Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [VAL 2024] Sew Cute! - finished
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 30 31
Quote:
Have you ever been to a Build-A-Bear Workshop?
If so, how did you feel about the experience?
If not, would you want to make a stuffed animal there?
yes, I've been! my parents used to take me every year for my birthday when I was really little- I think three times in total. I still have the old plushes! recently, though, I've only been once with one of my friends. we were out of town for a concert in 2022, were wandering around a tourist mall and decided to go in. I made a cute toothless build-a-bear!
Quote:
yes, I've been! my parents used to take me every year for my birthday when I was really little- I think three times in total. I still have the old plushes! recently, though, I've only been once with one of my friends. we were out of town for a concert in 2022, were wandering around a tourist mall and decided to go in. I made a cute toothless build-a-bear!
TW8ViqF.png
lfYPqpD.png
5hF3FGk.png
zxmejPZ.png
JvUa9ma.png
YMPbu9R.png
qO3o9mR.png u0zgn1V.pngybAHpix.pngmVbiNgO.pngMTtORbV.pngZ5EpBf9.pngulhQhg3.pngCaJnYmb.pngde4wk5D.pnglFq36vF.pngfsMWPHj.pngQJAOLGp.pngcedPG3i.png
lJX7Tr5.png
[quote=#2 | Feb 6]Have you ever been to a Build-A-Bear Workshop? If so, how did you feel about the experience? If not, would you want to make a stuffed animal there?[/quote] I have been there a few times, and remember getting World Wildlife Fund cheetah and snow leopard plushies made there! Nowadays, from a technical standpoint, I find the process fascinating- that ladder stitch with the pull strings to close it shut by hand is pretty neat!
#2 | Feb 6 wrote:

I have been there a few times, and remember getting World Wildlife Fund cheetah and snow leopard plushies made there! Nowadays, from a technical standpoint, I find the process fascinating- that ladder stitch with the pull strings to close it shut by hand is pretty neat!
4qwWBWB.png
Signature art by Toxoid!

i love build a bear. i do think its a bit silly though. i don't see how they can get away with fifty dollars a bear. it seems very very pricey to me even as someone who has gone at least three times. i do like it though!! i just think bear prices are ridiculous /lh

i love build a bear. i do think its a bit silly though. i don't see how they can get away with fifty dollars a bear. it seems very very pricey to me even as someone who has gone at least three times. i do like it though!! i just think bear prices are ridiculous /lh
QSVqUJe.png
acherontia
it/its
pink critter enjoyer
Quote:

I remember when I was a kid, I went to a birthday party at Build-A-Bear. Couldn't tell ya what I made, but the experience was a lot of fun! There's just something magical about customizing a plush in the store like that. The "bathtub" machine with the brush was always my favorite part.

My brother took me to BaB for my birthday just a couple years ago, to get the life sized bulbasaur plush! It's a little goofy going back as an adult, but it's still very fun. I still did the heart ritual and made him a birth certificate :P
Quote:

I remember when I was a kid, I went to a birthday party at Build-A-Bear. Couldn't tell ya what I made, but the experience was a lot of fun! There's just something magical about customizing a plush in the store like that. The "bathtub" machine with the brush was always my favorite part.

My brother took me to BaB for my birthday just a couple years ago, to get the life sized bulbasaur plush! It's a little goofy going back as an adult, but it's still very fun. I still did the heart ritual and made him a birth certificate :P
shopbutton-resize-transparent.png
Quote:

I have been to Build-A-Bear! I got a purple bear, I think it was before there were more fun animal options? It was fun, I got a little purple dress outfit and I kinda wish I had gotten more outfits.
Quote:

I have been to Build-A-Bear! I got a purple bear, I think it was before there were more fun animal options? It was fun, I got a little purple dress outfit and I kinda wish I had gotten more outfits.
art of a yellow winged cat standing on a book, linking to the thread the badge was froma fake item ribbon with trans and rainbow flag colors linking to a thread with more ribbons/art of a traveling Light flight Spiral dragon linking to the artist
Quote:

I've been a couple times when I was little! I have a husky with little pink wheeled shoes that I adored, and I think a regular teddy bear?
Quote:

I've been a couple times when I was little! I have a husky with little pink wheeled shoes that I adored, and I think a regular teddy bear?
adopt-sig.pngxxxrva7IHk.pngxxxroad-not-taken-button-90px.pngxxx4XpFW61.png
Quote:

I have, but it was so long ago that I hardly remember how I felt about it, haha. I do remember loving the stuffed wolf I got there, though! I think it could be fun to go again, if I had some friends to go with :>
Quote:

I have, but it was so long ago that I hardly remember how I felt about it, haha. I do remember loving the stuffed wolf I got there, though! I think it could be fun to go again, if I had some friends to go with :>

1C4RmMC.png
mlHpBMC.png
LF :: nests of
yMgLfNO.pnggem.pngcherubgeneeggivory.pngFz6gBO0.png
Just seen this and it's so cute omg I might have to pull out some old sewing bits if I can find them ~ in the meantime I'll answer some questions! [quote]Do you have any crafty hobbies like knitting, sewing, or crocheting? If so, what was your favourite project to work on? If not, do you think you’ll try starting a crafty hobby in the future?[/quote] Crafts are not so much a hobby of mine, just something I've dabbled in from time to time ever since sewing was part of my home ec class in school. I've done bits of sewing mostly for cosplay since, and I'd really like to do more of that down the line! [quote]Have you ever been to a Build-A-Bear Workshop? If so, how did you feel about the experience? If not, would you want to make a stuffed animal there?[/quote] When I was small we went to Build-A-Bear a few times! It was definitely fun, though I don't fully remember all the details. I do still have all the plushes around somewhere! I did manage to track down this BaB dragon whose name I have unfortunately forgotten. She's probably about a decade old at this point! [img]https://i.imgur.com/2VzmPGlm.jpg[/img]
Just seen this and it's so cute omg I might have to pull out some old sewing bits if I can find them ~ in the meantime I'll answer some questions!
Quote:
Do you have any crafty hobbies like knitting, sewing, or crocheting?
If so, what was your favourite project to work on?
If not, do you think you’ll try starting a crafty hobby in the future?

Crafts are not so much a hobby of mine, just something I've dabbled in from time to time ever since sewing was part of my home ec class in school. I've done bits of sewing mostly for cosplay since, and I'd really like to do more of that down the line!
Quote:

When I was small we went to Build-A-Bear a few times! It was definitely fun, though I don't fully remember all the details. I do still have all the plushes around somewhere! I did manage to track down this BaB dragon whose name I have unfortunately forgotten. She's probably about a decade old at this point!

2VzmPGlm.jpg
jYhzVxQ.png0aPAbek.pnguFVP0Nt.png8wpM4Lo.png
Quote:

Yep! Have definitely been. My first visit was during a meetup with an international friends group. (We're all 90s kids, so of course we had to go the mall to hang out!) We low-key peer pressured each other into all getting animals and recording voice clips for each other and stuff. Most of us still have our animals, tho the batteries in the sound chips have definitely run out.

I think I have.... 6? stuffies from them now. Maybe more. My favorite is the one that I take to travel to events, because my husband did the heart ceremony for that one. I'm low-key hoping to get the year-of-the-dragon plush this year, but I don't know when I'm going to get over to a mall. I know the internet is a thing, but buying them in person is more special.
Quote:

Yep! Have definitely been. My first visit was during a meetup with an international friends group. (We're all 90s kids, so of course we had to go the mall to hang out!) We low-key peer pressured each other into all getting animals and recording voice clips for each other and stuff. Most of us still have our animals, tho the batteries in the sound chips have definitely run out.

I think I have.... 6? stuffies from them now. Maybe more. My favorite is the one that I take to travel to events, because my husband did the heart ceremony for that one. I'm low-key hoping to get the year-of-the-dragon plush this year, but I don't know when I'm going to get over to a mall. I know the internet is a thing, but buying them in person is more special.
under construction...
I'm back with a second sewn dragon @Cordially - this one is 7cm wide! [img]https://i.imgur.com/R8gf3XM.png[/img] But whats this? It's double sided! [img]https://i.imgur.com/29K4bk7.png[/img] Best thing about working with fabric scraps, you're never going to know what you'll get! Managed to get the wing definition this time, but still ned to make a full sized one to compete the collection!
I'm back with a second sewn dragon @Cordially - this one is 7cm wide!
R8gf3XM.png
But whats this? It's double sided!
29K4bk7.png
Best thing about working with fabric scraps, you're never going to know what you'll get!
Managed to get the wing definition this time, but still ned to make a full sized one to compete the collection!
SbvRDbG.gif53548275035_c8f3cd96b1_q.jpg
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 30 31