Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dragon organization/Planning
1 2
Does anyone have any methods for planning dragon breeding, keeping track of your dragon breeds, and keeping track of what dragons you need? I have a one note note book full of tables and checklists it's a little crazy. [img]http://i.gyazo.com/b725d8406b7f120987f1e2d40a658bf2.png[/img] Wanna share your dragon organization methods?
Does anyone have any methods for planning dragon breeding, keeping track of your dragon breeds, and keeping track of what dragons you need?

I have a one note note book full of tables and checklists it's a little crazy.

b725d8406b7f120987f1e2d40a658bf2.png

Wanna share your dragon organization methods?
@princette

/cough

I like how Little Princess is actually a male XD.

I have a random Google spreadsheet that really needs to be updated lol.
@princette

/cough

I like how Little Princess is actually a male XD.

I have a random Google spreadsheet that really needs to be updated lol.
0lSM1SJ.png t1eU2lt.pngWishlist
@Elai

Yeah lol. I didn't notice when I named him and then I just kinda. "I HECKED UP. I HAVE HECKED UP".

I'm updating mine almost everytime I buy a new dragon. (That screenshot is out of date I've bought more dragons since then)
@Elai

Yeah lol. I didn't notice when I named him and then I just kinda. "I HECKED UP. I HAVE HECKED UP".

I'm updating mine almost everytime I buy a new dragon. (That screenshot is out of date I've bought more dragons since then)
@Princette, I totally have a spreadsheet with all my keepers, their genes, colours, and mates, plus a tab for breeding cooldowns (I have four RTB today and another two will be tomorrow, when I've got an open nest again), a tab for how much food they eat (a lot), a tab to record my exalting, a tab for my dragon-selling, a tab to do my math for me with gems and treasure . . . .

Yep. I gots a lotta info in there. Whether or not it's always useful is something else entirely. ^^'
@Princette, I totally have a spreadsheet with all my keepers, their genes, colours, and mates, plus a tab for breeding cooldowns (I have four RTB today and another two will be tomorrow, when I've got an open nest again), a tab for how much food they eat (a lot), a tab to record my exalting, a tab for my dragon-selling, a tab to do my math for me with gems and treasure . . . .

Yep. I gots a lotta info in there. Whether or not it's always useful is something else entirely. ^^'
FRbattleroyalefeb14_Amphiptere.png

qWxHdTw.png
Ooh, that's a good idea, I should make something like this
Ooh, that's a good idea, I should make something like this
They/Them pronouns
@Clamare

Lot's of info some of it useless is better than not a lot of useful info I suppose!

@MrMoon

I thought of it when I first started making breeding plans for the hatchlings I was buying up and I knew I wasn't going to remember all the plans if I kept them in my head.
@Clamare

Lot's of info some of it useless is better than not a lot of useful info I suppose!

@MrMoon

I thought of it when I first started making breeding plans for the hatchlings I was buying up and I knew I wasn't going to remember all the plans if I kept them in my head.
@Princette: It's clever! I keep a list in a thread in the light flight private forums but a spreadsheet might be more easily kept-track-of!
@Princette: It's clever! I keep a list in a thread in the light flight private forums but a spreadsheet might be more easily kept-track-of!
They/Them pronouns
That seems like such a smart thing to do ;o; Especially when I buy random dragons at times, I end up forgetting I still have them when I go to search for a new breeding pair. ahhh
That seems like such a smart thing to do ;o; Especially when I buy random dragons at times, I end up forgetting I still have them when I go to search for a new breeding pair. ahhh
Divider-Horizontal.png
sylph » she/her » fr+3
I'm starting to work up a chart...just not sure where to start off on, lol. I've begun keeping track of the battle stones and roles of my dragons in the Coliseum though. Breeding wise, not to sure on how traits and stuff are passed on just yet, but I'm sure I'll track those in the future as well.
I'm starting to work up a chart...just not sure where to start off on, lol. I've begun keeping track of the battle stones and roles of my dragons in the Coliseum though. Breeding wise, not to sure on how traits and stuff are passed on just yet, but I'm sure I'll track those in the future as well.
2A6X4Q7.png
@Sylph

Yeah I have to remind myself every day to check if I don't have one of my dragons logged, and then I have to check which ones are going to be next to breed. Takes some remembering and also some alarms set sometimes.

@Avalinia

That's a good Idea I haven't been keeping track of Coliseum stuff yet I've just been crossing that bridge when it happens and then ignoring it.

As for genetics, I think keeping track of the type of trait is probably more important than the color.

I.e. Keep track of 2nd gene Shimmer 3rd Gene Circuitry and then breed dragons with corresponding genes to that So that the babies will most likely end up with Shimmer and Circuitry. And if you breed with a small color difference between the parents you'll end up with a smaller variety of colors if that's what you want. If not breed them with large color differences.

A good way to keep track of the color differences in order rather than just by visuals is using the scrying workshop and then visually seeing the number of shades between the 2 on the drop down list for the colors in predict morphology. (That's what I use anyway to judge what shades lie between the two, and what the hatchlings could end up with)
@Sylph

Yeah I have to remind myself every day to check if I don't have one of my dragons logged, and then I have to check which ones are going to be next to breed. Takes some remembering and also some alarms set sometimes.

@Avalinia

That's a good Idea I haven't been keeping track of Coliseum stuff yet I've just been crossing that bridge when it happens and then ignoring it.

As for genetics, I think keeping track of the type of trait is probably more important than the color.

I.e. Keep track of 2nd gene Shimmer 3rd Gene Circuitry and then breed dragons with corresponding genes to that So that the babies will most likely end up with Shimmer and Circuitry. And if you breed with a small color difference between the parents you'll end up with a smaller variety of colors if that's what you want. If not breed them with large color differences.

A good way to keep track of the color differences in order rather than just by visuals is using the scrying workshop and then visually seeing the number of shades between the 2 on the drop down list for the colors in predict morphology. (That's what I use anyway to judge what shades lie between the two, and what the hatchlings could end up with)
1 2