Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | PMD Upick Discussion (Game End)
Hello everyone!!! Very excited for this! I am Eenyay, you can call me any variation of that (Een, ene, enyay, I’ve seen a ton used) so long as I can tell you’re talking about me! I used to be really into pokemon but I’ve gotten a bit behind with the release of G9 (is one of the new pokemon just?? A flamingo??) But I loved this concept so much I couldn’t help but sign up! :D My stance on d1e is kind of on the fence right now, I think we definitely don’t have enough information yet and essentially picking someone at random isn’t a smart move because town almost definitely outnumbers maf. However, if good evidence comes up it would make sense! [quote=Marketplace] What’s your favorite pokemon type?[/quote] That’s a tough question, I have a lot of favorites but a lot of Grass types are surprisingly interesting, and Psychic too!
Hello everyone!!! Very excited for this!
I am Eenyay, you can call me any variation of that (Een, ene, enyay, I’ve seen a ton used) so long as I can tell you’re talking about me!
I used to be really into pokemon but I’ve gotten a bit behind with the release of G9 (is one of the new pokemon just?? A flamingo??) But I loved this concept so much I couldn’t help but sign up! :D

My stance on d1e is kind of on the fence right now, I think we definitely don’t have enough information yet and essentially picking someone at random isn’t a smart move because town almost definitely outnumbers maf. However, if good evidence comes up it would make sense!

Marketplace wrote:
What’s your favorite pokemon type?
That’s a tough question, I have a lot of favorites but a lot of Grass types are surprisingly interesting, and Psychic too!
IMG-7661.png

You can call me Ene or Een!
I’m subbed to all threads I make, but please ping me in external threads!

IMG-8367.png
Okay I'm still in like a hyperactive state rn but I'd like to pop off on the questionnaire anyway. I'd like to preface this by mentioning that [b]I work from 10:00 to 19:00 FR time most days,[/b] so while I might be able to throw in a post or a quip here or there during those hours, expect most of my long form/more succinct thoughts to come after that, around about this time or later. Additionally, [b]if you want me to see something, [i]PLEASE[/i] ping me![/b] I'll do my best to respond in a timely manner. I can be forgetful at times too, so feel free to ping as many times as you like, I won't hold it against you! Anyways hi everyone!!! I'm like,,, absolutely vibrating with excitement over this. I haven't played mafia on FR in over half a decade!!! I was super active on the IMH scene during 2016-17 under the name BlueAlphyn885, and very sparsely active for about another year after under the name YaBoiGuzma before dropping off the face of the earth, and wow was I stoked to still find the scene active after all these years! I even recognize some names around here from back in the day and I'm over the moon to be able to play with you all again [emoji=mirror love size=1] So I guess I'm a veteran in the sense that I've played forum maf quite a few times before, but I'd say as far as vets go I'm like a confused grandpa who's served in several wars back in the day but remembers almost none of them lol. Fingers crossed that my instincts come back to me as things go along. 1. So D1 eliminations? Yes. I'm always in favor of them outside of extremely small setups (under 15 people), but we've got almost 20 here, so I feel like the information we can gain from a potential mistrial greatly outweighs the loss to the body count. Plus outside of vigilante kills (which as of right now we don't know whether or not they're even a thing in this setup) eliminations are the town's only option to kill scum. Idk about y'all but I'd rather not stand idly by while they pick away at our ranks each night and not want to try and fire back. 2. Grass types. Hands down. Love em. There are banger designs in every type but I genuinely don't think there is a grass type out there that I hate. Anyways brrrr I'll be keeping an eye on chat but also I'm still hyper stimming rn so ideally I'd rather be posting with a clearer head.
Okay I'm still in like a hyperactive state rn but I'd like to pop off on the questionnaire anyway.

I'd like to preface this by mentioning that I work from 10:00 to 19:00 FR time most days, so while I might be able to throw in a post or a quip here or there during those hours, expect most of my long form/more succinct thoughts to come after that, around about this time or later.

Additionally, if you want me to see something, PLEASE ping me! I'll do my best to respond in a timely manner. I can be forgetful at times too, so feel free to ping as many times as you like, I won't hold it against you!

Anyways hi everyone!!! I'm like,,, absolutely vibrating with excitement over this. I haven't played mafia on FR in over half a decade!!! I was super active on the IMH scene during 2016-17 under the name BlueAlphyn885, and very sparsely active for about another year after under the name YaBoiGuzma before dropping off the face of the earth, and wow was I stoked to still find the scene active after all these years! I even recognize some names around here from back in the day and I'm over the moon to be able to play with you all again So I guess I'm a veteran in the sense that I've played forum maf quite a few times before, but I'd say as far as vets go I'm like a confused grandpa who's served in several wars back in the day but remembers almost none of them lol. Fingers crossed that my instincts come back to me as things go along.

1. So D1 eliminations? Yes. I'm always in favor of them outside of extremely small setups (under 15 people), but we've got almost 20 here, so I feel like the information we can gain from a potential mistrial greatly outweighs the loss to the body count. Plus outside of vigilante kills (which as of right now we don't know whether or not they're even a thing in this setup) eliminations are the town's only option to kill scum. Idk about y'all but I'd rather not stand idly by while they pick away at our ranks each night and not want to try and fire back.

2. Grass types. Hands down. Love em. There are banger designs in every type but I genuinely don't think there is a grass type out there that I hate.

Anyways brrrr I'll be keeping an eye on chat but also I'm still hyper stimming rn so ideally I'd rather be posting with a clearer head.
download-3.png FR+3
Any pronouns
Sell me your frogs!
[quote name="@Eenyay" date="2024-06-01 18:49:24" ] I think we definitely don’t have enough information yet and essentially picking someone at random isn’t a smart move [b]because town almost definitely outnumbers maf[/b]. However, if good evidence comes up it would make sense![/quote] So genuine question here, wouldn't day 1, when the town is at our fullest numbers and least at threat of losing, be the optimal time to sacrifice a town body for the sake of information? Like yes obviously we want to hit scum with an elim if we can. But I don't think we should be scared of a misfire. There's still [i]so much[/i] info that can be gained from a townie elim. It gives us a great starting point for interrogation subjects as far as which people were most adamant on voting that person in particular in the first place. I don't want to have to end up throwing darts in the dark for a d1e either, but I'd rather throw in the dark than not throw at all. Can I ask though what you would personally define as "good evidence" enough to warrant an elim on day 1 though? And any ideas on how/what conversation topics you think it would be best to rustle this good evidence up?
@Eenyay wrote on 2024-06-01 18:49:24:
I think we definitely don’t have enough information yet and essentially picking someone at random isn’t a smart move because town almost definitely outnumbers maf. However, if good evidence comes up it would make sense!

So genuine question here, wouldn't day 1, when the town is at our fullest numbers and least at threat of losing, be the optimal time to sacrifice a town body for the sake of information? Like yes obviously we want to hit scum with an elim if we can. But I don't think we should be scared of a misfire. There's still so much info that can be gained from a townie elim. It gives us a great starting point for interrogation subjects as far as which people were most adamant on voting that person in particular in the first place.

I don't want to have to end up throwing darts in the dark for a d1e either, but I'd rather throw in the dark than not throw at all.

Can I ask though what you would personally define as "good evidence" enough to warrant an elim on day 1 though? And any ideas on how/what conversation topics you think it would be best to rustle this good evidence up?
download-3.png FR+3
Any pronouns
Sell me your frogs!
[quote name="TrashySockBasket" date="2024-06-01 19:18:51" ] Okay I'm still in like a hyperactive state rn but I'd like to pop off on the questionnaire anyway. I'd like to preface this by mentioning that [b]I work from 10:00 to 19:00 FR time most days,[/b] so while I might be able to throw in a post or a quip here or there during those hours, expect most of my long form/more succinct thoughts to come after that, around about this time or later. Additionally, [b]if you want me to see something, [i]PLEASE[/i] ping me![/b] I'll do my best to respond in a timely manner. I can be forgetful at times too, so feel free to ping as many times as you like, I won't hold it against you! Anyways hi everyone!!! I'm like,,, absolutely vibrating with excitement over this. I haven't played mafia on FR in over half a decade!!! I was super active on the IMH scene during 2016-17 under the name BlueAlphyn885, and very sparsely active for about another year after under the name YaBoiGuzma before dropping off the face of the earth, and wow was I stoked to still find the scene active after all these years! I even recognize some names around here from back in the day and I'm over the moon to be able to play with you all again [emoji=mirror love size=1] So I guess I'm a veteran in the sense that I've played forum maf quite a few times before, but I'd say as far as vets go I'm like a confused grandpa who's served in several wars back in the day but remembers almost none of them lol. Fingers crossed that my instincts come back to me as things go along. 1. So D1 eliminations? Yes. I'm always in favor of them outside of extremely small setups (under 15 people), but we've got almost 20 here, so I feel like the information we can gain from a potential mistrial greatly outweighs the loss to the body count. Plus outside of vigilante kills (which as of right now we don't know whether or not they're even a thing in this setup) eliminations are the town's only option to kill scum. Idk about y'all but I'd rather not stand idly by while they pick away at our ranks each night and not want to try and fire back. 2. Grass types. Hands down. Love em. There are banger designs in every type but I genuinely don't think there is a grass type out there that I hate. Anyways brrrr I'll be keeping an eye on chat but also I'm still hyper stimming rn so ideally I'd rather be posting with a clearer head. [/quote] Oh I forgor [emoji=skull size=1] to mention in my intro but if you don't feel like calling me Trashy or Sock or my whole username you can also call me Rex!!! And any pronouns go. Bob's your uncle. If you rotate them that's even better. [s]I'm boutta quadruple the daily post minimum just by sheer virtue of being dumb and misspelling/forgetting half of my thoughts in my initial post.[/s]
TrashySockBasket wrote on 2024-06-01 19:18:51:
Okay I'm still in like a hyperactive state rn but I'd like to pop off on the questionnaire anyway.

I'd like to preface this by mentioning that I work from 10:00 to 19:00 FR time most days, so while I might be able to throw in a post or a quip here or there during those hours, expect most of my long form/more succinct thoughts to come after that, around about this time or later.

Additionally, if you want me to see something, PLEASE ping me! I'll do my best to respond in a timely manner. I can be forgetful at times too, so feel free to ping as many times as you like, I won't hold it against you!

Anyways hi everyone!!! I'm like,,, absolutely vibrating with excitement over this. I haven't played mafia on FR in over half a decade!!! I was super active on the IMH scene during 2016-17 under the name BlueAlphyn885, and very sparsely active for about another year after under the name YaBoiGuzma before dropping off the face of the earth, and wow was I stoked to still find the scene active after all these years! I even recognize some names around here from back in the day and I'm over the moon to be able to play with you all again So I guess I'm a veteran in the sense that I've played forum maf quite a few times before, but I'd say as far as vets go I'm like a confused grandpa who's served in several wars back in the day but remembers almost none of them lol. Fingers crossed that my instincts come back to me as things go along.

1. So D1 eliminations? Yes. I'm always in favor of them outside of extremely small setups (under 15 people), but we've got almost 20 here, so I feel like the information we can gain from a potential mistrial greatly outweighs the loss to the body count. Plus outside of vigilante kills (which as of right now we don't know whether or not they're even a thing in this setup) eliminations are the town's only option to kill scum. Idk about y'all but I'd rather not stand idly by while they pick away at our ranks each night and not want to try and fire back.

2. Grass types. Hands down. Love em. There are banger designs in every type but I genuinely don't think there is a grass type out there that I hate.

Anyways brrrr I'll be keeping an eye on chat but also I'm still hyper stimming rn so ideally I'd rather be posting with a clearer head.

Oh I forgor to mention in my intro but if you don't feel like calling me Trashy or Sock or my whole username you can also call me Rex!!! And any pronouns go. Bob's your uncle. If you rotate them that's even better.

I'm boutta quadruple the daily post minimum just by sheer virtue of being dumb and misspelling/forgetting half of my thoughts in my initial post.
download-3.png FR+3
Any pronouns
Sell me your frogs!
Hi! I'm Snip, they/he, FR+18. I've been a Pokemon fan since I was a kid but somehow never got around to finishing any PMD game, because I play like one game a year. My favorite type is Bug (Volcarona is my #1 favorite Pokemon, but I have a special affection for Gen V bugs in general). I've played a couple maf games on here, but I'd still call myself inexperienced.

I might be less active in the first few days since it's finals week for me, but rest assured that I'll try my best to keep up with the game. As for my stance on D1 elims, I'm all for them in a game as big as this where we can afford to lose more people.
Hi! I'm Snip, they/he, FR+18. I've been a Pokemon fan since I was a kid but somehow never got around to finishing any PMD game, because I play like one game a year. My favorite type is Bug (Volcarona is my #1 favorite Pokemon, but I have a special affection for Gen V bugs in general). I've played a couple maf games on here, but I'd still call myself inexperienced.

I might be less active in the first few days since it's finals week for me, but rest assured that I'll try my best to keep up with the game. As for my stance on D1 elims, I'm all for them in a game as big as this where we can afford to lose more people.
05qhES2.png
Hello, I’m Ember (she/her and FR+2). I haven't played Pokemon in a while, but I got into it during Gen 5.

Opinions on d1 elims

Only if I develop my own reasons for it. I don't think jumping on a bandwagon without one, or random voting in general, is very helpful.

Favorite type

It's been a while. Fire?
Hello, I’m Ember (she/her and FR+2). I haven't played Pokemon in a while, but I got into it during Gen 5.

Opinions on d1 elims

Only if I develop my own reasons for it. I don't think jumping on a bandwagon without one, or random voting in general, is very helpful.

Favorite type

It's been a while. Fire?
tumblr_osyumbq9JU1v8lm95o3_100.gifjXBxdgJ.pngfire.pngx0CMhAc.pngtumblr_osyumbq9JU1v8lm95o4_100.gif
[quote name="@TrashySockBasket" date="2024-06-01 19:43:38" ] [quote name="@Eenyay" date="2024-06-01 18:49:24" ] I think we definitely don’t have enough information yet and essentially picking someone at random isn’t a smart move [b]because town almost definitely outnumbers maf[/b]. However, if good evidence comes up it would make sense![/quote] So genuine question here, wouldn't day 1, when the town is at our fullest numbers and least at threat of losing, be the optimal time to sacrifice a town body for the sake of information? Like yes obviously we want to hit scum with an elim if we can. But I don't think we should be scared of a misfire. There's still [i]so much[/i] info that can be gained from a townie elim. It gives us a great starting point for interrogation subjects as far as which people were most adamant on voting that person in particular in the first place. I don't want to have to end up throwing darts in the dark for a d1e either, but I'd rather throw in the dark than not throw at all. Can I ask though what you would personally define as "good evidence" enough to warrant an elim on day 1 though? And any ideas on how/what conversation topics you think it would be best to rustle this good evidence up? [/quote] I mean yes we most definitely outnumber maf because otherwise they would instantly win or there are some HIGHLY concerning wincons... But hey lets run some math why dont we? [s]let it be known i am bad at math i dont know why ive signed myself up to do this but here we are[/s] So we've got 18 players I'd say the range of 4-5 maf with 1-2 3p, leaving somewhere between 13-15 town. [s]actually thats still quite a lot? idk it feels like a lot So maybe 5-6 mafia depending on the balance? or maybe thats reasonable idk[/s] So yeah sure, objectively, if we misfire "it's not all that bad". However, like Trashy mentioned earlier, we have no idea what sort of roles are in play. If we miselim, we could [b]easily[/b] roll into d2 with 3 dead townies. 1 from miselim, 1 from mafia kill, and 1 from a vig. That then takes us with those initial numbers from 4-5 maf, 1-2 3p, and 11-13 town. Day 1 may have the least amount of "consequences" since we have the numbers to do a hit, but it could also come back to bite us if we waste the hit "throwing darts in the dark" and go into D3 with 3 dead and no answers. [s]Now granted, im sure we'll have a flashbang's worth of role information to work with after the first night, but hopefully y'all get my point, and yes i am quite proud of that pun[/s] In terms of what to look for for good evidence, well it's the same thing you'd be looking for in a vanilla game. We might have powers, but the odds of someone ALREADY having intel from some sort of day ability are incredibly low. So yeah, we are throwing darts right now, but I'd like to think of (mine at least) them as rubber tipped darts. Just poking at people to start and get the hang of each other, maybe throw some opinions out, see what catches notice :3 Who knows, something said today could be useful later, you never know ^w^ All that to say ig is that I don't really know what im looking for [s]if i ever have, lets be real[/s], but hopefully I'll recognize it when i see it. ----- Oh yeah and while im here i saw someone mention work schedules, ill be very rarely on from the hours of [b]0600 - 1500[/b] fr time due to work, i shockingly enough have my phone on my person this time around but its only allowed due to -sparkles- familial medical emergency -sparkles- that my manager decided it was easier to just let me have my phone so i can stay in the loop than have me devolving into an anxious mess in front of old ladies at the museum lmao. I'll have a catchup time during my lunch break and possibly during my 15 minute afternoon break but other than that y'all are mooostly gonna see me in the three hours before rollover. I'll do my best to catch up over the nights tho o7 [s]note that this does not apply to the 2nd, the 3rd, and if we make it that far, any other sunday/monday pairs this game runs into as those are my days off[/s]
@TrashySockBasket wrote on 2024-06-01 19:43:38:
@Eenyay wrote on 2024-06-01 18:49:24:
I think we definitely don’t have enough information yet and essentially picking someone at random isn’t a smart move because town almost definitely outnumbers maf. However, if good evidence comes up it would make sense!

So genuine question here, wouldn't day 1, when the town is at our fullest numbers and least at threat of losing, be the optimal time to sacrifice a town body for the sake of information? Like yes obviously we want to hit scum with an elim if we can. But I don't think we should be scared of a misfire. There's still so much info that can be gained from a townie elim. It gives us a great starting point for interrogation subjects as far as which people were most adamant on voting that person in particular in the first place.

I don't want to have to end up throwing darts in the dark for a d1e either, but I'd rather throw in the dark than not throw at all.

Can I ask though what you would personally define as "good evidence" enough to warrant an elim on day 1 though? And any ideas on how/what conversation topics you think it would be best to rustle this good evidence up?

I mean yes we most definitely outnumber maf because otherwise they would instantly win or there are some HIGHLY concerning wincons...

But hey lets run some math why dont we? let it be known i am bad at math i dont know why ive signed myself up to do this but here we are

So we've got 18 players
I'd say the range of 4-5 maf with 1-2 3p, leaving somewhere between 13-15 town.
actually thats still quite a lot? idk it feels like a lot So maybe 5-6 mafia depending on the balance? or maybe thats reasonable idk

So yeah sure, objectively, if we misfire "it's not all that bad". However, like Trashy mentioned earlier, we have no idea what sort of roles are in play. If we miselim, we could easily roll into d2 with 3 dead townies. 1 from miselim, 1 from mafia kill, and 1 from a vig. That then takes us with those initial numbers from 4-5 maf, 1-2 3p, and 11-13 town. Day 1 may have the least amount of "consequences" since we have the numbers to do a hit, but it could also come back to bite us if we waste the hit "throwing darts in the dark" and go into D3 with 3 dead and no answers. Now granted, im sure we'll have a flashbang's worth of role information to work with after the first night, but hopefully y'all get my point, and yes i am quite proud of that pun

In terms of what to look for for good evidence, well it's the same thing you'd be looking for in a vanilla game. We might have powers, but the odds of someone ALREADY having intel from some sort of day ability are incredibly low. So yeah, we are throwing darts right now, but I'd like to think of (mine at least) them as rubber tipped darts. Just poking at people to start and get the hang of each other, maybe throw some opinions out, see what catches notice :3

Who knows, something said today could be useful later, you never know ^w^

All that to say ig is that I don't really know what im looking for if i ever have, lets be real, but hopefully I'll recognize it when i see it.

Oh yeah and while im here i saw someone mention work schedules, ill be very rarely on from the hours of 0600 - 1500 fr time due to work, i shockingly enough have my phone on my person this time around but its only allowed due to -sparkles- familial medical emergency -sparkles- that my manager decided it was easier to just let me have my phone so i can stay in the loop than have me devolving into an anxious mess in front of old ladies at the museum lmao. I'll have a catchup time during my lunch break and possibly during my 15 minute afternoon break but other than that y'all are mooostly gonna see me in the three hours before rollover. I'll do my best to catch up over the nights tho o7

note that this does not apply to the 2nd, the 3rd, and if we make it that far, any other sunday/monday pairs this game runs into as those are my days off
artmajor - she/her
comms open!
0WcOw2E.pngLApYAIi.gif p8qgXPn.gif
[quote name="@ArtMajor" date="2024-06-01 20:49:27" ] If we miselim, we could [b]easily[/b] roll into d2 with 3 dead townies. 1 from miselim, 1 from mafia kill, and 1 from a vig. That then takes us with those initial numbers from 4-5 maf, 1-2 3p, and 11-13 town. [/quote] Exactly this! The odds aren’t that great, and we’ll probably get at least [i]some[/i] information over the night, and plenty from talking until end of d1. Even just getting to know eachother is valuable information, though it isn’t exactly hard evidence it’s still useful!
@ArtMajor wrote on 2024-06-01 20:49:27:
If we miselim, we could easily roll into d2 with 3 dead townies. 1 from miselim, 1 from mafia kill, and 1 from a vig. That then takes us with those initial numbers from 4-5 maf, 1-2 3p, and 11-13 town.
Exactly this! The odds aren’t that great, and we’ll probably get at least some information over the night, and plenty from talking until end of d1. Even just getting to know eachother is valuable information, though it isn’t exactly hard evidence it’s still useful!
IMG-7661.png

You can call me Ene or Een!
I’m subbed to all threads I make, but please ping me in external threads!

IMG-8367.png
@ArtMajor (my time on discord has me conditioned to think that if I ping people too much they'll consider it an annoyance, but here I'd rather ping than not ping so that it doesn't look like I'm trying to talk behind your back or anything. Lmk in the future if you'd prefer me not to ping with replies)

In my experience vigilantees usually have a limited number of shots? So tbh if they pull a kill on d1 that's a lot of gumption right there.
@ArtMajor (my time on discord has me conditioned to think that if I ping people too much they'll consider it an annoyance, but here I'd rather ping than not ping so that it doesn't look like I'm trying to talk behind your back or anything. Lmk in the future if you'd prefer me not to ping with replies)

In my experience vigilantees usually have a limited number of shots? So tbh if they pull a kill on d1 that's a lot of gumption right there.
download-3.png FR+3
Any pronouns
Sell me your frogs!
[quote name="@TrashySockBasket" date="2024-06-01 21:01:03" ] @/ArtMajor (my time on discord has me conditioned to think that if I ping people too much they'll consider it an annoyance, but here I'd rather ping than not ping so that it doesn't look like I'm trying to talk behind your back or anything. Lmk in the future if you'd prefer me not to ping with replies) In my experience vigilantees usually have a limited number of shots? So tbh if they pull a kill on d1 that's a lot of gumption right there. [/quote] Oh nah please ping me esp. if u want me to respond smth when ive been gone all day lmao I've seen some vigs with unlimited shots (though they usually have some form of drawback such as guilt or they have to pick between vig and smth else) but i will also tell u that based on the people i recognize that are here if anyone between myself, Raccoon, or Storia is a vig there's a 70/30 we have a vig shot tonight hahdskjfhadsjkh. Depending on how the day goes if either Dande, SQ, or Ainsell is a vig there's a decent chance one of them might shoot too -squints- tho they're definitely less trigger happy than i would be lmaoooo [s]Also does depend on the stipulations of the vig, if its limited / what the drawback is[/s]
@TrashySockBasket wrote on 2024-06-01 21:01:03:
@/ArtMajor (my time on discord has me conditioned to think that if I ping people too much they'll consider it an annoyance, but here I'd rather ping than not ping so that it doesn't look like I'm trying to talk behind your back or anything. Lmk in the future if you'd prefer me not to ping with replies)

Oh nah please ping me esp. if u want me to respond smth when ive been gone all day lmao

I've seen some vigs with unlimited shots (though they usually have some form of drawback such as guilt or they have to pick between vig and smth else) but i will also tell u that based on the people i recognize that are here if anyone between myself, Raccoon, or Storia is a vig there's a 70/30 we have a vig shot tonight hahdskjfhadsjkh. Depending on how the day goes if either Dande, SQ, or Ainsell is a vig there's a decent chance one of them might shoot too -squints- tho they're definitely less trigger happy than i would be lmaoooo Also does depend on the stipulations of the vig, if its limited / what the drawback is
artmajor - she/her
comms open!
0WcOw2E.pngLApYAIi.gif p8qgXPn.gif