Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flight Alliance Headcanons
1 2 3 4 5
Aside from the obvious Lightning and Fire (good to see that other people agree with me on that one), I like to think that Lightning and Arcane have sort of a love-hate thing going on behind the rivalry. Yeah, they're disorganised, flighty (heh), scatterbrained and don't respect the science, but at the end of the day, we do share our obsessions with knowledge, experimentation for its own sake and occasionally blowing things up.

In my lair, the Arcane dragons are kind of a necessary evil - as annoying as they can be, if anybody's going to come up with that illogical left-field idea that turns out to be just what we need, it's them. =P
Aside from the obvious Lightning and Fire (good to see that other people agree with me on that one), I like to think that Lightning and Arcane have sort of a love-hate thing going on behind the rivalry. Yeah, they're disorganised, flighty (heh), scatterbrained and don't respect the science, but at the end of the day, we do share our obsessions with knowledge, experimentation for its own sake and occasionally blowing things up.

In my lair, the Arcane dragons are kind of a necessary evil - as annoying as they can be, if anybody's going to come up with that illogical left-field idea that turns out to be just what we need, it's them. =P
ZSHaQMJ.gif
vDmNeIH.png
[quote name="hat17" date="2014-05-01 20:13:36"]There's a bit of lore from Undel a long while back, and it hinted that Water and Wind are buddies, given that Wind dragons are the only non-Water dragons that are free to come and go as they like through the Sea of a Thousand Currents. Others have to be 'invited'. :P Ever since then my headcannon around my dragons had evolved from that little piece of lore. XD[/quote] @hat17 I'm glad I'm not the only one! I was thrilled to find out Water could be pretty sinister. I've always seen Ice and Water as having a sort of love/hate relationship on the rare occasions when they actually interact. I think Nature and Water would get along well, if they tried, but Water is too reclusive. And I love the idea of Wind and Water being friendly with each other. :D
hat17 wrote on 2014-05-01 20:13:36:
There's a bit of lore from Undel a long while back, and it hinted that Water and Wind are buddies, given that Wind dragons are the only non-Water dragons that are free to come and go as they like through the Sea of a Thousand Currents. Others have to be 'invited'. :P

Ever since then my headcannon around my dragons had evolved from that little piece of lore. XD
@hat17
I'm glad I'm not the only one! I was thrilled to find out Water could be pretty sinister.

I've always seen Ice and Water as having a sort of love/hate relationship on the rare occasions when they actually interact. I think Nature and Water would get along well, if they tried, but Water is too reclusive.
And I love the idea of Wind and Water being friendly with each other. :D
Volunteer Moderator

If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to submit a Support Request. These submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff of Flight Rising, not the volunteer moderator group.
I personally think Wind Flight has something of a 'welcome nomad' sorta thing going on. Like, they are the world's travelling merchants, messengers, story-tellers, info-gathers, etc. We are friendly with everyone and don't "take sides" in conflicts, but are willing to help with anything, so long as we are asked. Need a third-party mediator? Ask a Windy. Reliable messenger? We can do that though we may read your letter before we deliver it, no promises, we want your gossip. Need a certain something from some other land? We can find it for you, no probs.

So, when a Windbro flies into the area, chimes a jangling, all the little hatchlings romp over to hear all the newest stories they bring, and the adults hang back waiting to see if their new earrings have been delivered. xD
I personally think Wind Flight has something of a 'welcome nomad' sorta thing going on. Like, they are the world's travelling merchants, messengers, story-tellers, info-gathers, etc. We are friendly with everyone and don't "take sides" in conflicts, but are willing to help with anything, so long as we are asked. Need a third-party mediator? Ask a Windy. Reliable messenger? We can do that though we may read your letter before we deliver it, no promises, we want your gossip. Need a certain something from some other land? We can find it for you, no probs.

So, when a Windbro flies into the area, chimes a jangling, all the little hatchlings romp over to hear all the newest stories they bring, and the adults hang back waiting to see if their new earrings have been delivered. xD
drpusig1_zpsjz7uct4m.pngwindright_zpsee23nxkw.png
@Nequam I can agree that my flight definitely doesn't respect me enough. OTL

In all seriousness, I can see a bunch of alliances!
  • Lightning + Fire for obvious reasons
  • Lightning + Arcane + Light. All have different... methods, but in the end, they're all interested in the pursuit, discovery, or application of knowledge.
  • Wind and Earth I see as being friendly with basically everyone, neutral territory almost
  • Wind + Water in particular, because of lore reasons mentioned
  • Wind + Shadow I actually like. Windbros are easygoing, and Shadows are tricksters, but the little lore we have of them emphasizes a love of games more than trickery. I'm sure Windbros would play games, if less underhandedly as Shadows.

I don't see Ice or Plague as being friends with any particular flight. Ice because they don't care, and Plague because everyone seems to hate them. Nature I can't pin down.
@Nequam I can agree that my flight definitely doesn't respect me enough. OTL

In all seriousness, I can see a bunch of alliances!
  • Lightning + Fire for obvious reasons
  • Lightning + Arcane + Light. All have different... methods, but in the end, they're all interested in the pursuit, discovery, or application of knowledge.
  • Wind and Earth I see as being friendly with basically everyone, neutral territory almost
  • Wind + Water in particular, because of lore reasons mentioned
  • Wind + Shadow I actually like. Windbros are easygoing, and Shadows are tricksters, but the little lore we have of them emphasizes a love of games more than trickery. I'm sure Windbros would play games, if less underhandedly as Shadows.

I don't see Ice or Plague as being friends with any particular flight. Ice because they don't care, and Plague because everyone seems to hate them. Nature I can't pin down.
b6b79395300f38d126815a735af03192.pngtumblr_nkoy2v68mq1sjcj33o1_250.gif
I don't really see shadow's connection with plague, other than they're 'dark elements', they don't seem that similar. I think shadow would be buds with everyone, if only to win games and have fun. They wouldn't form real close alliances, but just be friendly with everyone. You never who might have something you need!
I don't really see shadow's connection with plague, other than they're 'dark elements', they don't seem that similar. I think shadow would be buds with everyone, if only to win games and have fun. They wouldn't form real close alliances, but just be friendly with everyone. You never who might have something you need!
No traveling dragons please!
@Cereious I personally have always thought that Light (my flight) and Lightning would get along marvelously. I think of Light as FR University (sort of a cross between MIT and Berkely), so of course BossMan takes advantage of our labs and observatories and workshops and such :D Only... we're a bit too warm and fuzzy for His taste, so He never lingers XD

Also, yes, Light and Shadow. Can't have one without the other :)
@Cereious I personally have always thought that Light (my flight) and Lightning would get along marvelously. I think of Light as FR University (sort of a cross between MIT and Berkely), so of course BossMan takes advantage of our labs and observatories and workshops and such :D Only... we're a bit too warm and fuzzy for His taste, so He never lingers XD

Also, yes, Light and Shadow. Can't have one without the other :)
okay i just read a little bit of this thread and i noticed that tons of people shipped winddaddy and tidelord. just to tell you, in the first chapter, winddaddy fought tidelord and it was a lasting feud.
okay i just read a little bit of this thread and i noticed that tons of people shipped winddaddy and tidelord. just to tell you, in the first chapter, winddaddy fought tidelord and it was a lasting feud.
+2 Hours FR time | i ♥ water pokemon My Pokemon Team:
Froakie
froakie.gif
[quote name="jacklego5775" date=2016-05-23 19:57:16] okay i just read a little bit of this thread and i noticed that tons of people shipped winddaddy and tidelord. just to tell you, in the first chapter, winddaddy fought tidelord and it was a lasting feud. [/quote] Well, they did fight but then they had a son... by 'fighting'.
jacklego5775 wrote on 2016-05-23:
Well, they did fight but then they had a son... by 'fighting'.
tumblr_n9rjznP5bt1qd0s8ko9_500.png
1 2 3 4 5