they sign off their investments. :c
@ErisLordFreedom

You realize all your bulletpoints could be applied in reverse, right? Those are all good reasons that people should be able to enjoy the site without the addition of a December event.

Anyways, we're nearly a month out from the Nature Festival and two months out from the Water Festival and both those sets of rewards are not particularly higher in price than they were during their release week. This is the result of a bigger and more active base and should be regarded as the new trend for how prices will vary in the future. This will be further amplified, as in prices will start lower and stay lower for longer, as we continue to have registration windows and move towards the elusive Open Registration.

So, going forwards there's really not going to be much of a reason that players joining months or even years later couldn't have a feasible chance to acquire the 2014-2015 collection, and that is the only collection being discussed. I mean, the 5m Light Sprites are killer but if someone can't put together 25k for a Nature Sprite idk what to say?

I'm also going to echo the really good argument that most people seem to be ignoring: it's the newbies who get shot in the foot if this goes through. My Sprites will continue to climb exponentially forever. Those depending on next years investments will need to reconcile themselves to finding new ways to make money and I strongly encourage people to consider how they're going to do that before they sign off their investments. :c
iSUiwqzX231cv.gif
@Jad

Nature Sprites are 25k now.

Next June? The June after that?

I'm not looking at the userbase in six months, and what advantages or disadvantages they'd have in comparison with the users who joined this April. I'm looking at 2019, assuming the site is still active... how do we convince new players it's worth their time to get really invested in a site with a huge pool of hyperexpensive retired items *that they see* every time they look at their bestiaries?

This isn't like Neopets where retired items sit in older players' collections and new people never know those item exist. It's already established that pretty much nobody can get a complete bestiary--but newer players are going to constantly be aware that players who joined before them get more in-game goodies and they can never catch up.

A potential way around that: When you've awakened a familiar, it gets a nice golden glow outline in your bestiary, and stays full color even if you get rid of the familiar. Newbies would potentially be able to *borrow* retired familiars for three months (or rather, rent them, for some no-doubt exorbitant price, but within whatever range they can bargain for) and there'd be an incentive to keep them moving around.

That fixes the constant slap-in-the-face to newer players; it doesn't fix the game imbalance. I'm never going to accept the argument "it's better to arrange things so current players can milk future players for millions."

If someone needs 10 million treasure to buy scrolls and gems and their dream dragons, they can spend time in the coliseum and play fairgrounds games--just like they're suggesting the newcomers do.
@Jad

Nature Sprites are 25k now.

Next June? The June after that?

I'm not looking at the userbase in six months, and what advantages or disadvantages they'd have in comparison with the users who joined this April. I'm looking at 2019, assuming the site is still active... how do we convince new players it's worth their time to get really invested in a site with a huge pool of hyperexpensive retired items *that they see* every time they look at their bestiaries?

This isn't like Neopets where retired items sit in older players' collections and new people never know those item exist. It's already established that pretty much nobody can get a complete bestiary--but newer players are going to constantly be aware that players who joined before them get more in-game goodies and they can never catch up.

A potential way around that: When you've awakened a familiar, it gets a nice golden glow outline in your bestiary, and stays full color even if you get rid of the familiar. Newbies would potentially be able to *borrow* retired familiars for three months (or rather, rent them, for some no-doubt exorbitant price, but within whatever range they can bargain for) and there'd be an incentive to keep them moving around.

That fixes the constant slap-in-the-face to newer players; it doesn't fix the game imbalance. I'm never going to accept the argument "it's better to arrange things so current players can milk future players for millions."

If someone needs 10 million treasure to buy scrolls and gems and their dream dragons, they can spend time in the coliseum and play fairgrounds games--just like they're suggesting the newcomers do.
dragonilluminaticonfirmed.gif
I dunno really i have just started collecting them myself and by the sounds of this they miht increase in prkce from the aution house which could really mess memover on my attempt to buy hem if I cant get them during december for what ever reason

But then again i might of misread that entirely
I dunno really i have just started collecting them myself and by the sounds of this they miht increase in prkce from the aution house which could really mess memover on my attempt to buy hem if I cant get them during december for what ever reason

But then again i might of misread that entirely
I voted against because I am literally Scrooge McDuck. I'm a bad example, don't take after me, my vote is for an evil, greedy purpose. But it's a vote nonetheless.
I voted against because I am literally Scrooge McDuck. I'm a bad example, don't take after me, my vote is for an evil, greedy purpose. But it's a vote nonetheless.
light_banner.png65byo4.giflight_banner.png
I believe the December idea is a good one!
I believe the December idea is a good one!
KBQZyFR.pngiCquEWh.pngDKhOfI1.png
i think that you should keep the 2014 familers just one ome year so they are able to be colleced and then next year make new familers. based on the way the communite here is going. there will be plenty of the familer to be sold to the newer members as us older ones sell extras we buy.
i think that you should keep the 2014 familers just one ome year so they are able to be colleced and then next year make new familers. based on the way the communite here is going. there will be plenty of the familer to be sold to the newer members as us older ones sell extras we buy.
Newbies won't stay new forever. I registered in October and made 3+ million since. I bought retired familiars and retired apparel, so if I can do it, why can't a newbie now? There's no difference in the site then and now. If you registered earlier on, then you were able to get all the goodies that happened during your time. This game isn't about sprites. It's about dragons.
Newbies won't stay new forever. I registered in October and made 3+ million since. I bought retired familiars and retired apparel, so if I can do it, why can't a newbie now? There's no difference in the site then and now. If you registered earlier on, then you were able to get all the goodies that happened during your time. This game isn't about sprites. It's about dragons.
I am a collector of Jasmines! Please help me collect more![img]item=jasmine[/img]In hoard: 120
1 2 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 52 53