Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Secrets of the Airship [ DISCUSSION ]
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 110 111
[quote name="autumnseas" date="2024-01-13 20:37:06" ] [quote name="Polybius0147" date="2024-01-13 20:25:05" ] [quote name="ChaoticPotato" date="2024-01-13 16:53:06" ] [quote name="Polybius0147" date="2024-01-13 16:47:35" ] [b]@ CreatorsDilemma is there a reason you’re opening with the same questions I opened with on polus? Especially knowing my reasoning from then, are you expecting to get anything out of it this game?[/b] [/quote] This is what I am referencing (also if it was directed at me and not Dilemma, I spectated Polus and didn't pay attention to the thread so I have no idea why our questions line up - just what my gut said to ask) [/quote] [quote name="ChaoticPotato" date="2024-01-13 16:54:34" ] Or maybe the questions lodged themselves into the recesses of my subconscious and got pulled out here, I was not intentionally asking anything to be similar to what you've asked, sigh. [/quote] [FONT=Comic Sans MS] yeah- that was, i got the names mixed up. uncanny on your part then. the question still stands if youre expecting to get something off of it tho [/FONT] [/quote] i wasn't at all part of the first game, what do you mean by "your reasoning from then" for asking the questions? i generally don't think asking/answering icebreaker questions is indicative of anything, but if there's a case where it was for a reason other that just starting conversation that makes you think otherwise, i'm curious about that [/quote] [FONT=Comic Sans MS] ah- in the polus game i specificually used starting questions as a foundation for a RT and to identify tonereads from it ^w^ (not to toot my own horn but it worked p well for me). so the same querstions being asked again when a majortity of the players would know the purpose pinged me as performative given they closely followed my own. (i guess i dont have a copyright on asking people how theyre doing, but still) [/FONT]
autumnseas wrote on 2024-01-13 20:37:06:
Polybius0147 wrote on 2024-01-13 20:25:05:
ChaoticPotato wrote on 2024-01-13 16:53:06:
Polybius0147 wrote on 2024-01-13 16:47:35:
@ CreatorsDilemma is there a reason you’re opening with the same questions I opened with on polus? Especially knowing my reasoning from then, are you expecting to get anything out of it this game?

This is what I am referencing (also if it was directed at me and not Dilemma, I spectated Polus and didn't pay attention to the thread so I have no idea why our questions line up - just what my gut said to ask)
ChaoticPotato wrote on 2024-01-13 16:54:34:
Or maybe the questions lodged themselves into the recesses of my subconscious and got pulled out here, I was not intentionally asking anything to be similar to what you've asked, sigh.
yeah- that was, i got the names mixed up. uncanny on your part then. the question still stands if youre expecting to get something off of it tho
i wasn't at all part of the first game, what do you mean by "your reasoning from then" for asking the questions? i generally don't think asking/answering icebreaker questions is indicative of anything, but if there's a case where it was for a reason other that just starting conversation that makes you think otherwise, i'm curious about that
ah- in the polus game i specificually used starting questions as a foundation for a RT and to identify tonereads from it ^w^ (not to toot my own horn but it worked p well for me). so the same querstions being asked again when a majortity of the players would know the purpose pinged me as performative given they closely followed my own. (i guess i dont have a copyright on asking people how theyre doing, but still)
neil
it/its + he/him
the comic sanser
p8qgXPn.gif [/url
Hey everyone, just checking in before I head to bed! I will actually read the thread tomorrow, but it's late, I'm tired, and I don't feel like it right now haha

I'm Dandelion (they/she), my timezone is FR +3, and I'm looking forward to playing with you all! I see some familiar names and some new ones, which is always exciting.

Looks like Potato has started us off with a questionnaire, including the classic "D1 elim" question, and let me just say up-front: I am very pro-D1 elim and I know others on this playerlist are as well, which makes it very likely we will have an elim today. If you are town I strongly encourage you to vote today even if you are normally against d1 elims because when you abstain from voting you give scum more power to control the vote.

As for the 2nd question, meh. I don't really believe in universal scumtells, I think it's always context-dependent. I think a lot of scummy behavior and newbie behavior can overlap and it's really a skill to be able to differentiate between them sometimes lol

Potato, whenever you see this, would you mind explaining what your goal was with asking this question?

And as for how I'm doing, pretty good but ready to sleep now zzzz

I'll take a cookie but only if you promise it's not secretly poisoned lol
Hey everyone, just checking in before I head to bed! I will actually read the thread tomorrow, but it's late, I'm tired, and I don't feel like it right now haha

I'm Dandelion (they/she), my timezone is FR +3, and I'm looking forward to playing with you all! I see some familiar names and some new ones, which is always exciting.

Looks like Potato has started us off with a questionnaire, including the classic "D1 elim" question, and let me just say up-front: I am very pro-D1 elim and I know others on this playerlist are as well, which makes it very likely we will have an elim today. If you are town I strongly encourage you to vote today even if you are normally against d1 elims because when you abstain from voting you give scum more power to control the vote.

As for the 2nd question, meh. I don't really believe in universal scumtells, I think it's always context-dependent. I think a lot of scummy behavior and newbie behavior can overlap and it's really a skill to be able to differentiate between them sometimes lol

Potato, whenever you see this, would you mind explaining what your goal was with asking this question?

And as for how I'm doing, pretty good but ready to sleep now zzzz

I'll take a cookie but only if you promise it's not secretly poisoned lol
c9c23580419fec54be2b4979518c17d098f19439.pngGG24 Cicada Confluence Signature Graphic397a8c3c0f2766016db71237c513d42e2fdcb87a.png
[quote="Neil"] ah- in the polus game i specificually used starting questions as a foundation for a RT and to identify tonereads from it ^w^ (not to toot my own horn but it worked p well for me). so the same querstions being asked again when a majortity of the players would know the purpose pinged me as performative given they closely followed my own. (i guess i dont have a copyright on asking people how theyre doing, but still) [/quote] Oh funny crosspost lol I did not really follow the Polus game at all so I guess I'm out of the loop here... the only question that felt non-standard to me was the 2nd one, d1 elim always comes up and "how are you" seems like a standard thing to ask, but would like to see what Potato says in answer to my question.
Neil wrote:
ah- in the polus game i specificually used starting questions as a foundation for a RT and to identify tonereads from it ^w^ (not to toot my own horn but it worked p well for me). so the same querstions being asked again when a majortity of the players would know the purpose pinged me as performative given they closely followed my own. (i guess i dont have a copyright on asking people how theyre doing, but still)

Oh funny crosspost lol

I did not really follow the Polus game at all so I guess I'm out of the loop here... the only question that felt non-standard to me was the 2nd one, d1 elim always comes up and "how are you" seems like a standard thing to ask, but would like to see what Potato says in answer to my question.
c9c23580419fec54be2b4979518c17d098f19439.pngGG24 Cicada Confluence Signature Graphic397a8c3c0f2766016db71237c513d42e2fdcb87a.png
#lore. idrc to explain it i guess but generally you can find smth telling from that sort of start to a game? ie a mafia would perhaps overplay an excitement or whatnot. which that was based off ric asking me that in sonic mafia and etc etc.

#lore. idrc to explain it i guess but generally you can find smth telling from that sort of start to a game? ie a mafia would perhaps overplay an excitement or whatnot. which that was based off ric asking me that in sonic mafia and etc etc.

neil
it/its + he/him
the comic sanser
p8qgXPn.gif [/url
thus me asking if therewas a purpose for it ig
thus me asking if therewas a purpose for it ig
neil
it/its + he/him
the comic sanser
p8qgXPn.gif [/url
I lied I skimmed the first two pages, and all 3 of Potato, Neil, and Dilemma are giving off 3p energy lmao

It's an early read so not putting much stock in it, but I'm gonna say there is at most one scum and/or one 3p among those three names.
I lied I skimmed the first two pages, and all 3 of Potato, Neil, and Dilemma are giving off 3p energy lmao

It's an early read so not putting much stock in it, but I'm gonna say there is at most one scum and/or one 3p among those three names.
[quote name="Polybius0147" date="2024-01-13 20:56:02" ] #lore. idrc to explain it i guess but generally you can find smth telling from that sort of start to a game? ie a mafia would perhaps overplay an excitement or whatnot. which that was based off ric asking me that in sonic mafia and etc etc. [/quote] Neil are you gonna toneread me this game
Polybius0147 wrote on 2024-01-13 20:56:02:

Neil are you gonna toneread me this game
[quote name="dandelionfires" date="2024-01-13 20:57:41" ] [quote name="Polybius0147" date="2024-01-13 20:56:02" ] #lore. idrc to explain it i guess but generally you can find smth telling from that sort of start to a game? ie a mafia would perhaps overplay an excitement or whatnot. which that was based off ric asking me that in sonic mafia and etc etc. [/quote] Neil are you gonna toneread me this game [/quote] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]why would i read you when i can read you off the n2 kill [/FONT]
dandelionfires wrote on 2024-01-13 20:57:41:
Polybius0147 wrote on 2024-01-13 20:56:02:

Neil are you gonna toneread me this game
why would i read you when i can read you off the n2 kill
neil
it/its + he/him
the comic sanser
p8qgXPn.gif [/url
[quote name="dandelionfires" date="2024-01-13 20:56:44" ] I lied I skimmed the first two pages, and all 3 of Potato, Neil, and Dilemma are giving off 3p energy lmao It's an early read so not putting much stock in it, but I'm gonna say there is at most one scum and/or one 3p among those three names. [/quote] [FONT=Comic Sans MS] oh good im not the only one. i was acc gonna shift a vote on dilemma instead [/FONT]
dandelionfires wrote on 2024-01-13 20:56:44:

oh good im not the only one. i was acc gonna shift a vote on dilemma instead
neil
it/its + he/him
the comic sanser
p8qgXPn.gif [/url
[quote name="Polybius0147" date="2024-01-13 21:00:39" ] [quote name="dandelionfires" date="2024-01-13 20:56:44" ] I lied I skimmed the first two pages, and all 3 of Potato, Neil, and Dilemma are giving off 3p energy lmao It's an early read so not putting much stock in it, but I'm gonna say there is at most one scum and/or one 3p among those three names. [/quote] [FONT=Comic Sans MS] oh good im not the only one. i was acc gonna shift a vote on dilemma instead [/FONT] [/quote] I would ask where your vote was before, but it's prob already in the thread that I haven't bothered to read yet and I actually need to go to sleep now lol. Will keep this in mind when I read tomorrow!
Polybius0147 wrote on 2024-01-13 21:00:39:
dandelionfires wrote on 2024-01-13 20:56:44:

oh good im not the only one. i was acc gonna shift a vote on dilemma instead

I would ask where your vote was before, but it's prob already in the thread that I haven't bothered to read yet and I actually need to go to sleep now lol. Will keep this in mind when I read tomorrow!
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 110 111